Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,035 members, 7,814,529 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. - Religion (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. (43818 Views)

Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) / Man Withdraws Support For Apostle Suleman After Alleged New Evidence Emerges / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Here you go
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy

Wikipedia can go one way or another in terms of reliability. I just looked at a 2015 chart (not Wiki) that listed Monaco as the country with the highest life expectancy rate @ 89.2. Japan was second. The other threr were Asian countries....and the lowest was Chad @ 49.2.
If you look through a purely secular lense, you have to look at several factors:
Environment, lifestyle, healthcare, diet etc.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CatfishBilly: 10:42pm On Mar 16, 2017
MZLady39:

Wikipedia can go one way or another in terms of reliability. I just looked at a 2015 chart (not Wiki) that listed Monaco as the country with the highest life expectancy rate @ 89.2. Japan was second. The other threr were Asian countries....and the lowest was Chad @ 49.2.
If you look through a purely secular lense, you have to look at several factors:
Environment, lifestyle, healthcare, diet etc.
The status of Monaco as a country is a bit dicey, that's why majority of media firms don't capture them. They are grouped with France., So, obviously, the source Wikipedia got the article from doesn't consider Monaco as a country.
I'll let you and random conclude.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Image123(m): 11:15pm On Mar 16, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Ingrained in the scriptures you say, I.e. the Bible.
Japanese are not Christians, so obviously don't read the Bible. So, how did they come about these principles of health?

Uneducated people respond to and observe principles and laws, e.g law of gravity. You don't need to study it or read principles before they work.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Image123(m): 11:23pm On Mar 16, 2017
randomperson:

You're not addressing the issue, this is logic and common sense...
You say many Christians get healed even today, then logically countries with many Christians should have lower mortality rates than those with insignificant numbers of Christians... Why is the opposite the case

You again failed to state what was untrue but would rather jump helter skelter. The issue is that Jesus never promised lower mortality rates, so why do you think it's logical for Christians to have what they were not promised?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by randomperson: 12:59am On Mar 17, 2017
Image123:

You again failed to state what was untrue but would rather jump helter skelter. The issue is that Jesus never promised lower mortality rates, so why do you think it's logical for Christians to have what they were not promised?
Are you kidding me? The bible says by his stripes, you are healed .. You also claim that many Christians get healed... In what world wouldn't that reflect on mortality rate... If more people get healed then logically there will be a lower mortality rate...
Are you sure you know the meaning of mortality rate?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by randomperson: 1:08am On Mar 17, 2017
MZLady39:

Let me the see stats Sir Random...
You want me to spoon feed you?? Aiite...
Japan has a Christian population of 2.3% and a life expectancy of 83.7.
Zambia has a Christian population of 85.5% and a life expectancy of 61.8%
Explain the discrepancy
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Image123(m): 1:01pm On Mar 17, 2017
randomperson:

Are you kidding me? The bible says by his stripes, you are healed .. You also claim that many Christians get healed... In what world wouldn't that reflect on mortality rate... If more people get healed then logically there will be a lower mortality rate...
Are you sure you know the meaning of mortality rate?

Perhaps you are mixing up the meaning. Mortality/Death rates is different from being healed. Healed people also die, duh. And not all death are as a result of sickness, that's by the way. Mortality rates is judged by annual number of deaths per a selected number of persons. Be logical please.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by randomperson: 1:10pm On Mar 17, 2017
Image123:

Perhaps you are mixing up the meaning. Mortality/Death rates is different from being healed. Healed people also die, duh. And not all death are as a result of sickness, that's by the way. Mortality rates is judged by annual number of deaths per a selected number of persons. Be logical please.
Are you just feigning ignorance or is this for real??
Sickness and injuries are part of the major causes of death. If God heals many people of sickness and injuries, then deaths will decrease, right? So if a country has many Christians who are healed by Jesus then logically there should be a marginal reduction in the rate of deaths, thereby reducing mortality rate as compared to countries without Christians..
Get it now??
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Image123(m): 1:41pm On Mar 17, 2017
randomperson:

Are you just feigning ignorance or is this for real??
Sickness and injuries are part of the major causes of death. If God heals many people of sickness and injuries, then deaths will decrease, right? So if a country has many Christians who are healed by Jesus then logically there should be a marginal reduction in the rate of deaths, thereby reducing mortality rate as compared to countries without Christians..
Get it now??

