Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,872 members, 7,828,109 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria (81178 Views)

What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Eruditor: 7:56pm On May 08, 2017
youngestland:

I laugh hard this guy still dont understand

how can you be comparing two of the highest paying jobs to my job
bros I know my level and I respect my self if I was a doctor in nigeria and I have that opportunity to move I will quickly move even if my salary is 800k in nigeria or if I am a science student I would have moved atleast with that I can look for one way to switch to one of the STEM courses in usa
imagine if I moved then do you know how many schools I will go to and years I will use to get this your high paying job

bros I am not a big boy atall I still find it hard to pay some bills, my inverter battaries don down I am loking for 200k to replace them its weighing me down is that what you call a big boy grin grin grin

if people with my course goes to usa they will need serious luck( I am an atheist I would have said god cheesy grin) to be able to earn such high salary
bros lets stop story how many nigerians that left for usa 9 years ago and can say hes worth 100k dollars very very very few this means I am lucky and I made the right choice my own opinion and im happy thats the koko

and bros pls stop abusing we are debating not fighting it shows how pained you are that some people love the country you hate and theres no way my income will be 800k by 2021

Have you seen cleaners in the US riding Prado SUV? Tell me the type of people who use such cars in Nigeria: 400k earners?

Stop comparing lazy illegal immigrants to average legal immigrants in developed countries. With just the right amount of hard work the latter will do well and live well above board in the US. To add to that, their little money over there will be a big deal in Nigeria. $9500 is almost N4M and a Facebook intern earns 8000$ a month. LOL

4 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by maternal: 7:57pm On May 08, 2017
youngestland:

I tell you the guy makes some point sometimes but he his too frenzy on the matter him and that maternal guy they just cannot make their points with out abusive words I feel they had it very rough in nigeria they now manage to go there they feel like they are in paradise not believing that some people in nigeria have been having life easy

Its not their life yet they are carrying it on their head like its their problem lf I decide to stay in nigeria is it their business, its my life all they can do is advise and move not abuse there are people that wants to contribute here but because of abusing they just cant stand it

I can bet it when they read this now they will rain thunder on me grin grin

Why would I rain thunder on you ? That's your opinion. But when one dismisses facts then there's a problem. You can live in a Nigerian zoo for all I care. But when you say living in a zoo in Nigeria is better than living in America, then there's a problem.

8 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Eruditor: 8:02pm On May 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

Why are you so pained, you sound like an illegal immigrant, full of regret. Does everyone reason like you? Someone is telling you that with N400K he built houses, with less than that both my parents own lands and houses (which brings income today) so what are you talking about.

With N300K per month God knows that I would be a house owner in 2 to 3 years (all things being equal) You don't know that some people are skilled at maximizing what they have? okay stay there and keep arguing with people who know the system more than you

Your own case is severe because you are a troll. Someone told me they built houses with 400k and I should swallow the prevarication hook, line and sinker? So if someone comes to you now and says they purchased a second hand Bugatti for N1M you won't doubt it?

Pray, tell me when your parents built houses with less than 400k? 1970s or 80s? Which means they were amongst the richest Nigerians of their day or don't you know that that is the implication of your statement?

Do you realize that as far back as 1999-2005 Nigerian budget for roads used to be in millions of naira but today every single project is in billions. Do you think?

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Eruditor: 8:14pm On May 08, 2017
Babaelemu:
That's true but let me assume that person is not a citizen yet but a temporary resident using work permit.

There is a criteria and requirement for these set of people against citizens before giving credit to them according to their credit bureau terms and condition there so this particular person might be earning 10k p/m there will have to calculate and minus other maintenances like tax,
rent, transport, feeding, utility, know the number of dependant before concluding if you qualify and additional they will review your work contract, how long you have had your bank account, check your credit history, how long you have been in the country.

So someone who migrated for studies and then got a job of 10k p/m immediately upon graduation and 2 years later could qualify for 120k loan or was able to save 24 million naira sounds like a MIRACLE / FAIRYTALE stories. (That means in the space of 5 years she was able to sort out immigration issues, get a 10k job and have a very good credit score to qualify for such loan/credit) very astonishing.

LOL see all the stupid questions you are asking me because you find it astonishing that someone with an MBA from a good school in California could afford to shell out $60k for a property in Nigeria but are only a hare's breath short of declaring your loyalty to someone else who claimed he built houses with 400k a month?

