Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,370 members, 7,833,372 topics. Date: Sunday, 19 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? (897 Views)

Anita & Jide: Man Who Earns ₦15m Asks His Fiancee Who Earns ₦42m To Quit Her Job / This Pretty Nigerian Lady Is Looking For A Husband, See Her Requirements! / He Earns 200k But Hardly Give Me 3k In 3months! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by Shydon(m): 9:55pm On Feb 11, 2017
This is one issue that has been highly contentious. There seems to be sharp disagreements when ever this issue is brought up. And this is for obvious reasons. It's actually confusing.

As one who intends to marry in the nearest future, I know no knowledge is a waste regarding marital stuff. I am also not someone who prefer learning from my experience. I believe learning from other people's experience is far better. Beside, not all experience provide one with a second chance...One might not live to put the learned experience to use, you know!

So, here are the questions:
Should a husband open up to his wife about all his income?
What are the pros and cons of such an action
Pls be mature in making your point.
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by emzreus(m): 9:56pm On Feb 11, 2017
I blv there should be transparency
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by loiusdthird(m): 9:58pm On Feb 11, 2017
yes cus u need to plan ur future together
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by dingbang(m): 9:58pm On Feb 11, 2017
That should not be a cause for problem
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by kilokeys(m): 9:58pm On Feb 11, 2017
i am about calling it quits with my bae cos she thinks a man shouldnt care about what a woman earns..

i cant understand.

money shouldnt be a secret...

infact i love women cos of their frugality, they are good accountants.

so my wife would know my earnings, infact, ill give her the bulk to run the house, save in our joint accounts.. while i keep some change for beer or other miscellaneous grin

guys ... lemme warn u... before dating, know what that gurl thinks about finance, and also know her religious belief...

for me.. secretive, superstitious, die-by-fire pple are not my type.. i hope i become free soonest

and i deserve to know how she spends hers too.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by AgbenuAnna(f): 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2017
only if she's not a spendthrift. She would request less when she knows your income
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by ojun50(m): 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2017
No try am
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by Shydon(m): 10:01pm On Feb 11, 2017
emzreus:
I blv there should be transparency
Even when you know that the ' financial transparency' would definitely bring about ridiculous demands from her
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by midehi2(f): 10:03pm On Feb 11, 2017
to an understanding wife, yes

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by Shydon(m): 10:04pm On Feb 11, 2017
ojun50:
No try am
Why not? Ain't husband and wife one and the same in both body and soul?
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by lodphil(m): 10:05pm On Feb 11, 2017
AgbenuAnna:
only if she's not a spendthrift. She would request less when she knows your income
Hope you are not a spendthrift cos those ur eyes eeh.
Let me just comment my reserve
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by Shydon(m): 10:06pm On Feb 11, 2017
lodphil:
Sharp guy!
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by ojun50(m): 10:09pm On Feb 11, 2017
Shydon:

Why not? Ain't husband and wife one and the same in both body and soul?
no be for money
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by bitchcrafts: 10:10pm On Feb 11, 2017
It's not a must, I think
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by Shydon(m): 10:14pm On Feb 11, 2017
ojun50:
no be for money
But only in the 'other room', right?
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by Shydon(m): 10:15pm On Feb 11, 2017
ojun50:
no be for money
But only in the 'other room', right?
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by Shydon(m): 10:16pm On Feb 11, 2017
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Feb 11, 2017
Is necessary for couples to know how much each and everyone of them makes a month.it helps in managing well.
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by lodphil(m): 10:31pm On Feb 11, 2017
Shydon:

Sharp guy!
my guy no nah,e never reach that level.

1 Like

Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by NoBetterNigeria: 10:35pm On Feb 11, 2017
Kini Big Deal
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by fbtowner(m): 10:50pm On Feb 11, 2017
ojun50:
No try am
no mind this ppl shouting transparency

no soul on earth can know how much I earn
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by RotgakSlay(m): 11:14pm On Feb 11, 2017
yea some how it helps
bt mean while

Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by Nobody: 11:21pm On Feb 11, 2017
If I can't trust my wife or share such then there's no point getting married to such
Re: Should A Husband Reveals What He Earns To His Wife? by AgbenuAnna(f): 4:52pm On Feb 12, 2017
lodphil:
lol am not.I have his debit card pin and other valuables his withdrawal slip is with me,u no nobody will give you those when you spend too much.

comment your comment oh,no harm in talking you might be right

(1) (Reply)

10 Suicidal Signs In People / Quiz Of The Day!! Solve This Within A Minute Then You’re Very Intelligent [photo / Should A Man Give Up His Female Friends Once He's Married? (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.