Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,581 members, 7,812,900 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:45 PM

PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo (21507 Views)

GMD Nnpc Led Task Force To Ambush Black Market Spot In Abuja / Civilian Joint Task Force Jubilate After A 3-Day Operation In Borno / Lagos Task Force Burns Homes Of Otodo Gbame Residents, Chase Them Into Lagoon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
nawnsense undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 10:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
ybalogs:
Good concept. Its about time the government stepped in and end this crime to humanity perpetrated by market people . a big score for this administration if well managed. well done..
Before you blame market people; try moving any material or product accross state boundaries. The Police, Local Government, touts, youths and all manners of people descend on and extort from the hapless farmer or trader.
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by elmisti(m): 10:41pm On Feb 04, 2017
Qmerit:

It is not a waste of time oh.
Roads re been fixed all over the 6 geo-political zone. Fuel price won't go down except the international market crude price raise above $100.

And one foolish governor cum minister made us believe it takes price of crude to reduce before PMS price go down....... All knowledgeable peeps who misguided us in 2015 eh..... Lemme not swear.... ND to think d den government cut d price by 10 naira makes me feel like holding Gej shoes ND weep for him to forgive.....

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by elmisti(m): 10:41pm On Feb 04, 2017
kITATITA:

Before you blame market people; try moving any material or product accross state boundaries. The Police, Local Government, touts, youths and all manners of people descend on and extort from the hapless farmer or trader.

Spot on
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by tydi(m): 10:46pm On Feb 04, 2017
link2ok:

Zombie
"YOU CANNOT PUT A CROWN ON A CLOWN AND EXPECT A KING."
Rather what you will see will still be a CLOWN!
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by ybalogs(m): 10:58pm On Feb 04, 2017
kITATITA:

You're quite right but what can we do.The hike is killing.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by eikenberry(m): 11:06pm On Feb 04, 2017
Another committee to chop money...meanwhile if na some countries overseas wey this recession hit,many for don commit suicide...big UPS to my naija jor,dey always have a way to push on,and hope for the best...God dey!
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 04, 2017
ybalogs:
Good concept. Its about time the government stepped in and end this crime to humanity perpetrated by market people. a big score for this administration if well managed. well done..
How sure are you that theu are not discussing how to further increase the cost of food and compound our misery
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by tiwiex(m): 11:13pm On Feb 04, 2017
Qmerit:

Roads re been fixed all over the 6 geo-political zone. Fuel price won't go down except the international market crude price raise above $100.

Why should fuel price be high when crude oil price is low? It's the exchange rate na. But if they had known the effect of d high rate, they wouldn't have been cavalier like this on managing Forex. Now we have a big mess. Fuel price is ridiculously low in America now. I guess u know why.
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by Abbeyme: 11:20pm On Feb 04, 2017
dplordx:
Make these buffoons open the border now. You cant shut the border, spike the dollar rate, gag the economy, scare away investors and depress the banks without creating a revolution. Plus no subsidies on fuel, kerosene and fertilizer and taxes have been increased. People pay 10 times the normal amount for two to three hours of daily electricity, and manufacturing is now like suicide. I don't even know how these big companies are surviving. It seems the only business that are managing are the service sector.
I mean, can you imagine how insane this government is. Stamp duty was also introduced. You are starving a dying economy of funds. The american financial melt down of 2007/2008 gulped over ten trillion USD. Soft loans were given to the big companies, and small companies for 1% interest. Starting from George Bush Jr to Obama, loans were given at 1% interest, and many folding businesses were bailed out. Even Donald Trump declared Bankruptcy and Obama Gov bailed him out. But look at these mad men ruling Nigeria, instead, they are attacking and even making life unbearable. You are killing your people and over taxing them and now worrying over increasing price of food. Can you imagine how costly it is to now buy a bus, to put diesel in it, and to maintain it, and that same bus will now go to the farm, and pack produce, look at the multiplier effects? Who are these idi0ts for chrissake!!!! And what will Osibanjo and his flat feet visionless do? Start arresting the pepper, and palm oil-sellers. LOL. Open the border, reduce your vampire-like taxes, increase the minimum wage, mandate the banks to give loans for one digit interest rate, return subsidy on agriculture equipment and implements, give zero digit loans to both big and small farmers, give manufacturers a tax holiday, and tell that Shylock called Babatunde Fowler, Nigeria isn't Lagos, he should chill. We don't need him shutting down struggling businesses. Buhari and Osibanjo are acting like retards who can't even define economics. These cretins should get an Senior Secondary School 1 to SS 3 Economics text book.
Oh my God, I need to pray my visa application renewed. I'm out of this shythole with its feaces brained leadership. The Fulanis and Hausas are a plague to this nation.