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Eruditor: 8:22pm On May 08, 2017
Babaelemu:
She had h1b visa for how long before being granted green card? Remember that person traveled 2012 on student visa I assumed. Got a job in 2014 her employer filed for h1b she got it so tell me when did she acquired green card.

Because you must have had h1b for 6 years before applying for green card (permanent resident) so if she got her hb1 in 2014 she could only qualify for green card after 6 years by (2020).

I am not going to explain anything to you because it is veering off from the crux of the matter. Is it that she cannot afford the $60k or what? Let us leave it at that.

6 years for green card? Hahahahaha

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Babaelemu: 8:27pm On May 08, 2017
No I'm against feeding false information your writes up sounds too good to be true and could mislead others from reality.

No doubt america is a great country if you have paper to work and reside legally. But you painted it so easy as A,B,C and your stories were made on base you "heard" and it pointed out no facts that's misleading.

Eruditor:

LOL see all the stupid questions you are asking me because you find it astonishing that someone with an MBA from a good school in California could afford to shell out $60k for a property in Nigeria but are only a hare's breath short of declaring your loyalty to someone else who claimed he built houses with 400k a month?
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Eruditor: 8:33pm On May 08, 2017
Babaelemu:
No I'm against feeding false information your writes up sounds too good to be true and could mislead others from reality.

No doubt america is a great country if you have paper to work and reside legally. But you painted it so easy as A,B,C and your stories were made on base you "heard" and it pointed out no facts that's misleading.

Instead of all these piffle above you cannot refute the fact that someone who earns $120k a year can afford $60k to purchase a property in Nigeria. You cannot argue with the fact that someone who finished her MBA in 2014 could get a job with Amazon and earn that high. You cannot even refute the fact that someone who got in 2012, got work 2014 can be a greencardholder by 2017.

The only thing you have working for you is your delusion that I painted a rosy story about the US yet you are defending a charlatan who claimed he built houses with 400k. To you, such a person is not selling a false reality about Nigeria.

Well done.

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Babaelemu: 8:46pm On May 08, 2017
I'm not defending anybody and in all my postings never did I agree you can build a house for 400k naira.

The argument is if you have a 400k job back home and you are 35 years it is advisable to stick to it and think out of the box than traveling out for uncertainty.

Life is too short at 35.
Eruditor:

Instead of all these piffle above you cannot refute the fact that someone who earns $120k a year can afford $60k to purchase a property in Nigeria. You cannot argue with the fact that someone who finished her MBA in 2014 could get a job with Amazon and earn that high. You cannot even refute the fact that someone who got in 2012, got work 2014 can be a greencardholder by 2017.

The only thing you have working for you is your delusion that I painted a rosy story about the US yet you are defending a charlatan who claimed he built houses with 400k. To you, such a person is not selling a false reality about Nigeria.

Well done.

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:27pm On May 08, 2017
Eruditor:

Your own case is severe because you are a troll. Someone told me they built houses with 400k and I should swallow the prevarication hook, line and sinker? So if someone comes to you now and says they purchased a second hand Bugatti for N1M you won't doubt it?

Pray, tell me when your parents built houses with less than 400k? 1970s or 80s? Which means they were amongst the richest Nigerians of their day or don't you know that that is the implication of your statement?

Do you realize that as far back as 1999-2005 Nigerian budget for roads used to be in millions of naira but today every single project is in billions. Do you think?

Five years ago he could conveniently build a house with that amount, depending on the state of course the type of house e.g one bedroom, two bedroom apartment etc

How will you believe when you are there roasting, you don't need to be rich to own a house in Nigeria, even with N100K steady monthly income some people have been able to save up and own their own house, it depends on the state they live and the way they save(the cost of living varies in states) cheesy
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Fusion23: 9:33pm On May 08, 2017
Babaelemu:
That's true but let me assume that person is not a citizen yet but a temporary resident using work permit.

There is a criteria and requirement for these set of people against citizens before giving credit to them according to their credit bureau terms and condition there so this particular person might be earning 10k p/m there will have to calculate and minus other maintenances like tax,
rent, transport, feeding, utility, know the number of dependant before concluding if you qualify and additional they will review your work contract, how long you have had your bank account, check your credit history, how long you have been in the country.

