Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,465 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola (20412 Views)

TCN Begins Nationwide Load-shedding As Power Generation Drops By 1087MW / Nigeria Will Continue To Suffer Power Crises Till 2028 – TCN / Eight Discos Turns Down 1,337MWH From TCN Despite Erratic Supply To Consumers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by repogirl(f): 8:07am On Feb 07, 2017
In other words, its Buhari who put the new MD there not Fashola.

you can imagine the conconbility, if you check now, you will see the man has close ties to CPC.

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by AZeD1(m): 8:25am On Feb 07, 2017
Drversatile:
Removing an Engineer and putting someone from finical house as MD of TCN. And Nigerians will expect improvement in power? I weep for my country
The work of the MD is administrative not technical.
Dangote owns Cement factories but he isn't an Engineer.

You don't have to be a Doctor to own a hospital, you don't have to be a doctor to head a hospital.

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by wristbangle: 8:31am On Feb 07, 2017
donfemo:
to be honest Fashola has not performed as a minister, He should also be sacked. I watched a video recently when he was Governor, he said people in the federal Government were incompetent that's why we do not have light in the country. Look at him today.

In terms of power/housing sector, he hasn't but works and infrastructure, he has tried so far.
Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by kamaldin(m): 8:48am On Feb 07, 2017
energywatchng:

The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, yesterday told the Senate and House of Representatives joint Committee on Power that the decision of the Federal Government to effect changes in the management of the Transmission Company of Nigeria (TCN) was informed by the need for improvement.

The committee is probing the sudden changes in the management of TCN.

He also said the appointment of a Managing Director for TCN has nothing to do with $174 million African Development Bank (AfDB) loan.

The government asked the Acting Managing Director of TCN, EngrAtikuAbubakar to hand over to a new Managing Director, Mr. Usman Gur Mohammed, said to have been deployed from AfDB to manage the affairs of the TCN.

The workers of the organisation were not happy over deployment of Mohammed from the continental lender to TCN and petitioned the National Assembly.

Chairman of the joint committee, Senator EnyinnayaAbaribe, said a petition by the power sector union in respect of sudden changes in the management of TCN prompted the committee to investigate what was going on in the TCN.

Abaribe noted that the committee felt that if the issues raised by the union were not addressed, they could aggravate the power sector crisis.

Fashola explained that the matter of appointment of a Managing Director for the TCN was “above his pay grade to stop the change having received a presidential directive to carry out the change.”

The minister who said the issue in the TCN was a matter of employer-employee relationship said “if government does not want to keep an employee, there is nothing anybody can do.”

http://www.energywatchng.com/sacked-tcn-md-fashola/

I go with baba Fasho. Lets hope for a new change in power sector.

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by Incrizz(f): 9:08am On Feb 07, 2017
Babacele another very good one from Buhari grin
I did forget, Fashola is one thing Buhari got rightsmiley

2 Likes

Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by DAZZLEME88(m): 9:38am On Feb 07, 2017
I see
Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 07, 2017
wristbangle:

In terms of power/housing sector, he hasn't but works and infrastructure, he has tried so far.
which try, how many roads has he constructed, he is a thief like the rest just that he has been overhyped by the Tinubu media, he is as mediocre as the rest
Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by wristbangle: 10:09am On Feb 07, 2017
ehie:
which try, how many roads has he constructed, he is a thief like the rest just that he has been overhyped by the Tinubu media, he is as mediocre as the rest

Lagos - Ibadan, Lagos - Ore, Jebba to Bida, etc. Pls try ply those roads.

