Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,260 members, 7,815,416 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (97) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. (60215 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 4:05pm On Feb 16, 2010
Hope deferred maketh the heart weak, that is what is affecting Debosky at present, he would have been one of those accusing Moses in the desert those days.  grin grin grin

@Debosky
While I accept most of what you say about the 2 businesses being run separately from each other, you can't but keep in mind that they however don't submit different reports. If you no dey inner inner, I'm not sure you can really have the details of which monies is used for what per se, particularly when they don't declare different profits or losses individually for each arm of the business as a different report.

I do feel you sha about the trophies thingy and we really should start winning soon, I'm sure even the board must feel the same now but like Arsene, I don't necessarily believe that big name signings will be the magic solution everyone anticipates it will be, we are really very close this season unlike the last one where we took a step back and I do think we are on the verge of doing something big like doing a quadruple (not this season though so no one should get on my back about that) but the quality of players we are developing is quite impressive and when we do start winning I tell you its going to be for a looooong time.

Edit:
I just looked at the financial reports again and even though it talks about funding and the loans taken for the Highbury square project (which has now been reduced to 47 million after sales of some of the flats), it is less forthcoming on where the funding for the Queensland project will come from, the interest and loan repayment for the Stadium is also pending so its definitely not yet Uhuru.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by tkb417(m): 4:40pm On Feb 16, 2010
Duduspace and Debosky
u guys shd go and sign up with the UCL fantasy league b4 it closes na

it will close b4 the game tonite
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by proudly9ja(m): 5:07pm On Feb 16, 2010
Arsenal miss out on 5 top players for the away game to Porto.

Gallas, Almunia, Eduardo, Song and Arshavin all out.

Id expect Sol Campbell, Fabianski and Eboue to come in for 4 of the 5 above. Edu was prolly not going to be i the starting 11 anyways.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2010
proudly9ja:

Id expect Sol Campbell, Fabianski and Eboue to come in for 4 of the 5 above. Edu was prolly not going to be i the starting 11 anyways.

No shaking, its time to show our strength in depth anyway.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by proudly9ja(m): 5:52pm On Feb 16, 2010
I hope Wenger will change tactics for this one. 4 - 5 - 1 will be a good system for us. We need a good result to make the return leg at the Emirates easier on us. Let's also remember that we are now playing to win most if not all of our matches in the EPL now so we shouldn't make things too difficult if we can in the CL.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 6:02pm On Feb 16, 2010
proudly9ja:

shocked shocked shocked shocked
I keep saying this . . . .
How this team, with this amazing list of injuries, are still competing, is amazing !!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 6:06pm On Feb 16, 2010
Amazing or an all too often occurring excuse?

Time will tell.

PS - Utd are missing Giggs, Vidic and Anderson among others and are 'still competing' too.

When we learn to have a squad big enough to progress regardless of our ever occuring injuries or get to the root of persistent injuries by our players, then we will have a true chance at greatness.

It is no coincidence that the bulk of the invincibles team (those guys again) were able to play 30+ games that season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by biolabee(m): 7:12pm On Feb 16, 2010
based on what has been expended we are still in the best four in england wich is no mean feat
we shd however be true to ourselves that the club has lost what it is to compete
AW himself has said it we are not competing with manu and chelsea countless times

we shd just take it as it is,
tonight i hope we win though we hv no depth as dudu is asking for
we scale porto its a potential barca match up in the next round or even better our devils or pensioners

we shd just take it a match at a time

we hv known rvp can never last a season (last was a blip) we sold ade (which i wanted) but never repalced him (which i did not expect) we give contracts to pipes such as edu, vela n rosicky (never has impressed me) though he is one of the most experienced

on the age basis, the truth is that these guys have played for 3-4 yrs now and still they never had the total quality to challange. if CR7 was in the manu squad, they will be 8 points ahead, our 3 rd position is not because we are fantastic but that others have not seized the moment

we lose a kolo and get old man campbell, or we expect denilson to be in a trophy winning team someone that shd be shipped off
or the fact that nicky has now becaome our saviour

lets face it, AW is one of the best managers in the world but he is excited by youth blossoming and not trophies

My prayer is that we reach qtr of UCL and at least 3rd place, we have achieved something
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by allboyz(m): 7:41pm On Feb 16, 2010
nuffin do us !!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 7:47pm On Feb 16, 2010
HNIC:

I keep saying this . . . .
How this team, with this amazing list of injuries, are still competing, is amazing !!!!!!!!