So someone who migrated for studies and then got a job of 10k p/m immediately upon graduation and 2 years later could qualify for 120k loan or was able to save 24 million naira sounds like a MIRACLE / FAIRYTALE stories. (That means in the space of 5 years she was able to sort out immigration issues, get a 10k job and have a very good credit score to qualify for such loan/credit) very astonishing.

I can not assume , I don't know the person or claim its true, i know someone who got a loan to build a house in Nigeria that am 100 percent sure.
So please what are your doubts? , may be South Africa is not USA or UK. Graduate jobs with google or Facebook is well over 10 K a month that

I do not know of USA again but in Canada as a PR you can buy a house in less than two years of you arriving , the key is having a job?

Trust me its no fairy tale, that is capitalism for you, like entry level for google software engineers can be from 140-160 k no kidding and once u done with M.Sc. u can get those jobs in weeks. Lets just hope Nigeria has such opportunities in future
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by flexyonline: 10:06pm On May 08, 2017
There's a lot of specious reasoning on both sides of this discussion. Ultimately, the decision will be based on the personal circumstances of the person in question. If it was me, I will migrate. However, I think it is far fetched to say people working for TOTAL want to migrate to Canada. From personal experience and first hand information, what they want to do is move their family to Canada while they remain in Nigeria working. I know more than 50 people doing this. They are not afraid for themselves as they make more money in the oil industry in Nigeria. They just want a plan b for their families. For most of them immediately they lay hands on the Pali, the family moves back to Nigeria. Talk about having the best of both worlds.

My advise will be that if you are struggling in Nigeria, by that I mean you don't earn at least $60,000 equivalent annually in Nigeria, if you have the opportunity to make a planned move to a good country, please go. I am not saying people should migrate illegally as that would be hell on earth. You don't want to subject yourself to that trust me

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Demo213: 10:21pm On May 08, 2017
Hello All,

@ OP - I believe you are the only right person that can make this decision for yourself. No one else can make it for you and whatever you decide to do, pls make sure its based on diligent and careful consideration.

You might probably agree, and frankly from where I'm seating, I see you even more confused reading all the answers to your post than when you actually asked the question in good faith. So.....you get the point.

However on a general note to everyone else: I believe we will move forward faster as a country if people actually stop confusing delusional to being patriotic and actually acknowledge that their is a real problem in this country Nigeria.
All these talk about "Nigeria is better than Canada" economically, is a little shortsighted and significantly untrue.

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:44pm On May 08, 2017
flexyonline:
There's a lot of specious reasoning on both sides of this discussion. Ultimately, the decision will be based on the personal circumstances of the person in question. If it was me, I will migrate. However, I think it is far fetched to say people working for TOTAL want to migrate to Canada. From personal experience and first hand information, what they want to do is move their family to Canada while they remain in Nigeria working. I know more than 50 people doing this. They are not afraid for themselves as they make more money in the oil industry in Nigeria. They just want a plan b for their families. For most of them immediately they lay hands on the Pali, the family moves back to Nigeria. Talk about having the best of both worlds.

My advise will be that if you are struggling in Nigeria, by that I mean you don't earn at least $60,000 equivalent annually in Nigeria, if you have the opportunity to make a planned move to a good country, please go. I am not saying people should migrate illegally as that would be hell on earth. You don't want to subject yourself to that trust me

Change $60,000 into naira, our currency is in naira and not dollars. You mean any one earning less than N21,000,0000 per annum? You make me laugh
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by flexyonline: 10:50pm On May 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

Change $60,000 into naira, our currency is in naira and not dollars. You mean any one earning less than N21,000,0000 per annum? You make me laugh

Yes I mean it. You see, with the way Nigeria is there has to be an incentive for living in Nigeria. The quality of life is so low that you need to be "bribed" with good earnings to stay here. I might not be able to explain it properly as you need to live it in a western country to understand it. My dear it is not the same!

