Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,019 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:52 AM

The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) (50576 Views)

6 Stages Of A Relationship Every Lover Experiences / Lady Runs Away As Boyfriend Stages Fake Police Raid To Propose. Photos / The 5 Stages Of Relationship: Which Stage Is Yours At? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by NevetsIbot(m): 7:19pm On Feb 08, 2017
Gabbysky:

Valentine tinzzzz grin grin grin
we nor fit fight reach Feb 14 na
Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by Diplomaticbeing(m): 7:30pm On Feb 08, 2017
!
Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by chiraqDemon(m): 8:44pm On Feb 08, 2017
engineerboat:
Every Marriage relationship goes through all this stages.

The onus is laid upon the partners to work out the relationship anf makes it workable

Unfortunately our role models are the wrong ppl
"Hollywood stars"
If u ever go on Wikipedia n read their profile
One woman that died earlier this year had 6 husbands
And she even married one of them 2 times and divorced him 2 times
When i see relatuonships in naija i just thank God
Most ppl over there just wake up n it will be like scales have fallen off their eyes n they will seek divorce b4 that day is over
Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by Justeenaleo(f): 8:47pm On Feb 08, 2017
Danhumprey:
Justeenaleo, can you relate with these stages?
I can't relate......mine didn't start from stage one and It didn't even start from any of the stages.

1 Like

Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by Justeenaleo(f): 8:53pm On Feb 08, 2017
Diplomaticbeing:
@OP

Believe you me the sequences of the five stages of relationship you enumerated, especially no.1, which almost other commenters above didn't see anything wrong with it, is the reason why there are so many heartbreaks and divorces everywhere. I wonder how someone can fall in love with another whom he/she haven't known (partner/date) thoroughly. The words "fancy or infatuation" instead of love would have make a better sense to me as your number 1. Love should be a summation of all the other stages/number 5 - it's only a built-up love, one where both parties cherishes each other majorly based on their good attributes and of course fancy (physical attractiveness) too, rather than solely on superficiality (material things), that can stand the test of time - while number 5 in your post become number 6.

Love based on immaterial condition vs love based on selfishness.

- Love based on immaterial condition will always stand the test of time. This is a love that was necessitated majorly by good attributes and of course with fancy (physical attractiveness) too. . . . This is true love. Both parties involved in it can always die for each other when need be, because treachery don't exist in either's life dictionary. To love is to die for - after all one who died for what s/he believes in died a hero/heroine.

- Love based on selfishness is superficial and will always crumble once the material object (e.g. money, fame or class) that hold it wanes off /vanishes. Treachery is always the order of the day here. . . . Heartbreaks and divorces are always imminent.
danhumprey .... this looks a little like it.

2 Likes

Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by nekede11(m): 9:16pm On Feb 08, 2017
NO BE LIA
Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by correctguy101(m): 9:35pm On Feb 08, 2017
I rather fall asleep cool
for 9ja angry undecided
Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by ojay2053(m): 10:19pm On Feb 08, 2017
Reasonable post I've read today, though I ain't got time for relationship iish.
Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by Nobody: 10:58pm On Feb 08, 2017
midehi2:

wow, @ the bolded, same word that almost threw mine away, at a time i was like, mhennn i can't anymore (men's ego)but when one can scape through that, understand each other, its perfect

Brother, the emboldened almost cost me an amazing relationship tonight. Thank God, I quickly reminded myself, "Don't destroy the very thing you want".

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by McTobe(m): 11:02pm On Feb 08, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Bro, it is actually left for you both to decide. You see most times the fault is usually from both ends. Why not identify your own flaws and work on it while she sort herself? I guess she must also be complaining about something in you.

After you have done this, call/text her that you want to see her, and tell her that you have identified your flaws and promise her that you are determined to kill that thing that makes her unhappy. Then tell her that you meant the sweet promises you made to her etal. Then tell her that you want her more than ever. Wait for her reply!

