Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? (8702 Views)

My Former Employer Is About To Cheat Me, Please Help / Please Help! My Former Employer Demands I Refund A Month Salary... / Police Beats Man For Asking For His 2 Months Salary From His Boss(video+pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by Omonigeriarere: 10:01am On Feb 04, 2017
lawnreigh:
Good morning, I happen to work in a Chinese firm as Asst HR and Interpreter but the working condition is so hard and unfavourable, I work for Over 12 hours a day and I will still be required to wake up in the night and go round the factory to look around whether some people are sleeping or not I got a new job which I am supposed to resume on the 1st of February(better pay and working conditions. I told my Nigerian manager overthere about it and he said I should resume the new work and all that but he will call me back to renegotiate with them, I resume and the new place later summoned me for a meeting and when I got there to my surprise I was told that I should resume back with an increment of 10K on my former salary(which is not upto new job probation period pay) or forfeit my January salary and also threatened to blackmail me in my new place because its also Chinese
Note: I wasn‘t given employment letter nor have any agreement of one month notification and also their work is garbage in garbage out with no job security and can be told to leave anytime, no leave, no health care package or any benefits attached
Thanks in advance and ignore any error because I was typing fast and all that

How can you accept an offer without any written employment letter? This is the only viable means of knowing your contractual terms and conditions.

They are threatening you because of this and your employer played on your intelligence based on your desperation.

Next time, make sure your employment letter is gotten even if it is #1 per month. Through this, your 'exit clause' will be clearly stated without any Atom of doubt.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by Omonigeriarere: 10:04am On Feb 04, 2017
Saintesquire:
By virtue of Section 11 of Labour Act, an employer or employee in an employment who wishes to terminate same must give at least one month notice or salary in lieu to either party unless there is express provision to the contrary. It is immaterial the employee is on probation. So my advice is that you contact your lawyer to institute necessary recovery action at National Industrial Court.

Where is the employment letter where notice period is specified? The guy has allowed desperation to overcome his intelligence. He will be at loss no matter what happens.
Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by ItzHoludex(m): 11:48am On Feb 04, 2017
ezra1990:

Lol backed up by which police police never show u shege...the way wae dem go take turn d case upsidedown go surprise you....#POLICEISNEVERYOURFRIEND#

there re still good ones out there
Re: How Do I Collect My Salary From My Former Employer? by uzuede4(f): 12:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
Op, resume work in your new company. From now on, record every conversation with your new and old company. Don't show any sign of fear. I have forfeited four months salary for another job. You are nobody's slave. Have no fear. Just go and resume your new job. Why are they looking for you if you have no value? Your new company will see your worth and retain you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Five Things You Wish Your Boss Knew / Passion VS Money - I Need Your Advice / PHOTOS: Ondo Workers Hold Prayer Session As They Resume

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.