Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,836 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? (71400 Views)

Baby Boom Expected In Lagos In Next 7 Months Says Gynaecologists / Gynaecologists' Attention Needed. Can Celibacy Cause Child Birth Complications. / Can Celibacy Cause Child Birth Complications? Gynaecologists' Attention Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by Jammiiee(m): 7:46am On Feb 18, 2017
Tnx
tete7000:

Yes, there will always be in every human endeavour, one or two black sheep. One or two who allowed devil take hold of their minds but the question is: 'what percentage of whole practitioners do that?'. Of course they are in minority. It is not a story you hear everyday you will agree with me.

1 Like

Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by Reference(m): 7:48am On Feb 18, 2017
durasome:
Op though human differ,but I want to tell you that a lot of them are professionals who are so used to the female anatomy that they are not easily aroused by such sights.come to think of it, most times it is only females with illnesses that has to do with those areas that do need to be checked. What will attract a doctor in a woman that has vaginal bleedings,tumor.offensive odour and what have you. It is only the deased that seek their services.

Well, not every case is extreme as you explain. I'm sure the vast majority of cases they see relate to the big issue of pregnancy or the lack of it which ends up requiring an inspection of the 'equipment' and in the husband's mind hopefully no test firing, after all how can you be dead certain it isn't the husband's gun that contains blank bullets. grin
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by Kingsley1000(m): 7:53am On Feb 18, 2017
sincerely i can't be a gynacologist especially in africa....
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by Jammiiee(m): 7:54am On Feb 18, 2017
Pls how can one quote someone else from another thread to make it appear here, I see people do dt but dn't know how. I av a lady who posted her bad experience with a male gyn
Princedapace:

Well, I think women should take up the profession too.. What the OP is saying is that our body system doesn't work differently because of profession..

Yes, they are professionals.. But is risky because there av been reports of growing sexual misconduct by these professionals.. You can browse it online..

Women are more responsible to their callings than men.. I av some ladies who shared their experiences of how they were mishandled by these men at some points..

As for me, I will not allow my wife to be treated by a male but female professionals.. They are there, will locate one or two.. Is not hard..

He is not talking about relationship.. He is talking about seldom misbehavior..
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 18, 2017
Dfinex:

that's because u don't have any further answer .....and stop sounding like ob/gyns are super humans who don't have feelings/blood flowing through their veins such that they can't be aroused. ...let me help u.

apart from the fact that business/work ethics demand professionalism while with a patient, seeing women's unclothedness gradually becomes boring to them cos they have seen one too many (that is to say the probability of them getting excited about treating the females may have been there in the early days of their career).....

as time goes on all they become interested in is treating the patient and making their money......that been said need I reiterate that there are some selected few who still acts perverted even with all the professionalism and years of work experience.....

Exactly. This is the main point. Those thoughts may have been there at the outset of thrir profession for it'd surely gradually disappear with time.
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by obontami: 7:56am On Feb 18, 2017
UltraLeslie:
grin grin grin you're not even happy I have deliberately gone soft on you since you announced were married!

Maybe you're just too slow to notice. And what's the complaint about my mentions? You keep quoting back and complaining you don't like it.

More like a girl saying no to sex but still have her legs spreadout waiting for the dick to divide her pussy lips!
hahaha!!! grin

1 Like

Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by abdddone(m): 7:57am On Feb 18, 2017
There are female gyn/obs as well and that has been my option.
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by Laredojohn(m): 8:02am On Feb 18, 2017
It's part of what they are trained for, they see all women as the same...they see them as clinical samples,most girls saying they can't endure a male gyna, at the point of delivery who cares who is there in t labor room,it's like saying same for a guy who has boil on his genitals and visits a Dr and it happens to be be female Dr, will he resist or if he needs to be operated on close to his genitals will he resist,Dr's in general are trained to see all type of things, only a few perverts among them get sexually emotional with patients
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by Reference(m): 8:04am On Feb 18, 2017
dokyOloye:
Boobs examinations are mostly done in surgical clinics or other busy clinics where there are probably other doctors,nurses,etc in d same room and the only thing separating U and them is just that thin hospital screen.
Assuming U are a sicko and d devil hijacks U to misbehave, what if the woman then screams or shouts?
Is ur own not finished as per d profession?
There is just no way,and too many checks n balances,cos U are even supposed to have a chaperone of d same gender wt d patient if U are of d opposite gender during even abdominal examination, talk more of breast or vagina.
U are supposed to call even if it's a cleaner or even another patient of d same gender,though b/cos of d busy nature of our clinics here and cos Ur mind is free,most ppl don't bother wasting that time.

