Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,765 members, 7,851,613 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 12:47 AM

My Valentine Prayer…… - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Valentine Prayer…… (383 Views)

My Valentine's Gifts For My Girlfriend Are Finally Here. Come And See / I Finally Got My Valentine Gift From A Nairalander..so Excited (pictures) / “every Year, My Menstruation Usually Ruins My #valentine, Please Help” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Valentine Prayer…… by VirtueDigest: 12:22pm On Feb 14, 2017
Dear God,
Help me today to understand what love really means.
I don’t mind the red and pink, the plentiful chocolates, and construction paper hearts. I don’t mind that the florists are having a lucrative day. I don’t mind whatever romantic comedy will be coming out in theaters, whatever beautiful heroine falls in love with a hunky hero even though they started out as enemies. I don’t mind the corny poetry and sappy love songs and interminable kissing. I think love is allowed to include all of these things.
But I need for love to be so much more.

I need a love that will still be there when the film credits have rolled, when the orchestra music fades away, when the stage makeup has been rubbed off and all our blemishes are in plain sight. I need a love that can handle my ordinariness. I need a love for unflattering bathrobes and bad hair days, a love that satisfies even when all the chocolate runs out.
So help me God

GREGORY COLES

Re: My Valentine Prayer…… by MOSTEC(m): 12:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
Re: My Valentine Prayer…… by Jodha(f): 2:17pm On Feb 14, 2017
So werrin make we do? undecided

(1) (Reply)

When Are You Getting Married? / Want To Have A Lot Of Sex? Sorry, Getting Married Isn’t Going To Help. / Five Steps For Success In Anything

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.