Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:36 PM

African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) (43822 Views)

Poll: What's your prediction?

Nigeria wins: 63% (118 votes)
Egypt wins: 23% (44 votes)
Draw: 12% (24 votes)
This poll has ended

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Egypt Vs Nigeria AFCON Qualifier: 1 - 0 on 29th March 2016 / Sweden Vs Nigeria (3 - 3) Fifa Women's World Cup On 8th June, 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by omar22(m): 4:28pm On Dec 08, 2009
You are full of rubbish and not a particularly sharp individual as well.

If you think it is these conjectures I would accept as an argument and be debating at that level, then you must be mistaken.

The level I debate at requires some intellectual depth and aptitude for using facts. See my NL signature.

You sound like someone who grew up on Cow Milk!!!! you miss the chance to be breast-fed. See NL signature.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by mykali(m): 4:32pm On Dec 08, 2009
we'll decimate those Pharoahs.
they'll dread us more than they dread the name MOSES grin
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by omar22(m): 4:43pm On Dec 08, 2009
we'll decimate those Pharoahs.
they'll dread us more than they dread the name MOSES

why? I believe we have a player called Joseph who was sold to the Egyptians

we have Mikel (Michael) who is no Angel

we have John who is no follower
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Digbys(m): 5:39pm On Dec 09, 2009
i think Nigeria will do their best to win the match.
for more info visit www.bigbizwealth..com on the best foot baller of the year
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by galatico(m): 1:45pm On Dec 10, 2009
Sagamite:

Explain to me how on current form Egypt is better than Nigeria.

Right from the start of the qualifiers, the Eagles have been struggling, they didn't win convincingly, they won most of there match by luck, remember the match against Mozambique, Obinna Nsofor scored in additional time, God knows what would have happend if he didn't score that goal disaster.

The Egyptians are the African Champions, defeated everybody enroute to claiming the most coverted prize in the continent, they would be solely missed at the World Cup, they will win the group and God help the Nigerian team to qualify from the group, remember that these same Eagles struggling to qualify for the Quater-Finals of the last nations cup, and losing to the Ghanians, who had a man sent off. Pathetic!!!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by stede(m): 5:06pm On Dec 10, 2009
9ja go for gold
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 5:13pm On Dec 10, 2009
galatico:

Right from the start of the qualifiers, the Eagles have been struggling, they didn't win convincingly, they won most of there match by luck, remember the match against Mozambique, Obinna Nsofor scored in additional time, God knows what would have happend if he didn't score that goal disaster.

The Egyptians are the African Champions, defeated everybody enroute to claiming the most coverted prize in the continent, they would be solely missed at the World Cup, they will  win the group and God help the Nigerian team to qualify from the group, remember that these same Eagles struggling to qualify for the Quater-Finals of the last nations cup, and losing to the Ghanians, who had a man sent off. Pathetic!!!

Can you see where your likes fail in simple analysis?

You do not even have the basic competence of knowing what to compare.

You start by lamely comparing recent Nigeria's WCQs with Egypt's football 2 years ago, when Egypt also has a recent WCQs to compare with. Furthermore, you did not have the logic to even consider the whole qualifying process, instead your stuck to the part of the qualifiers that pleases your emotional rants.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, Nigeria started the first half qualifiers is FLYING colours beating ALL teams HOME and AWAY without barely conceding a goal. Egypt on the hand started the first half of the qualifiers losing their 3rd game to Malawi.

In the second half of qualifiers, Nigeria STILL did NOT lose a single match and qualified, Egypt on the other hand lost a match AGAIN that led to a play-off, and then lost the play-off and did not qualify.