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by youngestland: 10:52pm On May 08, 2017
Eruditor:

ok enough of all this let me break it down for you one by one

1year I saved 3.6million I put this money in treasury bills I was given 360000 = 3960,000

2nd year I saved 3600000 +3960000 =7560000 treasury bill 756000=8316000

3rd year I saved 3600000+8316000=11916000+ tbills 1191600= 13107600

4th year I saved 3600000+13107600 =16707600+tbills 1670760=18378360

5th year I saved 3600000+18378360=21978360+tbills 2197836= 24,176,196

I bought a land for 14million I buillt my 3 bedroom flat with around 5million (then 6inch block was 120 cement was 1200 to 1300) I am left with 5 million I bought a car 1,850,000 left with 3million used it to start the other flats for tenants four years after I am almost done I will rent those flat for 800k each 3bedroom

now please I want you all to dispute this I am tired of all of you telling me its not possible this is something I did wella
abi you want to tell me an area where you buy a plot for 14million 5 years ago is not an ok area or where you let out 800k for 3bedroom in lagos is not good enough and mimd you some go for 1-1.2mil its just because of ky space thats why I am letting it that price

thats the calculation over to you all

6 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:53pm On May 08, 2017
flexyonline:

Yes I mean it. You see, with the way Nigeria is there has to be an incentive for living in Nigeria. The quality of life is so low that you need to be "bribed" with good earnings to stay here. I might not be able to explain it properly as you need to live it in a western country to understand it. My dear it is not the same!

Well done. Nobody will ever bribe me to stay here by God's grace smiley
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 08, 2017
youngestland:

1year I saved 3.6million I put this money in treasury bills I was given 360000 = 3960,000

I bought a land for 14million I buillt my 3 bedroom flat with around 5million (then 6inch block was 120 cement was 1200 to 1300) I am left with 5 million I bought a car 1,850,000 left with 3million used it to start the other flats for tenants four years after I am almost done I will rent those flat for 800k each 3bedroom

now please I want you all to dispute this I am tired of all of you telling me its not possible this is something I did wella
abi you want to tell me an area where you buy a plot for 14million 5 years ago is not an ok area or where you let out 800k for 3bedroom in lagos is not good enough and mimd you some go for 1-1.2mil its just because of ky space thats why I am letting it that price

These foreigners are just clueless, easy life has affected their reasoning, I don't expect them to be skilled at doing the above as you've displayed, its best to just leave them to keep quoting dollars and euros for us while we laugh at their posts.

4 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Shege2000: 11:01pm On May 08, 2017
Hi,

I will be talking from experience here.

The day I got my landed immigrant visa to Canada was also the day I got an employment as a Financial Controller of an oil service company in Port Harcourt. The Salary and Benefits was about 5 times of what I was earning in one of the big 4 accounting firm in Nigeria, then. it was a very painful and agonizing decision for me. Leaving the known for unknown. But I determined to give a better life to my 2 weeks old daughter, then, and her future siblings.

After committing everything into God's hands, I took the decision to leave and come to Canada. The first two years was very rough but got a peaceful and focused life. I knew that if I stayed focus and envision where i wanted to be in 3-5 years, and with the grace and mercy of Almighty God, I could get to that level. Desire is to be a Chartered Accountant, which I already qualified for in Nigeria.

I pursued the vision, within 3 years of arriving in Canada. I passed my C.A exams and became a C.A. Six months after I qualified I got a job as an Assistant Controller with a big Multinational Company in Canada.

Today, all glory be to God. My coasts has been enlarged. My children have greater opportunities to pursue their various dreams. I am not saying Nigeria doesn't provides the same opportunities but one has advantage over the other. Security of life/property is very important.

Please pray about it and let God leads you in the right direction.

What I will advise you is that don't come here without having all the necessary documentations or visa. Coming to Canada with "assumptions" will lead you to difficult live.

Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 08, 2017
maternal:

Why would I rain thunder on you ? That's your opinion. But when one dismisses facts then there's a problem. You can live in a Nigerian zoo for all I care. But when you say living in a zoo in Nigeria is better than living in America, then there's a problem.

You did what he said you would do, you insulted him as he expected

Zoo = A place where animals are kept

You just called him an animal as he predicted. You are really so pained it seems you can't make any valid points without insults even in your oyibo land where you reside you are not at peace with yourself and it shows in every post you write, tufiakwa.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 11:32pm On May 08, 2017
Shege2000:
Hi,

The day I got my landed immigrant visa to Canada was also the day I got an employment as a Financial Controller of an oil service company in Port Harcourt. The Salary and Benefits was about 5 times of what I was earning in one of the big 4 accounting firm in Nigeria, then. it was a very painful and agonizing decision for me. Leaving the known for unknown. But I determined to give a better life to my 2 weeks old daughter, then, and her future siblings.