Your essay started well.. with facts and figures. Then the facts were not believable where there are no figures.

One thing I learnt in this post i this: In every argument, Facts always aid figures..
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by morisnewrain(m): 11:23pm On Feb 04, 2017
EastGold:
Waste of time

Fix the road

Bring down the price fuel
are u out of sense? Are talking about road here? See his mouth "FIX THE RIAD" BRING DOWN THE PRICE OF FUEL. Is there correlation with what the are discussing?
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by Zetra(m): 11:26pm On Feb 04, 2017
dplordx:
Make these buffoons open the border now. You cant shut the border, spike the dollar rate, gag the economy, scare away investors and depress the banks without creating a revolution. Plus no subsidies on fuel, kerosene and fertilizer and taxes have been increased. People pay 10 times the normal amount for two to three hours of daily electricity, and manufacturing is now like suicide. I don't even know how these big companies are surviving. It seems the only business that are managing are the service sector.
I mean, can you imagine how insane this government is. Stamp duty was also introduced. You are starving a dying economy of funds. The american financial melt down of 2007/2008 gulped over ten trillion USD. Soft loans were given to the big companies, and small companies for 1% interest. Starting from George Bush Jr to Obama, loans were given at 1% interest, and many folding businesses were bailed out. Even Donald Trump declared Bankruptcy and Obama Gov bailed him out. But look at these mad men ruling Nigeria, instead, they are attacking and even making life unbearable. You are killing your people and over taxing them and now worrying over increasing price of food. Can you imagine how costly it is to now buy a bus, to put diesel in it, and to maintain it, and that same bus will now go to the farm, and pack produce, look at the multiplier effects? Who are these idi0ts for chrissake!!!! And what will Osibanjo and his flat feet visionless do? Start arresting the pepper, and palm oil-sellers. LOL. Open the border, reduce your vampire-like taxes, increase the minimum wage, mandate the banks to give loans for one digit interest rate, return subsidy on agriculture equipment and implements, give zero digit loans to both big and small farmers, give manufacturers a tax holiday, and tell that Shylock called Babatunde Fowler, Nigeria isn't Lagos, he should chill. We don't need him shutting down struggling businesses. Buhari and Osibanjo are acting like retards who can't even define economics. These cretins should get an Senior Secondary School 1 to SS 3 Economics text book.
Oh my God, I need to pray my visa application renewed. I'm out of this shythole with its feaces brained leadership. The Fulanis and Hausas are a plague to this nation.

1000likes.
This present government act dumb, something that even SSS students see the effect of bad policy on cost of things and how to resolve it. for the bold I am beginning to thing of it too, my in-law was comfortable financially left 3years ago to S.A. his wife just went there last year for masters with the kids, he said he will never come back again. he said he will always prefer there than Nigeria

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by morisnewrain(m): 11:28pm On Feb 04, 2017
frisky2good:

President or vice president?
He's in acting capacity. So that's mimic way of addressing
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 11:29pm On Feb 04, 2017
You lack basic knowledge of how things work.

You jumped to write rubbish at me without recourse to basic economics.

