Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,197 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:07 PM

African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) (43199 Views)

Poll: What's your prediction?

Nigeria wins: 63% (118 votes)
Egypt wins: 23% (44 votes)
Draw: 12% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 6:30pm On Jan 04, 2010
Eagles Land in Durban, Begin Training at Sharks Stadium

Nigeria’s glory seeking Super Eagles touched down in Durban in the early hours of yesterday and had a light work out at the ABSA Sharks Stadium to shake off jet lag. Sixteen players, including dropped Greg Etafia and Bnei Yehuda of Israel goalkeeper, Dele Aiyenugba who arrived in the afternoon set the Eagles camp at the four-star Riverside Hotel in business mood.

Camp sources revealed last night that Coach Shaibu Amodu and his wards are happy with the pre tournament arrangements for the team in Durban and are ready to reward the gesture with right results when Eagles open their campaign against the Pharaohs of Egypt on January 12 in Benguela.

“As I speak to you now, the players and officials who arrived South Africa in the early hours of today (Thursday) are in good mood. Even though they had a winding journey, having to fly in from Abuja to Lagos before boarding South Africa Airways to Johannesburg and then connect here, the players are in the kind of mood I have not seen in the boys for a long time,” revealed the top level NFF official who spoke on telephone last night.

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=163187
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by rasputinn(m): 10:52pm On Jan 04, 2010
They've played a friendly and it's good for gelling the team into a single unit.
However,I don't think it's right for Amodu to be playing Russian roulette with Chinedu obasi Ogbuke's inclusion in the squad as in my mind we have about two defenders too many in that squad
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 12:44pm On Jan 05, 2010
Nigeria, Zambia to meet Wednesday

Nigeria's Super Eagles and Zambia's Chipolopolo have reached an agreement to play a friendly ahead of the African Nations Cup starting next week in Angola.
The game will be played on Wednesday at the Absa Stadium in Durban, but will be played behind closed doors, as both sides look to fine-tune tactics for the competition.

Super Eagles media officer Idah Peterside and Football Association of Zambia President Kalusha Bwalya both confirmed the development late on Monday night, following a long meeting between both parties.

"We had a meeting and both sides have agreed to play the match," Peterside told KickOffNigeria.com.
"The game will be played behind closed doors at 4pm South African time in Durban. But both teams agreed that it will be behind closed doors."

Bwalya said that his side were excited about the prospect of playing the Super Eagles.

"Yes, it’s correct that we have come to an agreement about the friendly match. Chipolopolo are looking forward to Wednesday," he told KickOffNigeria.com.

Nigeria defeated Zambia, captained by Bwalya, in 1994 to lift the Africa Cup of Nations.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=13122
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by namdo(m): 12:28pm On Jan 06, 2010
Nigeria playing Egypt, tough but they are equally afraid of nigeria team even with the present crop of players Amodu have listed. With little luck we can get away with 2-1. cool grin i have to be patriot booou.

Amodu is trying at least 9ja did not lose a match during the qualifiers. I wish him and the team best of luck this time.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 3:56pm On Jan 06, 2010
rasputinn:

They've played a friendly and it's good for gelling the team into a single unit.
However,I don't think it's right for Amodu to be playing Russian roulette with Chinedu obasi Ogbuke's inclusion in the squad as in my mind we have about two defenders too many in that squad

Two defenders too many? shocked

I think it is the norm to take 8 defenders to tournaments.

LBs - TT and Echiejile (1 plays)
RBs - Muhammad and Odiah (1 plays)
CBs - Yobo, Shittu, Nwaneri and Apam (2 play)

Wetin dey?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by fm4real2k6(m): 5:49pm On Jan 06, 2010
Guys, i've got a good site i want to share with you, just go read, and have fu, its all about naija, and you'll love it, plz endeavour to leave a message ok
www.fmbaba..com
www.fmbaba.lefora.com

be waiting for your reponse
olfemi
[color=#006600][/color]
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by hollandis(f): 7:12am On Jan 07, 2010
Amodu will fumble and fall like a pack of cards
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by namdo(m): 1:48pm On Jan 07, 2010
Any news on the friendly with Zambia?
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by namdo(m): 2:29pm On Jan 07, 2010
OK.
Nigeria's Super Eagles were on Wednesday, held to a 0-0 draw by Zambia's Chipolopolo as both sides rounded up their preparations for this month's African Nations Cup in Angola.

