Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Liberia: Charles Taylor Adopts George Weah. Threatens Return To Horrid Past - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Liberia: Charles Taylor Adopts George Weah. Threatens Return To Horrid Past (710 Views)

President Weah Withdraws Ndubuisi Nwabudike's Nomination For Liberia's NEC Boss / Meet Clar Weah, Liberia’s First Lady Who Hails Originally From Jamaica / George Weah Wins Liberia Presidential Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Liberia: Charles Taylor Adopts George Weah. Threatens Return To Horrid Past by gbollybakare: 9:22am On Feb 04, 2017
Charles Taylor ,the former President of Liberia gave a word of assurance to his supporters at his 69th birthday that he never abandoned them despite being in prison.

Taylor who was convicted on 11 charges including terrorism, rape, murder and the use of child soldiers by rebel groups in neighbouring Sierra Leone during the 1991-2002 civil war, in which some 50,000 people died.

The former president who is currently serving a 50-year sentence for war crimes in a British prison. An Act of Parliament was passed to allow for Taylor to serve his sentence in the UK, at the cost of the British government, following his conviction.

On the day of his 69th birthday which was on Saturday , Taylor sounded defiant as he rallied troops: “Whether you are a brother or sister, whether you are a friend or acquaintance, Charles Ghankay Taylor can never, ever turn his back on the NPP. The NPP group grew out of the NPFL; that’s my life, this revolution is my life; it will always be my life.”

The NPP recently entered into a coalition with Senator George Weah’s Congress for Democratic Change, which officially became the Coalition for Democratic Change (CDC).

Senator Weah recently handpicked Jewel Howard Taylor (NPP, Bong), the former first lady as his running mate, sealing the coalition ticket that will contest the 2017 presidential elections.

His merger with the former president and picking the former first lady, has shown clearly that Senator Judge Weah is ready to return Liberia to the Taylor's style of government.

What Liberia needs is progressive minded people that will take the country to a greater height from where it is now than people adopting the old and unfavorable pattern of government that makes many suffered.

Re: Liberia: Charles Taylor Adopts George Weah. Threatens Return To Horrid Past by panafrican(m): 3:48pm On Feb 04, 2017
No matter what the changes are in Liberia Prince Johnson will be brought to judtice for the killing of Samuel Kanyon Doe, Chairman of the People Redemption Council , keep that in mind.
Re: Liberia: Charles Taylor Adopts George Weah. Threatens Return To Horrid Past by SalamRushdie: 5:08pm On Feb 04, 2017
panafrican:
No matter what the changes are in Liberia Prince Johnson will be brought to judtice for the killing of Samuel Kanyon Doe, Chairman of the People Redemption Council , keep that in mind.

I thought prince Johnson is dead

(1) (Reply)

My Reactions On Donald Trump Air Strike In Syria / US President Donald Trump Is An Extreme Enemy Of Islam And Muslims / Trouble In Paradise! Is Melania Trump About To Divorce Donald Trump?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.