I think your theatre describes a public establishment where typically the facilities are vast, staff and patients aplenty and authority detached. I will say to you here and now. In Nigeria private health facilities outnumber public ones by a magnitude of 10 or more, where space is often at a premium such that examinations and the likes are conducted in closets (and will the door be left open to the public....highly unlikely) staff to do these checks are at a premium and where authority is likely to be in the hands of the senior partner or medical director who does the examinations, so who will report who internally. The best you can hope for in this case is a disciplined, ethical professional individual, whistle blowing staff or a patient's response (as was the case of the Nigerian doctor in Canada) or the wife of the doctor going public as I have heard in a couple of cases over the years.
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by BobbyDean(m): 8:08am On Feb 18, 2017
Babzilla:
This is a really stùpid thread
First when a woman goes to see a gynaecologist she goes because she is sick
Its not like she is on a date
At that point she is seeking a solution to a problem
As for the doctor he is rendering a service tue way a barber or a mechanic does.
. You just nailed it! Having seen so many gynaecologist consult & examine their patient & also from my own patient contact, one of the last things on your mind is deriving sexual pleasure from doing your job. Like it's totally off your mind(atleast for a right minded doctor)! Moreso, the ethical thing to do while examining a female patient is to have a Chaperone; a third party, usually a nurse or another doctor preferably female.
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by Nobody: 8:09am On Feb 18, 2017
Jammiiee:
It isn't abt what's there, how did u feel!n did u do that in the presence of a male eyes, and how did u feel letting ur melons out to the sight of some male professionals? I know it's inevitable but how dd u feel
Like I said, I was kinda shy.
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by Jammiiee(m): 8:13am On Feb 18, 2017
Aii. If that's u, u look like Tiwa Savage Her sis?
ToriBlue:
Like I said, I was kinda shy.
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by AreaFada2: 8:14am On Feb 18, 2017
frank950:

oga leave lawyers out of this o

Hahahahahahaha.
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by Dexema(m): 8:23am On Feb 18, 2017
Cmanforall:

When you reach the age, you will understand and regret this post. But for now, a paediatrician can handle your case.
Jexus!!! This is wicked, you need to be sued for violation of human rights.
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by omemero(m): 8:26am On Feb 18, 2017
A GYNECOLOGIST ASKED MY WIFE FOR SEX AFTER CONDUCTING TEST ON HER. HE WAS EVEN CALLING HER ON PHONE HOPING SHE WILL COME BACK. HMMMMM SOME OF THEM ARE WORST THAN YOU COULD IMAGING

Dfinex:
lol @topic. I used to feel same way before. ..those guys don't see u as a man/woman., they only see u as a human anatomy. ...lolsss

but truth is those guys don't have ur time....like going by the number of women they meet how many will they now have relationships with .....of all professions medical doctors are the less promiscuous (I stand to be corrected though )......cos the few I have made friends with always act like they are not even seeing u

except ofcourse for the highly perverted few.....
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by dokyOloye: 8:27am On Feb 18, 2017
tete7000:
Every profession ought to be a calling, a kind of vocation. Those who are called into it have sufficient grace to overcome temptation. Of course except you are not called or you allowed yourself used by the devil.