Nigeria coach Shuaibu Amodu used the game to try out almost all the players he had in camp, although his starting line-up revealed precious little about what his intended line-up against Egypt will be in about a week's time.

By the second half, Amodu gradually changed the team, until virtually the entire eleven that started the game, had been taken off the park, leaving Obinna Nsofor as the only player to see out all 90 minutes.

It also means that all of the 24 players Amodu took to the Durban training camp, have seen some action and come through unscathed.

The game was played behind closed doors, at the Absa Stadium in Durban, South Africa.

Nigeria starting XI
Enyeama (Aiyenugba), Yusuf M (Odiah), Taiwo (Echiejile), Shittu (Yobo), Nwaneri (Apam), Etuhu (Ayila), Mikel (Kaita), Nsofor, Obasi (Eneramo), Yakubu (Kanu), Martins (Uche).

Colin Udoh(kickoffnigeria)

--------------------------------------------------------------

, and Eneramo played the game
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 9:23am On Jan 08, 2010
Nigeria’ll decide our fate – Egypt

Egypt‘s national team captain Ahmed Hassan believes the outcome of the Pharaohs‘ opening Africa Cup of Nations clash against Nigeria will set the tone for his side‘s chances during the rest of the tournament.

”Opening games are always very important,” the skipper told Modern Sport on Wednesday.

”Our match against Nigeria will show how we will perform in the following matches, just like the 2008 tournament.”

Two years ago, the Pharaohs secured an impressive 4-2 victory over Cameroun in their first game and went on to clinch a record-extending sixth Nations Cup title.

They begin the defence of their title against two-time winners Nigeria, who will also play in the World Cup later this year, on Tuesday in the Angolan city of Benguela.

”Nigeria is a strong team, but we are now familiar with all African teams,” Hassan said.

The veteran Ahli midfielder, who was voted the best player in the 2006 Nations Cup in Egypt, is set to make an eighth appearance at the biennial tournament, a record he will share with Cameroun defender Rigobert Song.

http://punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201001082264917
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by chyk91(m): 3:25am On Jan 09, 2010
unfortunately 4 naija, they are losing to egypt. naija looks like a team ready to fall. i just pity them.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by member30(m): 7:08am On Jan 09, 2010
هتموتى يا خضرا
you will die GREEN grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by ocosha: 7:48am On Jan 09, 2010
i know that egypt will win the match
because they have excellent players
and love their country
egypt will win the cup
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by LOOSER: 7:59am On Jan 09, 2010
I'm afraid of Egypt , their manager has a great (shanab) , his all (kofa) concentrate in that (shanab) sad

we will definitely lose 4-0 like cameroon and cod de voier cry

i have an Egyptian friend ,, he said to me that he (byra2sly shanbo , byl3bly 7wagbo) , OH MY GOD undecided we will LOSE cry
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by member30(m): 8:12am On Jan 09, 2010
I advise negirian old men and patients not to see this match because it will be real مجزرة  cry

Remember forever that Egypt could won negiria 7/3 grin grin grin grin
this maybe the time to beat our record tongue tongue

Egypt will تنفخ you shocked
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by ayusco: 8:21am On Jan 09, 2010
^^^looser arabic lettering & ocosha we respect ur team (egypt) but u guys are not the force u once were. so how r ur world cup preparations coming along? oops my bad i forgot YOU DID NOT QUALIFY so stop with the excessive boasts
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by gharbia: 8:23am On Jan 09, 2010
[color=#990000][/color]
[size=8pt]go west or go east egyptian team is the best
معاك يا الحمرة ديري حالة
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by gharbia: 8:29am On Jan 09, 2010
ayusco
all egypatian love nigria team we are have some fun here
you say that egyptian is not go to world cup
rember the same thing are made in 2002 angola go to world cup ang nigera are out
are it mean angola are better than nigera of course not
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by member30(m): 8:36am On Jan 09, 2010
coolيارجالة تعالو نعمل الحفلة هنا

ayusco

r u think your team have any history in football !!
if your team not qulify to worldcup u may be angry  angrybut if this team lose 7/3 u should Himself  shocked
we won africian cup 6 times before we r the masters of africian Continent grin

