Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,314 members, 7,811,935 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:07 AM

How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? (8683 Views)

My Former Employer Is About To Cheat Me, Please Help / Please Help! My Former Employer Demands I Refund A Month Salary... / Police Beats Man For Asking For His 2 Months Salary From His Boss(video+pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by lawnreigh(m): 8:45am On Feb 02, 2017
Good morning, I happen to work in a Chinese firm as Asst HR and Interpreter but the working condition is so hard and unfavourable, I work for Over 12 hours a day and I will still be required to wake up in the night and go round the factory to look around whether some people are sleeping or not I got a new job which I am supposed to resume on the 1st of February(better pay and working conditions. I told my Nigerian manager overthere about it and he said I should resume the new work and all that but he will call me back to renegotiate with them, I resume and the new place later summoned me for a meeting and when I got there to my surprise I was told that I should resume back with an increment of 10K on my former salary(which is not upto new job probation period pay) or forfeit my January salary and also threatened to blackmail me in my new place because its also Chinese
Note: I wasn‘t given employment letter nor have any agreement of one month notification and also their work is garbage in garbage out with no job security and can be told to leave anytime, no leave, no health care package or any benefits attached
Thanks in advance and ignore any error because I was typing fast and all that
Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by ybalogs(m): 8:54am On Feb 02, 2017
Bro,just forfeit your salary and move on hoping they won't succeed in blackmailing you.Best of luck.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by ejamahrandy: 6:54am On Feb 04, 2017
concort a talisman

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by NaLaugh: 6:55am On Feb 04, 2017
Legal action.

Also, collect any evidence you can. e.g secretly record a discussion with your former employer about the matter.

Reference their threat to "blackmail" you, so they go on the record to have said that.
Otherwise, it's your word against theirs, and as far as I know, Nigeria treats foreigners better than it citizens.
So, that'll put you in a bad spot if you don't have concrete evidence.

note: I'm not sure what the "wire tapping" laws are in Nigeria, but I assume it isn't illegal to discretely record the exchange.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by SammieLowkey(m): 6:55am On Feb 04, 2017
If the advice directly above mine doesn't work...

Go there with this and do some real damage

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by littlewonders: 6:56am On Feb 04, 2017
Allow January salary go or probably sacrifice it as a Valentine gift to them and move on.
Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by Lighthammer(m): 6:56am On Feb 04, 2017
Na court things be dat
Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by abioyeolaide(m): 6:58am On Feb 04, 2017
Go for the new job, u have to move on an d have d mindset that they won't be successful if they try to blackmail you.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by onlymase(m): 6:58am On Feb 04, 2017
Talk with human right activist who wont charge you much or even render his service for free.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by lonelydora: 7:01am On Feb 04, 2017
ybalogs:
Bro,just forfeit your salary and move on hoping they won't succeed in blackmailing you.Best of luck.

He needs to work harder in the new place to disapprove any form blackmail that will come later.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by LEXYCOM: 7:03am On Feb 04, 2017
Employ my service..... I need his address and picture grin
Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 04, 2017
By virtue of Section 11 of Labour Act, an employer or employee in an employment who wishes to terminate same must give at least one month notice or salary in lieu to either party unless there is express provision to the contrary. It is immaterial the employee is on probation. So my advice is that you contact your lawyer to institute necessary recovery action at National Industrial Court.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by Antoeni(m): 7:04am On Feb 04, 2017
Go tru dead labour congress
Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by Nobody: 7:04am On Feb 04, 2017
ybalogs:

U nailed it bro, OP one month salary can not cataport u to that success u hv been looking for. Count it as loss & ride on bro.God is ur strnt

1 Like

Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by Nobody: 7:06am On Feb 04, 2017
Look at diz homo sapien Don't u have hands 2 use and strangle a curry smelling, midget looking chinese skank? Keep toying wit ur destinyundecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by ItzHoludex(m): 7:09am On Feb 04, 2017
wat did u do dat dey want to blackmail u.. baba make police report about d blackmailing stuff now, so when it happens u can be backed up by d police
Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by whizbee(m): 7:12am On Feb 04, 2017
Turn on your sound recorder discreetly, Try to get your former employer into a conversation about the issue, if they're really serious, they'll still threaten you, give your lawyer and new employer the recording, notify industrial court, if they try nonsense, your old company can even go down for it,
Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by Gideonjerry(m): 7:15am On Feb 04, 2017
That is kwaraption and Buhari will not hesitate to send the chinese alaroro to kuje when he comes back. just report him to baba buhari
Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by spaggyy(m): 7:18am On Feb 04, 2017
omo
Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by wiseone10: 7:18am On Feb 04, 2017
In my last job, I got paid on a Friday then resigned the following Monday.

