Stats: 3,194,134 members, 7,953,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 05:32 PM

Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) (29294 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo 2004 Vs 2017 Photos: See Transformation / Exclusive Pictures From The Lagos Marathon 2017 / I Will Love To Marry Nigerian - Rhoda Jepkhorir Who Won Lagos Marathon 2017 (2) (3) (4)

Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by linearity: 2:09pm On Feb 11, 2017
O boy! Look recession for the guy wey win first place body.

The guy need the cash no bi small.
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by kimond101: 2:11pm On Feb 11, 2017
linearity:

Is this for real? Why the prize disparity between a Nigerian and Non Nigerian constant? E.g. For first prize a Non Nigerian take home $50,000 is more than N25m and they are giving a Nigerian a merger 1m?

Also, why is the prize money in dollars? Why boy Naira?

It's an international competition.
If a Nigerian came first overall he would be given the 50k dollars
But to encourage Nigerian participants that's why there's a section for Nigerians only

Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by Incrizz(f): 2:32pm On Feb 11, 2017
Flyingngel:
Who yoke Nigerian with this cheetah of a person.
Yoke!??
Lol... cheesy
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by Hbuyosh(m): 2:36pm On Feb 11, 2017
unclezuma:

Really?
LOL! Nope, our football isnt worth writing home about. But recently your perfomance has been dwindling. I cldnt believe that u even missed the Afcon games.
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by Nobody: 2:38pm On Feb 11, 2017
Hbuyosh:
LOL! Nope, our football isnt worth writing home about. But recently your perfomance has been dwindling. I cldnt believe that u even missed the Afcon games.

And Kenya won the World Cricket Bla bla ... Dude just let it rest already...

Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by JayJustus(m): 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2017
focus7:
The Lagos State government should stop the foreigners from participating henceforth, a clause that the tournament is strictly for the citizens should be placed, asap.

We can't have people here who are suffering and need government assistance by any means and some foreigners we now migrate here for the purpose of hijacking their opportunity every year because they have some super skill. He should take the $100,000 he has made and establish a business or return back to his country.

$100,000 in this economy is big relief someone.

the race is for everybody regardless of nationality... throughout my stay in Malaysia and Singapore it was always Kenyans winning the race...even the ones held in Hong Kong..most of em run marathons as a source of living...also it's a good thing as it brings foreign exchange and tourists into the country..okay,thanks,bye

Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by fortuneobi(m): 2:49pm On Feb 11, 2017
Never surprised..... When only their natural resources is winning marathon races
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 11, 2017
focus7:
The Lagos State government should stop the foreigners from participating henceforth, a clause that the tournament is strictly for the citizens should be placed, asap.

We can't have people here who are suffering and need government assistance by any means and some foreigners we now migrate here for the purpose of hijacking their opportunity every year because they have some super skill. He should take the $100,000 he has made and establish a business or return back to his country.

$100,000 in this economy is big relief someone.

It doesn't matter. He trained for it. Nigerians are also in other countries searching for greener pastures.

Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by Hbuyosh(m): 3:08pm On Feb 11, 2017
unclezuma:

And Kenya won the World Cricket Bla bla ... Dude just let it rest already...
Okay.....
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by focus7: 3:12pm On Feb 11, 2017
Weselion:

It doesn't matter. He trained for it. Nigerians are also in other countries searching for greener pastures.
I concur.

Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by ketkoko2: 3:19pm On Feb 11, 2017
I am happy for him, Congratulations.
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by Emeskhalifa(m): 3:36pm On Feb 11, 2017
unclezuma:

Nigerians be like "This is one fight we can't win...see you on the football pitch Kenyans".

Abeq wch film was that picture from, i just need to watch it
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 3:41pm On Feb 11, 2017
pwettyesther:
undecidedI knew it
lol.... Same here.... I just dey look all of them
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by Nobody: 3:43pm On Feb 11, 2017
Emeskhalifa:

