Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,393 members, 7,836,581 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business (42950 Views)

Sunmonu Succeeds Aig-imoukhuede As Chairman, Wapic Insurance Plc / MUST READ: Ways To Help Ensure Your Business Succeeds / Innoson EFCC Arrest & The GTB Loan: "Innoson Stop Playing The Igbo Tribe Card" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Bujumbura(m): 5:41pm On Feb 12, 2017
Azil:
It's the depth they are willing to sink to get money ( the legitimate ones). When I was a student in the East, right opposite my house was a man who sold pepper soup, cooked and serve all by himself. I liked him for it.

Being a southerner,I see lots of lazy and entitled men/boys.

I admire the legit hustle spirit in the Igbos.
which school cos it sounds familiar

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by divineshare(m): 5:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
billyG:
they succeed in biz b/c they lied,are dubious,greedy & sell fake goods.

That's the case because majority of traders are Igbos. As we all know in eveey 12 there is 1 Judas.
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by UncutSk(m): 5:46pm On Feb 12, 2017
holamiday:
I am a pure-blooded Afonja but i admit the igbo man is all that and even more. If given adequate support, the igbo man can single-handedly industrialize Nigeria and take us to that height in production we've really sought for decades on end.

Well, you forgot to add that the igbo man is also criminally minded & un-trustworthy. This vice still helps him succeed in business anyways.
fukk afonjas

4 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Tobycharles: 5:47pm On Feb 12, 2017
Epositive:
igbos are quite intelligent... ibo is the most intelligent tribe in africa according to the US. as we all know intelligence boosts creativity so u cant take it from them.
.. however, what ibo can do any other tribe can do better

#positivevibes
As a Yoruba guy, I concur, sentiment aside, I respect Igbos in that regard.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Nobody: 5:50pm On Feb 12, 2017
Well said but OP not everyone fits into that stereotype bruh undecided
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Afam4eva(m): 5:53pm On Feb 12, 2017
PapaBrowne:
The apprentice system is in my opinion the most important ingredient of the IBO entrepreneurial success story
I quite agree with you. The apprentice system has changed the lives of families and it seems likethe easiest way for some people to set themselves up. However, i think it has come a time when it needs to be more structured so that some people don't get cheated.

@topic
I think the Igbos have come a long way since they were almost annihilated physically, emotionally, socially and economically during the civil war. I've never met any group anywhere i the world that recovered from a civil war in such a short time. It's unheard of, atleast in this part of the world. I think what has kept Igbos afloat is their never say die spirit. They get rich or die trying.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by madridsta007(m): 5:56pm On Feb 12, 2017
holamiday:
I am a pure-blooded Afonja but i admit the igbo man is all that and even more. If given adequate support, the igbo man can single-handedly industrialize Nigeria and take us to that height in production we've really sought for decades on end.

Well, you forgot to add that the igbo man is also criminally minded & un-trustworthy. This vice still helps him succeed in business anyways.

You described you described yourself as an "afonja" and took a few seconds just to live up to that description and name with your jealousy and hate. You deserve an award, don't you think?

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Nobody: 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
engrchykae:
the resilience during the war and their comeback after the war is enough reason.common sense is another reason to tell you that free feeding of school children and paying graduates 5k was a trick that got hausa and yoruba votes but not ibo votes because of the i can make it mentality of the ibo.ç
And whenever I try to be innocuous in my posts on nairaland, some ïdiot will always show up to advertise the prevalent stüpidity genes in his lineage. Wetin konsign this matter and common sense now? Your propinquity to making such reference shows that you really do have "common sense". If your people weren't targets of the so-called 5k-trick, I expect your majority to be in the comfort of their huts; not getting banged in brothels, selling plantain chips in Lagos traffic and leading in the statistical mode of Nigerian drug peddlers. You were resilient in a war where odds were stacked against you and fought for a lost cause, that's sheer stüpidity not bravery. You were so "smart" you saw through the deceptions of the 5k-stipend program, yet we all know how the Rivers gubernatorial rerun went down. I salute your PhD for Mumulogy.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by jamex93(m): 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
nwabobo:

Nwanne, ofe nsala nke a bu ebe ano.

I am not igbo, but I just love that tribe....

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by dingbang(m): 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
Lol is an Igbo man d richest man in Africa?

