Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,326 members, 7,836,391 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:57 AM

5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business - Business (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business (42947 Views)

Sunmonu Succeeds Aig-imoukhuede As Chairman, Wapic Insurance Plc / MUST READ: Ways To Help Ensure Your Business Succeeds / Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by stuffs4me(m): 9:28pm On Feb 12, 2017
freshinsightng:

This is very true. Igbos have both local and classroom intelligence

Silly OSU cannibals always chest beating like gorillas. Are Dangote, Adenuga, Otedola, etc IBO's?

The only intelligence you lots have is criminal and excessive greed, product of baby factory, cannibals, armed robbers, ritualist, kidnappers, cocaine smugglers, prostitutes.

Indonesia police said Ibos are curse to Africa. What a shame

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by itznewmann(m): 9:34pm On Feb 12, 2017
DirtyGold:
Whitewashing lies! The Igbos seem to be successful because they've perfected the art of greed and dubiousness. All they care about is money; regardless of how or what they will do to get it. And ofcourse, when something is your stock in trade, you'll device all sorts of tricks and gimmicks to keep your interest afloat (that is when creativity, resilience and courage comes into play). You are thinking of how to help them, they are on the other hand thinking of how to cheat you! Tufiakwa

I have a first hand experience with them so nobody should quote me to tell me shit.

What's tha business?

See urself ?? Can u imagine ow many likes u got on dat daft post ?? Tribalistic human being
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Nkysuccess(f): 9:46pm On Feb 12, 2017
Am proudly Igbo

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Nobody: 9:52pm On Feb 12, 2017
honniemail:
They are also involve in blood money op forgot that...

that's what I used to hear when my self was a teenager

After watching the make believe nollywood movies no one has been able to prove to me where it exists

pls if you have the connection kindly link me up and I will be forever be greatful to you

some people tend to be jealous of achievers by tagging them with unprintable names

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by elsomm(m): 10:10pm On Feb 12, 2017
sweerychick:
what you talking about, I'm proud igbo all the time, not IPOB though.. Every tribe has its own fair share of bad people, no tribe is perfect.

Chioma bu afam ( good God)

Literal translation.

But if you want deep meaning...its Goodluck. Good fate. One who things will always work out in his or her favour....I nwere chi oma!
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Emeonyerichard(m): 10:28pm On Feb 12, 2017
gabazin080:
na wa o. so na only ibo dey succeed for business abi.
i guess dangote is also an ibo man
.. And wat is E-money
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Emeonyerichard(m): 10:34pm On Feb 12, 2017
stuffs4me:

Silly OSU cannibals always chest beating like gorillas. Are Dangote, Adenuga, Otedola, etc IBO's?

The only intelligence you lots have is criminal and excessive greed, product of baby factory, cannibals, armed robbers, ritualist, kidnappers, cocaine smugglers, prostitutes.

Indonesia police said Ibos are curse to Africa. What a shame
and we are one nigeria.. Because no Indonesian will be specific of a particular tribe.. Jeez ur saying it as if ur from ghana and nt 9ja.. Its our shame nt only the ibos
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by elsomm(m): 10:40pm On Feb 12, 2017
engrchykae:
from HEBREW to HABIRU to IBRU to IBO,igbo is a derogatory name forced on us by the Bini slave hunters.

So what's the original name
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by talk2emma: 10:45pm On Feb 12, 2017
If God be with you who will be against you

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by futurism: 10:46pm On Feb 12, 2017
leonene:
Igbo's are d successful business men n women right?

But where are they in Africa ranking for example.

1. Dangote, he is not a successful business man? How many Igbo's can compete with his daughter come to talk of Dangote.

2. Mike Adenuga which Igbo man can have good business acumen d way d man is?

3. Femi Otedela an oil baron is he not a successful business man?

4. Folaroshon Alakija the third Africa richest woman how many Igbo woman has been rank to that level.

Igbo's Men n Women I know them of doing small scale business (Petty Business) That is all.............

We are talking of a group of people who start with NOTHING and you dare compare with thieves and a opportunist with government backing.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by futurism: 10:50pm On Feb 12, 2017
ibkgab001:
I liked your post .... But remember the pride and arogance in them is second to none
forget the ones on nairaland, they are the ones who make it seem like igbos are arrogant.

I am igbo and I can tell you I HATE arrogance, pride and people who take advantage of people's situation.

