Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,533 members, 7,837,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:07 PM

5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business (42951 Views)

Sunmonu Succeeds Aig-imoukhuede As Chairman, Wapic Insurance Plc / MUST READ: Ways To Help Ensure Your Business Succeeds / Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by JoNach: 4:50pm On Feb 12, 2017
DirtyGold:
Whitewashing lies! The Igbos seem to be successful because they've perfected the art of greed and dubiousness. All they care about is money; regardless of how or what they will do to get it. And ofcourse, when something is your stock in trade, you'll device all sorts of tricks and gimmicks to keep your interest afloat (that is when creativity, resilience and courage comes into play). You are thinking of how to help them, they are on the other hand thinking of how to cheat you! Tufiakwa

I have a first hand experience with them so nobody should quote me to tell me shit.

What's tha business?

Afonja!!! The ibo success is rily paining U,

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Emycord: 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2017
And our success happens to be how the term money rituals came about cos the condition they kept us was impossible to succeed but we igbo's came through it making bricks without straw. And in thier folly they now tagged us money ritualist. To extent nigerian even believe that even if ur riding keke or okada ur using charms to do it even if ur selling pure water. Biscuit or groundnut and frugally manage to make it ur termed ritualist. They believe that all igbo must die or be eternally poor. Now nigerians hear this there are millions of us making it with no rituals at all. We are hard working and our culture abhorr money rituals. Stop believing that if we make any success and our family members dies that is rituals. If not why do other nigerian family members die who is immune to death an 88 year old woman rituals!?? But if you guys still insist its rituals why not try it and get rich. Many guys have asked where to do money rituals non can get a verifiable place forget what u see kanayo o. Kanayo in movies

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by HolyTitus(m): 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2017
OP, you didn't include they also engage in plus in form of spiritual science to boom their business
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Epositive(m): 4:51pm On Feb 12, 2017
shamecurls:

You can lie to the dead!
google it bro, i repeat ibo is the most brilliant black race in africa

#truthhurts #positivevibes

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Ngokafor(f): 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2017
...I have bought things i didnt intend to buy from my Igbo brothers just because of their persistence..Here is an example:

..Trader: My colour,i have nice shoes and clothes specially made for you,

..Me: no thank you,i came to buy something else.

..Trader: just come in and look around,looking is free By the way,this sun is not good for this your fine skin*brings umbrella to shade me from the blazing sun*..just enter my boutique,if you want malt to quench your thirst,i'm at your service.,.I could even send one of my boys to help you buy what you came for too if you dont mind..

..Me:*sighs* okay but never mind about buying anything for me,i will take care of that.I might not buy anything from youoo,i will just look around and leave..

..Trader:Nne no problem,like i said looking is free.

..I entered his boutique and ended up buying two pairs of wonderful shoes,one bag and two lovely gowns(items i had been planning to buy anyway but couldnt find what i liked)).. embarassed

..Na so i take buy market wey i didnt set out to and became his customer till date..I had to rush to the ATM to get more cash to buy what i had originally set out to buy. embarassed..He gives me top priority each time he gets something really unique and amazing cos i had referred some ladies to him because of the quality and uniqueness of his items.

...When i think about it now i just chuckle at the guy's resilience. cheesy

..P.s..he is really polite too and not brash and abusive.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by magoo10(m): 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2017
I am proud to be Igbo anytime any day, not these lazy,incompetent,born to rule selfish and greedy lots who keep depending on oil gotten from the 5% people to prosper.

Some people have taken over the presidency for 2years now and nothing to show that we have a leader yet they keep blaming their predecessor for their failures.

Even if the Igbo's fight another war and loose everything today with courage and resilience they will still be more prosperous in just few years to come.

10 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Stanbeto: 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2017
Igbo kwenu!

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 12, 2017
Epositive:
igbos are quite intelligent... ibo is the most intelligent tribe in africa according to the US. as we all know intelligence boosts creativity so u cant take it from them.
.. however, what ibo can do any other tribe can do better

#positivevibes
Okay. This is an insult to others undecided What templates were taken into consideration to declare Igbos "the most intelligent"?. How were the tests performed? Do not pat yourself on the back to seek solace in what some men far across the continent hypothesized.
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Buharimustgo: 4:54pm On Feb 12, 2017
gabazin080:
na wa o. so na only ibo dey succeed for business abi.
i guess dangote is also an ibo man