After committing everything into God's hands, I took the decision to leave and come to Canada. The first two years was very rough but got a peaceful and focused life. I knew that if I stayed focus and envision where i wanted to be in 3-5 years, and with the grace and mercy of Almighty God, I could get to that level. Desire is to be a Chartered Accountant, which I already qualified for in Nigeria.

I pursued the vision, within 3 years of arriving in Canada. I passed my C.A exams and became a C.A. Six months after I qualified I got a job as an Assistant Controller with a big Multinational Company in Canada.

Today, all glory be to God. My coasts has been enlarged. My children have greater opportunities to pursue their various dreams. I am not saying Nigeria doesn't provides the same opportunities but one has advantage over the other. Security of life/property is very important.

What I will advise you is that don't come here without having all the necessary documentations or visa. Coming to Canada with "assumptions" will lead you to difficult live.

Thanks

Taking consolation in your children's future so soon odiegwu what of your own?

Your grand father's age mates are still running things here in Nigeria, do you have any hope in becoming Canadian president yourself? Please don't mention Obama, he is the only president of African decent ever to achieve such who else has done it(his mother was even a white American), I join you in hoping for the best for your kids.

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Eruditor: 11:40pm On May 08, 2017
Babaelemu:
I'm not defending anybody and in all my postings never did I agree you can build a house for 400k naira.

The argument is if you have a 400k job back home and you are 35 years it is advisable to stick to it and think out of the box than traveling out for uncertainty.

Life is too short at 35.

Ok better. Now I can have a meaningful convo with you.

My advice to the person was based on how he was feeling. If he was certain about his decision, he would not have come here to ask for advice.

I can't remember the initial post and I am too lazy to re-read it but I remember he said he had a 4.0/5 in a Nigerian Uni and is unhappy with life because at 35 (and earning 400k) the person is not up to much especially since the company he works for is an indigenous servicing company.

In developed countries like Canada and US, 35 years is not too old for a new job or career. In Nigeria, being 25 now seems old. KPMG and PwC think you are too old at 26 and Shell and co say you should be younger than 30.

The oil sector is erratic and has experienced ups and downs. Whenever such happens, guess who suffers first? Servicing companies especially the indigenous ones. So he could be there and God forbid oil drops again to under $30 he could lose his job and struggle again to get a new one.

He is intelligent. A 4pter in a Nigerian school is intelligent enough and if he applies himself well in Canada he can do well in his MBA and get a good job. Hardwork pays in such countries. Someone I heard about earns $9000CAD per month working on a rig. He used to work in bank in Nigeria before but he quit and tested the waters over there and he is better for it.

I am not saying there would not be miraculous stories of people who had less than 100k and made it big in Nigeria. While most will be thieves who pilfered from govt coffers there would still be a minute few who made it legitimately but how many will they be compared to those in those countries I listed above?

That is why I recommended what I did.

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Eruditor: 11:41pm On May 08, 2017
Pidgin2:

Five years ago he could conveniently build a house with that amount, depending on the state of course the type of house e.g one bedroom, two bedroom apartment etc

How will you believe when you are there roasting, you don't need to be rich to own a house in Nigeria, even with N100K steady monthly income some people have been able to save up and own their own house, it depends on the state they live and the way they save(the cost of living varies in states) cheesy

I can't waste my time responding to this. You can't see past your nose. Keep spewing your delusions of grandeur. Only you believes your tales by moon light.

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Eruditor: 11:52pm On May 08, 2017
youngestland:

How is 400k 5 years ago the same as 400k today? Do you realize that 400k in 2011 was equivalent to $2600 while it is $1000 today?

Any plot of land you acquired for N14M today would have been like N2M or 3M five years ago (If I am not being overly generous).

Then you spent 5M building a property on land you paid 14M for? grin

Mehn, I don't want to look like I have a personal axe to grind with you but your calculations just appear too mechanical. You mean you waited till the end of each year to get your 3.6M and then had enough time to add it to the cumulative of previous years just in time to procure Tbills with it etc. And still count it within that same year?

You try.

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Babaelemu: 12:00am On May 09, 2017
Yes that's reality even if you didn't elaborate all the downs you went through in details. But you made it clear even going through the right channel first 2-3 years was tough and I'm clearly sure you know others who were in your shoes that are still struggling to be established.

Now be realistic read the below comment and tell me the kind of message the poster was trying to send to readers?

