Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,217 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:24 AM

CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls (65051 Views)

Why I Didn’t Discuss ‘shithole’ Comment With Trump – Buhari / Read The Content Of President Buhari's Phone Conversation With Donald Trump / CNN, White House Confirm Trump’s Conversation With Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by lightblazingnow(m): 7:18pm On Feb 13, 2017
CNN)President Donald Trump has been increasingly chatting with other world leaders during his first weeks in office. On Monday he turned his attention to Africa.

Trump spent Monday morning calling two of the continent's most prominent leaders, Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari and South African President Jacob Zuma, to discuss combating terrorism, trade relations and other issues.

According to Buhari's aide, Femi Adesina, Trump assured the Nigerian president that the US is ready to help obtain "a new deal in helping Nigeria in terms of military weapons to combat terrorism."

In a statement to CNN, Adesina also said, "President Trump encouraged President Buhari to keep up the good work he is doing, and also commended him for the efforts made in rescuing 24 of the Chibok Girls and the strides being taken by the Nigerian military."

Opinion: Nigeria's protests signal the end of blank checks for leaders

In 2014 nearly 300 girls were kidnapped from a boarding school in Chibok by terror group Boko Haram. Most remain missing, although the terror groupreleased a group of them last October in a deal brokered in part by Nigerian authorities.

Trump also invited President Buhari to Washington at a mutually convenient date. Buhari, who congratulated Trump on his election, is currently in London on an extended break while he awaits the results of unspecified medical tests.

After his call with Buhari, President Trump also requested and completed a phone call with South Africa's Zuma.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/13/africa/buhari-zuma-trump-call-africa/index.html

26 Likes 10 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by Nobody: 7:20pm On Feb 13, 2017
wailers will still wail.

172 Likes 11 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by naijaboy756: 7:25pm On Feb 13, 2017
cnn.it

hahahahahaahaahaha

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by Miradamian: 7:27pm On Feb 13, 2017
For your mind, we can't visit cnn.com/religion by our selves right? Mumu

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by Miradamian: 7:28pm On Feb 13, 2017
xstry:
wailers will still wail.
u be zombi, just a blind follower. Visit cnn.com/religion

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by Standing5(m): 7:29pm On Feb 13, 2017
What's happening there?
Miradamian:
u be zombi, just a blind follower. Visit cnn.com/religion

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by sarrki(m): 7:30pm On Feb 13, 2017
Wailers won't be able to sleep

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by Standing5(m): 7:30pm On Feb 13, 2017
So what does conversation means? Baba should return home and stop being a remote president.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by sarrki(m): 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2017
Standing5:
So what does conversation means? Baba should return home and stop being a remote president.

Wailers are wailing all over Nigeria now

125 Likes 13 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by stev120(m): 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2017
i smell lies from liars

you people are forcing something that is false to be believed, that is not cnn website.. visit www.cnn.com

105 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by Sctests: 7:32pm On Feb 13, 2017
I went to the link, immediately I saw 'According to presidential spokesperson Femi Adesina', I laughed out and closed the page written by one Stephanie Busari.

We'll wait till Trump himself tweets the truth just the way he tweeted about meeting Canadian PM few hours ago.

217 Likes 18 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by sarrki(m): 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2017
CNN)President Donald Trump has been increasingly chatting with other world leaders during his first weeks in office. On Monday he turned his attention to Africa.

Trump spent Monday morning calling two of the continent's most prominent leaders, Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari and South African President Jacob Zuma, to discuss combating terrorism, trade relations and other issues.

According to Buhari's aide, Femi Adesina, Trump assured the Nigerian president that the US is ready to help obtain "a new deal in helping Nigeria in terms of military weapons to combat terrorism."

In a statement to CNN, Adesina also said, "President Trump encouraged President Buhari to keep up the good work he is doing, and also commended him for the efforts made in rescuing 24 of the Chibok Girls and the strides being taken by the Nigerian military."

Opinion: Nigeria's protests signal the end of blank checks for leaders

In 2014 nearly 300 girls were kidnapped from a boarding school in Chibok by terror group Boko Haram. Most remain missing, although the terror groupreleased a group of them last October in a deal brokered in part by Nigerian authorities.

