Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,946 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. (43886 Views)

Archaeology: Evidence Of Jonah And The Whale Found In Jerusalem (Photos) / Man Withdraws Support For Apostle Suleman After Alleged New Evidence Emerges / Conclusion : Atheism Is So Illogical , The Atheist Delusion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CatfishBilly: 7:20pm On Feb 28, 2017
urheme:

elsewhere

perhaps in your kitchen undecided

here is a confused atheist and an half baked doctor that claimed a christian.....you are just a calamity

after all the death records that you have achieved.....this is finally your conclusion......"works elsewhere" grin cry grin cry grin cry

What have you achieved so far with this thread.....you could not even take a stand.....christian or atheist undecided undecided undecided

May God have mercy on your soul.
If you don't know that you're being ignored, let me make it plain since you're evidently dumb to get the hint. I AM IGNORING YOU. You can quote me from now till tomorrow. I don't know why you're so pained, even God that we're talking about isn't as pained as you.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CatfishBilly: 11:17pm On Feb 28, 2017
MZLady39:
Hi CatfishBilly,
I am extremely close to my family member who is a medical doctor (and has been for a long time--40+yrs) & has seen his fair share of suffering and death.....yet he still believes in God.
Having studied the body and how intricately and beautifully made it is, and how each organ has such specific functions, he can't see how there wouldn't be a God that created us.
I for one think the human body is a magnificent piece of art. It's incredible. How it was designed, all the different failsafe mechanisms that prevent disaster from happening, it's incredible. All that couldn't have come about by accident. Your family member got an explanation and is satisfied with it. I'm not satisfied with my own explanation, I want to know more.
MZLady39:
Praying in faith doesn't guarantee that the prayer wil be answered in just the manner that you want.
But the Bible says ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened to you.
It also said that asking with faith as little as a mustard seed, we'll get what we asked for. That was what my patients up there did and they were failed. So is it that God who promised to answer their prayers intentionally didn't answer or he doesn't exist at all?

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Martinez19(m): 11:56pm On Feb 28, 2017
One thing I hate is intellectual dishonesty. If the bible said the earth is flat and we see evidence that it is not, they will try to come up with some explanation to verify the bible. A pastor will be boasting on the pulpit that everything is spiritual and that the spiritual controls the physical but when you have cancer, they will ask you to get medical care and pray. They will tell you that the problem should be fought physically and spiritually. But I thought the spiritual controls the physical? Why bother about the physical? Won't it take care of it self if everything is fine in the spiritual? grin grin grin angry

Most pastors will be shouting that God can do all things but when you bring a case to them, they depart from the erm, erm spiritual and indirectly try to draw you to reality while stylishly coating everything with 'God talk'. They are just empty. They tell you that God protects you yet they use body guards . They don't go to hospitals to heal ailments. They are proud and heartless. They don't quiver with shame when they go to the hospital for treatment. Few of them are sincere.

Hard times don't test people with God, instead it test the God of people. Talk is cheap but action speaks better than words.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by iSpirit1(m): 12:35am On Mar 01, 2017
Martinez19:
One thing I hate is intellectual dishonesty. If the bible said the earth is flat and we see evidence that it is not, they will try to come up with some explanation to verify the bible. A pastor will be boasting on the pulpit that everything is spiritual and that the spiritual controls the physical but when you have cancer, they will ask you to get medical care and pray. They will tell you that the problem should be fought physically and spiritually. But I thought the spiritual controls the physical? Why bother about the physical? Won't it take care of it self if everything is fine in the spiritual? grin grin grin angry

Most pastors will be shouting that God can do all things but when you bring a case to them, they depart from the erm, erm spiritual and indirectly try to draw you to reality while stylishly coating everything with 'God talk'. They are just empty. They tell you that God protects you yet they use body guards . They don't go to hospitals to heal ailments. They are proud and heartless. They don't quiver with shame when they go to the hospital for treatment. Few of them are sincere.

Hard times don't test people with God, instead it test the God of people. Talk is cheap but action speaks better than words.
I am a living witness to LIVE MIRACLES.

Check this one out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXrAdkGUMN4&itct=CBYQpDAYASITCK7JjuK3s9ICFcGCVQodQUgFelIcUGFzdG9yIENocmlzIE1pcmFjbGUgSGVhbGluZw%3D%3D&client=mv-google&gl=NG&hl=en-GB

Tell us which doctor healed that woman.

Me for one, I don't visit hospital for treatments anymore since I found this way of Faith.

I was actually always sickly in the past despite my contant visit to doctors and hospitals for treatments until I found this way of Faith.

And I've been living healthily without medications and without any health challenges since the past 7years I repented.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 2:17am On Mar 01, 2017
CatfishBilly:

I for one think the human body is a magnificent piece of art. It's incredible. How it was designed, all the different failsafe mechanisms that prevent disaster from happening, it's incredible. All that couldn't have come about by accident. Your family member got an explanation and is satisfied with it. I'm not satisfied with my own explanation, I want to know more.

