Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation (3649 Views)

I Slept With His Wife, Now He Wants To Make Love To Me As Compensation / My Uncle's Inlaw Requests For A Laptop As Bride Price / Keyamo, Wife Fight Over Custody Of 2 Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by AloyEmeka6: 12:56am On Dec 03, 2009
Keyamo’s wife requests N20m compensation

The divorce suit instituted by Lagos lawyer and human rights activist, Mr Festus Keyamo, against his wife took another dimension yesterday with the wife, Mrs Isioma Irene Keyamo, filing her response to her husband’s petition, demanding N20 million as alimony before the court.

The woman who had been on a running battle with her husband told the court in her paper that the money would serve as a compensation for the psychological trauma, financial losses, sense of disappointment and her failure at the Nigerian Law School as a result of the breach of contract of marriage between them.

She had earlier prayed the court for an extension of time to enable her file her reply to the petition filed by her husband asking for the dissolution of their marriage. She also urged the court to make an order deeming the already filed, served answer and cross petition as a properly filed process before the court.

The woman represented by the office of the Public Defender, through their counsel, Mr. Jonathan Ogunsanya, told the court that they had a motion on notice dated November 11, 2009, which the court eventually allowed, since there was no objection from the applicant.

Justice Elfreda Williams-Dawodu granted the order but asked counsel to both parties if there were no outstanding issues between the couple before a trial date is fixed as demanded by Gloria Oahajaguan, counsel to Festus Keyamo.

The Judge said all outstanding issues pending before the court between the parties must be resolved before the commencement of the substantive matter bordering on the dissolution of the marriage. She consequently ordered a compulsory conference among the parties to settle the issue of cost of maintenance among other such issues before the commencement of trial.

It could be recalled that Mrs Keyamo in her papers asking for an order mandating the petitioner (Keyamo) to be solely responsible for the educational, medical, feeding, clothing and all other expenses of the two children of their marriage, and an order mandating her husband to allow her pack her jewelries worth about N350, 000, kitchen utensils, clothes and all other personal effects from her matrimonial home.

Besides, she asked for an order granting her the custody of the two children of their marriage.

Festus Keyamo had early this year instituted a divorce suit at the High Court against his wife without demanding custody of their two children.

Justice Williams-Dawodu has adjourned the case till January 27, 2010 for report of the conference between the couple.

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=11143&z=12
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by ayomidej(f): 11:52am On Dec 03, 2009
Sue his ass for everything he has got. grin
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by AloyEmeka6: 3:40am On Dec 04, 2009
Na so money dey fall?
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by Amigoz(f): 5:50am On Dec 04, 2009
Only 20mill undecided
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by OAM4J: 1:35am On Dec 07, 2009
She will be lucky to get 2m. In Nigeria?
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 07, 2009
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by foyeks2001(f): 5:35pm On Dec 07, 2009
I knew his marriage wasnt gonna last
anyway I wish her all the best
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by OAM4J: 5:44pm On Dec 07, 2009
chaircover:

Finally Nigerian women are now hitting men where it hurts the most . . . . . their pocket & their good name.

I don’t know the in’s and out’s of this saga but if the women feels that this amount is a fair divorce settlement, then good on her & I wish her good luck.

Are you sure it's the man's fault or you just want to support your own, kind of women solidarity? undecided
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by OAM4J: 5:46pm On Dec 07, 2009
foyeks2001:

How did you know? You be w----, or did he break up with you for her or are you interested in him?
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by Nobody: 5:58pm On Dec 07, 2009
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by OAM4J: 6:04pm On Dec 07, 2009
^^^ k, just wanna know its not the women solidarity thing. cool
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 07, 2009
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by OAM4J: 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2009
now you are showing me some true colours cheesy grin

But dont forget, this is happening in a Nigerian court. The guy is a lawyer and the woman cant even afford a good lawyer. like I said before, she will be lucky to get 2m from him. Dont also forget the guy is well connected. These are things that speak in Naija.

Am not saying he is right, may be is the men solidarity thing too. cheesy grin
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by Outstrip(f): 10:30pm On Dec 07, 2009
OAM4J:

But dont forget, this is happening in a Nigerian court. The guy is a lawyer and the woman cant even afford a good lawyer. like I said before, she will be lucky to get 2m from him. Dont also forget the guy is well connected. These are things that speak in Naija.