By the way you need to ask how nurses too cope when dealing with unclad male patients. I have had to strip and have my public area shaved by a female nurse before with another performed enema on me in preparation for a surgery. How did I feel as a patient? Nothing, not when pain was almost killing me would I care who shaved or who poured water into my anus to prepare it..
Funny enough, I later became very close with one of the nurses. We remain friends till today and what happened then was not something either of us ever talked about.
I remember while on admission then a guy was brought in with his thing on permanent and perpetual attention with nurses and student nurses on duty feeding their eyes with film of the agony the poor guy was going through. Were they thinking anything immoral? I wouldnt know but it was a sight all were struggling to have a glimpse of.
Cc: jammiiee
They were all struggling to see cos that's a case of priapism,common in sicklers.
Such cases are rare,U might never see one in d whole of Ur career,so when such cases present,everybody,esp those who have never seen struggle to see.
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by Kennyodinye(m): 8:29am On Feb 18, 2017
GloriaNino:
Wtf? I won't even book an appointment with one for counselling talk less of going to him for medications

Modified: you guys should please stop quoting me, I only said my own opinion on the way I feel it gonna be for me..
Then you will probably die
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by Jammiiee(m): 8:43am On Feb 18, 2017
Ohh I see, tnx for the analysis so far, I understand better now.
dokyOloye:
They were all struggling to see cos that's a case of priapism,common in sicklers.
Such cases,U might never see one in d whole of Ur career,so when such cases present,everybody,esp those who have never seen struggle to see.
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by blackboy(m): 8:45am On Feb 18, 2017
It takes discipline and they are trained to do their job for the good of their patient and that gets them paid.Yes, they are human , we all are human in every area of life we encounter situations that we have to make a decision and thoughts run in our mind from what we see, it might be wrong but its all about discipline and self control even if you have an evil thought to do evil the choice is yours to do it or not to do it.In the line of official work we all know its always best to act professional.
Some say the gynecologist are professionals they just do their job nothing to it but we should remember they are humans. It takes 2 to tango. Some patients encourage evil while some you know you don't even go there. Just like lecturers too . Not all female students do male lecturers sleep with or sexually harass. Would you say you wont send your wife or daughters to a school where there are male lecturers?
We can say judges are professionals or policemen are professionals but we should remember they are all human. Life is about decisions taken some professional some unprofessional which could have a huge repercussion. The Op has some point , the male gynecologist are human but they are professionals and though humans its their duty to do their job and not let their lust take better judgement of them. When pushing comes to shoving even if its a male doctor you will take what is available.
Just as there are cases of Judges, police who act unprofessional so also in cases of gynecologist but don't mean to rule them all out.
I'm a married man and I have been at the delivery room at the birth of my children. The second a male doctor handled the delivery to the cleaning of her vagina (where the baby came from) and stitching. He was doing his job whether he had thought or not that's in his mind but so long as he did nothing unprofessional and he did his job and we were all happy.
In the hospital in Abuja where my first child was born there are 3 gynecologist - 2 females and a male. This is Abuja. I always went with my wife for the regular gynecologist appointment during pregnancy. To my amazement most of the pregnant women usually preferred the male gynecologist. There was a case when the male gynecologist was not available and the patient said she will wait till the male gynecologist comes back.
He seemed very popular and once when my wife went to see him she commented he was professional.
When I hear of men assaulting male doctors because they say they touched their wife in an unislamic its sad. But its important for doctors to show the patient and those around he is professional. In most cases a female nurse is usually called in by the male gynecologist/doctor when he want to check sensitive areas of the female patient.
What is important is that a female patient who is being sexually touched by a doctor would know and there are the appropriate channels to seek justice.
No male doctor will really like to ruin their career over a patient when in real life I'm sure they can get any they want. Having a smear to their name because of an unprofessional act can cost them their fantastic career for life. They most likely will never get a job anywhere .
I believe male gynecologist are as professional in handling a female patient as any female gynecologist would. Not saying they are all saint or not human.
They are trained and they will get the job done. What runs through their mind na them sabi so long as they do their job professionally.
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by mvem(m): 8:45am On Feb 18, 2017
Princedapace:

Baba.. I will find and book before any problem comes.. As people have special lawyers before any case as comes, that is what I will be doing..

