Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,274 members, 7,954,079 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:59 AM

Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) (29296 Views)

Cristiano Ronaldo 2004 Vs 2017 Photos: See Transformation / Exclusive Pictures From The Lagos Marathon 2017 / I Will Love To Marry Nigerian - Rhoda Jepkhorir Who Won Lagos Marathon 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by MtuMsuper: 6:22pm On Feb 12, 2017
dimeji1:
The reason they are winning is simple. Kenya lives on hill, high altitude, so they have little supply of oxygen. They are use to it.. .so when running they do not need too much of oxygen to breath like Nigerian in tropical region. If we want to win we need to go Jos to train. We need to adapt our body to people living around that region.
Half right is not full wrong And half wrong never made it to full right either. Nigerians, if you want to succeed in anything be it relationships, career, sports or religion, you have to train HAAAARDDDDD!!!! Sports is not for pussies!!
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by MtuMsuper: 6:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
geekybabe:
My question is why they keep allowing kenyans or foreigners to participate. In other countries they would never allow foreigners to do things like this. Does he keep flying in for the competition? Or does he have a valid permit to live here? I sincerely doubt it.
The man registered from Kenya, flew in and won. Finished. Easy $ 50,000. Then he went back home like pronto. Kenyans winning every marathon from Tokyo to New York. E pain you? Deal with it!!
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by Onyinye15(f): 5:28pm On Feb 13, 2017
congrats to him

imagine i was still on 3RD Mainland bridge when the winner was announced

kai........

i wont participate again
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by linearity: 12:24am On Feb 14, 2017
kimond101:

It's an international competition.
If a Nigerian came first overall he would be given the 50k dollars
But to encourage Nigerian participants that's why there's a section for Nigerians only

If I read you correctly, it means; if a Nigerian is an overall first, he/she get $50k plus N25m; but if he/she is not overall first, but first among all Nigerian contestants, they get N25m?
Re: Kenyan Abraham Kipton Wins Lagos City Marathon 2017 (Photos) by kimond101: 4:58am On Feb 14, 2017
linearity:

If I read you correctly, it means; if a Nigerian is an overall first, he/she get $50k plus N25m; but if he/she is not overall first, but first among all Nigerian contestants, they get N25m?

First nigerian gets 1 million even if his overall position is 35th. But if a nigerian came first overall he gets $50k and N1m.
Check the attached table in comment page 1.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chelsea Confirm Signing Of Timo Werner / Nigeria's U23 Olympic Team Back In Nigeria / U20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria 3 : 1 Canada (Highlights)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.