Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,285 members, 7,811,840 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan (12448 Views)

Saraki Leads Senators To Ekweremadu’s Home / Kemi Adeosun Being Blackmailed By Senators To Do Their Biddings – Premium Times / Coalition For Nigeria: Obasanjo Mobilizes 7 Governors, 20 Senators To Remove PMB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by maberry(m): 8:23am On Feb 07, 2017
Why should we?

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by jayfierce(m): 8:24am On Feb 07, 2017
Noooooooooooo. Now that there's political instability and we are not sure of the true status of the presidents health, that money will just enter voicemail once it's collected.

Only transparency can justify the loan request. Tell us what you have been doing with what you've been getting so far.

Finally, we appreciate you for coming to us for help seeing as the people have woken up from slumber. However we cannot support this loan. It is added to the list of things to fight against.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by Nobody: 8:25am On Feb 07, 2017
Loan from where?

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by Nobody: 8:27am On Feb 07, 2017
Oladimejyy:
(with watering eyes)I know am not worthy to ask because i know i'm stinking of sin before thy sight OH God,Lord please heal my president,restore his health,please he must not die now.
(crying)Although he is not a christian but please Lord i never what to mourn my president.I love him so much please heal him and let your will be done to Nigeria as u wish.AMEN.
Lord i know u cant answer this prayer but please do me a favour by just saying "Yes" Lord.
For those that wish PMB death Lord please dont kill them but kill the very person they love most so that they can feel what they want(pain) PMB family to feel.AMEN.
.ISTANDWITHBUHARIGALLANTLYANDPATIENTLY
Let it be unto him according to the prayers of Nigerians
Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by shedy03(m): 8:28am On Feb 07, 2017
Oladimejyy:
(with watering eyes)I know am not worthy to ask because i know i'm stinking of sin before thy sight OH God,Lord please heal my president,restore his health,please he must not die now.
(crying)Although he is not a christian but please Lord i never what to mourn my president.I love him so much please heal him and let your will be done to Nigeria as u wish.AMEN.
Lord i know u cant answer this prayer but please do me a favour by just saying "Yes" Lord.
For those that wish PMB death Lord please dont kill them but kill the very person they love most so that they can feel what they want(pain) PMB family to feel.AMEN.
LOL.....OYO.

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by ybalogs(m): 8:29am On Feb 07, 2017
We need to know what the FG plans on using the money for before we prevail on the National assembly. It's not like our doing that will do anything self. mcheeeew.

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by Kobicove(m): 8:30am On Feb 07, 2017
I'm sure they want to use part of the loan to fund their 'war chest' for the 2019 elections undecided

2 Likes

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by brain247(m): 8:30am On Feb 07, 2017
the last year budget,so far what have implemented with it... approving that loan will put nigeria into serious debt in the future.
Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by tommysparks: 8:31am On Feb 07, 2017
So that you people can chop it. What of the money saved in TSA

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by ITbomb(m): 8:32am On Feb 07, 2017
What happened to the trillions of loots recovered that your EFCC is so happy spitting figures here and there?

2 Likes

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by Ekpekus(m): 8:33am On Feb 07, 2017
9ja matter don taya person... prevail on them to mortgage our future abi? Come o, Wetin una plan be for that money?

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by darknetcom: 8:33am On Feb 07, 2017
we shouldnt do any bailout like western nations..

it didnt work for them..

the rich got only richer..and the poor are still poor...

what we should do is give soft loans to small businessis and not take loan...

at the end,fg gets its money from people paying tax..

if the people have money,the more fg will get...

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by qleap2all(m): 8:34am On Feb 07, 2017
said that a Lagos- Ijebu-Ode-Ore-Benin- Asaba- Agbor-Onitsha- Sapele-Yenagoa-Port Harcourt-Uyo and Calabar coastal rail line would also be constructed. He said that work on the Eastern rail flank linking Aba to Port Harcourt, Makurdi, Enugu and Jos, would commence in June. The minister said that Ekiti would be linked by rail through Osogbo and would run to Ilorin, Minna and Kano. He said that the ministry had sought approval to purchase more coaches and locomotives for the Abuja-Kaduna light rail. I am excited
Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by guywitzerogal(m): 8:34am On Feb 07, 2017
Amechi only talks when money is involved.....hmmmm minister for money affairs

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by Nobody: 8:36am On Feb 07, 2017
someone who oversaw a failed monorail project is talking loan for the whole country

nigeria is a comedy

2 Likes

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by signz: 8:39am On Feb 07, 2017
BeeBeeOoh:

https://newtelegraphonline.com/news/fg-nigerians-prevail-senators-approve-30bn-loan/

He said that work on the Eastern rail flank linking Aba to Port Harcourt, Makurdi, Enugu and Jos, would commence in June.

The eastern rail flank were rehabilitated under the last admin. Except they want to construct standard guage line.

As an Igboman our interests are not represented in the $30bn loan. Our reps should reject it even if they're in the minority atleast history will record they did the right thing. A huge chunk of the non chinese loans will be embezzled.

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by darknetcom: 8:39am On Feb 07, 2017
Anticorruption:
someone who oversaw a failed monorail project is talking loan for the whole country

nigeria is a comedy

dont mind them..they only got richer getting privat jets..
the people are still poor...

you need to see the dirty swollen stomachs many of them have..

just discusting...

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by michoim(m): 8:41am On Feb 07, 2017
Yes ooo. They should go and protest to the right people (senators); if you want to get the right result or else you are wasting your time. If the protesters have the right knowledge on government policies, they should know that the senators, some of whom are also sponsoring the protest, are the ones withholding the $30bn loan and they are still witholding the budget; because they are there in the Senate not to serve Nigerians but the looters.