Competing?
Have Arsenal competed in the past 5 seasons? grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by allboyz(m): 8:11pm On Feb 16, 2010
~Sauron~:

Competing?
Have Arsenal competed in the past 5 seasons? grin grin grin

Sure. . . .UCL - season in season out with clubs like City and A.villa spending Millions to achieve that!!! even much more!!! cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by duduspace(m): 12:12am On Feb 17, 2010
Did anyone see the howler from Shay Given against Stoke?
what was that about? even I could have caught that ball, it is worse than anything Almunia has done this season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 12:14am On Feb 17, 2010
duduspace:

Did anyone see the howler from Shay Given against Stoke?
what was that about? even I could have caught that ball, it is worse than anything Almunia has done this season.

Hardly - not worse than heading the ball into your own net because you misjudged the flight of the ball. Besides, Almunia has made multiple howlers, not just one - even the best keepers - Cech, VDS and Pepe have howlers once in a while, but by and large, you can count on them.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by debosky(m): 12:21am On Feb 17, 2010
duduspace:

Edit:
I just looked at the financial reports again and even though it talks about funding and the loans taken for the Highbury square project (which has now been reduced to 47 million after sales of some of the flats), it is less forthcoming on where the funding for the Queensland project will come from, the interest and loan repayment for the Stadium is also pending so its definitely not yet Uhuru.

Not quite

Read below:

The Group’s property development financing consists of the Highbury Square loan facility which has been referred to above, and a small loan being used for the Queensland Road development of which £6.0 million had been drawn by the end of the year (2008 ‐ £5.2 million). The interest swaps which were in place to fix the rate of the Highbury Square loan expired during the year and subsequently interest charges are being paid at a variable rate, so benefitting from the current low level of base rate.

There is obviously going to be stand alone loan financing for ANY property project, and at least 70% of any football income from transfers MUST be spent on the team - those are the terms of the Emirates Stadium loan.

From the above, Arsene is either sitting on the Kolo and Ade profit, or he has frittered it away giving long term deals to players like Vela who have done NOTHING to deserve them.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by DrKitaun(m): 12:46am On Feb 17, 2010
OK Debo . . . cheesy

lets go all calculus on our becoming EPL Champions this season  grin

if it happens . . .would it be a miracle ? maybe or MAYBE NOT, who knows ? 

The season is so funny and am thinking, hoping, praying and feeling that Chelski and Manure might just GIFT us the EPL so I can gladly come here to label myself a RETARDED ASSWIPE  grin  grin

So many points to fight for . . .we at the business end of the season, yet though we have relatively cheaper fixtures we cant even boast of winning up to 10 games on a  trot which we know Chelski and Manure can do on their good days, though its obvious the 2 teams are having too many off days  grin

Another major problem is ; AW has said finishing 3rd is better than winning the FA Cup . . .who knows if per adventure we get kicked out of the UECL this season he will still come out to say 3rd position was always going to be better than finishing higher in the UECL places 1/8 and above ? 

Why am I not even talking about the Champions league sef ? SONG out . . .GALLAS out. . . and the other grade B players like AA23, Eduardo and Aluminia out . . .na wa o  shocked

Too many prognostications . . .I don tire sef  grin  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by proudly9ja(m): 3:04am On Feb 17, 2010
I hope we win the league but if we do, it will be more of United and \Chelsea losing it than us winning it.
My only fear is if we win th league, Wenger might come out and tell us 'I told you so' and still stick to his youth policy. Whichever ways, I remain a gooner and can only wish the best for my team.

Porto 0 - 2 Arsenal (Fabregas, Eboue)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 7:58am On Feb 17, 2010
debosky:

Amazing or an all too often occurring excuse?

