Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,891 members, 7,828,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs (20340 Views)

Saraki Asks State Assemblies To Block Pension Of Ex Governors / Ijaws Blame Outsiders For Agitations To Cause Disturbance In Edo State / UTME Registration: Cyber Café Owners Want Senate To Investigate New JAMB Policy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by Fourwinds: 6:52pm On Feb 03, 2017
obailala:
Misplaced priority!

At the last check, Customs revenue has increased relatively despite the reduction in imports. The present comptroller appears to have blocked a lot of sharp practices and leakage of revenue in the Customs service. I'm curious to know where the senator saying this has gotten his info from. This clearly looks like the handwork of disgruntled senior Customs officers who have been prevented from siphoning billions as was always the practice in the past. They will fight against anyone blocking them from their usual feast, and as usual, a lot of Nigerians will simply just support anything which they remotely perceive is against buhari's decision.
I'm so surprise dat we have dummies here praising d senators...Nigerian senators are very greedy and they only think about themselves...this Ali has blocked many loopholes...

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by Yksoul(m): 6:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
GOD BLESS HAMEED ALI,HE HAS BLOCKED SHARP PRACTICES BY SENIOR CUSTOMS OFFICERS,BEFORE NO WE ALL KNOW NCS WAS SO CORRUPT TO THE BRIM AND PEOPLE SHIPPED IN GUNS,EXPLOSIVES INTO NIGERIA UNCHECKED WITH IMPUNITY BEING THE DEALINGS IN NCS

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by ogologoamu: 6:59pm On Feb 03, 2017
Fourwinds:
u are saying nice move....those senators are very selfish...it is because d man has block all corrupt practise is d service...dat committee use to be a juicy place

I disagree with you
Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mayflowa:

correct. But why is revenue dipping monthly?
My friend have you not heard of recession? Look around you, For example, How many car dealers' lots are full? If people are not importing how can you collect duty, abi you want to collect duty on the breeze that blew in from Benin Republic?

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by ogologoamu: 7:00pm On Feb 03, 2017
Ijaya123:

Is this a display of stupidity?
Is this a display of foolishness?
Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by smrtblg(m): 7:02pm On Feb 03, 2017
Have you seen an MLM that pays 200% in 48hrs? If you are on telegram, even if you are not on telegram,meow load it on your mobile phone. It's like whatsapp. send me a mail and I will forward it to you. It's superb and I don't think you guys will regret it.
Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by yedidiah(m): 7:04pm On Feb 03, 2017
Very good move: Not just customs but all paramilitary formations.
Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by freeze001(f): 7:05pm On Feb 03, 2017
courage89:
Very stupid policy. Using revenue generation as the only reason for their policy is very myopic and unintelligent. What about those other positive reasons for bringing outsiders?

Every positive thing can also be achieved with heads who have risen through the ranks. Why would people acquit themselves upto the point of becoming CG and then none gets it because some president has a candidate from outside the service? With an effective system, strict oversight and accountability the NCS can live up to exepctation, procedure is no sin!

1 Like

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by Nobody: 7:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
a civilian can never head the police force , why should a bloody civilian head the customs
Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by obiageIi(f): 7:12pm On Feb 03, 2017
This is bullshi.t, why are they after Ali? Of all the redundant agencies in the country, why are they fighting the one thats seems to be getting its acts right over trivialty.

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by 2sexynet: 7:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
Newbiee:
Their grudges with this guy is not about uniform, but for the man's hard stance against corruption, I believe the committee presumed to be once a juicy committee and the taste of every senator is now becoming detested because this man on corruption is harder than Baba himself. Ask who knows this guy, you will hear who is Hamed Ali. See who they are meeting with, if you forgot, Bello Haliru was the former CG of customs that went to court on wheel chair forming ill because of corruption charges against him.
Nigerians should please reason with Baba and give all the support he need to at least reduce this impunity.

You have point going by the fact that the senate NEVER passes anything that will NOT favour them.

6 Likes

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by abdulq001(m): 7:19pm On Feb 03, 2017
Newbiee:
Their grudges with this guy is not about uniform, but for the man's hard stance against corruption, I believe the committee presumed to be once a juicy committee and the taste of every senator is now becoming detested because this man on corruption is harder than Baba himself. Ask who knows this guy, you will hear who is Hamed Ali. See who they are meeting with, if you forgot, Bello Haliru was the former CG of customs that went to court on wheel chair forming ill because of corruption charges against him.
Nigerians should please reason with Baba and give all the support he need to at least reduce this impunity.

SECONDED.. Objective write up

6 Likes

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by clickwtB(m): 7:21pm On Feb 03, 2017
Newbiee:
VERY CORRECT MY G,CORRUPTION MUST BE TACKLED HEADSLONG.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by obiageIi(f): 7:23pm On Feb 03, 2017
We are talking national security, these bastar.ds are more concerned about revenue. I dont blame them, they have stolen enough to keep themselves safe but the bigger foo.ls that are first inline should anything go wrong are here clapping for them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by obiageIi(f): 7:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
highrise07:
a civilian can never head the police force , why should a bloody civilian head the customs
And the police is your defination of an ideal organisation?

