Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) (43229 Views)

Poll: What's your prediction?

Nigeria wins: 63% (118 votes)
Egypt wins: 23% (44 votes)
Draw: 12% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 8:11am On Jan 11, 2010
isale_gan2:

I won't be able to watch or stream this so those who are watching and are so inclined, please the more running (minute by minute) commentary you can post the better. I will try to log in from work, and failing that, read through all your posts at the end of the day.

Thanks in advance.

*We Support Amodu*
We will do ALL that we can. Stay tuned for LIVE commentaries.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by HohDee(m): 11:59am On Jan 11, 2010
Hey guys.da 17.00=5pm 9ja time rite?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by EGYMOODY: 12:24pm On Jan 11, 2010
Anyone know if martinez "oba oba" 'll start against Egypt or not?
i hope he 'll so as to enjoy his team defeat against us grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by princekevo(m): 7:20pm On Jan 11, 2010
ahmedzeyad:

ان شاء الله الفوز يكون من نصي مصر مصر

عظيمه يا مصر يا ارض النعم
مصر2 نيجيريا 0
Abegi this one wey Arabos dey invade NL, i hope we are safe? In fact i need to go get a Computatomic proof incase we are winning. Prevention they say is better Quiosk.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by tobi1994: 7:28pm On Jan 11, 2010
may GOD help them OOOOOOOOOOO
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Mannylex(m): 7:42pm On Jan 11, 2010
This ain't too good for us, news coming from Angola by a Journalist in the Super Eagles camp, says Osaze our best player is not completely fit, and won't be able to play in our opening match, against Egypt, I hope the match don't get critical, but if it does, we'll be missing the swiftness and flair of Osaze Odewingie, who in recent times, have helped in salvaging the team, during critical and almost impossible situations.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by mikeoscar: 7:58pm On Jan 11, 2010
Well as for Nigeria Vs Egypt match, Nigeria will carry the day, all things be equal.

That's the Problem my dear, look around, things are hadly equal starting from your own human anatomy cheesy.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 7:59pm On Jan 11, 2010
Nothing do them jooooooooo. . .   grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by mikeoscar: 8:03pm On Jan 11, 2010
Egypt 2  / Nigeria 1

Good luck to Egypt

@Egyptian f,
Goodluck is going no where, at least not now cos the President is still not back. haba, at least leave us with something.

Nigeria 2 : Egypt 0 = Goodluck stays (Amen!!) grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by willyspace(m): 8:47pm On Jan 11, 2010
The best result Egypt can get is a draw if we use this formation.
GK Enyeama
LB Echiejile
RCB Apam
LCB Shittu
RB Yobo
LDM Ayila
RDM Olofinjana
CM Mikel
LM Taiwo
RM Osaze
CF Martins

Formation; 4-5-1
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by hayzedutd(m): 10:08pm On Jan 11, 2010
Nigeria is going to win by a lone goal.Leave Amodu alone,he qualifies you to the world cup,what more do you want from him.All you that is yelling for Siasia to lead the eagles will be the one calling for his head during his time.Amodu need your support
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by mansmith(m): 10:13pm On Jan 11, 2010
i pray that Nigeria should win but my head tells me that Nigeria is a big losser
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by chyk91(m): 10:53pm On Jan 11, 2010
nigeria is losing 2-1
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by semid4lyfe(m): 12:15am On Jan 12, 2010
Has TB Joshua spoken? wink grin

Anyway, 9ja go win 2-0. No shaking!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by okizle(m): 12:45am On Jan 12, 2010
i will actually be dissappointed if 9ja wins
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by kaydee(m): 1:26am On Jan 12, 2010
Egypt will still trash Nigeria despite 3 of their key players missing.3-0
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Daboncrush(m): 2:57am On Jan 12, 2010
The Eagles might luckily win the match
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by nas00(m): 3:24am On Jan 12, 2010
No doubt, nigeria has got quality players.
Whether we win this competition or not will however depend a lot on the players' personal level of motivation, our coaching crew's shrewdness, match officiating factors and luck.
Meanwhile, i shall be able to comment on the team's chances only after watching d Egypt match today.

I predict nigeria wins 3-1 (From experience, 9ja must concede sha grin grin grin)
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by nas00(m): 3:31am On Jan 12, 2010
By the way, i heard Chinedu Ogbuke-Obasi was included in the squad at last.

Somebody pls tell me dis is true!

