Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,834 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:42 PM

Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria (80764 Views)

What's The Best Skill To Learn Under 6 Months For Me To Migrate To Europe? / With N20M, Should I Travel To USA Or Stay In Nigeria? / Leave The Country Or Stay Back And Start Something?please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by ApexTitan(m): 11:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
NotOfThis:

The cold isn't bad. Unless someone's going to Yukon where it's quite cold, winter in general isn't so bad.

Many public holidays: New Years (January), Family Day (February), Easter (April), Canada Day - My birthday smiley (July 1), Labour Day (September), Thanksgiving (October), Christmas (December). Pheeew, that's all I can think of! And they often fall close to the weekend, meaning you would get Friday, Saturday, Sunday off; or it could be Saturday, Sunday and Monday off. I don't think Nigeria has these many public holidays.

About him being away from his family, if he's married, he can always bring his wife and kids over later. Or he can be visiting them till they arrive.

Re: Public holidays. Nigeria celebrates most of the holidays you have listed, in addition to those are May 29th Democracy Day, Labour Day May 1st, Independence Day and all the Muslim holidays. Easter in Nigeria is usually celebrated on a Friday and Monday whereas in Canada Easter Monday is a holiday only for federal government workers or select regions. I still think Nigeria has more holidays. smiley

Winter is not a big deal - for certain kinds of people. I myself now prefer winter days to be at least just below sub-freezing at the minimum (I love winter grin) but let's not kid ourselves, for many people who grew up in the tropics the cold remains a challenge. Canada, after all, is one of the coldest countries in the world so this may be a huge deterrent for many who don't like cold.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 03, 2017
maternal:

Under what Visa are you coming in ? Skilled worker? Just curious.

Hello Maternal I am now in Regina.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by efismikoko(m): 10:02am On May 04, 2017
Wow wow wow I can't believe I read from page 1 to this page

I just believe you guys calling Nigeria bad names are just pained that some people will like what you rejected and also you guys don't want to hear that people are successful in the country you couldn't

I like it here I don't need to be spoon fed. like my boss will joke about "Nigeria is for MEN while Yankee is for BABIES"
You want life easy leave please you want to slug it out in Nigeria and make it here please stay

You all talking about light water good road plsssss........ I can't remember the last time I stayed in anyplace without light even the middle class have solar we get sun here abeg
How will my tap not have water never..... then good roads abeg this is funny but Una dey sleep for road

A guy with 400k per month and has his own house should relocate that means 150million Nigerians should relocate because this guy is richer than 150millon people in Nigeria. Please this guy can save more than 250k in a month that's 3million in one year.....

Please you guys should stop saying you left Nigeria because of comfort abeg you all started saying this because when you got there you found out the truth then you started using basic amenities to cover face

Don't think we are supporting Nigeria because we don't have the opportunity to get out as a matter of fact my parents are Yankee citizens but they are in nija my sisters filed for them I have all the means and connection to move but that's not me I will never be happy

Like I always say I am happy here in Nigeria and I will raise my kids here when I get married please if you are not please move because no one deserve to suffer the earth belongs to all of us

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by maternal: 1:25pm On May 04, 2017
efismikoko:
Wow wow wow I can't believe I read from page 1 to this page

I just believe you guys calling Nigeria bad names are just pained that some people will like what you rejected and also you guys don't want to hear that people are successful in the country you couldn't

I like it here I don't need to be spoon fed. like my boss will joke about "Nigeria is for MEN while Yankee is for BABIES"
You want life easy leave please you want to slug it out in Nigeria and make it here please stay

You all talking about light water good road plsssss........ I can't remember the last time I stayed in anyplace without light even the middle class have solar we get sun here abeg
How will my tap not have water never..... then good roads abeg this is funny but Una dey sleep for road

A guy with 400k per month and has his own house should relocate that means 150million Nigerians should relocate because this guy is richer than 150millon people in Nigeria. Please this guy can save more than 250k in a month that's 3million in one year.....

Please you guys should stop saying you left Nigeria because of comfort abeg you all started saying this because when you got there you found out the truth then you started using basic amenities to cover face

Don't think we are supporting Nigeria because we don't have the opportunity to get out as a matter of fact my parents are Yankee citizens but they are in nija my sisters filed for them I have all the means and connection to move but that's not me I will never be happy

Like I always say I am happy here in Nigeria and I will raise my kids here when I get married please if you are not please move because no one deserve to suffer the earth belongs to all of us

I love that logic. Me I be baby. I wan easy life. I dey salute all you "men" and your boss who wan slug it out. Onye ara.