Dangote cannot withstand the hurdles Igbo business men face in Nigeria

10 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by billyG(m): 4:56pm On Feb 12, 2017
they succeed in biz b/c they lied,are dubious,greedy & sell fake goods.
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by jhenie(f): 4:59pm On Feb 12, 2017
Anyways, you forgot to add that the igbo man is also criminally minded & un-trustworthy. This vice still helps him succeed in business anyways.[/quote]

Maybe but not compared to the two faced tribe. **Didn't mention any tribe oo**

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by shamecurls(m): 5:00pm On Feb 12, 2017
Epositive:

google it bro, i repeat ibo is the most brilliant black race in africa

#truthhurts
#positivevibes

grin grin grin I will leave you to wallow in your self acclaimed belief.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Coldfeet(f): 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2017
faithugo64:
Igbo kwenu!

Kwenu!!

Kwezuenu!!!

Etere ugba

Etere ose

Nke bu eziokwu bu

Igbo Amaka

Chukwu goziri anyi

Nyekwa anyi ogugu isi di egwu

Maka ndi anya ufu down there

Onye si na Ihe oma adighi ya mma
Ya gaa kata onugbo taa
Gbam!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Nobody: 5:01pm On Feb 12, 2017
The only thing i think makes an igbo man succeed is he is a business minded person, everything about him is business.

Of an igbo man doesn't have what you want, he will tell u to wait, he must find that thing and bring it to you, of course he will get his own percentage..

He doesn't joke with his business, no giving of credit, if at all he want to give credit, he knows the kind of people he will give...

Credit run down a business

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by SalamRushdie: 5:05pm On Feb 12, 2017
Epositive:
igbos are quite intelligent... ibo is the most intelligent tribe in africa according to the US. as we all know intelligence boosts creativity so u cant take it from them.
.. however, what ibo can do any other tribe can do better

#positivevibes

Not true, the average Igbo suffers from aspergers which I have found out is a key ingredient for success in life ..

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by nwabobo: 5:07pm On Feb 12, 2017
shamecurls:

Knew you will paste one cheap article from a blog that was last updated in 2016. Give me a renowned link- CNN, FoxNews, AlJazeera and co.

Its a Blatant Lie!

No commit suicide o

http://www.unz.com/article/the-iq-gap-is-no-longer-a-black-and-white-issue/
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by jnetwork: 5:08pm On Feb 12, 2017
No comment
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by henrixx(m): 5:17pm On Feb 12, 2017
All those things are true op. The igbos are good in biz. But u forgot these number six and seven

No 6. Ritualists and indian charms
No 7. Dishonesty
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by engrchykae(m): 5:19pm On Feb 12, 2017
Nathan2016:
True,, But please there is nothing like ibo, is IGBO....not IBO....IBO is wrong abeg....too much phonetics.....
from HEBREW to HABIRU to IBRU to IBO,igbo is a derogatory name forced on us by the Bini slave hunters.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Twistaray(m): 5:21pm On Feb 12, 2017
nwabobo:

Are you just landing from the moon? Here you go

https://newtelegraphonline.com/news/igbos-brilliant-black-africa-race/

Lies.

It's been debunked

If I dash you miracle slap with that international research bullshit. International research ko, local investigation ni

FYI, that article was written by Chanda Chisala before it was posted on UNZ. NewTelegraph the chitgbo website it and quickly changed the title to "Igbos most intelligent African tribe"

The bursted,fact link,below:
sawhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/9755929/IQ-tests-do-not-reflect-intelligence.html
--
IQ tests 'do not reflect intelligence'
IQ tests are misleading because they do not accurately reflect intelligence, according to a study which found that a minimum of three different exams are needed to measure someone's brainpower.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Chiebunigom: 5:22pm On Feb 12, 2017
henrixx:
All those things are true op. The igbos are good in biz. But u forgot these number six and seven

No 6. Ritualists and indian charms
No 7. Dishonesty

Haahaa... e pain you ooo...
Chai....easy, ooo

7 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by engrchykae(m): 5:25pm On Feb 12, 2017
4everGrand:

Oya, give us another name.

When we see or hear a fact, it would be good we concurred. I'm not Ibo, but I believe they are a very industrious set.
dangote is merely a front for the loot of the POLITICAL CLASS.