So how did you come with the crap that Egpyt has better form? Some of you lack logical brains and it is annoying!!!
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by daniellle(f): 10:23pm On Dec 10, 2009
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by yousouph(m): 5:41am On Dec 12, 2009
Football is not MATHEMATICS jare. Losing to minnows or unbeaten runs will not decide who wins on the day. Both countries have good players but Egypt play with more cohesion than NAIJA. On the day a mistake can win it for either side. Hopefully, the players will makes NAIJA proud in Angola.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by ayusco: 10:12am On Dec 12, 2009
well the egyptians are a cohesive unit but their recent heartbreak of not qualifying for the world cup might still be telling on them so we can hit them now that they are down. however something tells me the match will end in a draw.

@sagamite guy easy! yes i know it can be exasperating when people refuse to be objective but just continue to win them over with superior arguments rather than descend to insults and name calling ok. keep up the good analysis cool

@amodu critics first of all i'm not an amodu fan but for goodness sake the man has qualified us(twice) without losing a match. love him or hate him he's our own and needs support and constructive criticism not armchair calls for a foreign coach(loads of whom failed to qualify other countries). so if u feel amodu must go please tell us a coach who in this short period can turn our team into world beaters taking into consideration our current crop of players, style of play, operating environment etc. no one has a monopoly of knowledge so i'm waiting to be educated
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 12, 2009
The match will be a tough one:: but I hope 9ja win
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by lilsage1: 11:01am On Dec 14, 2009
i think naija will win the game. with 2-0
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by adebayo201: 6:47pm On Dec 15, 2009
eagles go klinch this one only if they are . . . cry cry
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 16, 2009
nigeria have a chance, they will be getting ready for the world cup, so probably because of the training for the cup, they may play exceptionally well, remeber when ghana came from the world cup?? the flogged us (nigeria) 4-1 in london, maybe nigeria can do the same, after all there is no reason for them to lose

see my predictions
|
|
|
V
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 11:58am On Dec 18, 2009
Ibenegbu vows to glamourise Eagles

Ikechukwu Ibenegbu has promised that he will not only break into the Super Eagles final 23 to next month's Africa Cup of Nations, but will 'bring glamour' to the team's much-maligned midfield.

"I believe I am one of the best creative midfielders in the League and I am sure I will make the team to the Nations Cup because I will bring glamour and creativity to the midfield that people have been talking about," he told KickOffNigeria.com.

Ibenegbu and Bayelsa United goalkeeper Bassey Akpan were late and somewhat surprise home-based inclusions into the list of 32 released by Nigeria coach Shuaibu Amodu this week after pressure from the NFF, but the creative midfielder says the call-up came as no surprise.

"It was not a surprise to me. When I heard that they were going to invite home-based players, I knew my name would be there because I believe I am one of the best players in the League."

Amodu said on Wednesday that time was too short for any of the local players would make the final squad, but Ibenegbu says he is confident of gate-crashing the party.

"I believe in myself and I know that I am not going there to be a training material, but to make the team."

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=12910
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Sagamite(m): 12:02pm On Dec 18, 2009
FBS:

Ibenegbu vows to glamourise Eagles

Ikechukwu Ibenegbu has promised that he will not only break into the Super Eagles final 23 to next month's Africa Cup of Nations, but will 'bring glamour' to the team's much-maligned midfield.

"I believe I am one of the best creative midfielders in the League and I am sure I will make the team to the Nations Cup because I will bring glamour and creativity to the midfield that people have been talking about," he told KickOffNigeria.com.

Ibenegbu and Bayelsa United goalkeeper Bassey Akpan were late and somewhat surprise home-based inclusions into the list of 32 released by Nigeria coach Shuaibu Amodu this week after pressure from the NFF, but the creative midfielder says the call-up came as no surprise.

"It was not a surprise to me. When I heard that they were going to invite home-based players, I knew my name would be there because I believe I am one of the best players in the League."

Amodu said on Wednesday that time was too short for any of the local players would make the final squad, but Ibenegbu says he is confident of gate-crashing the party.

"I believe in myself and I know that I am not going there to be a training material, but to make the team."

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=12910

I love such confidence. Bless him.