14 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by efismikoko(m): 2:11pm On May 04, 2017
maternal:

I love that logic. Me I be baby. I wan easy life. I dey salute all you "men" and your boss who wan slug it out. Onye ara.

You don't have to call us mad people because we stay in Nigeria I just smile at you for that.

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Ugosample(m): 2:18pm On May 04, 2017
maternal:

This guy is a case cheesy grin
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by philip0906(m): 2:39pm On May 04, 2017
efismikoko:
[s]Wow wow wow I can't believe I read from page 1 to this page

Like I always say I am happy here in Nigeria and I will raise my kids here when I get married please if you are not please move because no one deserve to suffer the earth belongs to all of us [/s]
Rubbish
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:22pm On May 04, 2017

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by maternal: 3:27pm On May 04, 2017
efismikoko:

You don't have to call us mad people because we stay in Nigeria I just smile at you for that.

Nobody is calling anybody mad for living in naija. People are too busy to care where one lives. What people are calling mad is not acknowledging the deterioration of the country. How can you fix a problem if you don't admit or acknowledge you have one ? I suspect you're young and don't have the life experience to grasp what you just wrote. Well all define success differently. Like a typical Nigerian, success is not only measured with money. I value peace, security, opportunity, stability, etc more than money. Nobody "spoons" us here. We simply get a lot benefits back due to the taxes we pay and the country's prosperity as a whole. You see stealing is actually illegal here and the government is mandated to spend tax dollars on its citizens to enhance their quality of life. I know that's a foreign concept to you. Lastly, everyone knows Nigeria is for thieves while Yankee is for HARD WORKERS who want their success based on merits not political connections.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by maternal: 3:37pm On May 04, 2017
Genius000:

Hello Maternal I am now in Regina.

How are you liking it.
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by efismikoko(m): 3:46pm On May 04, 2017
maternal:

Nobody is calling anybody mad for living in naija. People are too busy to care where one lives. What people are calling mad is not acknowledging the deterioration of the country. How can you fix a problem if you don't admit or acknowledge you have one ? I suspect you're young and don't have the life experience to grasp what you just wrote. Well all define success differently. Like a typical Nigerian, success is not only measured with money. I value peace, security, opportunity, stability, etc more than money. Nobody "spoons" us here. We simply get a lot benefits back due to the taxes we pay and the country's prosperity as a whole. You see stealing is actually illegal here and the government is mandated to spend tax dollars on its citizens to enhance their quality of life. I know that's a foreign concept to you. Lastly, everyone knows Nigeria is for thieves while Yankee is for HARD WORKERS who want their success based on merits not political connections.

I still laugh smiley

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Babaelemu: 4:33pm On May 04, 2017
The only reason to leave a job of 400K per month should only be IF YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER IN NIGERIA. At the age of 35 you are still willing to migrate and live your life for uncertainty. As a BLACK man and again a FOREIGNER in developed country (built by whites) If you like have PHD, PPD, BSC or whatever you call it you are still gonna have it very tough and you are still gonna prove yourself x3 for any position against the citizen and permanent resident.

At 35 with that income you should be thinking how to establish, create employment and give your family the best in life. Abroad drains energy physically and mentally from certification, to paper, to learning the culture (it takes years to adapt)

Abroad is not designed as a place to get everything easily it a place to live a simple and easy life and this takes lot of years working.

4 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by CoCoLav(f): 4:40pm On May 04, 2017
Babaelemu:
The only reason to leave a job of 400K per month should only be IF YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER IN NIGERIA. At the age of 35 you are still willing to migrate and live your life for uncertainty. As a BLACK man and again a FOREIGNER in developed country (built by whites) If you like have PHD, PPD, BSC or whatever you call it you are still gonna have it very tough and you are still gonna prove yourself x3 for any position against the citizen and permanent resident.

At 35 with that income you should be thinking how to establish, create employment and give your family the best in life. Abroad drains energy physically and mentally from certification, to paper, to learning the culture (it takes years to adapt)

Abroad is not designed as a place to get everything easily it a place to live a simple and easy life and this takes lot of years working.

I really hope the OP did not make the mistake of moving.

Only people with nothing to lose in Nigeria should take the risk of uprooting their lives to come here and start from scratch.

