Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,784 members, 7,824,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Almost Paradise - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Almost Paradise (143219 Views)

Wilderness In Paradise (non-fiction) / TRAGIC PARADISE By Idorenyin Matthew / Will You Meet Me In Paradise? The Story Of David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost Paradise by crislyn(f): 8:25pm On Feb 18, 2017
This Jay of a man is a disappointment....anyways that's just men for u, typical of them! You cannot sacrifice for them ra ra! Good work candy!
Re: Almost Paradise by Perfectionist11: 8:38pm On Feb 18, 2017
crislyn:
This Jay of a man is a disappointment....anyways that's just men for u, typical of them! You cannot sacrifice for them ra ra! Good work candy!

Perchance,are You Christianah from Ughelli(Delta state)?
Re: Almost Paradise by Abidx22(m): 8:55pm On Feb 18, 2017
candy:

What they are tongue cheesy

It's a joking stuvs o grin

Abi na AFrican magic?

@All, update in a bit...had a busy week. All you lovely people are appreciated.
If I hear? I reserve my comment.
Well kudos to you beebe tongue tongue tongue
Re: Almost Paradise by stuff46(m): 9:54pm On Feb 18, 2017
Skimpledawg:
Charlie, Wats the level

Tight and u?
Re: Almost Paradise by crislyn(f): 10:09pm On Feb 18, 2017
Perfectionist11:

Perchance,are You Christianah from Ughelli(Delta state)?
Lol....I'm Christiana but I'm not the one from Ughelli.
Re: Almost Paradise by Lolaabokoku(f): 10:14pm On Feb 18, 2017
Half story
Re: Almost Paradise by Perfectionist11: 1:55am On Feb 19, 2017
crislyn:

Lol....I'm Christiana but I'm not the one from Ughelli.

Oh!..the resemblance is overwhelming..& to think Your name is also Christy??..thanks tho.
Re: Almost Paradise by cyndylove64(f): 7:01am On Feb 19, 2017
Perfectionist11:

Oh!..the resemblance is overwhelming..& to think Your name is also Christy??..thanks tho.
see toasting...... Just pm her jawe nd stop asking jamb question

2 Likes

Re: Almost Paradise by Abidx22(m): 8:06am On Feb 19, 2017
cyndylove64:
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Almost Paradise by vivienD: 9:32am On Feb 19, 2017
Men! undecided
Re: Almost Paradise by ADECULATE(f): 12:08pm On Feb 19, 2017
Kip it cuming babe, following
Re: Almost Paradise by stuff46(m): 1:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
Intresting piece candy. following
Re: Almost Paradise by Perfectionist11: 2:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
cyndylove64:

Lol..You're funny..I'm not the type that beats about the bush.
Re: Almost Paradise by crislyn(f): 3:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
Perfectionist11:

She must be twin from another mother.

1 Like

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 3:36pm On Feb 19, 2017

EIGHT

He looked at Liz on the bed beside him, propped on a pillow, wide awake and deep in thought. She looked five years older than she had been last two months, the corners of her eyes creased with pain lines. He felt bad for her.

“Liz,” He placed his hand on her shoulder gently. “I’m sorry I wasn’t there to help you with Darasimi.”

“Really?” She asked quietly, facing him. “Is that the most important thing now? You’ve slept outside this house three out of seven nights this week alone”

“It’s the business, Liz. At least the house is painted now, you have a new set of furniture. Are you not happy that my business is finally doing fine?”

“But you are not there for your children. Our daughter raised her voice at me because I told her to stop seeing that boy.” She said in an emotion laden voice.

He drew closer to her. “Then let her see him, Liz.”

“Not when he brings her home by 10pm every night!”

“I don’t think Paul is that bad.”

“You even know his name.”

“I do my research.”

She looked at him for a moment, then asked, “You sound different, look different and act different lately. What have you been up to, Johnson Jayeola?”

“Nothing.” He shrugged. He sensed that Liz was aware he wasn’t telling the truth. Immediately he retreated and shut down. He wasn’t quite ready to engage her in word battle and didn’t want to alert her to the fact that another woman is in the picture. “Get some sleep, woman.”