No, a 17% mortality rate may have been 20%. Get it now?
There's a lot of fallacy, presumption and wrong thought in your post that further detract and rambled from the discussion. Nonetheless, the first line of this reply should be eureka for you.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by randomperson: 2:04pm On Mar 17, 2017
Image123:

[b]No, a 17% mortality rate may have been 20%. [/b]Get it now?
There's a lot of fallacy, presumption and wrong thought in your post that further detract and rambled from the discussion. Nonetheless, the first line of this reply should be eureka for you.
Explain that line
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Image123(m): 2:37pm On Mar 17, 2017
randomperson:

Explain that line

A 17% mortality rate may have been 20% but for God. How hard is that to explain?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 4:17pm On Mar 17, 2017
randomperson:

You want me to spoon feed you?? Aiite...
Japan has a Christian population of 2.3% and a life expectancy of 83.7.
Zambia has a Christian population of 85.5% and a life expectancy of 61.8%
Explain the discrepancy

No sir...please don't spoon feed me. I'm not a baby.
Although I don't see the citation for the stats...I think I already answered the discrepancies. You just like debates.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by randomperson: 10:28am On Mar 18, 2017
Image123:

A 17% mortality rate may have been 20% but for God. How hard is that to explain?
Really that's your argument. That's arguing from ignorance now...
Statistics is a straight forward concept... Bring two different countries, one dominated by Christians other nonreligious. If Jesus truly heals many of his followers, then logically, people should die less frequently in the country dominated by Christians... It's straight forward
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by randomperson: 10:32am On Mar 18, 2017
MZLady39:

No sir...please don't spoon feed me. I'm not a baby.
Although I don't see the citation for the stats...I think I already answered the discrepancies. You just like debates.
U asked for stats, I provided the stats. And you still cannot make the connection?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Image123(m): 11:45pm On Mar 19, 2017
randomperson:

Really that's your argument. That's arguing from ignorance now...
Statistics is a straight forward concept... Bring two different countries, one dominated by Christians other nonreligious. If Jesus truly heals many of his followers, then logically, people should die less frequently in the country dominated by Christians... It's straight forward

It's not an argument, it's simply what you refuse and hope never to consider. There's no such thing as a statistic for number of Christians. Christianity is not just religion, neither are religious people necessarily christian. What is straight forward is that sickness is not the only cause of death, so how reasonable is it to zero one's mind to such assumption?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CatfishBilly: 3:55pm On Apr 19, 2017
Bump
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by robosky02(m): 5:22pm On Jun 13, 2017
CatfishBilly:
The first case really shook my faith and set me towards the path that I'm on right now.

A baby boy was brought, not up to one year old, unconscious. He had cerebral malaria and overwhelming sepsis. His case was a bad one. We admitted and started therapy.

He got better slightly, then, one day, he just got worse. This was the only child of the parents. His mother prayed from the afternoon non stop. Towards the evening, she was so weak she couldn't stand or talk, another mother in the ward had to come and help her with her prayers. She prayed till 9pm when the baby died. This was after approximately 8 hours of non stop praying. This really shook me. I asked myself, what kind of creator would watch his creation pray to him for that long with just one prayer request and refuse to grant it.

That was the beginning of my journey.

journey to atheism I guess

but you are wrong
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Challspace(m): 1:56pm On Jul 14, 2017
I just want to add an experience of mine and why I hate the idea of Christianity and religion.

I attend Babcock University, Ilishan-Remo, Ogun State. I just finished my third year of Computer Science and will resume my final year by September. We usually have a ten day spiritual program termed "Week of Spiritual Emphasis", where we're forced to go for church services morning and evening for the duration of the program.

During the last one held early this year, I heard a particular testimony that made me question where religious people usually keep their brain and consciences when in church.

A young man aged twenty-one, came up to the stage and gave this testimony.

I was in a bus, travelling from my home to Delta State. It was a 17-seater bus and it was fully occupied. During the journey, our driver tried to overtake a Luxurious bus without looking. He drove into oncoming traffic and our bus somersaulted and plummeted into a ditch. Out of the 17 people on that bus, I was the only survivor. Its God's miracle. Praise the Lord!

A loud chorus of cheers

I said out of the 17 people on that bus, I was the only survivor!! Praise the living God!!!

An even louder chorus of cheers and a standing ovation.

At this point, I was in tears. I just kept thinking of the SIXTEEN lives that were lost. I thought of the whole family that was wiped off in the crash. I thought of the father of five, the sole breadwinner of his family that lost his life in the crash. I thought of the little kids in this bus that didn't get a chance at life.

My friend saw me and asked what the problem was. After I explained how heartless and selfish Christians could be, he sat down and has never step foot in another church again.