But the Bible says ask and you shall receive, seek and you shall find, knock and the door will be opened to you.
It also said that asking with faith as little as a mustard seed, we'll get what we asked for. That was what my patients up there did and they were failed. So is it that God who promised to answer their prayers intentionally didn't answer or he doesn't exist at all?

He answered their prayers...in His perfect will.
Did the patients pray, "Thy will be done Lord?" or did they pray, "Lord save me no matter what?"
God in His infinite wisdom answered..what was ultimately best.
I could say I want a particular man, and be praying in faith for him, but have I said to God, "I want this man Lord...please give him to me" or will I say, "Lord, I really want this man, but only You know whether he is best for me so May Your will be done".
That's a prayer that causes "self" to be removed.

Of course, He doesn't want anyone to die....but this world is a sin-ravaged world...and until He returns, the world must continue. No one is exempt from death....no matter if the person prays in faith or not. I cannot explain why some live, and others don't. Only Infinite wisdom can explain that.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 2:28am On Mar 01, 2017
Hi iSpirit1,

I noticed you said that since you repented you haven't been sick...for 7 years.
Very interesting...would you mind briefly elaborating on that?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Martinez19(m): 4:51am On Mar 01, 2017
iSpirit1:
I am a living witness to LIVE MIRACLES.

Check this one out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXrAdkGUMN4&itct=CBYQpDAYASITCK7JjuK3s9ICFcGCVQodQUgFelIcUGFzdG9yIENocmlzIE1pcmFjbGUgSGVhbGluZw%3D%3D&client=mv-google&gl=NG&hl=en-GB

Tell us which doctor healed that woman.

Me for one, I don't visit hospital for treatments anymore since I found this way of Faith.

I was actually always sickly in the past despite my contant visit to doctors and hospitals for treatments until I found this way of Faith.

And I've been living healthily without medications and without any health challenges since the past 7years I repented.
sorry I couldn't watch, but what was the ailment?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Image123(m): 12:40pm On Mar 01, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Good, there's definitely a creator for you, just that you do not know Who.

The Bible is not one verse or one chapter. It is made up of about 66books and not to be read/understood in isolation. The same Bible records believers who were sick and did not receive healing or instant miracle. If God for whatever reason did not answer your prayers, well He is God, not a machine or a genie or yesman or slave. People testify in churches across the world every other week about how God answered them.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CatfishBilly: 12:47pm On Mar 01, 2017
Image123:

The Bible is not one verse or one chapter. It is made up of about 66books and not to be read/understood in isolation. The same Bible records believers who were sick and did not receive healing or instant miracle. If God for whatever reason did not answer your prayers, well He is God, not a machine or a genie or yesman or slave. People testify in churches across the world every other week about how God answered them.
Is it not the same Bible that sad that heaven and earth shall pass away but his word won't fail or something along that line?
These my patients held to the word and it failed them.
Like I've said on this thread countless times, I'm yet to see prayers save ONE patient on the hospital bed at the point of death.

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Image123(m): 1:06pm On Mar 01, 2017
CatfishBilly:

Is it not the same Bible that sad that heaven and earth shall pass away but his word won't fail or something along that line?
These my patients held to the word and it failed them.
Like I've said on this thread countless times, I'm yet to see prayers save ONE patient on the hospital bed at the point of death.

His word is about 66books, not just one verse or one chapter. It's like using an hour of meeting someone to judge all his life forever. Even at work, the best employee this year might not be the best in 20years even if he's still working there. Nobody holds on rigidly to the persons last year heroics. Same thing our friends, we know each other more with time. A person who knows God well wouldn't jettison, ignore or overlook over 60books and try to blackmail to some verse. Context and content are important. That you've never seen something don't mean it doesn't exist.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by GodsMopol: 11:07pm On Mar 08, 2017
Failed prayers kee, lemme run a couple of verses

Abraham, yea, Father Abraham waited, I think we should learn to wait, in summary

Hebrews 6:12 That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

A Christian should compare him of herself with those who thru faith( perseverance) and suru pupo obtained, we rush too much in this part of the world.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Blitzerz: 7:18am On Mar 16, 2017
Lennycool:

That woman is not affiliated with any particular religion and no where is it stated that she prayed to any God

Hehehe....
Go and read her story.
Besides no where is it witten that God needs affiliation before he has mercy on whom He wants to have mercy.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by randomperson: 7:36am On Mar 16, 2017
Image123:

His word is about 66books, not just one verse or one chapter. It's like using an hour of meeting someone to judge all his life forever. Even at work, the best employee this year might not be the best in 20years even if he's still working there. Nobody holds on rigidly to the persons last year heroics. Same thing our friends, we know each other more with time. A person who knows God well wouldn't jettison, ignore or overlook over 60books and try to blackmail to some verse. Context and content are important. That you've never seen something don't mean it doesn't exist.
How many people did Jesus try to heal and he failed in the bible. How many? Now compare that to the number of sick Christians that God fails to heal... Do you see a discrepancy?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Image123(m): 10:41am On Mar 16, 2017
randomperson:

How many people did Jesus try to heal and he failed in the bible. How many? Now compare that to the number of sick Christians that God fails to heal... Do you see a discrepancy?