As for lesbianism I don't av problem with that.. Another man can not be touching my wife any how..

Let me ask u a question, imagine I'm ur best friend and before u married ur wife, u used to tell me about her a lot... And becus I am a male gyn, will u allow me spread ur wife's legs and examine it and search her boobs for treatment because I'm a professional? Will u stand with me face to face in my office or at any other gathering and we talk about other things? How comfortable will u be knowing fully well I play with the place u use for eating smiley

A man's pride is her woman's private parts.. Just that the world has gone gaga, these things arent meant to be..

Once again, women should take up more of these professions..
...simply the man should not examine the wife and ur illustration is not a hard one to answer...what of nurses that put and change catheta(those stuff that aids urination) it happens everywhere and most nurses are female or a female doctor/nurse examining u or giving u injection on ur bum.....so u think during female procedures or complications only one female gyn can handle her, there might be series of doctors and nurses who can be both male and female....just be realistic, hv u thought of operations or will u find only female surgeons too.....when a male is examining a female i think a third party(usually female) is required to be present...
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by mvem(m): 8:48am On Feb 18, 2017
blackboy:
It takes discipline and they are trained to do their job for the good of their patient and that gets them paid.Yes, they are human , we all are human in every area of life we encounter situations that we have to make a decision and thoughts run in our mind from what we see, it might be wrong but its all about discipline and self control even if you have an evil thought to do evil the choice is yours to do it or not to do it.In the line of official work we all know its always best to act professional.
Some say the gynecologist are professionals they just do their job nothing to it but we should remember they are humans. It takes 2 to tango. Some patients encourage evil while some you know you don't even go there. Just like lecturers too . Not all female students do male lecturers sleep with or sexually harass. Would you say you wont send your wife or daughters to a school where there are male lecturers?
We can say judges are professionals or policemen are professionals but we should remember they are all human. Life is about decisions taken some professional some unprofessional which could have a huge repercussion. The Op has some point , the male gynecologist are human but they are professionals and though humans its their duty to do their job and not let their lust take better judgement of them. When pushing comes to shoving even if its a male doctor you will take what is available.
Just as there are cases of Judges, police who act unprofessional so also in cases of gynecologist but don't mean to rule them all out.
I'm a married man and I have been at the delivery room at the birth of my children. The second a male doctor handled the delivery to the cleaning of her vagina (where the baby came from) and stitching. He was doing his job whether he had thought or not that's in his mind but so long as he did nothing unprofessional and he did his job and we were all happy.
In the hospital in Abuja where my first child was born there are 3 gynecologist - 2 females and a male. This is Abuja. I always went with my wife for the regular gynecologist appointment during pregnancy. To my amazement most of the pregnant women usually preferred the male gynecologist. There was a case when the male gynecologist was not available and the patient said she will wait till the male gynecologist comes back.
He seemed very popular and once when my wife went to see him she commented he was professional.
When I hear of men assaulting male doctors because they say they touched their wife in an unislamic its sad. But its important for doctors to show the patient and those around he is professional. In most cases a female nurse is usually called in by the male gynecologist/doctor when he want to check sensitive areas of the female patient.
What is important is that a female patient who is being sexually touched by a doctor would know and there are the appropriate channels to seek justice.
No male doctor will really like to ruin their career over a patient when in real life I'm sure they can get any they want. Having a smear to their name because of an unprofessional act can cost them their fantastic career for life. They most likely will never get a job anywhere .
I believe male gynecologist are as professional in handling a female patient as any female gynecologist would. Not saying they are all saint or not human.
They are trained and they will get the job done. What runs through their mind na them sabi so long as they do their job professionally.

Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by doyinbaby(f): 8:49am On Feb 18, 2017
In Nigeria more than 90% of O&G men so women be objective when being attended to by O&G rather than being unnecessarily suspicious,,O&G is strainous very few female doctor specialize in O&G. ,,...if you need help medically you better let a man treat you rather let your case get complicated in the name of looking for a female O&G that may be non existent
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by Dunsin89(m): 8:52am On Feb 18, 2017
I am a male gynaecologist myself and my Christian trained conscience wouldn't allow me to sexually molest my patients even though some patients can be quite seductive and luring.

