Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,961 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:01 AM

Almost Paradise - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Almost Paradise (143030 Views)

Wilderness In Paradise (non-fiction) / TRAGIC PARADISE By Idorenyin Matthew / Will You Meet Me In Paradise? The Story Of David (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Almost Paradise by wizsolzy(m): 6:02pm On Feb 28, 2017
hmmmmm I like dis yomi of a guy....a true friend indeed
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2017
candy:

Digest this one na, thers are still eating tongue

But I will update before the end of this week, God sparing our lives.

So We Gonna Have To Wait For Another Five Days Be4 Ur Nxt Update, Miss Candy U Need To Improve On Updating These Story Frequently, I Have Waited For Lyk 4Days Be4 I Saw These Update,
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 8:02pm On Feb 28, 2017
How come i didn't see the mention?. Na wa OooOo. Nice work candy. I still dey follow. You upandan...lolzz.
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 28, 2017
Eleven

Darasimi dug through her closet, through a stack of new and freshly laundered clothes, and finally came up with a pair of blue skinny jeans and a red crop top. She picked a pair of blue tennis from her fresh collection on the shoe rack and added a tiny gold chain -all gifts from her ‘new mum’.

She checked herself in the mirror and smiled. Turning to her friend, Tolu, she asked, “How do I look?”

“You want my honest opinion?” Tolu asked her.

“yes na.” She said with pouted lips.
Tolu drew herself to a sitting position on the bed and said, “I don’t think your mother will like this.”

“Which of my mothers?” Darasimi asked with a touch of sarcasm and masked sadness. Tolu was her best friend and she never hid anything from her.

“Mrs Liz Jayeola, the mother that raised you in a decent manner. Being a mother does not end in the birth process o, there is more to it.” Tolu concluded her speech.

“Bravo, what a speech.” Darasimi paused to clap before she continued with her makeup. “Preach that to someone who gives a shit.”

“That’s the problem, Darasimi! I think it’s about time you start giving a shit! You never wore a crop top, never owned a skinny jeans and you never wore this kind of make up till your supposedly birth mother came into the picture.” Tolu said, almost in tears. Mrs Williams has spoilt Darasimi with cash and material gifts. She had started with the EOD, then the alerts started coming in after their first meeting. To Tobi’s surprise, she had encouraged her to date Paul, but use protection, whereas Mrs Liz had frowned at it.

“Sorry to disappoint you, but I think my mum- Mrs Jayeola – is too strict. She won’t even let me see Paul or go out with him in peace. Honestly, I enjoy this freedom. The apartment, the car, the cash and Paul. So, deal with it.”

Her phone rang and she checked the caller ID. “Paul.” She said and picked her blue designer handbag. “If i’m not back by 10pm tonight, you’ll see me tomorrow since you've chosen to stay alone.”

When she was gone, Tolu’s eyes clouded with tears. Almost two months now since she moved out of her house and moved to this house rented and paid for by Mrs Williams. She was losing her friend and she knew she had to help her retrace her steps before it’s too late.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 9:13pm On Feb 28, 2017

Liz got up that Saturday morning at four o’ clock, long before Tobi woke up. She cooked, washed and cleaned the whole house. She woke him up at six and they said their prayer. They ate rice and stew and dressed up for the morning’s assignment. She wasn’t giving up her family without a fight.

The weather was cold as they got in the old family car. She never drove the camry muscle. It sat comfortably under its cover. She had bought the cover to protect the color from the weather and she 'warmed' the battery once in a while.
She drove as fast as the car would allow, barely able to go beyond 60 without the car groaning.

As she drove through the express way towards Agbowo, she considered her daughter’s reaction. Shock. Anger. But she was too determined to care. She had managed to convince Tolu to give her Paul’s address.
Mother and son rode in silence. Neither of them wanted to talk. Tobi appeared to have been worse hit by his father and sister’s absence from the house. He had withdrawn to his shell and talked little- only when necessary. Liz patted his thigh and smiled at him, he didn’t smile back.