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by keni: 4:51pm On May 04, 2017
Babaelemu:

1 Create employment as how? please expatiate.
2. Give family the best life? please explain
3. If you read from the beginning you would see most people are not saying its going to be easy easy but to be in an equitable environment where fairness and hardwork will see you through

6 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Babaelemu: 5:03pm On May 04, 2017
Before answering your questions I need you to answer this one question .... where do you reside?
keni:

1 Create employment as how? please expatiate.
2. Give family the best life? please explain
3. If you read from the beginning you would see most people are not saying its going to be easy easy but to be in an equitable environment where fairness and hardwork will see you through

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by keni: 5:05pm On May 04, 2017
Babaelemu:
Before answering your questions I need you to answer this one question .... where do you reside?

I currently live in Lagos planning to relocate outside the country

3 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Babaelemu: 5:07pm On May 04, 2017
Thank you. Sorry no offence I will never try to answer your questions reason being YOU WILL NEVER TRY TO COMPREHEND.
keni:

I currently live in Lagos planning to relocate outside the country

5 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by keni: 5:09pm On May 04, 2017
Babaelemu:
Thank you. Sorry no offence I will never try to answer your questions reason being YOU WILL NEVER TRY TO COMPREHEND.

Try me ( if you really have an answer)

3 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by ApexTitan(m): 5:34pm On May 04, 2017
Babaelemu:

That's a lame cop out, defend the points you raised. Explain how the OP can do all the things you listed so that we can weigh if there is any merit in the position you have taken.

3 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Babaelemu: 5:46pm On May 04, 2017
No young-man
ApexTitan:

That's a lame cop out, defend the points you raised. Explain how the OP can do all the things you listed so that we can weigh if there is any merit in the position you have taken.

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by ApexTitan(m): 5:48pm On May 04, 2017
Babaelemu:
No young-man

Good, you have just proven that you don't have a case to make here. You are dismissed.

Next!

3 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by olutowo(m): 6:54pm On May 04, 2017
Hmmm....my summary..there are 2 types of people for naija, those who never travelled/visited another country and solely believe that naija is the best place (based on thier fact) to live yet, they live below normal standard of living, and we have those who have have witnessed these two, yet the belive naija is a zoo, people are building houses in naija, abeg how many naija base get those building, its eida my bros for yankee day build am, or something something abroad must day the back of such statment (please dont mind my english)..more opportunity in canada...
Show me a millionaire/billionaire in naija that does his bizness locally with exchange rate...i hear say dangote day go saudi every friday for jumat...my country people, no be naira he day spend o....bottom line, money makes the world go round, so stay at where u will maximize ur income inflow + good standard of living.

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by efismikoko(m): 7:38pm On May 04, 2017
olutowo:
Hmmm....my summary..there are 2 types of people for naija, those who never travelled/visited another country and solely believe that naija is the best place (based on thier fact) to live yet, they live below normal standard of living, and we have those who have have witnessed these two, yet the belive naija is a zoo, people are building houses in naija, abeg how many naija base get those building, its eida my bros for yankee day build am, or something something abroad must day the back of such statment (please dont mind my english)..more opportunity in canada...
Show me a millionaire/billionaire in naija that does his bizness locally with exchange rate...i hear say dangote day go saudi every friday for jumat...my country people, no be naira he day spend o....bottom line, money makes the world go round, so stay at where u will maximize ur income inflow + good standard of living.

Jeez I don't even have a passport I am in my 30s I have 3 buildings in the capital of lagos and I am 100% legit and pls I have friends with better buildings and also my age

Even my sisters don't have one building in Nigeria after 18 years in yanks

Are you kidding me buildings in Nigeria are attached to abroad people this is the biggest joke I have ever heard pls come to my world I will show I too know this sector nijass Sabi spend money when it comes to real estate plssssss

4 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by olutowo(m): 8:24pm On May 04, 2017
efismikoko:

Jeez I don't even have a passport I am in my 30s I have 3 buildings in the capital of lagos and I am 100% legit and pls I have friends with better buildings and also my age

Even my sisters don't have one building in Nigeria after 18 years in yanks

Are you kidding me buildings in Nigeria are attached to abroad people this is the biggest joke I have ever heard pls come to my world I will show I too know this sector nijass Sabi spend money when it comes to real estate plssssss

Naija people don start oooooo....u have 3 building in the capital of lagos, yet u dont have international passport...how much does it cost to get a land for the capital and to erect building not to talk of 3 building....(lai mohammed junior)

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by efismikoko(m): 8:43pm On May 04, 2017
olutowo:

Naija people don start oooooo....u have 3 building in the capital of lagos, yet u dont have international passport...how much does it cost to get a land for the capital and to erect building not to talk of 3 building....(lai mohammed junior)