El-ahly egypt shit on يعنى علم على قفا اينيمباenyimba  and so egypt will do with your MIKIL team tongue
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by egyptawy: 8:44am On Jan 09, 2010
isa rby logybty kalefy
ra7 nehzmokom ya abna2 el samra
nygera2el
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by egyptawy: 8:46am On Jan 09, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin grin tongue shocked shocked shocked embarassed tongue tongue tongue grin grin grin grin

Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by rasputinn(m): 8:47am On Jan 09, 2010
The Eagles better come to the party,I don't care if they wobble and fumble through (in the words of Amodu)
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Deolaw: 8:49am On Jan 09, 2010
Mr ali arabian.super eagle are full of surprises.the hunger to win will laid upon eypte who we are meeting first.they(eygte) will be out of in the first round.
I wish nigerians to watch the match will joy and great hope.trust the players,manage the coach,join the fans,overlook the nff,terrify the opponent,, then the cup is ours, i swear
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Egyption: 8:50am On Jan 09, 2010
الاصتباحة هنا يا رجالة
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by gharbia: 8:51am On Jan 09, 2010
nigeria are very good men
like adel imam say in (the boy sayed Server)
they are very good o uncel
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Deolaw: 8:52am On Jan 09, 2010
Speak in english my dear egytian
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by AboTreka: 8:53am On Jan 09, 2010
شباب مصر , ليه بتعملوا كده؟
ده نوع من انواع التطفل على ناس فى منتداهم ومجتمعهم ,

لو عايزين تناقشوا ناقشوا بدون إستفزاز او معايرة

ليه عايزين تدوا الناس دول فكرة وحشة عن مصر والمصريين؟

احنا كلنا عارفين ان الافارقة عموما او البشرة السوداء بمعنى تانى ناس متحضرة فى معاملاتهم معانا ومفيش مشاكل بتحصل معانا ومعاهم عكس البربر من الشمال الأفريقى , ليه عايزين تعملوا عداوة ؟ تهريج ؟ بتهرجوا يعنى؟ والله اللى انتم بتعملوه ده بيجيب نتائج سيئة جداااا وكل فرد نيجيرى ممكن ياخد فكرة وحشة عن شباب مصر هيتكلم وهيقول لغيره وغيره والأفكار دى تنطبع عننا بمرور الوقت

Hello , Good morning
don't mind the Arabic words above , they are for the Egyptian members!!!

I am very pleased to share my thoughts in your forum ,
First of all i would like to apologize for the bad behavior which is taking place from some of the Egyptian members , I am sure that they are making some fun around , and i am very sure that they have that much of respect that you really deserve as a big and great country of all fields !

I wish to see a wonderful football match between both sides, and i believe that we gonna have a great match , which gather 2 of the great football international African team of all times ,

Have a great day  cool
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Egyption: 8:54am On Jan 09, 2010
my english so Bad but i will Try
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by egyptawy: 8:54am On Jan 09, 2010
طيب
عاملين ايه فى الجو ده
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by egyptawy: 8:56am On Jan 09, 2010
بالتوفيق للشقيقين
مصر ونيجيريا
grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Deolaw: 8:58am On Jan 09, 2010
@abo.i like you.the matches should not create bad relationship between us africans.the main competition is the world cup.help us to prepare

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Why Keeping John Obi Mikel Is Chelsea’s Best Transfer Move So Far This Summer / Senegal Vs Colombia: World Cup (0 - 1) On 28th June 2018 / South Africans Reactions After Keshi "Resignation"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.