Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,761 members, 7,824,184 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari (34885 Views)

The Sorry State Of Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway Road, A National Embrassment / The Sorry State Of Ohanku, The Road Leading To Enyimba Stadium Aba (photos) / Rejoinder: The Sorry State Of The Nation Under Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by vislabraye(m): 4:21pm On Feb 17, 2017
nduchucks:

I hope you understand that by "recent" I'm referring to the past 10yrs.
.... . Why not last 30 years ? Funny dude.
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by nduchucks: 4:36pm On Feb 17, 2017
vislabraye:
.... . Why not last 30 years ? Funny dude.

That would change the meaning of my post. What exactly bothers you regarding my post?
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by TheVictorious(m): 4:38pm On Feb 17, 2017

You are obviously not informed?

Go and read up the difference between ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT & ECONOMIC GROWTH

Also Read- How Countries Compete by Richard Vietor

I think by that time, you would have been more exposed and think well before writing thrash

ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT is the FOUNDATION to ECONOMIC GROWTH

Economic DEVELOPMENT deals with critical infrastructure, quality of life, human development while

ECONOMIC GROWTH deals mostly with DATA in terms of GDP, Inflation, Foreign reserve etc

Yes, GEJ achieved the biggest GDP!!! Agreed

But has it led to the completion of Lagos Ibadan Expressway (the busiest road in Nigeria)

Did it complete the Second Niger Bridge?

Has it increased the ranking of our universities?

Did it repair our REFINERIES?

Did it improve on our POWER?

Oga, go and read and after that, come and tell me what GEJ did better than OBJ and Yaradua

Why does facts and figures elude you?
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by limeta(f): 5:01pm On Feb 17, 2017
nduchucks:

I'd really like to see your point of view - could you please explain your objections to my post which you crossed out?

Additionally, kindly explain de tin wey I don chop.

The damage done by the last government in particular, will take much more than 2 years to repair.

No Government ve done any thing close to Jona government.
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by nduchucks: 5:08pm On Feb 17, 2017
limeta:

The damage done by the last government in particular, will take much more than 2 years to repair.

Ok, that's what I wrote. Please articulate your objections to the sentence - what do you disagree with and why?
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by limeta(f): 5:18pm On Feb 17, 2017
nduchucks:

Ok, that's what I wrote. Please articulate your objections to the sentence - what do you disagree with and why?

Jona was the best we ever had an inclusive government compared to the other tribal and oppressive regimes.
Looting has always been a part of our society so i wonder what damage jona could ve done that will take two yrs to fix.

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 5:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
oyinkinola:

...ok is there any acheivement above peace, No peace no development isn't it?
...with corruption there is no development, right?
what acheivement do you expect more than this in just two years?
should we be lucky to have hike price of oil today with the programm this government put in place, we are gone.
Peace for where bro?
Has he been able to eradicate corruption, if yes what about the budget of yam?
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by vanbonattel: 6:01pm On Feb 17, 2017
limeta:

Jona was the best we ever had an inclusive government compared to the other tribal and oppressive regimes.
Looting has always been a part of our society so i wonder what damage jona could ve done that will take two yrs to fix.

The damage Buhari himself caused in 1983 is still crippling Nigeria and people are blaming jonathan because he is from a minority tribe?

1 Like

Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by oyinkinola: 6:17pm On Feb 17, 2017
chisco82:

Peace for where bro?
Has he been able to eradicate corruption, if yes what about the budget of yam?
...hoo my God, if it's happen he spare himself and his followers can a tangible government after hime spare them?
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by richeso: 7:13pm On Feb 17, 2017

Dear TonyeBarcanista,

If this is all you could write, you are a COLOSSAL disgrace to the entire Nigerian youths, you are also a great INDICTMENT to the TENETS of GOOD GOVERNANCE,

So you don't know that there is a difference between ECONOMIC GROWTH & ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT?

With all the data that you claimed was achieved under GEJ, did it make YOUR life better under your hero of corruption?

Despite the having the biggest rebased economy, how is our quality of life better than that of South African under GEJ?

Has it made Nigeria developed than South Africa, Ethiopia or Rwanda?

You did not explain how $47 billion reduced to $30 billion with oil at an average of $100bpd but you could blame the governors for the ECA?

You did not mention how Sanusi was booted out of CBN for blowing whistle on the missing $20 billion under GEJ

You did not talk about our ARMS MONEY were shared by Dasuki for politicians under the direction of GEJ

You also forgot the BLOODIEST RECRUITMENT conducted in the history of Nigeria by by Abba Moro whom GEJ refused to sack

You did not mention how Nigeria was disgraced by South Africa with the over $15 million found in Oritsejafor's private jet

You failed to tell us why Okonjo Iweala was borrowing to pay workers salaries despite the oil boom,

You did not tell us what happened with Stella Oduah's BMW

Or have you for gotten the Andrew Yakubu's loot?

What about the $15 million MEDICAL FEES of PEJ?

You failed to mention how Tompolo had 13 billion naira in his account?

What about Obanikoro's confession that GEJ ordered him to ferry over 4 billion naira to Fayose?

So, all these did not put Nigeria in a sorry state?