"A friend of mine went to Uni of California Davies for her MBA. This was in 2012. By 2014 she was done and got a job with Amazon in the US. She lives in Silicon Valley and earns $120k+ a year. Last year she acquired a 4-bedroom condo close to Igbuefon (Lekki Phase 1 axis) for over 25M and she has rented it out. LOL. She is working on a property over in the US which she plans to rent out too and she would do this later in the year."

Be sincere if you have a brother 35 years of age that earn 400k p/m that want to migrate to Canada what would be your advice to him?

Shege2000:

Hi,

Thanks
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by youngestland: 12:17am On May 09, 2017
Eruditor:

How is 400k 5 years ago the same as 400k today? Do you realize that 400k in 2011 was equivalent to $2600 while it is $1000 today?

Any plot of land you acquired for N14M today would have been like N2M or 3M five years ago (If I am not being overly generous).

Then you spent 5M building a property on land you paid 14M for? grin

Mehn, I don't want to look like I have a personal axe to grind with you but your calculations just appear too mechanical. You mean you waited till the end of each year to get your 3.6M and then had enough time to add it to the cumulative of previous years just in time to procure Tbills with it etc. And still count it within that same year?

You try.

Please read and understand now

my plot of land today if you want to buy at that area is 20m+

I did not buy the land only for my use thats why I built something small so I can have space to build for tenants oga sir

now bro let me school you on tbills my tbills drops every december before it drops I write the bank that I want roll it over with an additional 3.6million so the bank just add my 3.6million to what I have before and buys treasury bills for me

now let me tell you something I even saved more than 24million you know why I got better interest some years 14%etc but I calculated on 10% only for easy calculation sir
Please dont dispute this I did it I swear with my life I need you to apologize for calling me a fool,419 thief and even saying im living the same life as hushpuppy

I am legit from a legit family sir

4 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Eruditor: 12:18am On May 09, 2017
flexyonline:

I don't talk carelessly. You can glean through my posts. I know people personally considering above. The person who got into shell in 2013 is one of my closest friends. He sounded incredible to me when he proposed his plan to relocate citing exchange rate and quality of life as his excuse but I still disagreed with him. What put him in that mood was his recent trip to Houston on vacation. He met a former classmate of his working in same company but in that state and the quality of their lives was world apart. He is trying to see if his years of experience in Nigeria will give him an advantage in getting a similar job in Canada or US and he will zoom off. The Total person is his own friend and neighbour in PH. He is the one who posited the Total person as another example of someone considering something similar.

I don't need to agree with them but I had to tell these liars here who claim 400k can build houses, buy cars and build empires and tender it as reasons why someone earning same in Nigeria should not consider migrating.

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Babaelemu: 12:20am On May 09, 2017
If I was him I would not even think of moving 400k is a good pay I would be thinking to establish. I would set aside my fear what if "I loose the job" , I get fired, the company closed down, because all these things can also occur in developed countries every time. Trust me you also don't wanna be jobless in freezing Canada.

Eruditor:

Ok better. Now I can have a meaningful convo with you.

My advice to the person was based on how he was feeling. If he was certain about his decision, he would not have come here to ask for advice.

I can't remember the initial post and I am too lazy to re-read it but I remember he said he had a 4.0/5 in a Nigerian Uni and is unhappy with life because at 35 (and earning 400k) the person is not up to much especially since the company he works for is an indigenous servicing company.

In developed countries like Canada and US, 35 years is not too old for a new job or career. In Nigeria, being 25 now seems old. KPMG and PwC think you are too old at 26 and Shell and co say you should be younger than 30.

The oil sector is erratic and has experienced ups and downs. Whenever such happens, guess who suffers first? Servicing companies especially the indigenous ones. So he could be there and God forbid oil drops again to under $30 he could lose his job and struggle again to get a new one.

He is intelligent. A 4pter in a Nigerian school is intelligent enough and if he applies himself well in Canada he can do well in his MBA and get a good job. Hardwork pays in such countries. Someone I heard about earns $9000CAD per month working on a rig. He used to work in bank in Nigeria before but he quit and tested the waters over there and he is better for it.

I am not saying there would not be miraculous stories of people who had less than 100k and made it big in Nigeria. While most will be thieves who pilfered from govt coffers there would still be a minute few who made it legitimately but how many will they be compared to those in those countries I listed above?

That is why I recommended what I did.