My point, it is really sad when people lose their humanity in search of God. Its okay that you're happy at surviving an accident. But don't rub it in our faces, because for all you know, someone in the audience might have lost a friend or family in that crash. So I went up to the testifier after service and asked a simple question;

If a member or members of your family had lost their lives in that accident, would you climb that stage and proclaim it a miracle?

My question was met with a blank stare.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by dHumanist: 10:59pm On Feb 13, 2018
Science does not claim to have the answer to every problem or question bordering the human mind. Only religion does that but reality is there to guide anyone who embraces rationality. But undoubtedly, science has yielded the nearest approximation to the true nature of reality compared to other methods, especially religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CAPSLOCKED: 6:51pm On May 29, 2018
Lagusta:

prayer can never miraculously cure cancer, or diabetes, or HIV, or sickle cell disease....

I'VE HEARD THIS FROM A LOT OF "GOD-FEARING" DOCTORS AND NURSES.

ME: IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE THESE THINGS CAN BE MIRACULOUSLY CURED WHY THEN DO YOU BELIEVE AND SERVE HIM? IS THIS NOT AN EVIDENCE FOR YOUR LACK OF FAITH IN YOUR CREATOR? AND YET YOU JUDGE ME FOR NOT FOLLOWING YOU TO CHURCH.

DOCTORS/NURSES:

DOCTORS/NURSES: WHAT I KNOW IS THAT THERE'S A LIVING GOD UP THERE, YOU BETTER CHANGE BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE FOR YOU ON THE LAST DAY.

ME: BUT YOU SINCERELY DOUBT THAT IT'S POSSIBLE FOR CERTAIN THINGS TO BE MIRACULOUSLY FIXED.. BY GOD HIMSELF?

DOCTORS/NURSES: YES.

ME:

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 8:41am On Jul 15, 2020
larrybee2017:

I pity you but all I can do is pray for you and people like you. One day sooner you will all wake up, face to face with one word 'reality'. Hope it won't be too late by then

Chaiiiiii.....you can as well pray for me grin

But I hope it won't be late when you get there and discover that AMADIOHA or Ogun or Sango is the true god
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 15, 2020
hopefulLandlord:
you're better off praying for starving kids, those that have lost their jobs this recession, those who don't know where the next meal is coming from, those that are dying daily of cancer, also pray for amputees to have their legs grow back

forget about people like us who've seen your god and religion for the scam that they are

That's one thing about me..

When they feel like they can pray me out....

I don't care about their God, even he is alive I don't give a Bleep

If he wants to prove himself, he should heal all those sick.and amputated people...he should end the wars...etc....
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 8:46am On Jul 15, 2020
larrybee2017:

You think miracle is for show? Think twice man. The fact that you have not had what you call encounter does not make Him anything less than God. You choose to belief he doesn't while others belief He does, but one thing you need to know is this, your breath explain His existence in grand style,with time you will understand me.
The day science will recreate and give life then you proof me wrong. However hell is real and so is heaven,you make a choice with what you choice to belief

Bullshit.....

You Christians are people who don't have human empathy

The Biafran war pictures and videos have made me extremely more of an Atheist......but because of delusion it's cool in your eyes....

Think twice

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Bacteriologist(m): 10:17am On Jul 15, 2020
Nice thread.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by larrybee2017(f): 4:49pm On Jul 15, 2020
Many a time the best answer is to take a deep breathe and ask yourself is all the effort worth it.
You serve he is God you don't he is still God. Plus or minus you can't change his supreme existence.
What if you get their and discover sango and amadioha isn't god?
Xavfra:

Chaiiiiii.....you can as well pray for me grin

But I hope it won't be late when you get there and discover that AMADIOHA or Ogun or Sango is the true god
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 15, 2020
larrybee2017:
Many a time the best answer is to take a deep breathe and ask yourself is all the effort worth it.
You serve he is God you don't he is still God. Plus or minus you can't change his supreme existence.
What if you get their and discover sango and amadioha isn't god?

You serve he isn't God you don't serve he isn't God.....

You've not answered my question
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Image123(m): 12:09am On Jul 16, 2020
Xavfra:

You serve he isn't God you don't serve he isn't God.....

You've not answered my question

They are too local. Even Magu is more popular than them.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 12:11am On Jul 16, 2020
Image123:

They are too local. Even Magu is more popular than them.

grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Ugandan Pastor Burns Thousands Of Bibles For Misleading His Members (Photos) / Zainab Aliyu Released: Are Some Nigerians More Important Than Others? CAN Asks / Man Posts Bottle Of Beer And Bible Verse To Justify His Drink (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.