As it is, I have battle with a yoruba man starting from tomorrow because he thought he could cheat and take advantage of a people who made his dream a reality.
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by mercyville: 10:54pm On Feb 12, 2017
Financialslot:
Source: http://www.financialslot.com/2017/02/08/reasons-igbo-mans-impressive-successes-entrepreneurship/

I did not witness the Nigerian Civil war (1968-1970) because I was not born by that time, but I have read a lot about it in addition to listening to eye witness accounts from those who were there and even fought on different sides.

The Igbos lost almost everything during the war. They abandoned their businesses and properties outside Igbo land and moved home for safety as they became easy targets for mischief makers. These assets were mostly forfeited, confiscated or hijacked. This was the era when the term “Abandoned Property” became popular and real.

After the war, they were further subjected to financial and economic hardship, as their bank accounts were credited with a flat rate of 20 pounds irrespective of the volume of Biafra pounds in those accounts, effectively rendering them penniless.

This happened almost fifty years ago, as today the Igbos have moved on with their lives conquering the Nigerian business environment and building large business empires for themselves. Everywhere in Nigeria today, you will find very successful Igbo business men and women making the country proud in their various entrepreneurial pursuits.

How did they do it despite all the setback and challenges?. These should be some of the reasons why they have become a phenomenon in entrepreneurship.

Courage: The average Igbo is very courageous and ready to surmount every challenge in the pursuit of anything he sets out to accomplish. They are also very adventurous and ready to relocate to new places despite the inherent risks, as long as they can see opportunities. There is probably at least one Igbo man or woman in every country in the world.

Resilience: They focus on opportunities and ignore challenges, this makes them very tough and flexible. The Igbo man will nurture his small business painstakingly taking risks and experimenting and innovating with different strategies until the business begins to boom and flourish.

Creativity: I read accounts of how the Igbos improvised and created their tanks and refineries during the civil war. Today the likes of Innocent Chukwuma of Innoson Industries are building cars and fabricating spare parts for the Nigerian Air force. If you still have doubts about the Igboman’s creativity then visit Nnewi and Aba to see how all types of machinery are fabricated.

Support system: The have a way of rallying round each other to ensure that their successes are multiplied. You will find all types of Igbo unions, clubs and associations in every city in this country; and even in most countries of the world. They have gone a step further to install Igbo traditional rulers outside their ancestral homes (eg. Eze Ndigbo of Lagos), who will govern their affairs and mediate in crises situations.

Apprentice System: Success in Entrepreneurship requires knowledge, mentorship and capital. The Igbos developed their own home grown system of entrepreneurship. This unique form of apprenticeship allows a male family member or community member to spend time and work with another family. During this period, the apprentice will learn the trade of his master and would also receive mentorship. At the end of the agreed period, the master will establish his apprentice; either by setting up a separate business for him, or giving him money or tools to earn a living. This system has helped to spread wealth from the rich to poor in Igbo communities; and many of the big Igbo business men of today went through this system. The likes of Mr Innocent Chukwumma of Innoson Motors, Mr Cosmas Maduka of Coscharis Motors and Chief Alex Chika Okafor of A-Z petroleum are all beneficiaries of this system.

These reasons may not be exhaustive and it will be nice to hear other reasons, I may have omitted.

IGBOS AND MOUTHS ARE LIKE ANUS AND POO IN AS MUCH AS SOME TRUTHS ARE IN THIS CHESTBEATING WRITEUP,NAME THE CRIME-EXCEPT THE NORMAL STEALING-RITUALS,BABY FACTORY,DRUG,KIDNAPPING ETC IGBOS ARE THE PIONEERS ESPECIALLY MONEY RITUALS WITH OTOKOTO-THE PETTY TRADING THING IS MORE OF A FRONT FOR MOST OF THESE SHADY PEOPLE EXCEPT A FEW INNOCENT ONES BUT EVEN WITH ALL THESE YORUBAS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN SEVERAL STEPS AHEAD OF THE IGBOS HOME AND ABROAD IN BIZNESS-THE YORUBA KWARANS TOO HAVE THE APPRENTICE SYSTEM BUT ARE LEVEL HEADED AND ABOUT THE IQ LIE,SCIENTISTS HAVE DEBUNKED THAT-YORUBAS I BELIEVE HAVE HIGHER IQ THAN THE IGBOS GENERALLY AND EVENTS FROM THE OLDEN DAYS AND NOW ATTEST TO THIS-

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by futurism: 10:58pm On Feb 12, 2017
All these people attacking igbos, how many of you have been to your village and can you boast of non existence of mud houses?