3 Likes

Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by mvem(m): 8:54am On Feb 18, 2017
doyinbaby:
In Nigeria more than 90% of O&G men so women be objective when being attended to by O&G rather than being unnecessarily suspicious,,O&G is strainous very few female doctor specialize in O&G. ,,...if you need help medically you better let a man treat you rather let your case get complicated in the name of looking for a female O&G that may be non existent
....thats what am saying the O/G are male dominated some guyz says they will look for a female O/G....so if there wives are desperate for care or treatment na so dey go dey look for female O/G....female mostly tend to go towards pediatrics not O/G....
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by buffalowings: 8:54am On Feb 18, 2017
Dfinex:
lol @topic. I used to feel same way before. ..those guys don't see u as a man/woman., they only see u as a human anatomy. ...lolsss

but truth is those guys don't have ur time....like going by the number of women they meet how many will they now have relationships with .........cos the few I have made friends with always act like they are not even seeing u

except ofcourse for the highly perverted few.....

Fixed that for you
Highly promiscuous cool
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by mvem(m): 8:54am On Feb 18, 2017
doyinbaby:
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by SycophanticGoat: 8:56am On Feb 18, 2017
Jammiiee:
That was a mixed grill of sarcasm and expletives...

Typed the obvious truth bro. I used to be damn shy where my siblings are, like they never see me naked but one very day when I had severe abdominal pains due to ulcer, no be person tell me to open my full nyansh for my elder brother to put injection. The thing is, when one is sick, there are many things one'd have to overlook at that moment and hope to firstly battle the illness..
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by bigzykizzy: 9:02am On Feb 18, 2017
whether u avoid a male doctor or not, the fact remains he know ur anatomy and physiology in his brain which is not different from real life examinations. he know every part of ur body more Dan u.
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 18, 2017
lepasharon:
You Nigerians act so morally upright and prudish but the statistics on Nigeria speak for itself.

See some women here saying they can't let a male gynecologist see them but over 10 guys have seen you naked b4. Just know the gynecologist doesn't find ur vagina attractive especially when there are health problem causing it to ooze and smell, no one wants to
see that, so stop acting so prestige

I was about to give a thoughtful reply to this post but after I clicked on your moniker and saw your DP, I was like "No wonder!"
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by Dfinex(f): 9:05am On Feb 18, 2017
buffalowings:

Fixed that for you Highly promiscuous cool
ok....thank u
Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by Jammiiee(m): 9:08am On Feb 18, 2017
grin cheesy grin alternate laffs
Mcowubaba:

Oh lawd .....

Mehn see Metaphor shocked shocked angry embarassed lipsrsealed shocked sad angry

Nairalanders are Evil grin

On topic, I have examined female patients before (not the sexual organs though), this was back in school, I won't lie, I initially felt something going on in my pants... But I controlled my brain and mind, and focused on the examination and study.
This was some years ago, when I was still a bit Naive about sex and females, but now a Vulva, Vagina during physical examination is just like every other body part...

Anyways, I'm not a Gynecologist or obstetrician, but somehow Vaginas always finds itself on my work table

1 Like

Re: How Do Females Cope With Male Gynaecologists? by Nobody: 9:11am On Feb 18, 2017
dokyOloye:

Who do U think has time to be admiring a diseased vagina that is probably discharging blood or pus or smelly fluid?
With Ur apparent education, U still wrote this?
Ooo,Africa,my Africa.

Why are you so passionate about this topic? Males shouldn't be viewing the vagina of females that are not their wives, Western culture has corrupted this world. What is wrong is wrong. Stay away from viewing a woman's V. G regardless of whether it has pus or not.

Western culture is useless.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Yellow Sperm Vs White Sperm / Indian Man Dies After Using Glue To Seal His Penis Shut In Drug-Fuelled Romp / Baby Falls From Abuja Hospital’s Top Floor, Dies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.