Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,863 members, 7,810,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

Feb 6th Protest: The Police Is Not Your Friend - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Feb 6th Protest: The Police Is Not Your Friend (613 Views)

Lagos Police Rescinds Ban Decision, To Provide Security For Feb 6th Protest / BBC, CNN And Aljazera To Cover February 6th Protest / Poll For 2face February 6th Protest: Are You For Or Against? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Feb 6th Protest: The Police Is Not Your Friend by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 03, 2017
It came as a rude shock to me reading that the Police command in Lagos state has vowed and is prepared to stop 2face Idibia from leading any protest in Lagos. Why?

Isn't it the right of the citizen in a civilized world to have a peaceful protest? Isn't it also the duty of the Police to be there ensuring there isn't any violence?

Unless you're of the opinion that Nigeria isn't civilized, this dosent make any sense at all.
Haven taken that stand, it will not come as a surprise if the Police is taking measures to tear gas and even arrest those who will defy the authorities and come out that day.

It happened against IPOB during Trump's inauguration rally and one cannot underestimate the ability of the Police to do so again.

Those coming out to protest that day must be aware that the Nigerian police isn't a friend to anybody.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feb 6th Protest: The Police Is Not Your Friend by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 03, 2017
And the military not a friend.
I love the arguments we have here so I need all of us to be here always
Stand with tubaba at home.
If you will go out don't be at the front.
Wear sneakers and shorts in case you need to jarrr
These people don belleful. Na beg I dey beg o.
The police and military will stand with the government. Don't go testing them.
Other elements of trouble will be there . to cause wahala.
Some people go dey find FP material. Be warned.
#cummando said so
Re: Feb 6th Protest: The Police Is Not Your Friend by Horus(m): 7:07pm On Feb 03, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5EvfHgIb8k

Peaceful protests and the role of the Police in Nigeria
Re: Feb 6th Protest: The Police Is Not Your Friend by fulaniHERDSman(m): 7:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
Fvck da police!
Beasts in Uniform

1 Like

Re: Feb 6th Protest: The Police Is Not Your Friend by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
cummando:
#cummando said so

It's a shame that Nigeria dosen't recognize the right of the citizen to a peaceful protest. Such a shame
Re: Feb 6th Protest: The Police Is Not Your Friend by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 03, 2017
Milonis:

It's a shame that Nigeria dosen't recognize the right of the citizen to a peaceful protest. Such a shame
Did you read all I wrote or did you type out if sentiment. This is a country where people are arrested at night. Exercise your right!!! I've said my own and I hope all nairaland has heard.

1 Like

Re: Feb 6th Protest: The Police Is Not Your Friend by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 03, 2017
cummando:
#cummando said so

Cowards like you are the reason the political class keeps riding on the masses.

Fvck the police and whoever the government chooses to unleash.

We shall protest,and when they start shooting at us we would revolt.
But l'm not running on that day.

''l'd rather be dead than be quiet''.

#iStandwith2baba.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Feb 6th Protest: The Police Is Not Your Friend by emeijeh(m): 7:41pm On Feb 03, 2017
#istandwith2baba

1 Like

Re: Feb 6th Protest: The Police Is Not Your Friend by Nobody: 9:46pm On Feb 03, 2017
ItsTheBachelor:

Cowards like you are the reason the political class keeps riding on the masses.

Fvck the police and whoever the government chooses to unleash.

We shall protest,and when they start shooting at us we would revolt.
But l'm not running on that day.

''l'd rather be dead than be quiet''.

#iStandwith2baba.
Free world. For your info I've faced horrors you see in the movies.
Have a safe march. This coward will be protecting you.
Seriously...be safe

(1) (Reply)

Prosecutor Dumps Justice Ngwuta’s N500m Fraud Suit / Unmasking The Bobrisky Phenomenon / Video Of Senate Questioning Okonjo Iweala And Yakubu About NNPC Foreign Accounts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.