“we are almost there.” She told him.

“Okay ma.” He responded without displaying any emotions.
A few minutes after eight, she brought the car to a halt in front of the green and cream bungalow. She parked the car behind Paul’s EOD. They both got out of the car and locked manually. Most of the buildings on the street were occupied by university students and unfenced. Paul’s house was the third on the street and the newest. The compound housed two detached bungalows. Paul lived in the second one at the back.
They tried the doorbell, but no sound. No power. Then they tried knocking. “Knock, knock.” Loud music and laughter coming from the apartment drowned their knock. The music suddenly went down and the laughter seized.
“Who is there?” Darasimi said from inside
“Your mother and brother.”
She opened the door. Red bum short, white spaghetti top, heavily made up face. “WHAT!” She screamed at the sight of her mother and brother. “Tobi” She drew her brother in warm embrace. “I have missed you, Tobi.”

“Why did you now leave me, sister Dara?” He asked.

“Who is there sweetheart?”Paul asked through the window, blowing cigarette smoke through the window.
Darasimi started to say something, shook her head and opened the door. “You have to leave now, I will come home tomorrow.”
Liz burst into tears and held on to her hand, “I am going home with you, Darasimi.”

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 9:23pm On Feb 28, 2017
I Pity These Darasimi Of A Gurl, But All In All Thanks For Updating.
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 10:14pm On Feb 28, 2017
debdave:
How come i didn't see the mention?. Na wa OooOo.
Nice work candy. I still dey follow. You upandan...lolzz.
*heaves a sigh of relief*

Good to have you here at last!
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 10:18pm On Feb 28, 2017
holuwanoisy111:
I Pity These Darasimi Of A Gurl, But All In All Thanks For Updating.
Maybe she had a bad girl side that's just coming out undecided undecided
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 8:03am On Mar 01, 2017
candy:
*heaves a sigh of relief*
Good to have you here at last!
Lolzz. Calm down...no fear. I dey here kampe. Papa and pikin don go gaga cause of money. Chai!.... O ma se OooO #GodBlessYou#
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 01, 2017
debdave:
Lolzz. Calm down...no fear. I dey here kampe. Papa and pikin don go gaga cause of money. Chai!.... O ma se OooO #GodBlessYou#
Why Wont Dey Go Gaga Money Na Key To Gud Life Now.
Re: Almost Paradise by waluga(m): 9:00am On Mar 01, 2017
daughter of the world....dara ti wa join bahd Gang #in falz tone#
Re: Almost Paradise by wizsolzy(m): 9:04am On Mar 01, 2017
darasimi darasimi darasimi how many times did I call u...

Re: Almost Paradise by Slimzjoe(m): 10:16am On Mar 01, 2017
Girls like Darisimi they fear me to born pikin i swear angry
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 11:03am On Mar 01, 2017
holuwanoisy111:
Why Wont Dey Go Gaga Money Na Key To Gud Life Now.
I know. But the way dem jst troway the woman(Liz) like say she no dey exist..jst tire me.
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 11:08am On Mar 01, 2017
debdave:

I know. But the way dem jst troway the woman(Liz) like say she no dey exist..jst tire me.
I Dont Tink Jay Love D Woman He Jst Use Her And He Wait For Betar Option Wich Is Ella.

1 Like

Re: Almost Paradise by kajsa08: 12:05pm On Mar 01, 2017
y did Darasimi's behaviour change so fast?
Re: Almost Paradise by Missmossy(f): 12:59pm On Mar 01, 2017
candy:

Maybe she had a bad girl side that's just coming out undecided undecided
Exactly my thoughts, most girls are like that if we want to be good we will but when unlimited freedom comes most do things they haven't had opportunity to do.
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 1:24pm On Mar 01, 2017
kajsa08:
y did Darasimi's behaviour change so fast?
Let's liken her to a caged bird that doesn't know the meaning of freedom till its set free.
Maybe she's confused, angry, depressed...she's definitely revolting. I just hope she doesn't hurt herself in the process.