Jesus is God and He confessed to work the same way His Father works. If there's a discrepancy, it is with the people doing the asking. Even Jesus Christ didn't work miracles for 30years, which is over 90% of His life on earth physically.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by randomperson: 10:54am On Mar 16, 2017
Image123:

Jesus is God and He confessed to work the same way His Father works. If there's a discrepancy, it is with the people doing the asking. Even Jesus Christ didn't work miracles for 30years, which is over 90% of His life on earth physically.
Actually many of the people that Jesus healed didn't ask for it. Lazarus's sister already accepted that he had died, the man in with the withered hand in the temple, the woman with arthritis, the guy that was at the pool side for 38 years didn't ask for it.
Now we have Christians who are asking with tears and desperation and god is looking away and just stroking his beard, and you say it's the people that it's the problem.
In fact, during Jesus'time, only the people that heard of Jesus could ask him for anything, these days, billions of people around the world ask him for something every minute still he doesn't answer.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Image123(m): 12:52pm On Mar 16, 2017
randomperson:

Actually many of the people that Jesus healed didn't ask for it. Lazarus's sister already accepted that he had died, the man in with the withered hand in the temple, the woman with arthritis, the guy that was at the pool side for 38 years didn't ask for it.
Now we have Christians who are asking with tears and desperation and god is looking away and just stroking his beard, and you say it's the people that it's the problem.
In fact, during Jesus'time, only the people that heard of Jesus could ask him for anything, these days, billions of people around the world ask him for something every minute still he doesn't answer.

Many people also get healing and answers to prayers today without asking for it or deserving it. It is not news. People in the new testament also did not have their requests granted how they wanted it, nothing new or out of place. It adds and removes zilch.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by randomperson: 1:37pm On Mar 16, 2017
Image123:

Many people also get healing and answers to prayers today without asking for it or deserving it. It is not news. People in the new testament also did not have their requests granted how they wanted it, nothing new or out of place. It adds and removes zilch.
That's not true... If Christians got healed as you claim, our hospitals wouldn't be that congested.
In fact, Jesus didn't heal only his followers, he healed different kinds of people. There are people who routinely go to hospital to pray for the patients... Despite that fact, your god no show grin
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Image123(m): 2:16pm On Mar 16, 2017
randomperson:

That's not true... If Christians got healed as you claim, our hospitals wouldn't be that congested.
In fact, Jesus didn't heal only his followers, he healed different kinds of people. There are people who routinely go to hospital to pray for the patients... Despite that fact, your god no show grin

What exactly is untrue? I never said all Christians but many, spot the difference between. Different kinds of people still get healing and answers to prayers today, no difference. People testify about miraculous healing every week all over the world, don't be locally myopic.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by randomperson: 2:56pm On Mar 16, 2017
Image123:

What exactly is untrue? I never said all Christians but many, spot the difference between. Different kinds of people still get healing and answers to prayers today, no difference. People testify about miraculous healing every week all over the world, don't be locally myopic.
Lolz people testify... On TV, abi?
If truly Jesus heals then there's should be less sickness among Christians than others. In fact, Christian-dominated countries should have the lowest mortality rate but alas! The countries with the lowest mortality rates are non- religious.
Can you explain that?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CatfishBilly: 3:20pm On Mar 16, 2017
randomperson:

If truly Jesus heals then there's should be less sickness among Christians than others. In fact, Christian-dominated countries should have the lowest mortality rate but alas! The countries with the lowest mortality rates are non- religious.
Can you explain that?
To back that up, Japan has the highest life expectancy rate in the world and they are not even remotely Christian.
Image123 explain that also

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Image123(m): 5:33pm On Mar 16, 2017
randomperson:

Can you explain that?

