Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity (20078 Views)

We Will Resist Plan To Oust Buhari Over Ill-Health - Arewa Youths Threaten / We Will Resist Any Coup- Tinubu / Supreme Court Ruling: ”we Will Resist Ayade’s Removal” – Cross River Youths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by obiageIi(f): 8:38am On Feb 14, 2017
989900:

You will pay more ' cause you will use more.

Grade 2 math solved.
Gbam, standing is gradually loosing it

1 Like

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by maxiuc(m): 8:40am On Feb 14, 2017
pRepaid meter rocks
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by omoharry(f): 8:44am On Feb 14, 2017
This useless PHCN ..They brought N25,000 bill without light providing light for 3 weeks. God will punish PHCN.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by TMANO: 8:45am On Feb 14, 2017
psucc:
This is Nigeria and those guys will walk him out that office if Fashola dares them.

In my end, we pay bills from every 15th of the month and since about 18 of Jan, the light went off only to comeback yesterday 12th. Hope I am not entitled to pay that bill?

That's exactly what they do. somebody should also ask fashola if he will be there when they try to be violent with police when they come cut off the lines & go with the wire.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by buchilino(m): 8:49am On Feb 14, 2017
slimfit1:
To be honest right if anybody is going to fight corruption all the money stolen from the 70s to this moment need to show up, then we can say Buhari is doing something because it looks like that money only circulated in one way. We can't keep arresting some and leaving some people that don't want to return our money .

GOD BLESS U, DIS HAS BEEN MY ARGUMENT. BUT TYPICALLY, SOME PHARISEES IN DIS FORUM WILL SAY LET BUHARI START FROM SOME WHERE.
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by theway83: 8:50am On Feb 14, 2017
may God help you do so.
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by WonderManly(m): 8:52am On Feb 14, 2017
osahonmk:
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, has said he will, like other consumers, be more resistant to payment of electricity bill if there is no supply.

Fashola said this on Monday at the 12th Monthly Power Sector and Stakeholders’ Meeting in Ibadan hosted by Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company.

Power generation in the country has worsened in recent weeks after hitting the 4,000 megawatts mark in December last year, with many consumers without prepaid meters complaining about over-estimated bills despite the dip in supply.

Commenting on the problems in the power sector, the minister said sabotage of gas assets and pipelines had “decommissioned power plants and their ability to provide up to 3,000 megawatts of power”.

He said, “The 3,500MW to 3,800MW that we have been able to keep on the grid over the last few months will be assisted greatly if we can have the gas pipelines back and add 3,000MW to it. That means we will be able to deliver well over 6,000MW if the gas pipelines are safe.”

Fashola said the sabotage had also created debt and liquidity problems, shortfall in power expectation, and in revenue recovery by power distribution firms.

“Consumers are more resistant to payment when they don’t have electricity, and I will be, too, and you will be too,” he told the power investors and other stakeholders at the meeting.

“We see that they (consumers) pay more when the power is more stable. Of course, there are issues also at the retail end – metering, estimated bills.”

Noting that all stakeholders have different roles to play in solving the problems, the minister said, “You will see that government has begun to act. The Vice President, representing the President, is going round those Niger Delta communities, engaging them more openly, more robustly.

“The idea is to bring them to the table to stop the vandalism while the issues that agitate them can be treated and resolved. I believe that if we are successful as we expect to be, we should be able to, sometimes, this year recover all the 3,000MW that has been lost to gas pipeline outages.”

http://www.energywatchng.com/will-avoid-bill-payment-theres-no-electricity-fashola/

1 Like

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by DeRay98(m): 8:54am On Feb 14, 2017
comshots:
And when your power ministry manage to bring light for 2 hours they will bring ridiculous and estimated bills that will be tripple to cover other days that there is no light.