Liz wiped her tear-stained eyes and leaned back on her pillow. “Before, I was angry at our daughter’s new defiant behaviour. Now I’m scared. She’s going astray and there is nothing I can do about it because of your new attitude of defending her against all odds.”

“She’s my daughter, Liz. I know what’s best for her.”

“I always thought she was ‘our’ daughter.” She said finally.

“I’m sorry it came out that way, Darasimi is as much your daughter as she is mine. Besides, we have to start getting used to the fact that her birth mother can come and look for her anytime.”

An awkward silence enveloped the room after Otunba’s words. Liz shook her head continuously as the tears flowed freely.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Almost Paradise by crislyn(f): 3:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
This man is a goat! Candy plz make sure he suffers with that stupid woman Ella...there's no forgiveness here o.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 19, 2017

Otunba sprinted up the stairs to Ella’s office in unrestrained anger. He had driven down to Lagos in a fury. He opened the door of her office without acknowledging the secretary’s greetings.

“Oh, look who is here.” Ella said with a smile.

“What is this, Ella?” He handed her a printed email, the subject of his unscheduled visit to Lagos this Monday morning.

“Sit down, sweetheart.” Ella walked over to him and held his hands, looking at him apologetically. “I thought this was a better way.”

“Otunba snatched his hands from hers in anger. “I told you to let me handle this my way. How dare you send an email to my daughter, telling her you are her birth mother? You only forgot to tell her you dumped her two weeks after you brought her into this world.”

“I’ve tried meeting her to chat with her several times, but she has always avoided my advances, courtesy of your miserable wife,” She said in anger. “I need her to enjoy my wealth.”

“Look, it’s okay. But I’d appreciate it if you allow me handle it from here. Believe me, I've already set the machineries in motion at home.” Otunba said uneasily. Isabella had the key to everything he dreamt of. The good cars, the big houses, the trips abroad. That exotic beauty. The good life. Liz on the other hand was a complete woman; a good wife, a good mother, a good friend and confidant, but satisfied with poverty. He was not. For two months now, his life had witnessed a beautiful turn around and he was determined to keep it that way. If it meant tolerating some of Ella’s excesses, then so be it.

Ella smiled seductively. “That’s okay, I trust you.”

“And you are looking so sexy today. Hope you are not trying to attract other men.”

Ella simply smiled and shrugged her shoulders in response.

Otunba looked at the sexy woman who held his hands. ‘If only Liz is half as stunning as you are.’ He thought as he kissed Ella deeply in the mouth. Her lips felt so soft he shuddered with desire. Sometimes, he felt like he was remotely controlled by Ella.

Ella cat-walked to the shelves that lined a large part of the walls of her office, pulled out an envelope from one of the top shelves, rummaged through and handed him his travelling passport. “Here, we start our tour of the world from New York City.”

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Almost Paradise by Abidx22(m): 4:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
candy:

Otunba sprinted up the stairs to Ella’s office in unrestrained anger. He had driven down to Lagos in a fury. He opened the door of her office without acknowledging the secretary’s greetings.

“Oh, look who is here.” Ella said with a smile.

“What is this, Ella?” He handed her a printed email, the subject of his unscheduled visit to Lagos this Monday morning.

“Sit down, sweetheart.” Ella walked over to him and held his hands, looking at him apologetically. “I thought this was a better way.”

“Otunba snatched his hands from hers in anger. “I told you to let me handle this my way. How dare you send an email to my daughter, telling her you are her birth mother? You only forgot to tell her you dumped her two weeks after you brought her into this world.”

“I’ve tried meeting her to chat with her several times, but she has always avoided my advances, courtesy of your miserable wife,” She said in anger. “I need her to enjoy my wealth.”

“Look, it’s okay. But I’d appreciate it if you allow me handle it from here. Believe me, I've already set the machineries in motion at home.” Otunba said uneasily. Isabella had the key to everything he dreamt of. The good cars, the big houses, the trips abroad. That exotic beauty. The good life. Liz on the other hand was a complete woman; a good wife, a good mother, a good friend and confidant, but satisfied with poverty. He was not. For two months now, his life had witnessed a beautiful turn around and he was determined to keep it that way. If it meant tolerating some of Ella’s excesses, then so be it.