Time will tell.

PS - Utd are missing Giggs, Vidic and Anderson among others and are 'still competing' too.

When we learn to have a squad big enough to progress regardless of our ever occuring injuries or get to the root of persistent injuries by our players, then we will have a true chance at greatness.

It is no coincidence that the bulk of the invincibles team (those guys again) were able to play 30+ games that season.
come on debo, this pessimism is getting the better of you.
My statement of us still competing was not done to eulogise the team
There are no excuses for failure really.
It's not anyone's business if your players are crocked.
I just find it amazing that we are still in any competition.
proudly9ja:

I hope we win the league but if we do, it will be more of United and \Chelsea losing it than us winning it.
Come on Proudly9ja,If we win the league, we deserve it, simple!not a case of United/Chelsea losing it.
It's a marathon and not a knockout competition.
You can't be league champions by luck.
You have 38 games in 9 months to show what you are made of.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by slimshay(m): 8:15am On Feb 17, 2010
Ok how often to you get to have an arsenal match on your birthday which turns out be an ash wednesday?!!!!

Alrite you Gunners I want my birthday gift!!!!!! A win in the Dragao!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 8:31am On Feb 17, 2010
slimshay:

Ok how often to you get to have an arsenal match on your birthday which turns out be an ash wednesday?!!!!

Alrite you Gunners I want my birthday gift!!!!!! A win in the Dragao!!!!!
@Slimshay
Happy birthday and many happy returns of the day.Hope the lads will make it memorable.
Big Sol to score twice from Fab4's setpiece grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by v3: 8:44am On Feb 17, 2010
Ha. . It all fits-in

Ash Wednesday
Ashenal vs Porto grin grin shocked shocked on an Ash Wednesday
Slims birthday. . .

Lawdy Lawd. . .There's gonna be slaying of "dragons" today @ the "Dragao"

Fellow Gunz, we meet to pray this afternoon, cum with your cannons and shaka-kpo'z

Yours in truth

Prophet v3
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by tayoccu(m): 10:19am On Feb 17, 2010
1 solemn prayer:
Father GOD please let Arsenal slay dragons today @ the Dragao, let them give slimshay the perfect birthday present in Jesus name i pray.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by FBS: 10:25am On Feb 17, 2010
Happy Birthday Slimshay.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by proudly9ja(m): 10:34am On Feb 17, 2010
HNIC:

Come on Proudly9ja,If we win the league, we deserve it, simple!not a case of United/Chelsea losing it.
It's a marathon and not a knockout competition.
You can't be league champions by luck.
You have 38 games in 9 months to show what you are made of.

Well, I wouldn't say luck really just a case of United and Chelsea not being up to their usual strength which is understandable (especially for United who lost CR last season).

Point is, if we win the league and continue with the same system of not buying players next season, we won't win it again. That's the point I was trying to make with my above post. One would look at the United team and Chelsea team every season and expect that they would at least win something. Even when SAF lost Ronaldo, he brought in Valencia, Obertan and Owen and Rooney has really stepped up. That's someone who has ambition. Our manager has indirectly told us he is not interested in winning , afterall, third place is better than winning the FA Cup.

Ive always maintained that if Arsene came out and told us that we are a selling club interested only in building players and selling them, I won't mind  cos at least Il know not to raise my hopes about winning a title. Now that he has indirectly said that, I watch Arsenal these days to see how Diaby, Nasri, etal have developed and try and guess how much they will go for in 2/3 years to come.

Meanwhile, Happy Birthday Slimshay!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 11:58am On Feb 17, 2010
proudly9ja:

Point is, if we win the league and continue with the same system of not buying players next season, we won't win it again. That's the point I was trying to make with my above post.
Very true
proudly9ja:

Even when SAF lost Ronaldo, he brought in Valencia, Obertan and Owen and Rooney has really stepped up. That's someone who has ambition.
I don't agree with you on the highlighted.All three have been worthless so far!
proudly9ja:

Now that he has indirectly said that, I watch Arsenal these days to see how Diaby, Nasri, etal have developed and try and guess how much they will go for in 2/3 years to come.
This got me laughing real hard. grin grin grin grin grin
You too funny
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 12:05pm On Feb 17, 2010
HNIC:

All three have been worthless so far!