Put your bitterness aside, power ministery is not responsible for power generation or power distribution nor metering and billings.
Fashola and the ministry under him didn't sell these functions to those companies either.
They were sold to incompetent companies by the administration that privatized them. Now, people are blaming him for not providibg power.
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:55am On Feb 14, 2017
Pavore9:

E don reach to carry Pole? grin grin

Can't forget that year when they came to carry our cables despite the fact we have paid N43K for prepaid meter 7 months earlier and they refused to come install it.
lmao

1 Like

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by murmee: 8:56am On Feb 14, 2017
Standing5:
I repeat, this man isn't fit for a power minister.
How can u say people will pay more when it is more stable?
Is he saying the cost of generation per KwH of 'stable' power will be higher? It should be cheaper even, because vandalism cost will be gone. Fashola is fit for flower and not power. He is after money and has proven it again.
You got it twisted. What the Minister said was that more people will be willing to pay if the supply of light is reasonably constant. The reason most people don't pay their electricity bills is because they have used the money budgeted for Disco bills to buy petrol for their generators.

But I'm surprised that the Minister didn't talk about compelling the Discos to provide Prepaid meters. It is one sure step to solving a lot of power problems!
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Nobody: 9:07am On Feb 14, 2017
Standing5:
Is he saying the cost of generation per KwH of 'stable' power will be higher? It should be cheaper even, because vandalism cost will be gone. Fashola is fit for flower and not power. He is after money and has proven it again.
I'm sorry for you. That's all I can say.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by akwarandu(m): 9:08am On Feb 14, 2017
I live in ijegun area of ikotun egbe and in a whole month don't see it cumulatively for 20 hours and these idat still brings bills, it very annoying.
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Pavore9: 9:09am On Feb 14, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
lmao

Crazy stuffs one experienced back in Nigeria! cheesy
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Nbote(m): 9:16am On Feb 14, 2017
If say dem dey read metre before issuing bills then Nigerians would have no issues at all.. Dey sit in d comfort of their offices and generate bills for ppl and yet claim ppl aren't paying bills. Which kind corruption pass dat one? And some ppl would b talking GENCOS, DISCOS as if ma dance steps..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by horlakunle25(m): 9:19am On Feb 14, 2017
Gfish:
I swear i live along the agege motor road just around new oko oba and there have not even flashed the light for a sec in 3weeks now. today my estate finaly ran out of water. I just regret being a Nigerian
bro u correct! Here in abule egba we neva see light for d past 3weeks!
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Musampa73(m): 9:40am On Feb 14, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
don't try it with NEPA them go carry ur pole go office.NEPA way they use tiger generator

Lol. I could vividly remember the last time I went to NEPA office to lodge a complain about high bill they are bringing despite not giving us light at all and i was shocked and perplexed when I saw them powering this useless shabby and rusted I better pass my neighbor gen and the worst part of it was tat they even bend the generator. I'm just speechless when they asked me why am in there office.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by rabzy: 9:40am On Feb 14, 2017
Standing5:

Consumers would be less resistant to payment and readily pay their bills and therefore the Discos would get more money from consumers. I moved to an area where i have about 20 hours light and my house uses prepaid meters, Now i pay recharge my card even before it runs out. I have no business again with those touts that climbs poles.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by eph12(m): 9:42am On Feb 14, 2017
Standing5:
That's not what he meant

1 Like

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by fuckingAyaya(m): 9:48am On Feb 14, 2017
Musampa73:

Lol. I could vividly remember the last time I went to NEPA office to lodge a complain about high bill they are bringing despite not giving us light at all and i was shocked and perplexed when I saw them powering this useless shabby and rusted I better pass my neighbor gen and the worst part of it was tat they even bend the generator. I'm just speechless when they asked me why am in there office.

lmao

1 Like

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Musampa73(m): 9:50am On Feb 14, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
lmao

This ur teeth dey scare person ooo.
lol
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Standing5(m): 9:56am On Feb 14, 2017
rabzy:

Consumers would be less resistant to payment and readily pay their bills and therefore the Discos would get more money from consumers. I moved to an area where i have about 20 hours light and my house uses prepaid meters, Now i pay recharge my card even before it runs out. I have no business again with those touts that climbs poles.
Same for me too. I never owed when I had prepaid meter.
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Awoo88: 9:57am On Feb 14, 2017
This guy go just dey throw figures anyhow as if say na only zombies him dey talk to. 3000mw extra from gas? Gas and hydro combine at optimum production is not more than 4000.
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Standing5(m): 9:57am On Feb 14, 2017
silastemplar:
I'm sorry for you. That's all I can say.
I am sorry for your family, that's all I can say.
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by homirefacuny(m): 9:58am On Feb 14, 2017
Gfish:
I swear i live along the agege motor road just around new oko oba and there have not even flashed the light for a sec in 3weeks now. today my estate finaly ran out of water. I just regret being a Nigerian

Pathetic country.
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by homirefacuny(m): 10:01am On Feb 14, 2017
Musampa73:

E yaff be for this country. I swear
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by Nobody: 10:05am On Feb 14, 2017
Standing5:

He meant that consumers will be more willing to pay, when they are seeing the light.

1 Like

Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by eyecatchy(m): 10:28am On Feb 14, 2017
in my area if u don't pay ur bill will be added to next month bill
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by tonee45: 10:35am On Feb 14, 2017
osahonmk:
The Minister of Power, Works and Housing, Mr. Babatunde Fashola, has said he will, like other consumers, be more resistant to payment of electricity bill if there is no supply.

Fashola said this on Monday at the 12th Monthly Power Sector and Stakeholders’ Meeting in Ibadan hosted by Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company.

Power generation in the country has worsened in recent weeks after hitting the 4,000 megawatts mark in December last year, with many consumers without prepaid meters complaining about over-estimated bills despite the dip in supply.

Commenting on the problems in the power sector, the minister said sabotage of gas assets and pipelines had “decommissioned power plants and their ability to provide up to 3,000 megawatts of power”.

He said, “The 3,500MW to 3,800MW that we have been able to keep on the grid over the last few months will be assisted greatly if we can have the gas pipelines back and add 3,000MW to it. That means we will be able to deliver well over 6,000MW if the gas pipelines are safe.”

Fashola said the sabotage had also created debt and liquidity problems, shortfall in power expectation, and in revenue recovery by power distribution firms.

“Consumers are more resistant to payment when they don’t have electricity, and I will be, too, and you will be too,” he told the power investors and other stakeholders at the meeting.

“We see that they (consumers) pay more when the power is more stable. Of course, there are issues also at the retail end – metering, estimated bills.”

Noting that all stakeholders have different roles to play in solving the problems, the minister said, “You will see that government has begun to act. The Vice President, representing the President, is going round those Niger Delta communities, engaging them more openly, more robustly.

“The idea is to bring them to the table to stop the vandalism while the issues that agitate them can be treated and resolved. I believe that if we are successful as we expect to be, we should be able to, sometimes, this year recover all the 3,000MW that has been lost to gas pipeline outages.”

http://www.energywatchng.com/will-avoid-bill-payment-theres-no-electricity-fashola/

Power sector biggest fraud in Nigeria killing the masses silently.....i get plenty to talk about I dey come....
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by dammieco(m): 10:46am On Feb 14, 2017
WE WILL EVICT YOU IF THERE'S NO ELECTRICITY
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by johnolaoluwapo: 11:49am On Feb 14, 2017
all the best u have a good reason............
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by AdultMaleNegro(m): 12:15pm On Feb 14, 2017
They keep putting the blame on gas supply and gas pipeline vandals. Go and learn from SA how they protect their gas pipelines to deliver up to 40,000MW
Re: Fashola: I Will Resist Payment When There Is No Electricity by iswallker(m): 12:40pm On Feb 14, 2017
Standing5:

Comprehension bro...he said more people re willing to pay their bills when power is stable. Not people paying more per kW.... grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PhD, MBA Holders Apply As Truck Drivers At Dangote Group / Soldiers Neutralize Concentration Of Boko Haram Terrorists At Borno Forests.PICS / Hijab As Red Meat Of Bigotry - By Farooq A. Kperogi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.