Yes or no? grin
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by jamex93(m): 5:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
Nma27:
What kinda temptation is this biko? ??

lolx
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by mfm04622: 6:00pm On Feb 12, 2017
There are only two things. You mentioned only one. The Apprenticeship system. The second one is the competition brought by the age grade system. Forget every other point you mentioned.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by ezegold4we: 6:00pm On Feb 12, 2017
one thjing with the igbo man is that he has an independent spirit which tells him within himself that impossibility does not exist,

an igbo is ready to leave his comfort zone once he sees that theres an opportunity on the other side,

igbo people are flexible,they can adapt to any enviroment they find themselves without much complain

the igbo man is 24/7 eager for success

as for dangote,hes government pikin,and he himself knows that,

if u want to talk of real entreprenures,then talk of warren buffet and donald trumph,

trumph challenged both obama,the bush legacy and the clintons and still won the election,he was able to do so cos he has no government backings in his business,

the same cannot be said of dangote,adenuga,dantata or even otedola,

u can see the reason why the igbo race is the most successful tribe in nigeria,

theres no part of nigerian where u will not see the presence and investments of igbo people

elrufai attested to this when he was fct minister,he said that igbos has bought 60% of lands in abuja,go to lagos and kano,same is applicable,

so i am here to say that the igbos are the genuine owners and believers in one nigeria,i rest my case.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Nobody: 6:06pm On Feb 12, 2017
Nathan2016:
Igbo kwenu.

Please watch out for them..

They will soon arrive..
Them no de use ear hear igbo

No argue with them, we know who we 4are

Okay Op heres one

Igbo man is not lazy

Igbo man... this is a good one, and i think important one.... An igbo man puts logic above culture .... if you look at nigeria or if you have been around tribes in nigeria, most tribes wear their culture and religion like a cloth...thereby not allowing them excercise their potential.... And you can agree with me that many African culture contradicts innovative logic which can help the society system...

Most tribes in Nigeria are slaves to their culture and religion, thereby shuting them out from the rest of the world...
true

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Financialslot: 6:07pm On Feb 12, 2017
mfm04622:
There are only two things. You mentioned only one. The Apprenticeship system. The second one is the competition brought by the age grade system. Forget every other point you mentioned.

Thanks. I never thought of this one. I still dey learn
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by NotComplaining: 6:09pm On Feb 12, 2017
gabazin080:
na wa o. so na only ibo dey succeed for business abi.
i guess dangote is also an ibo man

How many Dangote's dey north? Dangote is an exception not the rule.

I am compelled to believe in alot of things the OP has pointed out. Igbos dont stand around waiting for hand outs (north), feel overtly entitled at others' expense (central and West).

Igbos do have an it factor about themselves that other Nigerian cultures relish. Well done Igbos for keeping Africans at the heart of global development.

If naija divides today Igbos will do very well without oil money and legacy ports. Their social structure will quickly repair the damage of lost revenues from abstract sources.

I'm a proud Muslim Yoruba man and this is my message.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by leonene(m): 6:12pm On Feb 12, 2017
Igbo's are d successful business men n women right?

But where are they in Africa ranking for example.

1. Dangote, he is not a successful business man? How many Igbo's can compete with his daughter come to talk of Dangote.

2. Mike Adenuga which Igbo man can have good business acumen d way d man is?

3. Femi Otedela an oil baron is he not a successful business man?

4. Folaroshon Alakija the third Africa richest woman how many Igbo woman has been rank to that level.

Igbo's Men n Women I know them of doing small scale business (Petty Business) That is all.............

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by justmenoni: 6:13pm On Feb 12, 2017
Op, please add imitation to that list
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by ibkgab001: 6:17pm On Feb 12, 2017
I liked your post .... But remember the pride and arogance in them is second to none

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by konfused: 6:20pm On Feb 12, 2017
Nathan2016:
True,, But please there is nothing like ibo, is IGBO....not IBO....IBO is wrong abeg....too much phonetics.....

Nna eh, ike gwuru...

I wonder what's so difficult in adding the 'g'....

There is nothing like "ibo", it's meaningless

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Mrbigman1(m): 6:21pm On Feb 12, 2017
faithugo64:
Igbo kwenu!

Kwenu!!

Kwezuenu!!!

Etere ugba

Etere ose

Nke bu eziokwu bu

Igbo Amaka

Chukwu goziri anyi

Nyekwa anyi ogugu isi di egwu

Maka ndi anya ufu down there

Onye si na Ihe oma adighi ya mma
Ya gaa kata onugbo taa

Lol, so onugbo bu ihe ojoo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Nobody: 6:26pm On Feb 12, 2017
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by konfused: 6:29pm On Feb 12, 2017
engrchykae:
from HEBREW to HABIRU to IBRU to IBO,igbo is a derogatory name forced on us by the Bini slave hunters.