If she is silent, it is POSITIVE! If she give an express YES, it is also positive. But if she says NO, give her space and time 15-30 days. If she wants you she will be the one to contact you.

thank u bro, I hv done most of d things u suggested above and things hv started improving lately

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by charlesklaus(m): 1:00am On Feb 09, 2017
Diplomaticbeing:
@OP

Believe you me the sequences of the five stages of relationship you enumerated, especially no.1, which almost other commenters above didn't see anything wrong with it, is the reason why there are so many heartbreaks and divorces everywhere. I wonder how someone can fall in love with another whom he/she haven't known (partner/date) thoroughly. The words "fancy or infatuation" instead of love would have make a better sense to me as your number 1. Love should be a summation of all the other stages (it can't exist without components) and should be number 5 here - it's only a built-up love, one where both parties cherishes each other majorly based on their good attributes and of course fancy (physical attractiveness) too, rather than solely on superficiality (material things), that can stand the test of time - while number 5 in your post become number 6.

Love based on immaterial condition vs love based on selfishness.

- Love based on immaterial condition will always stand the test of time. This is a love that was necessitated majorly by good attributes and of course with fancy (physical attractiveness) too. . . . This is true love. Both parties involved in it can always die for each other when need be, because perfidy don't exist in either's life dictionary. To love is to die for - after all one who died for what s/he believes in died a hero/heroine.

- Love based on selfishness is superficial and will always crumble once the material object (e.g. money, fame or class) that hold it wanes off /vanishes. Perfidy is always the order of the day here. . . . Heartbreaks and divorces are always imminent.

Well said bro

1 Like

Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by midehi2(f): 8:31am On Feb 09, 2017
iamadonis2:

Brother, the emboldened almost cost me an amazing relationship tonight. Thank God, I quickly reminded myself, "Don't destroy the very thing you want".
sister, that is it, we don't need to throw away the best thing we have
Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:21pm On Feb 09, 2017
midehi2:

sister, that is it, we don't need to throw away the best thing we have
I can't agree less.
Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by nuelyoyo(m): 9:04pm On Feb 09, 2017
Even recession don reach barca side, before na ten this and ten that, now e don reduce to five embarassed
Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by LordReed(m): 10:05pm On Feb 09, 2017
showmeurpenis:

A very happy birthday sir embarassed

Was snooping in dd's world and noticed today is your day according to nl so I couldn't pass without blessing you. DD is a lil stunnah btw! Take care.

Wow! Thank you!

Totally unexpected though but much appreciated wink

1 Like

Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by Nobody: 9:53am On Feb 15, 2017
Switup:
Its outrageous wen they both pass stage three and then they realise they cant continue because maybe they're both AS.

Cheating and heartbreak sef for better pass mutually agreeing to end end d affair cus of fear of Sickle Cell

This is Epic
Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by Switup: 10:20am On Feb 15, 2017
Alero3Arubi:

This is Epic
only u understand. It leaves behind a scar

1 Like

Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by Etosonc(m): 7:52pm On Mar 25, 2017
ok
Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by OliverThomas: 10:15pm On Nov 17, 2020
We are now with a guy who just started their relationship and it is useful for us to read different topics. We love each other very much and we really want to keep the relationship going. At first, I read prayrs.org and I prayed that everything would be fine with us and that I would feel better when I read these prayers. My boyfriend thought I was weird at first but then he realized that I just love him and it's for good reasons. It will be useful for each pair to read this topic and understand in advance how best not to do so as not to be the majority that falls on stage 3.
Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by emmakisstru: 11:44pm On Nov 17, 2020
OliverThomas:
We are now with a guy who just started their relationship and it is useful for us to read different topics. We love each other very much and we really want to keep the relationship going. At first, I read prayrs.org and I prayed that everything would be fine with us and that I would feel better when I read these prayers. My boyfriend thought I was weird at first but then he realized that I just love him and it's for good reasons. It will be useful for each pair to read this topic and understand in advance how best not to do so as not to be the majority that falls on stage 3.
You are right about the fact that it will be useful for each pair to read this topic and understand in advance how best not to do
Re: The 5 Stages Of Relationship (most People Crash In Stage 3) by jamesversion: 8:09am On Jul 10, 2022
Stage 5: Combining Forces To Change The World:

Some couples get stuck in stage 4 (which is fine) but some others move further. They combine the power of two to do one thing together. It could range from being counsellors, engaging in community service, promoting a cause like Bill and Melinda Gate, book writing, politics like the Jonathans and the Obamas, entertainment like Olu Jacob and Joke Silva etc.

grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Proposes To His Girlfriend During Helicopter Ride. Photos / Man Goes Viral For Impregnating 5 Women At The Same Time / Dzifa Sweetness: Dump Any Lady Who Complains About Your Manhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.