Hope he makes it and does the job.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by mamagee3(f): 10:26pm On Dec 22, 2009
I'll be watching that match. tongue
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by Iyke4Real(m): 10:42pm On Dec 24, 2009
As Nigerians, we are only hoping that the best happens. I still do not think that Amodu will take Ibenegbu to Angola. I believe Amodu will not want to drop any of the players that qualified Nigeria for the tournament. You cannot disband a winning team(at least we qualified with 9 wins and three draws). The Ibenegnu will have to be exceptional before he can be in the 23-man squad for Angola. Considering the fact that Amodu was forced to include him in the 32-man list, they might as well force him to include him in the squad heading to Angola. I love his confidence but it might not be in his ability but in Godfathers. I sometimes criticise Amodu but I think we should realise that football is about results. We should give him a chance to finish what he has started(at least till after the nations cup). UP NAIJA. WE WILL COME OUT VICTORIOUS.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 7:31am On Dec 28, 2009
Angola 2010! We are getting closer. . .
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 10:28am On Dec 28, 2009
Jonathan to dine with Eagles

Vice-president Goodluck Jonathan is expected to be the chief guest of honour at Monday’s Appreciation Dinner for the Super Eagles being organised by the Nigeria Football Federation.

The event is billed to take place at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel in Abuja on Monday night.

Also in line to share tables and cutlery with the Super Eagles are senate-president David Mark and the Speaker of the House of Representatives, Honourable Dimeji Bankole.

“This Appreciation Dinner is being held in honour of the Super Eagles for the great honour they done the country through their qualification for the African Cup of Nations and the World Cup finals. When you appreciate people, they feel great and are ready to even do more the next time.

“We are hoping the players and technical crew will feel motivated by this show of love by all Nigerians as they look ahead to very important competitions in the coming year,” chairman of the Committee set up by the NFF to organise the Dinner, Barrister Musa Amadu, said at the weekend.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=13003
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 10:36am On Dec 28, 2009
Eagles to leave on Wednesday

Nigeria’s national team will fly out of the country for their pre-Nations Cup training camp in Durban on Wednesday.

Most of the players are already in the country and will be at Monday’s Appreciation Dinner being staged in their honour by the Nigeria Football Federation.

Head coach Shaibu Amodu has called up 32 players who will do battle for the 23 slots available for the tournament that will take place in Angola 10-31 January.

The squad will camp at the Riverside Hotel and Spa near Durban and will be there for eight days before flying to Luanda and on to Benguela for their Group C campaign of Africa’s most prestigious football championship.

The Eagles play Cup holders Egypt in their first session on January 12, before taking on Benin Republic on January 16.

The team will then travel to Lubango for their final Group C tie against the Mambas of Mozambique on January 20.

THE FULL SQUAD

Goalkeepers: Vincent Enyeama, Bamidele Aiyenugba, Austin Ejide, Greg Etafia, Bassey Akpan

Defenders: Taye Taiwo, Joseph Yobo, Elderson Echiejile, Ayodele Adeleye, Danny Shittu, Obinna Nwaneri, Onyekachi Apam, Chidi Odiah, Chibuzor Okonkwo, Yusuf Mohammed, Olubayo Adefemi

Midfielders: Dickson Etuhu, Sani Kaita, Bartholomew Ibenegbu, Oluwaseyi Olofinjana, Mikel Obi, Nwankwo Kanu, Yusuf Ayila, Kalu Uche, Olufemi Ajilore

Strikers: Osaze Odemwingie, Obafemi Martins, Chinedu Obasi, Michael Eneramo, Joseph Akpala, Yakubu Aiyegbeni, Obinna Nsofor

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=13004
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by rasputinn(m): 8:38pm On Dec 30, 2009
Heard Mohammed Abu Terika will miss the game agianst Nigeria due to injury,I wonder if our SE can take advantage of the absence of that Egyptian maestro to inflict maximum damage on the Pharaohs
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 10:38am On Dec 31, 2009
With the right players/formation/ frame of mind we can crush any opponent but if I understand correctly, we are going into this tourney without a recognised MF.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by rasputinn(m): 7:55am On Jan 01, 2010
FBS:

With the right players/formation/ frame of mind we can crush any opponent but if I understand correctly, we are going into this tourney without a recognised MF.