The man is a serial cheater so he deserves to be out something. The both planned to be together forever. Her life took a different course because he asked her to marry him and she agreed. If he then says he will not keep his end of the bargain and forces her to leave then he should pay for her to start another life and also pay for the effects of what came with her marriage to him
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by MrCrackles(m): 10:33pm On Dec 07, 2009
foyeks2001:

You could have been lynched and set ablaze if you said this in the midst of people outhere
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by OAM4J: 11:25pm On Dec 07, 2009
Outstrip:

The man is a serial cheater so he deserves to be out something. The both planned to be together forever. Her life took a different course because he asked her to marry him and she agreed. If he then says he will not keep his end of the bargain and forces her to leave then he should pay for her to start another life and also pay for the effects of what came with her marriage to him

Well said. Any evidence of him being a serial cheater? And have you found out the reason why he is asking for a divorce? or that doesnt matter?
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by foyeks2001(f): 6:23pm On Dec 08, 2009
OAM4J:

How did you know? You be w----, or did he break up with you for her or are you interested in him?

i cant even date such a person?God forbid
i dont like his kind of person(he always feels like sumone that knows too much)
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by ifyalways(f): 6:31pm On Dec 08, 2009
OAM4J:

see ur life . . .so where u are coming from women cant afford good lawyers or even charge and bail?
Luckily,Irene is a lawyer.
@Topic,i hope it turns out well. undecided
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by SeanT21(f): 7:10pm On Dec 08, 2009
Love is grand; divorce is a hundred grand
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by OAM4J: 7:12pm On Dec 08, 2009
foyeks2001:

i cant even date such a person?God forbid
i dont like his kind of person(he always feels like sumone that knows too much)

Why do I think you mean opposite? Talk true now, its not a crime to have a crush on someone, its what you do with it that matters.  grin

BTW, those your lips are assets o, dont believe Keyamo 20m can afford it anyway. When i come to Abuja next year, i will find them out. cant miss them among millions.  cheesy grin
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by OAM4J: 7:18pm On Dec 08, 2009
ifyalways:

see your life . . .so where u are coming from women cant afford good lawyers or even charge and bail?
Luckily,Irene is a lawyer.
@Topic,i hope it turns out well. undecided

A charge and bail lawyer is not a good lawyer, she needs the best against someone like Keyamo.

I made the comment base on this
Aloy~Emeka:

The woman represented by the office of the Public Defender, through their counsel, Mr. Jonathan Ogunsanya, told the court that they had a motion on notice dated November 11, 2009, which the court eventually allowed, since there was no objection from the applicant.

She needs a better lawyer, at least a SAN against Keyamo  grin
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by mamagee3(f): 12:51am On Dec 09, 2009
Why are there so many divorce cases in Nigeria? undecided
Almost like a tradition, please I hope they aren't
adopting the ways of the White People
. tongue
Re: Keyamo’s Wife Requests N20m Compensation by Demdem(m): 12:06pm On Dec 14, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Keyamo’s wife requests N20m compensation

The divorce suit instituted by Lagos lawyer and human rights activist, Mr Festus Keyamo, against his wife took another dimension yesterday with the wife, Mrs Isioma Irene Keyamo, filing her response to her husband’s petition, demanding N20 million as alimony before the court.

The woman who had been on a running battle with her husband told the court in her paper that the money would serve as a compensation for the psychological trauma, financial losses, sense of disappointment and her failure at the Nigerian Law School as a result of the breach of contract of marriage between them.

She had earlier prayed the court for an extension of time to enable her file her reply to the petition filed by her husband asking for the dissolution of their marriage. She also urged the court to make an order deeming the already filed, served answer and cross petition as a properly filed process before the court.

Justice Elfreda Williams-Dawodu granted the order but asked counsel to both parties if there were no outstanding issues between the couple before a trial date is fixed as demanded by Gloria Oahajaguan, counsel to Festus Keyamo.

The Judge said all outstanding issues pending before the court between the parties must be resolved before the commencement of the substantive matter bordering on the dissolution of the marriage. She consequently ordered a compulsory conference among the parties to settle the issue of cost of maintenance among other such issues before the commencement of trial.

It could be recalled that Mrs Keyamo in her papers asking for an order mandating the petitioner (Keyamo) to be solely responsible for the educational, medical, feeding, clothing and all other expenses of the two children of their marriage, and an order mandating her husband to allow her pack her jewelries worth about N350, 000, kitchen utensils, clothes and all other personal effects from her matrimonial home.

Besides, she asked for an order granting her the custody of the two children of their marriage.

Festus Keyamo had early this year instituted a divorce suit at the High Court against his wife without demanding custody of their two children.

Justice Williams-Dawodu has adjourned the case till January 27, 2010 for report of the conference between the couple.

http://news.onlinenigeria.com/templates/?a=11143&z=12

I honestly dont like such arrangements. the court shouldnt grant both.

(1) (Reply)

..... / You Need This At Home. / Should I Divorce My Husband Because He Is Sick With A Terminal Illness?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.