That chap is too much. cool kiss cool
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by asunaobi(m): 4:49am On Jan 12, 2010
hayzed_utd:

Nigeria is going to win by a lone goal.Leave Amodu alone,he qualifies you to the world cup,what more do you want from him.All you that is yelling for Siasia to lead the eagles will be the one calling for his head during his time.Amodu need your support

Amodu did not qualify us for world cup! Luck did. Well no comment yet for the match untill I watch them tomorrow to see if they have learnt their lessons. Anything short of clinical finishing at the goal, organised mid field and rugged defence is unacceptable.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Pharaohs: 6:31am On Jan 12, 2010

Nigeria is a good team , but Egypt won't find any problem to win tomorrow

Not just because egypt is better , but Nigeria was amazing team when yakini , amokashi , okosha , sunday , baba yaro was wearing

the green shirt , All current players i feel they don't care at all about nigeria and Nigerian people

Even we went angola without alot of famous players:

1- Muhammed abo trika:  and i think you know him alot  one of the best players in all africa history  cry

2- Muhammed barakat :
  the best egyptian player in last 2 years  wink

3- Amr Zaky:   All africa know this striker  angry

4- Mido  shocked

Beside all egyptians are upset after losing the chance to be in south africa this summer in the last minutes  undecided
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 7:32am On Jan 12, 2010
Motivation and determination is the KEY to this match!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by allboyz(m): 8:23am On Jan 12, 2010
naija must win o0o even though i dont want Amodu 4 S/A
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by HERO111: 9:19am On Jan 12, 2010
All of u tlking white coach or foreign coach, look it takes 3 things to achieve success in any tournament
1. the players must be good and focused
2. The coach must be good and serious.
3. The favour of God must be on the team.

If you like go and bring a foreing coach even from brazil the best football nation in the world with the highest pedigree in football coaching etc, if the boys are not good and the same time serioous, notin good will come out.
for the past 18 years or so, Nigeria has being moving from one foreign coach to the other with notin to show for it except for Westerhof. yet we know most countries doing well in football that are using their local coaches.
Somebody mentioned that as good as england is in football they still hired a foreign coach. Is that automatic success for them , we are all here we shall see where england will end up in this tournament. with all their foreign coach england will go no where far in this tournament. It goes beyond a foreign coach to win a football tournament. Lets support them first and watch.
Lets give amodu a chance to try and fail before we blame him and the team .
Thats my opinion .
share yours,
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by ayusco: 9:57am On Jan 12, 2010
so the d-day is here @last anyways i expect a good game of footie today with 2 differing styles. egypt will bring their usual cohesiveness and workrate while naija her physical play & some individual display. me thinks if we are going to get anything out of todays match then we need to be cautions like the way we played against tunisia in rades. yes this approach might be negative but we don't have to much outstanding talent in the middle of the park to dominate them(egyptians). for me this game has draw written allover it but if we nick a win hey bonus
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Marymos: 10:11am On Jan 12, 2010
All those calling for d employment of a foreign technical adviser are too fast to forget the past(Berti Vogts).My fear for Amodu is that he wont lost his job after the nation's cup.I had expected him to make some changes in his team most espicially the defence not withstanding we narrowly qualify for the worlld cup.I was higly disappointed with our team during the qualifying series.I still wish them th best becos Nigeria is my country.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by beninman1(m): 10:22am On Jan 12, 2010
Does anyone know what time match is on in UK time?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by scantee(m): 10:32am On Jan 12, 2010
Niaja 4 live we are winning with 2-nil mark it down.
up Naija!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by sherrify: 10:33am On Jan 12, 2010
can any one pls tell, what time the match will come up in  Nigerian time,
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by GTay(m): 10:47am On Jan 12, 2010
^^^ 5 P.M Naija Time  wink
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by kabola2009(m): 12:19pm On Jan 12, 2010
I saw this starting line up and am preparing for an hearth break. View it and post your comment. In goal will be Vincent Enyeama. In a 4-3-3 formation, Joseph Yobo will be in the central defence with Obinna Nwaneri. Mohammed Yusuf and Taye Taiwo will man the full back positions. The midfielders to play in front of them will be Yusuf Ayila, Mikel Obi and Dickson Etuhu.

The three attackers will be Chinedu Ogbuke Obasi, Yakubu Aiyegbeni and Kalu Uche who will have the special instruction to cover the left side of the striking role but to always fall deep

Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Kx: 12:27pm On Jan 12, 2010
I want this eagles to start on a winning note but
I dont know why i smell a 3.0 loss.
NFA says Osaze is suffering from sour throat,journalists says d guy is injured.
Can d FA lie its ways to win?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Lady Switched Off The TV At A Viewing Center & Got A Slap (Video) / Nigerian Onaolapo Pulls Pant Off After Commonwealth Win! / You Are A Shame To The World - Ighalo Blasts Nigerian Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.