They have been worthless and yet they sodomised you HOME/AWAY this season.
The team has outscored others in the league with just a point below league leaders having played 2 CMs in their defence for a long spell.

Wenger will kill to be in SAF's position as we speak.
Letz see how you will hold against Hulk's Porto FC.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by allboyz(m): 12:17pm On Feb 17, 2010
Sol will give us an edge surely if he starts as i will be ok wit all the set pieces.

nuffin do us. . .we dey win jor. . . .

3 - 1
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Femzi(m): 12:19pm On Feb 17, 2010
[color=#990000][/color] u guyz r goin dwn
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by HNIC(m): 12:23pm On Feb 17, 2010
~Sauron~:

They have been worthless and yet they sodomised you HOME/AWAY this season.
Which of the three played at the Emirates, except maybe a 10minutes cameo show.They didnt score did they?
and forget about the O.T match.You had Abou Diaby and the blind ref to thank for the 3 points!
~Sauron~:

The team has outscored others in the league with just a point below league leaders having played 2 CMs in their defence for a long spell.

Please correct the highlighted
Long spells
I can also say, which team can be 3rd in the league,6 points adrift and have played 4-6-0 formation for 25/26 league matches? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by allboyz(m): 12:37pm On Feb 17, 2010
HNIC:

Which of the three played at the Emirates, except maybe a 10minutes cameo show.They didnt score did they?
and forget about the O.T match.You had Abou Diaby and the blind ref to thank for the 3 points!
Long spells
I can also say, which team can be 3rd in the league,6 points adrift and have played 4-6-0 formation for 25/26 league matches? grin

SECONDED!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by allboyz(m): 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2010
lets face reality. . . this ARSENAL team with their calibre of player have tried i MUST confess!!!!. . .HABA! no striker. . .!!!its just due to the big name of the club that makes ppl to expect sooooo much from them. . . .if they win the EPL and or UCL. . . they deserve the best club of the century!!!!!!!!! tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by Sauron1: 1:39pm On Feb 17, 2010
HNIC:

Which of the three played at the Emirates, except maybe a 10minutes cameo show.

They participated.
3 points at the Emirates is only 5% of the total points United have copped this season.

They didnt score did they?

Nani did not score but he sodomised Arsenal without condoms.

Abou Diaby musta been bribed then to score into his own net.
Useless buncha mediocres.

Long spells

Yes, long spells.
This season, Vidic/Rio have only played together only FOUR TIMES.
VDS was absent for ages and yet United keep slapping pathetic clubs like the GAYnners.

3rd in the league that you can never win - Not good enough.
Out of all domestic cup competitions - No trip to Wembley this season.
UEFA Champions League? Not in a million years as Chelsea and Man Utd are also in that competition.

Arsene Wenger cannot win a 2-legged tie against Chelsea and Man Utd till the 2nd coming of Jesus.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only. by dayokanu(m): 1:48pm On Feb 17, 2010
When I say GAYYners are delusional people think I exaggerate.

So being in competition is all that matters?

Qualifying in a group of AZ Almaar, Panathinaikos and Liege is what keeps you in the CL and you think that is a big deal?

In the EPL a third place is what you call competing? After both rivals sodomised y'all home and away.

Na wa for that compete o

This injury excuse is getting ridiculous. Bayern lost their 2 best players to injury this season yet they are neck-to-neck with the only unbeaten team in a European league this season.

Pound for Pound, Man Utd has suffered more injuries than Arsenal this season yet Fergie doesnt come up with that excuse.

(1) (2) (3) ... (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) (100)

Chelsea Vs Manchester City (2- 1) On 25th June 2020 / Manchester City Vs Arsenal - (3 - 0) On 17th June 2020 / Chelsea Vs Manchester United (1 - 1) On November 28 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.