Do you have any source for this ur assertion
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Nobody: 6:43pm On Feb 12, 2017
wow Yes so true. Igbo can carry any amount of KILOGRAM to BRAZIL SOUTH AFRICA OR THAILAND and make huge money. so i agree. #imwaitingtho

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Lighthouseman: 6:46pm On Feb 12, 2017
gabazin080:
Our people have an adage that if a man builds mansion buy thatch houses surround him, he is a poor man.
Dangote us surrounded by lots of thatch houses...

7 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by melodyogonna(m): 6:52pm On Feb 12, 2017
faithugo64:
Igbo kwenu!
Kwenu!!
Kwezuenu!!!

Etere ugba
Etere ose
Nke bu eziokwu bu

Igbo Amaka
Chukwu goziri anyi
Nyekwa anyi ogugu isi di egwu
Maka ndi anya ufu down there
Onye si na Ihe oma adighi ya mma Ya gaa kata onugbo taa
oburu na oweghi onugbo, nya bia ka m nye ya.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by mich24(m): 6:57pm On Feb 12, 2017
ezegold4we:
one thjing with the igbo man is that he has an independent spirit which tells him within himself that impossibility does not exist,

an igbo is ready to leave his comfort zone once he sees that theres an opportunity on the other side,

igbo people are flexible,they can adapt to any enviroment they find themselves without much complain

the igbo man is 24/7 eager for success

as for dangote,hes government pikin,and he himself knows that,

if u want to talk of real entreprenures,then talk of warren buffet and donald trumph,

trumph challenged both obama,the bush legacy and the clintons and still won the election,he was able to do so cos he has no government backings in his business,

the same cannot be said of dangote,adenuga,dantata or even otedola,

u can see the reason why the igbo race is the most successful tribe in nigeria,

theres no part of nigerian where u will not see the presence and investments of igbo people

elrufai attested to this when he was fct minister,he said that igbos has bought 60% of lands in abuja,go to lagos and kano,same is applicable,

so i am here to say that the igbos are the genuine owners and believers in one nigeria,i rest my case.
leonene:
Igbo's are d successful business men n women right?

But where are they in Africa ranking for example.

1. Dangote, he is not a successful business man? How many Igbo's can compete with his daughter come to talk of Dangote.

2. Mike Adenuga which Igbo man can have good business acumen d way d man is?

3. Femi Otedela an oil baron is he not a successful business man?

4. Folaroshon Alakija the third Africa richest woman how many Igbo woman has been rank to that level.

Igbo's Men n Women I know them of doing small scale business (Petty Business) That is all.............

Leonene read from Ezegold to learn more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Nobody: 6:59pm On Feb 12, 2017
Anticorruption:
cool

they are also risk takers

done biz worth millions with some of them and we are yet to see face to face

This here is very true. My most valuable customer is an ibo man and I must confess that his input in my life is second only to God. He taught me that trust is the most important weapon in an entrepreneur's arsenal

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 12, 2017
madridsta007:

You described you described yourself as an "afonja" and took a few seconds just to live up to that description and name with your jealousy and hate. You deserve an award, don't you think?
Guy get out of my face. I don't do tribal nonsense. I only passed a comment.
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Nobody: 7:17pm On Feb 12, 2017
UncutSk:
fukk afonjas
Fvck UncutSk!!
Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by Omeny: 7:31pm On Feb 12, 2017
gabazin080:

Am not an Ibo man ooo.

But did an Ibo man got half of pampering that dangote got from various govts especially Obj and Gej and now Pmb including various state govs?

Do u still remember banning of all other marketers of importing Sugar,cement etc into the country except dangote?

God is kind to those pple abeg, If the north or the west had gone past what the Ibos went through,I fear how they would have be by now.

God bless 9ja.

8 Likes

Re: 5 Reasons Why The Igbo Man Succeeds In Business by talk2emma: 7:32pm On Feb 12, 2017
God bless IBO nation

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zugacoin: Nigerian Cryptocurrency To Be Used To Buy Innoson Vehicles, Others / Skrill (moneybookers) Now Accepts Nigerian Account / N3million Naira, What Business Profitable Business Can It Float?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.