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Eruditor: 12:24am On May 09, 2017
youngestland:

Please read and understand now

my plot of land today if you want to buy at that area is 20m+

I did not buy the land only for my use thats why I built something small so I can have space to build for tenants oga sir

now bro let me school you on tbills my tbills drops every december before it drops I write the bank that I want roll it over with an additional 3.6million so the bank just add my 3.6million to what I have before and buys treasury bills for me

now let me tell you something I even saved more than 24million you know why I got better interest some years 14%etc but I calculated on 10% only for easy calculation sir
Please dont dispute this I did it I swear with my life I need you to apologize for calling me a fool,419 thief and even saying im living the same life as hushpuppy

I am legit from a legit family sir

I have nothing against you. Making plans in 2011 is not the same as making one in 2017. Please think hard.

I know about Tbills and fixed deposits and without being nitpicky, they are more responsible for your N24M in 5 years than your pure savings (which is what I challenged).

If you are legit, congrats to you. You are an anomaly and should show some restraint in advising someone to tread your path. On average, it is better to recommend the path of surest success than the highest risk highest reward path.

Come on, if Wizkid tells people to quit school and chase music like he did and then refer to his huge success as the reason for it will you support him?

There are more "comfy" school-goers than musicians who made it big like Wiz.

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Eruditor: 12:27am On May 09, 2017
Babaelemu:
If I was him I would not even think of moving 400k is a good pay I would be thinking to establish. I would set aside my fear what if "I loose the job" , I get fired, the company closed down, because all these things can also occur in developed countries every time. Trust me you also don't wanna be jobless in freezing Canada.

LOL @ 400k is good pay. You don't seem to understand what the true value of 400k is. That fear you are willing to set aside is the reason your advice for him falls flat. In my original post on this issue, I listed companies in which earning 400k is not a problem. For instance, NNPC and DPR. But earning 400k in an indigenous servicing company and staying put to hazard things out is just naive. No offense.

Canada provides more avenues for success than Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by youngestland: 12:32am On May 09, 2017
Eruditor:

I have nothing against you. Making plans in 2011 is not the same as making one in 2017. Please think hard.

I know about Tbills and fixed deposits and without being nitpicky, they are more responsible for your N24M in 5 years than your pure savings (which is what I challenged).

If you are legit, congrats to you. You are an anomaly and should show some restraint in advising someone to tread your path. On average, it is better to recommend the path of surest success than the highest risk highest reward path.

Come on, if Wizkid tells people to quit school and chase music like he did and then refer to his huge success as the reason for it will you support him?

There are more "comfy" school-goers than musicians who made it big like Wiz.

for the first time I 'liked' your comment goodnight its past 12am here I have work in the morning

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Eruditor: 12:35am On May 09, 2017
Babaelemu:
Yes that's reality even if you didn't elaborate all the downs you went through in details. But you made it clear even going through the right channel first 2-3 years was tough and I'm clearly sure you know others who were in your shoes that are still struggling to be established.

Now be realistic read the below comment and tell me the kind of message the poster was trying to send to readers?

"A friend of mine went to Uni of California Davies for her MBA. This was in 2012. By 2014 she was done and got a job with Amazon in the US. She lives in Silicon Valley and earns $120k+ a year. Last year she acquired a 4-bedroom condo close to Igbuefon (Lekki Phase 1 axis) for over 25M and she has rented it out. LOL. She is working on a property over in the US which she plans to rent out too and she would do this later in the year."

Be sincere if you have a brother 35 years of age that earn 400k p/m that want to migrate to Canada what would be your advice to him?

The message I was dispelling there is one made by the 400k house guy who wanted to claim no one in the developed countries could have achieved as much as he did in the 5-year time span. I showed him that someone else had achieved much more. There are others like her.

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by ApexTitan(m): 1:18am On May 09, 2017
Pidgin2:

How did everybody miss this?

I didn't know Tales by Moonlight has been rebooted grin

OK, seriously. Tell us the states in Nigeria where a man earning N100K can build a decent (by that I mean at least a 2 or 3 bedroom bungalow w/ 2 bathrooms) house in 2017. Show us where such things are possible please I'm sure many readers on here would want to know how to build houses on a 100K salary and still cover regular living costs.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (20) (Reply)

2 Corpers Die In Road Accident Along Ajeokuta-Lokoja Expressway (Disturbing Pix) / Why You Need To Make Bonny Island Your Next Travel Location / Which European Country Can I Travel To With 3m?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.