Missmossy:

Exactly my thoughts, most girls are like that if we want to be good we will but when unlimited freedom comes most do things they haven't had opportunity to do.
That is it!

holuwanoisy111:
I Dont Tink Jay Love D Woman He Jst Use Her And He Wait For Betar Option Wich Is Ella.
Obviously he doesn't love her.

Slimzjoe:
Girls like Darisimi they fear me to born pikin i swear angry
Pikin sweet o! No fear abeg. Just be there for them.

Make Liz ko find one nice guy joo tongue

1 Like

Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 3:49pm On Mar 01, 2017
holuwanoisy111:
I just have this feeling they are all gonna come beg her. Jay... Dara...and even Ella.
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 4:51pm On Mar 01, 2017
debdave:

I just have this feeling they are all gonna come beg her. Jay... Dara...and even Ella.
Ok Lets Cross Our Finger And Wait.
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 5:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
holuwanoisy111:
Ok Lets Cross Our Finger And Wait.
#FingersCrossed#
#Waiting#
Re: Almost Paradise by bossy512(f): 9:29pm On Mar 01, 2017
Aja to ba ma sonu, koni gbo fere olode, nice update, well done

1 Like

Re: Almost Paradise by stuff46(m): 7:25am On Mar 02, 2017
Slimzjoe:
Exam Yaf Finish!! grin Now I can follow Bumperly!... Stuff46 and Skimpledawg, I see una

Onyi Isi, i hail.
Re: Almost Paradise by ruffhandu: 9:31am On Mar 03, 2017
@ Candy,
on Chapter 10, the bolded.

"Otunba had replaced the former secretary/messenger with a male as Ella’s insistence"

"If you can’t stick me, leave me the hell alone”"
Re: Almost Paradise by jupitre(m): 1:20pm On Mar 03, 2017
debdave:

its a must for them to beg latter.jay forgot that money isnt the key to everything
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 03, 2017
jupitre:

its a must for them to beg latter.jay forgot that money isnt the key to everything
It Is True Money Is Nt Everytin, But In My Own Opinion Money Is Half Of Everytin,
Re: Almost Paradise by jupitre(m): 1:48pm On Mar 03, 2017
holuwanoisy111:
It Is True Money Is Nt Everytin, But In My Own Opinion Money Is Half Of Everytin,

ehn
You arent different from jay
Re: Almost Paradise by Chumzypinky(f): 1:52pm On Mar 03, 2017
I jst feel for Liz. Dis is what money can do. Whoeva said money cant buy people?
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 3:00pm On Mar 03, 2017
jupitre:

ehn
You arent different from jay
My Dear I Think There Is Ntin Money Cant Do, D Only Thing Money Cant Do Is Buying Love, Bt Now I Tink Money Can Even Infulence Love.
Re: Almost Paradise by jupitre(m): 3:30pm On Mar 03, 2017
holuwanoisy111:
My Dear I Think There Is Ntin Money Cant Do, D Only Thing Money Cant Do Is Buying Love, Bt Now I Tink Money Can Even Infulence Love.

Love bought with money can never stand.come to think of it,if the money goes,such person is back to square one:/
Re: Almost Paradise by jupitre(m): 3:33pm On Mar 03, 2017
Chumzypinky:
I jst feel for Liz. Dis is what money can do. Whoeva said money cant buy people?

money can buy the d^mb ones
Re: Almost Paradise by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 03, 2017
jupitre:

Love bought with money can never stand.come to think of it,if the money goes,such person is back to square one:/
Dont Quote Me Wrong I Only Said Money Can Influence Love.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (27) (Reply)

Nigerian Story - Chocolates And Sushi / The Carpenter, The Witch And The Mysterious Mirrow / Black Maria 4 (Nemesis)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.