In my village... nothing like mud house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by davidif: 11:18pm On Feb 12, 2017
Epositive:
igbos are quite intelligent... ibo is the most intelligent tribe in africa according to the US. as we all know intelligence boosts creativity so u cant take it from them.
.. however, what ibo can do any other tribe can do better

#positivevibes

According to what?!?!? Where did you get that from?
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by henrixx(m): 11:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
Chiebunigom:

Haahaa... e pain you ooo...
Chai....easy, ooo
mtchew. U no know the kind matters wey dey pain
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by ogene70: 12:01am On Feb 13, 2017
DirtyGold:
Whitewashing lies! The Igbos seem to be successful because they've perfected the art of greed and dubiousness. All they care about is money; regardless of how or what they will do to get it. And ofcourse, when something is your stock in trade, you'll device all sorts of tricks and gimmicks to keep your interest afloat (that is when creativity, resilience and courage comes into play). You are thinking of how to help them, they are on the other hand thinking of how to cheat you! Tufiakwa

I have a first hand experience with them so nobody should quote me to tell me shit.

What's tha business?

You maybe right but I have done deals with ibos and I never regreted but I'm in deep regrets right now to have trusted some Yoruba fellows ; one begged for months for me to invest in his project for a turn around period of 4 weeks , just 2.5m and we are in 9th week now , everyday story.
Another also promised to supply logs worth 1.5m since November 2016 , this is February 2017 and I'm yet to get my logs .
But Odinaka in Taraba supplies me logs worth 12m without stories ....now tell me who is the dubious one?

You guys should stop this sentimental nonsense, we have good and bad people in every tribe.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by belovedsamex(m): 12:45am On Feb 13, 2017
DirtyGold:
Whitewashing lies! #The Igbos seem to be successful because they've perfected the art of greed and dubiousness#. All they care about is money; regardless of how or what they will do to get it. And ofcourse, when something is your stock in trade, you'll device all sorts of tricks and gimmicks to keep your interest afloat (that is when creativity, resilience and courage comes into play). You are thinking of how to help them, they are on the other hand thinking of how to cheat you! Tufiakwa

What's tha business?

That's also creativity.

But to treat your Bleep-up, you forgot that your fathers at the helms of Government trying to kill themselves are the worst enemies we have in this country? They say Igbo Man will not rule Nigeria again, but see how your own fathers ruling you have uprooted all the hairs on ur scalp in the name of leadership. Abi is it your brothers that form "Touts" all over the places in Lagos and other places extorting innocent citizens of their hard-earned money in the form of "Owo Omonile".

Oga, I don't want to abuse any tribe here but ur "uncultured" statement is aggravating my spirit. This was a post meant to educate people and not to praise any tribe against the other. There was no comparison of any sort in the post, and those who commented before you graced the post with unbiased mind. But here you are..."Meghee onu gi agboputa nsi na-esi gi n'imi" Anu Mpam.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by belovedsamex(m): 12:53am On Feb 13, 2017
ogene70:

You maybe right but I have done deals with ibos and I never regreted but I'm in deep regrets right now to have trusted some Yoruba fellows ; one begged for months for me to invest in his project for a turn around period of 4 weeks , just 2.5m and we are in 9th week now , everyday story.
Another also promised to supply logs worth 1.5m since November 2016 , this is February 2017 and I'm yet to get my logs .
But Odinaka in Taraba supplies me logs worth 12m without stories ....now tell me who is the dubious one?

You guys should stop this sentimental nonsense, we have good and bad people in every tribe.

True talk my brother.

I dislike people like that guy who insult "a whole tribe" because of an individual's misdemeanor. His type is those people that would relax in one place and wait until the hardworking ones comes back with money, and then they will charge them "Owo Omonile".

Come to lagos and see what they are doing to innocent citizens. They have baptismal name for every money they want to collect:

#Owo for passing this route
#Owo for digging on our soil
#Owo for selling something on this street
#Owo for laughing loud on our road
#Owo for this
#Owo for that

Laziness wan kill you. Anu ebule! Mtchew!

5 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by uvalued(m): 3:09am On Feb 13, 2017
Financialslot:
Source: http://www.financialslot.com/2017/02/08/reasons-igbo-mans-impressive-successes-entrepreneurship/

I did not witness the Nigerian Civil war (1968-1970) because I was not born by that time, but I have read a lot about it in addition to listening to eye witness accounts from those who were there and even fought on different sides.

The Igbos lost almost everything during the war. They abandoned their businesses and properties outside Igbo land and moved home for safety as they became easy targets for mischief makers. These assets were mostly forfeited, confiscated or hijacked. This was the era when the term “Abandoned Property” became popular and real.