Amodu will "wobble and fumble through it all" my friend
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 11:49am On Jan 01, 2010
Happy New Year to everyone!!! cheesy
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by ken20(m): 4:52pm On Jan 01, 2010
Dear FBS, I actually agree with u. Your analyses are right.
Cheers
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by paddyboi: 11:11pm On Jan 01, 2010
why do nigerians love to argue
football aint mathematics. . .just lay back relax and enjoy the tournament
if we get out of the group stages,then we become unstopable
as the eagles are known to get better as a tourney progresses
11 days to kick off. . .lets see what happens
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 11:22pm On Jan 01, 2010
^^^ Agreed but we should at the same time remember that there are push-overs in football anymore!

@Ken20, I see you bro! wink
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by FBS: 11:45pm On Jan 01, 2010
Nigeria still to decide on Martins for Afcon

Nigeria will decide on the fitness of striker Obafemi Martins by the end of Friday before finalising their squad for the Orange Africa Cup of Nations finals, the Nigerian Football Federation said.

Martins was being examined by Nigerian medical staff in Durban to determine the extent of his recovery after surgery on a shin injury picked up in November while playing for his German club VfL Wolfsburg.

If he was not considered fit to make the 23-man squad, he would be replaced by Chinedu Obasi of German club Hoffenheim, Nigerian press reports said.

World Cup finalists Nigeria face Benin, Mozambique and defending champions Egypt in Group C in the tournament in Angola, which starts on Sunday.

http://supersport.co.za/football/article.aspx?headline=Nigeria%20still%20to%20decide%20on%20Martins%20for%20Afcon&id=328118
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by princekevo(m): 5:20am On Jan 02, 2010
FBS:

I hear bro, For Almost 2year now Amodu have coached SE he has been unable to breed up a potential midfielder.
Infact i already gave up this nations cup, if they get of first stage or 2nd stages it wouldnt pain me. Thesame pattern of game they played last nations cup they got beaten by Ghana is the same thing we should be expecting. Already Amodu told us not to expect much from him, so i pitty those who still set their expectation on high, after such warning from our dear coach.
Re: African Nations Cup: Egypt Vs Nigeria - (3-1) by urfriend(m): 9:40am On Jan 04, 2010
Super Eagles: The Search For Glory!!!

It’s the Year 2010 and the Super Eagles of NIGERIA will have their hands full when they go in search of Glory. First up will be the 2010 African Cup of Nations which kicks off in the Southern African nation of Angola from January 10-31.

Though, the Tunisia ‘94 Nations Cup champions were not seeded in their group, they are one of the favoured teams to lift the trophy in Angola. It can be recalled that the Berti Vogts-tutoured Super Eagles were bundled out in the quarter-finals by the Black Stars of Ghana who hosted the last edition of the tournament.

In this years tournament their task has been made even more difficult as they have been drawn in the same group as 2 time defending champions, The Pharaohs of Egypt. The Super Eagles will have to cross the hurdles of the dreaded Egyptians in the Group’s opening game.
EGYPT VS NIGERIA
Match Time: 4pm 
Match Date: 01-12-2010
Match Venue: Complexo da Sr. da Graça [Benguela]

READ MORE AT http://www.myhimagazine.com/?p=83

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (38) (Reply)

Antonio Conte Challenges Lautaro Martinez To A Boxing Bout - Lukaku Officiates / Lateef Omidiji Jr Dropped From AFCON Squad, He Reacts / 10 Nigerian Athletes Banned From Tokyo Olympics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.