Abeq wch film was that picture from, i just need to watch it

Hot Fuzz
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 4:12pm On Feb 11, 2017
Na dem... I knew it.
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by samwise180(m): 4:17pm On Feb 11, 2017
Nigeria need to learn from Kenya in term of Race. Who want to run my race?
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by Awqeyriovd(f): 4:48pm On Feb 11, 2017
Omagago:
Is he related to IG of Police?? The name though
komo
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 11, 2017
All these Kenyans wey dem dey use leg pursue guinea fowl for Bush...na dem u na wan compete? Be mumuing and be going o
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by Dareomo(m): 5:36pm On Feb 11, 2017
So painful, Kenyans carry 1st to 4th, all the money going to Kenya. Let every other state in Nigeria emulate this, by the time we have nigerians running marathon like 7times a year, they will also compete effectively with the Kenyans.
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by geekybabe(f): 5:38pm On Feb 11, 2017
My question is why they keep allowing kenyans or foreigners to participate. In other countries they would never allow foreigners to do things like this. Does he keep flying in for the competition? Or does he have a valid permit to live here? I sincerely doubt it.
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by bigerboy200: 6:22pm On Feb 11, 2017
geekybabe:
My question is why they keep allowing kenyans or foreigners to participate. In other countries they would never allow foreigners to do things like this. Does he keep flying in for the competition? Or does he have a valid permit to live here? I sincerely doubt it.
The lagos marathon race (just like many IAAF label races) is an international competition with the aim of attracting the best marathon runners around the world..to encourage Nigerians participating, a different category of prizes were handed out to the best Nigerian finishers in d event..

Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by fairheven: 6:55pm On Feb 11, 2017
How are we sure he is not on drugs?
Kenyans and Russian have been found to be on government sponsored high doping
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by MtuMsuper: 8:00pm On Feb 11, 2017
fairheven:
How are we sure he is not on drugs?
Kenyans and Russian have been found to be on government sponsored high doping
The Russian case is without doubt beyond reasonable proof. Prove the Kenyan allegation. Else I call you a bitter bit*h.
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 8:58pm On Feb 11, 2017
ghettowriter:
And why do they allow Kenyans to participate huhn

.those guys are on difficult mode by default, while most people contending are just amateurs

Its to boost the commercial value of the marathon .. These same Kenyans dominate the Boston marathon , London marathon , Dublin marathon just name it they'll show up and win easy .

Like you said they are on difficult more by default

Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by dimeji1(m): 9:23pm On Feb 11, 2017
The reason they are winning is simple. Kenya lives on hill, high altitude, so they have little supply of oxygen. They are use to it.. .so when running they do not need too much of oxygen to breath like Nigerian in tropical region. If we want to win we need to go Jos to train. We need to adapt our body to people living around that region.
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by Namady(m): 10:38pm On Feb 11, 2017
WILLYBABS:
My neighbour's daughter bears Mummy, wen i want to call my neighbour, i dnt know whether to call her MUMMY'S MOM, MUMMY MUMMY, MUMMY'S MOTHER OR MAMA MUMMY
Call her "Mama_mummy or Iya_mummy" African way grin

Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by fairheven: 2:19pm On Feb 12, 2017
MtuMsuper:

The Russian case is without doubt beyond reasonable proof. Prove the Kenyan allegation. Else I call you a bitter bit*h.

get lost!
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by God2man(m): 5:25pm On Feb 12, 2017
dimeji1:
The reason they are winning is simple. Kenya lives on hill, high altitude, so they have little supply of oxygen. They are use to it.. .so when running they do not need too much of oxygen to breath like Nigerian in tropical region. If we want to win we need to go Jos to train. We need to adapt our body to people living around that region.

Endurance
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by MtuMsuper: 6:15pm On Feb 12, 2017
fairheven:

get lost!
my query to you is simple. Back up your ridiculous drug doping claim and also that its govt sponsored. Am all on over you now.
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by MtuMsuper: 6:17pm On Feb 12, 2017
Dareomo:
So painful, Kenyans carry 1st to 4th, all the money going to Kenya. Let every other state in Nigeria emulate this, by the time we have nigerians running marathon like 7times a year, they will also compete effectively with the Kenyans.
in your dreams, rotflmao!!
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by MtuMsuper: 6:21pm On Feb 12, 2017
dimeji1:
Half right is not full wrong And half wrong never made it to full right either. Nigerians, if you want to succeed in anything be it relationships, career, sports or religion, you have to train HAAAARDDDDD!!!! Sports is not for pussies!!

U20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria 3 : 1 Canada (Highlights) / Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner / Nigeria's U23 Olympic Team Back In Nigeria