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by Nobody: 10:16am On Feb 07, 2017
wristbangle:

Lagos - Ibadan, Lagos - Ore, Jebba to Bida, etc. Pls try ply those roads.
lol Jebba Bida road was being constructed as far back as 20-11 the other roads where continuations of roads Jonsthan built...lies and propaganda from the yoruba stable
Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by wristbangle: 10:29am On Feb 07, 2017
ehie:
lol Jebba Bida road was being constructed as far back as 20-11 the other roads where continuations of roads Jonsthan built...lies and propaganda from the yoruba stable

When was the last time u plied the road? FYI, Jonathan never touch that road. Stop lying please

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by Blitzeee(m): 11:51am On Feb 07, 2017
What else would you expect from someone of his status, remove an engineer and you cannot replace him with another engineer. What! ! ! in a purely engineering field.
Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by Babacele: 11:59am On Feb 07, 2017
Incrizz:
Babacele another very good one from Buhari grin
I did forget, Fashola is one thing Buhari got rightsmiley
you are right but this NASS are just wasting time....anything to slow PMB down and I blame PMB for it . He should not ve allowed Saraki n his criminal gang up to an hour in the house leadership....I don't think you seeing what I'm seeing. how is you?

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by Nobody: 12:11pm On Feb 07, 2017
wristbangle:

When was the last time u plied the road? FYI, Jonathan never touch that road. Stop lying please
u are the liar, i plied the Jebba- road to iLLORIN AND THEN THERE WAS HEAVY WORK GOING ON, YOU ARE A LIAR AND DECEIVER

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by clickwtB(m): 12:15pm On Feb 07, 2017
ripbubu:
Minister of darkness..
SACK CBN MANAGEMENT THEY ARE SABOTUERS/BETRAYERS!!!!
Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by romme2u: 12:32pm On Feb 07, 2017
three:
Hmmm...

for posterity...

https://www.nairaland.com/2729145/fashola-becomes-minister-power-housing

https://www.nairaland.com/2729135/fashola-heads-ministry-power-works

guy u wicked. when gbawe and co were running the show. now everywhere is silent as the graveyard
Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by romme2u: 12:34pm On Feb 07, 2017
ehie:
u are the liar, i plied the Jebba- road to iLLORIN AND THEN THERE WAS HEAVY WORK GOING ON, YOU ARE A LIAR AND DECEIVER

That is their trademark. convincing you that white is black
Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by EvangelistAY(m): 1:46pm On Feb 07, 2017
How can you remove and Engr and put Accountant and you want Nigerian to enjoy electricity, this people are looking for the way to embezzled money for 2019 election that is the game plan and they need a person that will work for them, carry go we don enter one chance for Naija
Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by MagnaB: 3:31pm On Feb 07, 2017
Seems other tribes in Nigeria don't matter again because i suppose the Government only recognizes the hausas. Hausa and fulani na dem dey dominate executive offices in Nigeria. Sometimes i tend to see reasons why people say the president wants to islamize the country.

Can't the appointments to these offices to fair to all tribes and religion as long as the candidate is qualified.

Shame on the government.
Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by Adminisher: 3:35pm On Feb 07, 2017
kings09:
Regular power supply Oya gbera! But wait oo, na northerner oo. Hope he has sumtin to offer

Read his CV . Stop stereotyping

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by Adminisher: 3:37pm On Feb 07, 2017
EvangelistAY:
How can you remove and Engr and put Accountant and you want Nigerian to enjoy electricity, this people are looking for the way to embezzled money for 2019 election that is the game plan and they need a person that will work for them, carry go we don enter one chance for Naija

I am an engineer. The engineer that was there failed woefully. His job was not Engineering but contract management, performance management and stakeholder management

2 Likes

Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by Charly68: 4:47pm On Feb 07, 2017
40kobo77:
Good Job Fashola.

I believe in you and your quiet approach into getting the job done.

I dedicate this FTC to the URHOBO PEOPLE of Delta State.

URHOBO WADOOO.
I know a whole SAN won't take such a legal action without a valid legal reason. On Fashola decision,I stand.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by yaki84: 4:55pm On Feb 07, 2017
Menace2Society:
I know this comment might not be so important. It might even be ignored. Might even be misunderstood but I just wanna let y'all know that I'm selling sugarcane
is it d stick one or d one wey dey inside tin?
Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by citizenY(m): 7:57pm On Feb 07, 2017
REDshouse:
we just need a unitary parliamentary system of govt... scrap senate or rep...make them part time legislooters...restructure the damn country

More like unicameral parliament..
Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by REDshouse(m): 9:15pm On Feb 07, 2017
citizenY:

More like unicameral parliament..

whatever its called just scrap one of the 2 useless houses

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by mechanics(m): 10:07pm On Feb 07, 2017
I hope it will lead to a turn around of the system

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by Nobody: 10:15pm On Feb 07, 2017
Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by Incrizz(f): 6:28am On Feb 08, 2017
Babacele:
you are right but this NASS are just wasting time....anything to slow PMB down and I blame PMB for it . He should not ve allowed Saraki n his criminal gang up to an hour in the house leadership....I don't think you seeing what I'm seeing. how is you?
Yeah I see it clearly. He never should have allowed Saraki. That has really come back to bite him in the arse so hard.

Me is cool as cucumber...

1 Like

Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by Babacele: 9:16am On Feb 08, 2017
Incrizz:

Yeah I see it clearly. He never should have allowed Saraki. That has really come back to bite him in the arse so hard.

Me is cool as cucumber...
since Naija gave it another meaning , each time I hear the word ' cucumber' ehn, I feel like going for confession......heared that a new cinema where live legislathief comedy are on free display now is in Ekiti House of Assembly. Hope kpomo and boli would be served, any drink that can make ones' adrenalin go berserk like the thugnor of ekiti is excellent so that all of us viewers can be in the awesome Fayose state of mind that only Igbos alone have been enjoying since. And if you are visiting the fountain of knowledge too anytime soon, can I hitch a ride from you? money wey I suppose give drivers we go invest am for d stomach infrastructure while we watch the blockbuster 'Fayemi Inquisition'. yeye dey oooze.
Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by Incrizz(f): 4:48pm On Feb 08, 2017
Babacele:
since Naija gave it another meaning , each time I hear the word ' cucumber' ehn, I feel like going for confession......heared that a new cinema where live legislathief comedy are on free display now is in Ekiti House of Assembly. Hope kpomo and boli would be served, any drink that can make ones' adrenalin go berserk like the thugnor of ekiti is excellent so that all of us viewers can be in the awesome Fayose state of mind that only Igbos alone have been enjoying since. And if you are visiting the fountain of knowledge too anytime soon, can I hitch a ride from you? money wey I suppose give drivers we go invest am for d stomach infrastructure while we watch the blockbuster 'Fayemi Inquisition'. yeye dey oooze.

I don't understand any of what you wrote though.

"As cool as cucumber" is an idiom, yeah?

Or what should i have written? ...I don't even get! undecided

*bewildered*

Ps
I'm just curious, "do Muslims go for confession?"

Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by Babacele: 7:22pm On Feb 08, 2017
Incrizz:

I don't understand any of what you wrote though.

"As cool as cucumber" is an idiom, yeah?

Or what should i have written? ...I don't even get! undecided

*bewildered*

Ps
I'm just curious, "do Muslims go for confession?"
Holy Mary! ........yea learnt d idiomatic simile in primary school. Your use of that expression is right, I was just being mischievous.

OK. Ekiti state abi na Fayose Assembly issued a warrant of arrest on Fayemi, who had sued 2 of the assembly members for defamation, since he had refused to honor their invitation to come answer some allegation on misappropriation.... So I had tot u knew about it.
Seems u sef dey wear hijab ....lols
Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by Incrizz(f): 1:04am On Feb 09, 2017
Babacele:
Holy Mary! ........yea learnt d idiomatic simile in primary school. Your use of that expression is right, I was just being mischievous.

OK. Ekiti state abi na Fayose Assembly issued a warrant of arrest on Fayemi, who had sued 2 of the assembly members for defamation, since he had refused to honor their invitation to come answer some allegation on misappropriation.... So I had tot u knew about it.
Seems u sef dey wear hijab ....lols
Oh!
Re: Why We Sacked TCN MD – Fashola by Babacele: 3:45am On Feb 09, 2017
Incrizz:
Oh!
yes ...night crawler.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obasanjo Will Kick If PDP Fields Atiku In 2019 — Ardo / Presidency Has No Hand In Petition Against Onnoghen – Aghanya / Official Thread Of The Bon Nedg Presidential Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.