Ella smiled seductively. “That’s okay, I trust you.”

“And you are looking so sexy today. Hope you are not trying to attract other men.”

Ella simply smiled and shrugged her shoulders in response.

Otunba looked at the sexy woman who held his hands. ‘If only Liz is half as stunning as you are.’ He thought as he kissed Ella deeply in the mouth. Her lips felt so soft he shuddered with desire. Sometimes, he felt like he was remotely controlled by Ella.

Ella cat-walked to the shelves that lined a large part of the walls of her office, pulled out an envelope from one of the top shelves, rummaged through and handed him his travelling passport. “Here, we start our tour of the world from New York City.”

cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Almost Paradise by Skimpledawg(m): 4:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
Abidx22:

cry cry cry cry cry
Don't you ever, I repeat never you try this thing another time undecided

Candy, coman continue o
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
Abidx22:

cry cry cry cry cry
*hands Abidx22 a roll of tissue*

Skimpledawg:

Don't you ever, I repeat never you try this thing another time undecided
Why na? undecided

crislyn:
This man is a goat! Candy plz make sure he suffers with that stupid woman Ella...there's no forgiveness here o.
Don't mind him jor.
Re: Almost Paradise by Skimpledawg(m): 4:52pm On Feb 19, 2017
candy:

Why na? undecided
Quoting the whole of your post just to drop 5 weeping emoticons...how does that make sense please undecided

I almost thought it was another post from you.

Abeg drop more abeg...na long throat I dey ejoo
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 5:05pm On Feb 19, 2017
Skimpledawg:

Quoting the whole of your post just to drop 5 weeping emoticons...how does that make sense please undecided

I almost thought it was another post from you.
grin grin cheesy
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 5:45pm On Feb 19, 2017
Otunba shaa, he's playing a game of fire that will definitely leave him with burns.... sighs
Re: Almost Paradise by crislyn(f): 7:22pm On Feb 19, 2017
handelex:
Otunba shaa, he's playing a game of fire that will definitely leave with burns.... sighs
And I hope he gets burned so badly he will never heal.
Re: Almost Paradise by ikombe: 10:00pm On Feb 19, 2017
Abidx22:
cry cry cry cry cry
why u go quote the whole thing

Re: Almost Paradise by princessadeola(f): 8:12am On Feb 20, 2017
Devil is knocking on your door Otunba
Re: Almost Paradise by jupitre(m): 8:40am On Feb 20, 2017
ikombe:
why u go quote the whole thing
see as all of you just dey shack abidx,....
Re: Almost Paradise by jupitre(m): 8:43am On Feb 20, 2017
candy:
grin grin cheesy
nice piece you've gat here mam..more grace,wisdom from God
Re: Almost Paradise by harameede99(f): 8:53am On Feb 20, 2017
Chaii epain me for otunba dint he rememba hw she left im wit a new born child see hw hez allowing money blind im hez forsaking his faithful wife hez gonna regret it
Re: Almost Paradise by jupitre(m): 9:01am On Feb 20, 2017
harameede99:
Chaii epain me for otunba dint he rememba hw she left im wit a new born child see hw hez allowing money blind im hez forsaking his faithful wife hez gonna regret it

shey na MONEY you dey talk about like that?am damn sure if you are the one in that position,you will do same.don't blame him ooo,only 10% in nigeria won't fall into that trap

1 Like

Re: Almost Paradise by jupitre(m): 9:02am On Feb 20, 2017
harameede99:

shey na MONEY you dey talk about like that?am damn sure if you were in his shoes,you will do same.don't blame him ooo,only 10% in nigeria won't fall into that trap
Re: Almost Paradise by harameede99(f): 10:13am On Feb 20, 2017
jupitre:

shey na MONEY you dey talk about like that?am damn sure if you were in his shoes,you will do same.don't blame him ooo,only 10% in nigeria won't fall into that trap
even if i get tempted all i av to tink of is all that has apend frm wen she left me nd my present faithful wife

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (27) (Reply)

Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi / The Carpenter, The Witch And The Mysterious Mirrow / Black Maria 4 (Nemesis)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.