6 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Newmanluckyman(m): 5:26pm On Feb 12, 2017
... Igbo amaka!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Nobody: 5:29pm On Feb 12, 2017
I hope you dont care about money and the art of making it? If it yes, may money depart from you. ..Everyone wears the dirty laundry you are trying so hard to wash!
DirtyGold:
Whitewashing lies! The Igbos seem to be successful because they've perfected the art of greed and dubiousness. All they care about is money; regardless of how or what they will do to get it. And ofcourse, when something is your stock in trade, you'll device all sorts of tricks and gimmicks to keep your interest afloat (that is when creativity, resilience and courage comes into play). You are thinking of how to help them, they are on the other hand thinking of how to cheat you! Tufiakwa

I have a first hand experience with them so nobody should quote me to tell me shit.

What's tha business?

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Twistaray(m): 5:30pm On Feb 12, 2017
shamecurls:

Knew you will paste one cheap article from a blog that was last updated in 2016. Give me a renowned link- CNN, FoxNews, AlJazeera and co.

Its a Blatant Lie!

Don't mind those liars that go about editing foreign news to message their ego

If I dash you miracle slap with that international research bullshit. International research ko, local investigation ni

FYI, that article was written by Chanda Chisala before it was posted on UNZ. NewTelegraph the chitgbo website it and quickly changed the title to "Igbos most intelligent African tribe"

The bursted,fact,the real link ,below:

sawhttp://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/9755929/IQ-tests-do-not-reflect-intelligence.html

--
IQ tests are misleading because they do not accurately reflect intelligence, according to a study which found that a minimum of three different exams are needed to measure someone's brainpower.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 12, 2017
It's the depth they are willing to sink to get money ( the legitimate ones). When I was a student in the East, right opposite my house was a man who sold pepper soup, cooked and serve all by himself. I liked him for it.

Being a southerner,I see lots of lazy and entitled men/boys.

I admire the legit hustle spirit in the Igbos.

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by ThinkSmarter: 5:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
faithugo64:
Igbo kwenu!

Kwenu!!

Kwezuenu!!!

Etere ugba

Etere ose

Nke bu eziokwu bu

Igbo Amaka

Chukwu goziri anyi

Nyekwa anyi ogugu isi di egwu

Maka ndi anya ufu down there

Onye si na Ihe oma adighi ya mma
Ya gaa kata onugbo taa
Isee!!!!
Anyi bu Ndi agoziri agozi.

7 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Adminisher: 5:33pm On Feb 12, 2017
DirtyGold:

What's tha business?

The apprentice system is the only point. Yes they are greedy, afraid to tell the truth (actually mortally scared of truth), cut corners to make money, are clannish in business and cut off other tribes, not focussed on quality etc.c..... however, this business apprentice ship is a commendable thing that the FG and state governments can build a structure around.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by uncjay(m): 5:36pm On Feb 12, 2017
Simply put they are good in all they do....

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by engrchykae(m): 5:36pm On Feb 12, 2017
bigtiny10:
Okay. This is an insult to others undecided What templates were taken into consideration to declare Igbos "the most intelligent"?. How were the tests performed? Do not pat yourself on the back to seek solace in what some men far across the continent hypothesized.
the resilience during the war and their comeback after the war is enough reason.common sense is another reason to tell you that free feeding of school children and paying graduates 5k was a trick that got hausa and yoruba votes but not ibo votes because of the i can make it mentality of the ibo.รง

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by shamecurls(m): 5:39pm On Feb 12, 2017
Twistaray:

Don't mind those liars that go about editing foreign news to message their ego

The bursted,fact,the real link ,below:

--

No mind dem!

Na there way!

Wetin no show for there body.....

Intelligence that can't salvage there region grin grin grin from exporting human resource to all nooks and crannies of Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Bujumbura(m): 5:39pm On Feb 12, 2017
To compare an Average igbo business man with Yoruba in Oshodi

ME: How much for this shoe

Igob bizwoman;7000

ME; 4000

Igbo bizwoman: Haba my oga, the price no reach my cost price and you do well to talk your own price naim make me like you. Add am something make i sell am for you because na you be d first person wey dey buy for me hand ( even in the afternoon or when you met people in his shop) grin

Yoruba Bizwoman

Me: how much for this shoe (I'm holding the shoe)

Yoruba Bizwoman: Ha Oko mi its 7000

ME: 4000

Yoruba Bizwoman: *Grabs the shoe from my hand with force* shey na thief i theif am to come sell am here, abeg comot for my shop. Mtsewwww.

15 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zugacoin: Nigerian Cryptocurrency To Be Used To Buy Innoson Vehicles, Others / Skrill (moneybookers) Now Accepts Nigerian Account / N3million Naira, What Business Profitable Business Can It Float?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.