After the war, they were further subjected to financial and economic hardship, as their bank accounts were credited with a flat rate of 20 pounds irrespective of the volume of Biafra pounds in those accounts, effectively rendering them penniless.

This happened almost fifty years ago, as today the Igbos have moved on with their lives conquering the Nigerian business environment and building large business empires for themselves. Everywhere in Nigeria today, you will find very successful Igbo business men and women making the country proud in their various entrepreneurial pursuits.

How did they do it despite all the setback and challenges?. These should be some of the reasons why they have become a phenomenon in entrepreneurship.

Courage: The average Igbo is very courageous and ready to surmount every challenge in the pursuit of anything he sets out to accomplish. They are also very adventurous and ready to relocate to new places despite the inherent risks, as long as they can see opportunities. There is probably at least one Igbo man or woman in every country in the world.

Resilience: They focus on opportunities and ignore challenges, this makes them very tough and flexible. The Igbo man will nurture his small business painstakingly taking risks and experimenting and innovating with different strategies until the business begins to boom and flourish.

Creativity: I read accounts of how the Igbos improvised and created their tanks and refineries during the civil war. Today the likes of Innocent Chukwuma of Innoson Industries are building cars and fabricating spare parts for the Nigerian Air force. If you still have doubts about the Igboman’s creativity then visit Nnewi and Aba to see how all types of machinery are fabricated.

Support system: The have a way of rallying round each other to ensure that their successes are multiplied. You will find all types of Igbo unions, clubs and associations in every city in this country; and even in most countries of the world. They have gone a step further to install Igbo traditional rulers outside their ancestral homes (eg. Eze Ndigbo of Lagos), who will govern their affairs and mediate in crises situations.

Apprentice System: Success in Entrepreneurship requires knowledge, mentorship and capital. The Igbos developed their own home grown system of entrepreneurship. This unique form of apprenticeship allows a male family member or community member to spend time and work with another family. During this period, the apprentice will learn the trade of his master and would also receive mentorship. At the end of the agreed period, the master will establish his apprentice; either by setting up a separate business for him, or giving him money or tools to earn a living. This system has helped to spread wealth from the rich to poor in Igbo communities; and many of the big Igbo business men of today went through this system. The likes of Mr Innocent Chukwumma of Innoson Motors, Mr Cosmas Maduka of Coscharis Motors and Chief Alex Chika Okafor of A-Z petroleum are all beneficiaries of this system.

These reasons may not be exhaustive and it will be nice to hear other reasons, I may have omitted.

imbibe a head a first
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Nobody: 5:57am On Feb 13, 2017
shamecurls:

No mind dem!

Na there way!

Wetin no show for there body.....

Intelligence that can't salvage there region grin grin grin from exporting human resource to all nooks and crannies of Nigeria.

SORRY!
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by vicfajeze: 6:40am On Feb 13, 2017
The best tribe in AFRICA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by lordyugo: 6:59am On Feb 13, 2017
bigtiny10:
LMAO. This mumu sef wan dey show verbiage. You think say everybody go Otulemukpe High School like you. Lubbish. grin

"Yawns" am sorry I dnt speak "stupid"
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 13, 2017
lordyugo:

"Yawns" am sorry I dnt speak "stupid"
Awww. Igbo in denial. grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by engrchykae(m): 8:02am On Feb 13, 2017
elsomm:

So what's the original name
hebrew.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by lordyugo: 9:38am On Feb 13, 2017
bigtiny10:
Awww. Igbo in denial. grin

AFONJAS always stewing in DELUSIONS IN GRANDEUR .loooool
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Basukala(m): 10:53am On Feb 13, 2017
Epositive:
igbos are quite intelligent... ibo is the most intelligent tribe in africa according to the US. as we all know intelligence boosts creativity so u cant take it from them.
.. however, what ibo can do any other tribe can do better

#positivevibes

U much right
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by IkpuMmadu: 9:25pm On Jul 19, 2017
Nawa
Pureheart91:
I believe ibos' are go-getters...much more better hustlers..

Infact an average ibo man is an engineer in his own field cos he lives and breeds on inovation.. Especially when he thrives to meet the endgoal of maximizing his profits.
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by ewa26: 4:14pm On May 20, 2020
SalamRushdie:

Not true, the average Igbo suffers from aspergers which I have found out is a key ingredient for success in life ..

how?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zugacoin: Nigerian Cryptocurrency To Be Used To Buy Innoson Vehicles, Others / Skrill (moneybookers) Now Accepts Nigerian Account / N3million Naira, What Business Profitable Business Can It Float?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.