Kai I laugh hard grin grin Una don see us finish for Nigeria
When did you leave Nigeria and who are your people

Its people like you that go abroad and say we live on trees in Africa

This is the last I m going to comment on this Nigeria abroad thing because I can now see how low you think of us.... so without nigerians in abroad we can't live in Nigeria

Haaaaaa Kai we don suffer

3 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by olutowo(m): 8:45pm On May 04, 2017
efismikoko:

Kai I laugh hard grin grin Una don see us finish for Nigeria
When did you leave Nigeria and who are your people

Its people like you that go abroad and say we live on trees in Africa

This is the last I m going to comment on this Nigeria abroad thing because I can now see how low you think of us.... so without nigerians in abroad we can't live in Nigeria

Haaaaaa Kai we don suffer

Baba, i day naija i day wait for my study permit ni, kus i cant wait to port...if u are deceiving me, baba, i cant deceive myself...kus we all know how tins day go for naija for here...president missing at FEC meeting without reporting to us to know his whereabout....citizens careless about things, and u expect naija to be like western world....when their campaign is building roads and restoring power when others countries are looking for more better ways to advance their welbeing...well, its a matter of choice...the world in general is a global village so i can decide to live anywhere i want so far i go through due process, not necessary i die for naija believing say e go better

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by ApexTitan(m): 9:13pm On May 04, 2017
It appears the people posting on this page do not understand what we have been debating about on this thread from the beginning.

Nobody is campaigning for anyone to just up and leave Nigeria. Nobody is questioning anyone's loyalty or patriotism. Not everyone should leave Nigeria and not everyone can even leave. My comments (and I believe those who have taken a similar position) are directed specifically to the project manager in the original post. A realistic assessment of his situation and the opportunities available to him took the discussion to the point it is at now.

If you are enjoying your life in Nigeria, by all means, continue to stay there, help to develop and grow the nation. Nigeria needs more of your kind. What I come down hard on are the folks who in trying to discourage the pm (and by extension those in a similar position) from trying other places paint an untrue picture of what life in Nigeria is.

5 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:04am On May 05, 2017
olutowo:

Chai nawao, if your type come home they will deceive you easily as it is obvious you don't know what is happening here at all. Please remain there o, for your own good. Houses that people are building with their money you are there thinking that someone abroad must be a benefactor, sorry for you

All the people that travel to China and other Asian countries for business haven't gone abroad, what of those with established contacts in US and Europe where there import and buy stuffs from have not gone abroad, sorry for you

2 Likes

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by maternal: 2:58am On May 05, 2017
Pidgin2:

Chai nawao, if your type come home they will deceive you easily as it is obvious you don't know what is happening here at all. Please remain there o, for your own good. Houses that people are building with their money you are there thinking that someone abroad must be a benefactor, sorry for you

All the people that travel to China and other Asian countries for business haven't gone abroad, what of those with established contacts in US and Europe where there import and buy stuffs from have not gone abroad, sorry for you

Very few people are building houses with their own money. Only the few successful business men. The majority are thieves, stealing/looting the country's wealth. Nigeria has a bi-polar distribution of wealth with really no middle class. You're literally either really rich or poor. Who are these "people" ? Definitely not the common man. How many more millions of dollars must the EFCC find in politicians houses before you guys stop playing the "people are doing big things with their money" narrative ? Like a poster said how much does it cost to buy or build a house in naija with the pathetic naira once you have dollars ? Or the unemployed small boy who'd do the labor for 1/20 of the price someone would here because they're desperate for work. I personal have a house there and it's no big deal.

The truth is Nigeria's economy would literally collapse without people from the diaspora sending/investing money back there, since the politicians just steal whatever they can. 35 billion remitted and you don't think a few billions went into real estate ?

"In 2016, Nigerians living abroad remitted $35 billion, higher than 2015. This is the highest in Africa and the third largest in the world. Nigerians are excelling all over the world" She said.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201612210454.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by CXLVII: 4:54am On May 05, 2017
philip0906:

Rubbish

Make a point!
Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:04am On May 05, 2017
maternal:

grin I kent..I just kent grin

1 Like

Re: Migrate To Canada Or Stay With 400 K Monthly Salary In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:07am On May 05, 2017
olutowo:

Hahahaha @lai junior grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

The Underrated Cotonou (benin Republic) / Onitsha Lockdown Relaxation: What Upper Iweka Looks Like- Pictures / Nigerians Confront South Africans With Guns In Pretoria - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.