Well, if you are not formerly mad, you are presently a mad man

morisnewrain:
are u out of sense? Are talking about road here? See his mouth "FIX THE RIAD" BRING DOWN THE PRICE OF FUEL. Is there correlation with what the are discussing?
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by Thisis2raw(m): 11:29pm On Feb 04, 2017
link2ok:

Zombie

"YOU CANNOT PUT A CROWN ON A CLOWN
AND EXPECT A KING."

no mind her.

Anyways i see am say u don like my quote

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by morisnewrain(m): 11:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
nothernstar:
That's a lame and dumb way of controlling prices. It's a shame that our leader can't foster economic ideas to control price. Very lame and dumb.
you don't live in the rural or semi-rural area you will know that the rate these market people inflate foods is abnormal.
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by maina55: 11:42pm On Feb 04, 2017
ybalogs:
Good concept. Its about time the government stepped in and end this crime to humanity perpetrated by market people. a big score for this administration if well managed. well done..
my dear,,,they don't need to set up a committee,,, this is a common sense issue,,,, Elementary economics... What they need to do is to fight crime in the area where people produce more food,,, especially the north,,, when food production increases,, the price will come down,,,, law of demand and supply.
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by lagdmark(m): 11:49pm On Feb 04, 2017
frisky2good:

President or vice president?
You never hear, small small we go forget bubu for UK.
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by Awoo88: 12:09am On Feb 05, 2017
This guy olodoism go worse pass bubu's own
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by gbagyiza: 1:09am On Feb 05, 2017
[quote author=plainol post=53421891]The way poor people are surviving still amaze me, in other countries, this government would have been brought down.

Conclusion : We don't know our right.

An object will continue in it state of rest, until a force act on it..Nigerians r ok with d suffering n smiling sindrome...its a pity.I saw a topic here in nairaland , that 2face has call off d nation wide protest, i couldnot read it because am tired of nigerians lifestyle of deceit...
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by Adminisher: 3:32am On Feb 05, 2017
dplordx:

You are a smuggler obviously. I am amazed the way criminals are hijacking social media to press their case under all the noise and criticism of Government

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 5:25am On Feb 05, 2017
ShobayoEmma:
The fear of feb 6. In a country where injustice becomes a law; resistance becomes a duty . . . .Anonymous.
Which Feb 6th

Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by nemynely(m): 5:44am On Feb 05, 2017
NaijaEfcc:
Bunch of idiots!! Any zombie that quote's me will die!!!! angry
My brother, ur language is indecent for this forum. It's reserved for beer parlour banter. Go check up d meaning of idiot & u will get my drift.
Back to d subject matter, my disappointment with dis govt dates back to d day saraki emerged as senate president, with a member of d opposition as deputy! in a majorly APC group! Then ministers took forever to b appointed. Look through d roll call of ministers & point out who is delivering. Is it d sports minister (his flaws are well known-after d spended gaffe, English teachers made sure to correct such murder on d language by teaching d correct version all through dat week), agriculture-who wants to import grass, labour-who asks companies not to retrench staff, yet is unable to get them tax waivers & official rate forex access in return, talk more of making jobs available himself, works,power...remember him? D naija version of trinity, sorry, superman - just want to ask a simple question- how is light in ur area?, health- he does not see anything wrong with his principal seeking medical attention outside his domain, cares nothing about d incessant strikes by medical personnel, finance- full of grammer, bereft of pragmatic solution!, solid minerals- yet can't get his principal to grant autonomy to d states dat hav minerals, provided federal get their due share! I can go on & on
I started off with lambasting ministers cos dey comprise 70% of dis committee to bring down food prices. Bottom line is : they failed before now, & predictably, they will fail. Tell me, if each minister had been performing, we wouldn't have gotten here in the first place!

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by frisky2good(m): 6:46am On Feb 05, 2017
morisnewrain:
He's in acting capacity. So that's mimic way of addressing

You cannot address someone that has not been duly sworn in as president of Nigeria. It is treason.
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by yaki84: 6:49am On Feb 05, 2017
Qmerit:

r u fvckin serious
Crude price to go up so price of fuel in naija will crash...............
U need a total brain drycleaning ASAP!
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by yaki84: 6:56am On Feb 05, 2017
3factors affects food insecurity in nigeria today;
1- availability of land
2-money
3- Fulani herdsmen!