Trump also invited President Buhari to Washington at a mutually convenient date. Buhari, who congratulated Trump on his election, is currently in London on an extended break while he awaits the results of unspecified medical tests.

After his call with Buhari, President Trump also requested and completed a phone call with South Africa's Zuma.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/13/africa/buhari-zuma-trump-call-africa/index.html

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by hammerF: 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2017
Sctests:
I went to link, immediately I saw 'According to presidential spokesperson Femi Adesina', I laughed out and closed the page written by one Stephanie Busari.

We'll wait till Trump himself tweets the truth just the way he tweeted about meeting Canadian PM few hours ago.

Facebook account that will soon be declared fake. Can we really trust anything that comes from APC? Time will tell.
Besides, the editor is a confirmed Afonja and APC member. By Stephanie Busari, CNN

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by sarrki(m): 7:33pm On Feb 13, 2017
Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by sarrki(m): 7:34pm On Feb 13, 2017
stev120:
i smell lies from liars

you people are forcing something that is false to be believed, that is not cnn website.. visit www.cnn.com

Same site go under Africa
Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by hinwazaka: 7:37pm On Feb 13, 2017
According to Buhari's aide, Femi
Adesina, Trump assured the Nigerian
president that the US is ready to help
obtain "a new deal in helping Nigeria in
terms of military weapons to combat
terrorism."
So a whole CNN cannot confirm if the call took place from trump's aides. It is adesina that will now confirm it for them

98 Likes 6 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by rollybest(m): 7:40pm On Feb 13, 2017
Sctests:
I went to link, immediately I saw 'According to presidential spokesperson Femi Adesina', I laughed out and closed the page written by one Stephanie Busari.

my brother what's the meaning of according to Adesina, did Trump call Adesina? how Adesina come know wetin them discuss, Abi Adesina dey London and Buhari put the phone for loud speaker

143 Likes 10 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by malton: 7:44pm On Feb 13, 2017
grin

CNN breaking hearts like they do NEWS.

IPOB, how market?

Where next do you want the news? On Vanguard or the Authority?

Miscreants disturbing the cyber space!

Those people are always on the wrong side of history.

32 Likes 5 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by omenkaLives(m): 7:44pm On Feb 13, 2017
How dare Trump failed to call Nnamdi Kanu before Buhari? Isnt he aware Buhari is a kunu sipping, burukutu drinking Muslim and Nnamdi kanu is an Israelite? Isnt he aware ipob made him who he is?

Well, since he has decided to betray the struggle, we will go back to licking Benjamin Natayahu's balls!

Fvxk Trump!

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by Pavore9: 7:44pm On Feb 13, 2017
#Picking my teeth....
Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by Untainted007: 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2017
Those who run away from challenges are nothing but COWARDS. Shud we say ASO ROCK has been moved to London. We careless if Trump called Buhari or not. He shud come back to Nigeria and fulfil his unrealistic promises he gave to Nigerians before he was elected.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by killthemods: 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2017
Omo, my yootfool brothers go commit suicide on top this news o, their beloved trump, eh

11 Likes

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by ItsawrapOutfit: 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2017
Noted

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by IamChuzzy(m): 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2017
Nice

Chuzzyblog

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by Demmzy15(m): 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2017
cheesy

1 Like

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by FeloniousFelon: 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2017
Fake CNN site.

Zombies you can at least do better!

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by ipobarecriminals: 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2017
cool Kanu the dilector of Igbos is going home on February 31?

3 Likes

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by holatimmy(f): 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2017
So What did they conclude undecided undecided
Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by Nobody: 7:45pm On Feb 13, 2017
Femi Adesina is in Nigeria

Buhari is in London

Femi Adesina gave a press release on Buhari's conversations with Trump in London all the way from Nigeria.

Femi is omni present

93 Likes 8 Shares

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by LordVoldemort(m): 7:46pm On Feb 13, 2017
K
Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by Legacyhood: 7:46pm On Feb 13, 2017
wetin concern me. meanwhile

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Confirm Trump Buhari Phone Calls by steppin: 7:46pm On Feb 13, 2017
Zombies no go let us hear word now.

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pro-Biafran's Outfit To Diamond Bank In Enugu (Photos) / Fayose Eats At NYSC Camp, Ise Ekiti (Pics) / Adams Oshiomhole's Pretty Wife Stuns In Red At A Meeting In Washington

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.