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by Fourwinds: 7:29pm On Feb 03, 2017
ogologoamu:

I disagree with you
u are free to...I don't rely on sentiments

1 Like

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by Stooi76(m): 7:30pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mobsync:
A good move. How can a non-Customs officer head the Customs. It is an insult. Can a non-military officer head the Army? Even a non-combatant army officer cannot even head the army not to talk of a non-Army officer. We need to use our senses when making appointments and learn to respect the constitution.
He is a retired army officer(colonel)

1 Like

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by Laid2001: 7:30pm On Feb 03, 2017
NOW I love Ali Hamid!!

These senators never supports good thing. This their opposition to Hamid only confirms to good people of Nigeria that he is doing good.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by DaudaAbu(m): 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mayb they should think of making a law to stop ''outsider'' from heasing CBN too.

Me think that is more impprtant than the CGC.

Abi na them inport pump action?

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by Nobody: 7:36pm On Feb 03, 2017
obiageIi:
And the police is your defination of an ideal organisation?
"defination" Aunty why

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by blackbriar: 7:40pm On Feb 03, 2017
naija sha.......even the almighty CIA is headed by an outsider,why? CONTROL AND TRUST ISSUES

1 Like

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by Mobsync(m): 8:17pm On Feb 03, 2017
Stooi76:

He is a retired army officer(colonel)

It doesn't mean. He shouldn't have been there in the first place.

I visited an award ceremony organized by the Ships & ports communication company (which delivers news about our shipping industry) towards the end of last year and one of the issue they raised was that of this retired army colonel heading the customs and another about someone not in the system heading NIMASA.

These two organizations, most especially the Customs, are professional organizations that should be headed by people in the system.

From what I learnt, the colonel knows nothing about the customs and is only interested in revenue generation.
Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by Grundig: 8:22pm On Feb 03, 2017
what exactly is stopping these guys from passing a bill taking the police away from exclusive rights of presidency?

this proposed customs act is not really necessary. I doubt future presidents would pull this stunt. buhari is just a pugnacious, power hungry bully.
Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by vedaxcool(m): 9:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mobsync:

It doesn't mean. He shouldn't have been there in the first place.

I visited an award ceremony organized by the Ships & ports communication company (which delivers news about our shipping industry) towards the end of last year and one of the issue they raised was that of this retired army colonel heading the customs and another about someone not in the system heading NIMASA.

These two organizations, most especially the Customs, are professional organizations that should be headed by people in the system.

From what I learnt, the colonel knows nothing about the customs and is only interested in revenue generation.

Whenever you read some sort of senseless posts you conclude suffering in this country is well deserved else how would anybody with a functioning brain insist an organization that has fallen into extreme corruption insist people within such an organization be left to head it? Ex CG under corruption probe ex NIMASA boss convicted of corruption.

3 Likes

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by ThinkSmarter: 9:15pm On Feb 03, 2017
veeks11:
Who be the outsiders
like this current CG Hamil forming too big to put on paramilitary uniform bc he is a retired soldier.
Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by ossuofia1: 9:21pm On Feb 03, 2017
Brightology2:
trash is what you just spew and it's

Chai!

E pain your soul die!

grin

1 Like

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by bakila: 9:51pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mobsync:
A good move. How can a non-Customs officer head the Customs. It is an insult. Can a non-military officer head the Army? Even a non-combatant army officer cannot even head the army not to talk of a non-Army officer. We need to use our senses when making appointments and learn to respect the constitution.
Who is the Commander in Chief of The Armed Forces?

2 Likes

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by bakila: 9:57pm On Feb 03, 2017
The forces of good and bad struggling in a tug of war. One needs Billions from the organisations budget, the other most likely refuses to give million to an organ that is used to receiving billions to pass budgets.
The game is on.

1 Like

Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by Nobody: 9:57pm On Feb 03, 2017
Newbiee:

An element of truth but is there no honest man in the Nigerian customs? Can an outsider know the in and out of the customs service?
Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by matrixme(m): 10:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
Mobsync:
Re: Senate To Block ‘outsiders’ From Heading Customs by Mobsync(m): 11:01pm On Feb 03, 2017
vedaxcool:

Whenever you read some sort of senseless posts you conclude suffering in this country is well deserved else how would anybody with a functioning brain insist an organization that has fallen into extreme corruption insist people within such an organization be left to head it? Ex CG under corruption probe ex NIMASA boss convicted of corruption.

Irrespective of how corrupt the customs is, it can still provide non-corrupt officers to lead it. Is the Army not corrupt? Is the police not corrupt? Are the Air Force and Navy not corrupt? Is EFCC not corrupt? What of NNPC, the father of corruption? Are they led by outsiders?

We should always learn to follow th rule of the law. If the customs was a new organization and an outsider was brought to lead it, it would have been an entirely different story. But a functioning organization with decades of existence? Forget it.

The customs should be led by a customs officer and not an ex-Army officer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Melaye Thanks Buhari, Osinbajo, Saraki For N21 Billion Road Construction In Kogi / Why Were Saraki, Oyegun, Dogara Absent At Tinubu's Colloquium? / Group Demands Abike Dabiri's Sack Over Fraudulent Martin Luther King’s Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.