In advance countries like US, UK its the elites n rich men that invest in agriculture cos it is capital intensive. They hv monies n facilities to get all the loans they need but here in nigeria govt is preaching n pressuring a common man who dont hv access to land n funds to go into commercial agriculture. So pathetic!
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by giddykay: 7:00am On Feb 05, 2017
dplordx:
such a brilliant writeup..but would have been more credible if u hadn't mention d two tribes at d concluding part..may God help us and let our leaders understand the true operandi of governing our nation
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by Izonpikin: 7:01am On Feb 05, 2017
dplordx:
you said it all..

Government of cretins..killing and economy in recession..
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by AstuteJay: 8:49am On Feb 05, 2017
Dear Ag. President, aside the food price committee, the following are things you can do to JumpStart the economy.

1. Reduce the price of fuel
2. Give Bailout to banks, airlines and our manufacturing industries
3. Let us have a floating forex regime
4. Listen to the agitation of the Niger Delta militants. Renew their pipeline security contracts, have a deal with Tompolo so he can become a free man.
5. Free Kanu and colleagues and have a deal with them.
6. Embark on international road shows to attract foreign investors and offer some years tax holiday as incentive.
7. Shun media conviction of the alleged corrupt people. Let's the anti corruption campaign continue without noise and discrimination.
8. Reshuffle your cabinet and bring in technocrats to save our ailing economy.
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by j1mmy: 11:39am On Feb 05, 2017
plainol:
The way poor people are surviving still amaze me, in other countries, this government would have been brought down.

You know your rights, you're too weak and stu pid to exercise them.
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by NaijaEfcc: 1:58pm On Feb 05, 2017
nemynely:

My brother, ur language is indecent for this forum. It's reserved for beer parlour banter. Go check up d meaning of idiot & u will get my drift.
Back to d subject matter, my disappointment with dis govt dates back to d day saraki emerged as senate president, with a member of d opposition as deputy! in a majorly APC group! Then ministers took forever to b appointed. Look through d roll call of ministers & point out who is delivering. Is it d sports minister (his flaws are well known-after d spended gaffe, English teachers made sure to correct such murder on d language by teaching d correct version all through dat week), agriculture-who wants to import grass, labour-who asks companies not to retrench staff, yet is unable to get them tax waivers & official rate forex access in return, talk more of making jobs available himself, works,power...remember him? D naija version of trinity, sorry, superman - just want to ask a simple question- how is light in ur area?, health- he does not see anything wrong with his principal seeking medical attention outside his domain, cares nothing about d incessant strikes by medical personnel, finance- full of grammer, bereft of pragmatic solution!, solid minerals- yet can't get his principal to grant autonomy to d states dat hav minerals, provided federal get their due share! I can go on & on
I started off with lambasting ministers cos dey comprise 70% of dis committee to bring down food prices. Bottom line is : they failed before now, & predictably, they will fail. Tell me, if each minister had been performing, we wouldn't have gotten here in the first place!
from your analysis, are they not bunch of idiots?? Oga in this context they fully deserve this name and many more!!! If you are an entrepreneur you will understand what we go through everyday just to stay afloat!!! cry
Re: PHOTOS: Presidential Task Force On Food Security Meets Yemi Osinbajo by BABSIN(m): 3:28pm On Feb 05, 2017
plainol:
The way poor people are surviving still amaze me, in other countries, this government would have been brought down.

The Truth is that the same Nigerians benefit from the Outrageous hike in prices. Money keep moving round in circle within the economy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Inuwa Yahaya Inspecting 40MW Dadin Kowa Hydropower Project / Akeredolu And His Wife Vote At Ondo Local Government Election (Photos) / Mohammed Mattawale Receives Certificate Of Return As Governor-elect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.