You failed to state what exactly was untrue in the other post. The attitude of jumping and changing goal posts will not help you, know what you need and be sure. Jesus doesn't promise less sickness or problems than others. On the contrary, He says we will have tribulation, and that the next world to come is our inheritance. Having low mortality rates do have a thing to do with obeying biblical principles of health. You don't need to be Christian to do that, neither does it take you to heaven or hell.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Image123(m): 5:35pm On Mar 16, 2017
CatfishBilly:

To back that up, Japan has the highest life expectancy rate in the world and they are not even remotely Christian.
Image123 explain that also

Like I've said above, anyone who obeys health principles would have health. The principles of health and prosperity are ingrained in scriptures and any nation can enjoy them without being born again.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CatfishBilly: 5:59pm On Mar 16, 2017
Image123:

Like I've said above, anyone who obeys health principles would have health. The principles of health and prosperity are ingrained in scriptures and any nation can enjoy them without being born again.
Ingrained in the scriptures you say, I.e. the Bible.
Japanese are not Christians, so obviously don't read the Bible. So, how did they come about these principles of health?

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by randomperson: 6:27pm On Mar 16, 2017
Image123:

You failed to state what exactly was untrue in the other post. The attitude of jumping and changing goal posts will not help you, know what you need and be sure. Jesus doesn't promise less sickness or problems than others. On the contrary, He says we will have tribulation, and that the next world to come is our inheritance. Having low mortality rates do have a thing to do with obeying biblical principles of health. You don't need to be Christian to do that, neither does it take you to heaven or hell.
You're not addressing the issue, this is logic and common sense...
You say many Christians get healed even today, then logically countries with many Christians should have lower mortality rates than those with insignificant numbers of Christians... Why is the opposite the case
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 7:45pm On Mar 16, 2017
randomperson:

Ummm sir...
May I correct you on something please?
Both sisters, Martha & Mary, absolutely wanted their brother to live. Yes in fact, they both stated to Jesus that had he been there, then their brother Lazarus, wouldn't have died. John 11:21-22, 32.
Also the paralytic at the pool of Bethesda absolutely wanted to be healed. He said he just couldn't get to the pool due to his handicap. He was looking to get healed John 5:7
The point is that not everyone gets healed. The majority of people want miracles....however that's not gonna always be the case that they get healed. That doesn't disprove God's existence.

To Be Continued...
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by randomperson: 8:36pm On Mar 16, 2017
MZLady39:

Ummm sir...
May I correct you on something please?
Both sisters, Martha & Mary, absolutely wanted their brother to live. Yes in fact, they both stated to Jesus that had he been there, then their brother Lazarus, wouldn't have died. John 11:21-22, 32.
Also the paralytic at the pool of Bethesda absolutely wanted to be healed. He said he just couldn't get to the pool due to his handicap. He was looking to get healed John 5:7
The point is that not everyone gets healed. The majority of people want miracles....however that's not gonna always be the case that they get healed. That doesn't disprove God's existence.

To Be Continued...
Am not saying they didn't want to be healed. Who doesn't want to be healed?? Am saying they didn't really ask for it... But Jesus supposedly healed them.
Not everyone gets healed. Right? But a good number of people get healed. So why is it that countries with high Christian population don't have lower mortality rates than their counterparts
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 8:41pm On Mar 16, 2017
randomperson:

Am not saying they didn't want to be healed. Who doesn't want to be healed?? Am saying they didn't really ask for it... But Jesus supposedly healed them.
Not everyone gets healed. Right? But a good number of people get healed. So why is it that countries with high Christian population don't have lower mortality rates than their counterparts

Because God doesn't heal people in order to have them serve Him. He's never, ever promised a smooth ride on this life. There's this big thing called "sin that affects all...Christian or non-Christian. We don't serve God for what He can do...but rather who He is.
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by randomperson: 8:49pm On Mar 16, 2017
MZLady39:

Because God doesn't heal people in order to have them serve Him. He's never, ever promised a smooth ride on this life. There's this big thing called "sin that affects all...ChristianI or non-Christian. We don't serve God for what He can do...but rather who He is.
You have still not answered my question. Or are you saying in these Christian dominated countries, all of them are sinful?
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 8:51pm On Mar 16, 2017
randomperson:

You have still not answered my question. Or are you saying in these Christian dominated countries, all of them are sinful?

I think I have indeed answered your question. You don't like the answer sir.
Show me the statistics....
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by randomperson: 9:50pm On Mar 16, 2017
MZLady39:

I think I have indeed answered your question. You don't like the answer sir.
Show me the statistics....
Japan has the highest life expectancy... They are not Christians over there... How come they are faring better than say Zambia for example
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by Nobody: 10:03pm On Mar 16, 2017
randomperson:

Japan has the highest life expectancy... They are not Christians over there... How come they are faring better than say Zambia for example

Let me the see stats Sir Random...
Re: Medical Doctors, Atheism and Daily Evidence of Failed Prayers. by CatfishBilly: 10:28pm On Mar 16, 2017

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

I Abandoned Religion And God Today. I'm Free. / 2020 Prophecies By Prophet Joshua Iginla / Rev Esther Ajayi Praises MC Oluomo, Leads Him To Greet Obasanjo, Ooni And Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.