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by Xano(m): 8:44am On Feb 07, 2017
madridguy:
I stand with Buhari.

I say NO to 30 Billion dollars loan.

Interesting

I am surprised by what you wrote. That's good of you.

As regards the topic, integrity is by good evidence not by mere sayings.
As a Former Governor, there are evidences of funds that were not spent well. For example: WHO funds, Monorail funds, among others.

We know there would kickbacks for you and your friends from the 30 billion dollars. It is unfortunate thing that happens with Nigerian projects.

Government officials should build(earn) trust amongst Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by darknetcom: 8:45am On Feb 07, 2017
african leaders dont understand democracy a tall...

anyways,we still have a long way to go..

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by foxvilles: 8:46am On Feb 07, 2017
The cost of building these proposed railways are very expensive. This is because, railway construction requires huge amounts of iron and steel needed to make the work successful.

It will be more reasonable and rational if the said amount to be borrowed has a substantial part in which the Ajaokuta Steel Company will be resuscitated with so as to reduce cost of construction and at the same time create employment.

On the long run, the resuscitation of the Ajaokuta Steel Company will also bring about massive developments in various sectors of the economy as production of machineries (cars, engines, buildings etc) requires iron and steel. This will invite auto manufacturers and thereby stimulate the Nigeria Economy.

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by refreshrate: 8:49am On Feb 07, 2017
Oladimejyy:
Lord i know u cant answer this prayer but please do me a favour by just saying "Yesi" Lord.

God is not mocked

You might think you're being funny.
Those southern kaduna people & those killed by herdsmen oh yeah the lady that was killed also because she asked someone not to perform ablution in front of her store...their blood will speak from the grave regarding this your prayer.
Since you choose to intercede despite the obvious I can only wish you the very best in line with the consequences of your prayer.

Oh yeah, amen!

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by duni04(m): 8:49am On Feb 07, 2017
Anticorruption:

nigeria is a comedy
The joke is in you and that clown in rivers called Wike. Lagos has been building its own monorail for close to a decade bow. Abuja's own is nearing completion since it was conceptualised in 2008/2009, cross rivers built theirs in years. Lagos has been revising the cost if its own upwards almost yearly because of currency fluctuation and unplanned Costs, and irrespective of the governor in charge. But that clown and murderer in Rivers cancelled the monorail project in Rivers and instead started building a "befitting" Secretariat for the NBA in Port Harcourt. The same with that Agbero in Ekiti. Fayose cancelled several legacy projects of his predecessor and instead started building "befitting" secretariats for the PDP and NURTW
It won't take long before people of Rivers will start to realise the very fatal mistake they made by allowing Wike continue as governor (though he rigged and bribed himself in). When the people of rivers see the monorails in Lagos, Abuja and Cross rivers working, they'll start wondering why they allowed that idiot cancel theirs and Amaechi will tell them "I told you so"

2 Likes

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by darknetcom: 8:49am On Feb 07, 2017
foxvilles:
The cost of building these proposed railways are very expensive. This is because, railway construction requires huge amounts of iron and steel needed to make the work successful.

It will be more reasonable and rational if the said amount to be borrowed has a substantial part in which the Ajaokuta Steel Company will be resuscitated with so as to reduce cost of construction and at the same time create employment.

On the long run, the resuscitation of the Ajaokuta Steel Company will also bring about massive developments in various sectors of the economy as production of machineries (cars, engines, buildings etc) requires iron and steel. This will invite auto manufacturers and thereby stimulate the Nigeria Economy.

i still ask my self till today why that steel plant is still not working since 2011...it should be working by now...

dont allow them to take more loans or else things will get even more worst in some years...

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by darknetcom: 8:51am On Feb 07, 2017
you can not trust people that dont even understand democracy with so much money...

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by nnaemmy(m): 8:53am On Feb 07, 2017
... and who will pay the Loan and the huge interest later?

Clowns too much for this Administration oo

2 Likes

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by Aroh48(m): 8:55am On Feb 07, 2017
madridguy:
I stand with Buhari.
I say NO to 30 Billion dollars loan.
Nawah for you

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by duni04(m): 8:55am On Feb 07, 2017
foxvilles:

We can't peg the destiny of an ongoing project to that of another ongoing project, especially in recession where people are demanding immediate results. We need immediate coastal access for our exports through the rails. We also need to improve intra regional commerce within the country and boost production.
Ajaokuta is a long way before completion. We can't expect our country wide railway project to wait till we start producing steel.

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by Freesman32: 8:55am On Feb 07, 2017
NeedGiftcards:
What have you done so far with what you have ?

. meanwhile if you have iTunes gift cards,check my signature.

Ogbeni me I dey find who go help me create iTunes account oh
Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by aiboss: 8:57am On Feb 07, 2017
Where are all the 'recovered' loots? I am very sure we dont need to go borrowing......... cool cool cool

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by lagosrd: 8:57am On Feb 07, 2017
Prevail on APC senators for you guys. Can you see now that this government has changed direction into the ditch. Una never see anything.

1 Like

Re: FG To Nigerians: Prevail On Senators To Approve $30bn Loan by darknetcom: 8:58am On Feb 07, 2017
nnaemmy:
... and who will pay the Loan and the huge interest later?

Clowns too much for this Administration oo

this is what nigerians should be careful off...

when you take too much loans,the interest of the loans is enough to destroy your nation completly...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Jets Out Of Nigeria For Liberia's 172nd Independent Anniversary / Sanusi Knocks NNPC, Says Fuel Consumption Figures Unbelievable / Chimaroke Nnamani: FBI Not Looking For Me, I Just Returned From The US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.