Every time I read your article, I'd always thought you meant well for Nigeria not knowing you can't be a good Councillor let alone a President

ONCE MORE, you are A DISGRACE to COMMON SENSE!!!

is this Seun? why is your nick not same as everyone here? every other nick is bold with colors but yours is totally different. hhhmmm...

i guess you are enjoying what Nigeria is now. infact Nigeria is so doing well as you can see it.

Nonsense!.
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:13pm On Feb 17, 2017
oyinkinola:

...two years is too much to repair the mismanagement of 16years?
...two years is too much to disludge the terrorist caliphate in three state?
...two years is too much to recover $1trillion Dollar looted?
...two years is too much to reverse the counterfeiters imported products in to our country?
...is two years equal to 16 years?
answer me pls!

Keeping in mind that it is easier to destroy than Build. How they want President Buhari to build the country in a short time, baffles me.
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by donJ2(m): 8:25pm On Feb 17, 2017
deomelo:

News paper trash is not facts and you can not tender news paper in any court of law as facts.

Are you a baby?

Answer my question.

If Ameachi stole, he stole under GEJ, so why didn't GEJ arrest and prosecute him.

Since Newpaper's publication is not factual

I have questions for you:

Can u prove that Amechi didn't loot?

Goodluck is not corrupt; if he is prove it.

Buhari is dead, if he isn't prove it.

I had answered Ur questions in that post u quoted buh maybe U r too grown to see d answers.

Ps: We are on NL not in a law court.
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:54pm On Feb 17, 2017
oyinkinola:

...hoo my God, if it's happen he spare himself and his followers can a tangible government after hime spare them?
Did he as a saint does anything about it, was anyone punish for that? No.
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:58pm On Feb 17, 2017
deomelo:

News paper trash is not facts and you can not tender news paper in any court of law as facts.

Are you a baby?

Answer my question.

If Ameachi stole, he stole under GEJ, so why didn't GEJ arrest and prosecute him.
I see you are just to coment on what you did n't know.
Stop making jest of urself bro.
Amechi is a siting governor and was protected by immunity.
So No one can arrest him.
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by deomelo: 12:24am On Feb 18, 2017
donJ2:

Since Newpaper's publication is not factua

Nothing factual about baseless and faceless newspaper stories especially ipob related blogsites

Or did the newspaper published critical facts and evidence of looting for you to show us? No.

Can u prove that Amechi didn't loot?

I did not make make any accusations, you did, so the burden is on you to support your accusation with facts and evidence of theft.

[s]Goodluck is not corrupt; if he is prove it.

Buhari is dead, if he isn't prove it.
[/s]

Rubbish.

I had answered Ur questions in that post u quoted buh maybe U r too grown to see d answers.

I asked for facts and evidence of stealing, not rubbish.
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by deomelo: 12:33am On Feb 18, 2017
chisco82:

I see you are just to coment on what you did n't know.
Stop making jest of urself bro.
Amechi is a siting governor and was protected by immunity.
So No one can arrest him.

Look at this small boy. Fayose is a sitting governor, but it didn't stop EFCC from investigating him for future prosecution so what did the EFCC under Jona did to formulate any corruption case against Amaechi.?

A lot of looters under jona didn't have immunity so how many of them did Jona prosecute and jail?

Where was Jona when all his service chiefs were looting Nigeria dry left and right?

Where was Jona when his kinsmen were looting billions from NIMASA

Where was Jona when Dasuki was sharing billions of dollars left and right, well, Jona and okonjo actually stole the money and gave it to dasuki to share..
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 8:16am On Feb 18, 2017
deomelo:

Look at this small boy. Fayose is a sitting governor, but it didn't stop EFCC from investigating him for future prosecution so what did the EFCC under Jona did to formulate any corruption case against Amaechi.?

A lot of looters under jona didn't have immunity so how many of them did Jona prosecute and jail?

Where was Jona when all his service chiefs were looting Nigeria dry left and right?

Where was Jona when his kinsmen were looting billions from NIMASA

Where was Jona when Dasuki was sharing billions of dollars left and right, well, Jona and okonjo actually stole the money and gave it to dasuki to share..

Funny you called me small boy...like u knew me?
Well we all knew that PMB and EFCC are not respecting law so the case of Fayose is a good example.
I see, you did n't know anything about the Nigeria constitution.
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by oyinkinola: 8:25am On Feb 18, 2017
chisco82:

Did he as a saint does anything about it, was anyone punish for that? No.
...what you would do if by luck you become president after him?
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 10:19am On Feb 18, 2017
oyinkinola:

...what you would do if by luck you become president after him?
I would n't know for now but i will prepare myself if i will have to run for presidency.
I would n't just come out to embarass myself.
My Bible tells me; before i begin to build a tower i have to calculate the cost if i can be able to finish it.
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by oyinkinola: 10:57am On Feb 18, 2017
chisco82:

I would n't know for now but i will prepare myself i will have to run for presidency.
I would just come out to embarass myself.
My Bible tells me; before i begin to build a tower i have to calculate the cost if i can be able to finish it.
...but if you didn't know for now, why critisize now?
and you should have follow the verse you quote in the Bible, to provide the alternative ways you would have govern Nigeria if you were him (Buhari)!
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 18, 2017
oyinkinola:

...but if you didn't know for now, why critisize now?
and you should have follow the verse you quote in the Bible, to provide the alternative ways you would have govern Nigeria if you were him (Buhari)!
Im critisizing constructively if you watch my words sir.
What is going on today shows that mr. President was never prepare to lead and did n't even understand 80% on Nigeria's problem thats why he kept on blaming the past government.
That's why i quoted that scripture, if he has count the cost and evaluate the problem of Nigeria, he would n't have been blaming the past admnistration uptill now.
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by oyinkinola: 11:30am On Feb 18, 2017
chisco82:

Im critisizing constructively if you watch my words sir.
What is going on today shows that mr. President was never prepare to lead and did n't even understand 80% on Nigeria's problem thats why he kept on blaming the past government.
That's why i quoted that scripture, if he has count the cost and evaluate the problem of Nigeria, he would n't have been blaming the past admnistration uptill now.
...if you were at his position you will even blame more, unless you feel less concern about Nigeria situation.
if you are a president and about $1trillion is unaccounted for why can't you blame who ever manage such an institution!
Also you honk now because of his less performance, at the world economics set up of today, who can well manage where there is none! when wicked harbour Billions in the socker way!
we should have bounded together and tell the looters they weren't have place in our socienty the better!
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by LordAdam7: 2:43pm On Feb 18, 2017
Saintp:
You Pro Buhari, anti Buhari, Pro GEJ and anti GEJ can all argue and insult each other till the kingdom come. But one thing about these kinds of argument is that there is never a winner. In fact, u all are losers. So what is the point?

I was asking a top HR director in this country why they don't recruit thier very top management from Nigeria and she said Nigerians are full of excuses and don't take ownership of any problem. But the truth is that is who we are.

Whatever bullshit that happened in the past, somebody campaigned to fix it, went round the whole country begging for a chance to fix the rot, he was given the chance to fix the damage but then all we hear is excuse upon excuse on why the problem is getting worse.

The bold is so true.

If I had a multi-national operating in Nigeria, the top brass would not be Nigerian Nigerians (Nigerians born and bred in Nigeria). If you hired one, you'd prolly make profit no doubt, but forget substantial growth, creativity, innovation, and vision. And when you ask, they'll have a bunch of excuses for you. Market is bad, competition is too high, workers are not serious, suppliers are always late. Just anything to downplay their incompetency.

-Lord
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by LordAdam7: 2:44pm On Feb 18, 2017
oyinkinola:

...if you were at his position you will even blame more, unless you feel less concern about Nigeria situation.
if you are a president and about $1trillion is unaccounted for why can't you blame who ever manage such an institution!
Also you honk now because of his less performance, at the world economics set up of today, who can well manage where there is none! when wicked harbour Billions in the socker way!
we should have bounded together and tell the looters they weren't have place in our socienty the better!

You are very M.A.D.

$1 TRILLION UNACCOUNTED FOR?

Do you even realize how stupid you sound?

-Lord
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by oyinkinola: 3:20pm On Feb 18, 2017
LordAdam7:

You are very M.A.D.

$1 TRILLION UNACCOUNTED FOR?

Do you even realize how stupid you sound?

-Lord
...are you talking out of bottle?
tell me how much is unacounted for?
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by LordAdam7: 3:33pm On Feb 18, 2017
oyinkinola:

...are you talking out of bottle?
tell me how much is unacounted for?

I don't have that figure. No one to my knowledge has that figure.

And even at that, it sure as hell is not up to $1 trillion.

Nigeria's entire economy is not up to $1 trillion.

Use your brain. It's not for aesthetic reasons only?

-Lord
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by NFFGG: 3:57pm On Feb 18, 2017
Tonye,

You forgot to add the following :

- introduction of N50 tax on deposit payment on any acct that witness credit of N1000 and above

- increasing Tariff on imported goods

- increasing Tariff on drugs and others

-introduction of rule of men against rule of Law whereby Buhari publicly vow not to obey court order. Example is case of NNamdi Kanu and Dasuki

- Reversal of some colleges of Education upgrated to Universities

- cases missing budgets, padded budget and budget of two versions - à sign of ineptitude and incompentence

- high rate of nepotism and religious biogotry

- inconclusive elections, and

- inconclusive appointment eg the case of acting CJN
Re: The Sorry State Of Nigeria Under President Muhammadu Buhari by Paulabiodun: 4:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
So to you now as this government is going to like it,right?if u're married u can nver be reasonable and responsible and even if u're not I pity your parent cos they can't enjoy anything about u,how can a president leave his country till date he never speak to his people is that responsible president or what,i wonder how u gonna be living ur life..you better can from this act....quote me back and I will swear for u

But you claimed he went AWOL?

So his sin is that he spoke to Trump and not that he went AWOL again

You guys are pathetically ignorant

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Faces Of Fulani Herdsmen Arrested In Benue Yesterday (Photos) / Nigeria Must Kill NNPC - El-rufai / Abuja 'Moms' Visit Dino Melaye At His Residence (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.