Had I given one month notice, they probably wouldn't have paid.

Just move on bro. You win some you lose some.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by rhektor(m): 7:20am On Feb 04, 2017
Gideonjerry:
That is kwaraption and Buhari will not hesitate to send the chinese alaroro to kuje when he comes back. just report him to baba buhari

Your case case is pending till baba returns grin
Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by semasir: 7:36am On Feb 04, 2017
Very poor of them to hold on to your money. Any sane organisation will pay you from 27th, 28th of the month or at worst, last day via your account even if you are gone, you'll get money for the days worked for.
Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by dbaruwa(m): 7:43am On Feb 04, 2017
Jst let it go
Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by Brugo(m): 7:51am On Feb 04, 2017
wiseone10:
In my last job, I got paid on a Friday then resigned the following Monday.

Had I given one month notice, they probably wouldn't have paid.

Just move on bro. You win some you lose some.

Sadly that's the only way to get paid by some employers. Once they know you're leaving, they'll owe. Companies should learn to let go. It'snot by force to remain in a firm.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by Nobody: 8:10am On Feb 04, 2017
Its always advisable to collect your salary before leaving an organisation so that later you won't hear story. All these long talk would have been avoided if you had told your new employers that you would resume a few days late. Any reasonable excuse would have been accepted.

Now, its better for you to forfeit your last salary and move on. Some companies will still pay you that last salary later later after you go through the protocol of resignation , clearance et al. Pls dont go back to work in your former company. They won't look at you the same way again. Eventually, they will sack you on flimsy reasons.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by Nobody: 8:42am On Feb 04, 2017
lawnreigh:
Good morning, I happen to work in a Chinese firm as Asst HR and Interpreter but the working condition is so hard and unfavourable, I work for Over 12 hours a day and I will still be required to wake up in the night and go round the factory to look around whether some people are sleeping or not I got a new job which I am supposed to resume on the 1st of February(better pay and working conditions. I told my Nigerian manager overthere about it and he said I should resume the new work and all that but he will call me back to renegotiate with them, I resume and the new place later summoned me for a meeting and when I got there to my surprise I was told that I should resume back with an increment of 10K on my former salary(which is not upto new job probation period pay) or forfeit my January salary and also threatened to blackmail me in my new place because its also Chinese
Note: I wasn‘t given employment letter nor have any agreement of one month notification and also their work is garbage in garbage out with no job security and can be told to leave anytime, no leave, no health care package or any benefits attached
u for no giv dem d name of ur new employer.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by ezra1990: 8:45am On Feb 04, 2017
ItzHoludex:
wat did u do dat dey want to blackmail u.. baba make police report about d blackmailing stuff now, so when it happens u can be backed up by d police
Lol backed up by which police police never show u shege...the way wae dem go take turn d case upsidedown go surprise you....#POLICEISNEVERYOURFRIEND#
Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by kennys: 8:59am On Feb 04, 2017
lawnreigh:

It is your legitimate right to get what is due to you provided you don't contravene the ethics of the company. i advice you get Lawyer in this regard. All the best.
Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by blazer234: 9:03am On Feb 04, 2017
SweetAndre:

U nailed it bro, OP one month salary can not cataport u to that success u hv been looking for. Count it as loss & ride on bro.God is ur strnt

"cataport"?! shocked Go back to primary school and learn how to spell.
Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by kolado(m): 9:26am On Feb 04, 2017
I am of the opinion that the best way you can help yourself is to get a good lawyer who will write the company to pay you within a specific timeframe otherwise you'll take legal action.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who's Going To Afrika Kommt 2017 Assessment Centre In Kenya By May / Zenith Banks Refuses To Pay Members Of Staff Profit Sharing / Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.