Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

What Is It Like To Have A Brother? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is It Like To Have A Brother? (6312 Views)

Why Do Some Men Like To Tempt Married Women? Why??? / If You Had Your Way, At What Age Will You Like To Get Married / How Old Is Ur Marriage And How Is It Like To Be Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by Nobody: 12:50am On Dec 08, 2009
I've got no brothers, only sisters, 3 lovely sisters that are so dear to my heart and I have always wondered what it'd be like havin your very own

brother that actually looks like you (some may argue that a close friend will suffice, but he cant look like you lol)

Please share smiley
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by Nobody: 12:52am On Dec 08, 2009
I have brothers, but no older ones undecided

Howz it like to have lil brothers? HELL!!!!
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by mamagee3(f): 12:55am On Dec 08, 2009
It feels good!!
It depends on your brothers' personality
. tongue
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by Nobody: 1:04am On Dec 08, 2009
FL Gators:

I have brothers, but no older ones undecided

Howz it like to have lil brothers? HELL!!!!

awww, ur jus saying that, ill bet you love them more than anything in da world smiley

mama-gee:

It feels good!!
It depends on your brothers' personality
. tongue

I guess, but watever personality he has u knw blood still thicker dan water mama
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by Nobody: 1:09am On Dec 08, 2009
Yea, I love them kiss kiss
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by Gabry(f): 1:22am On Dec 08, 2009
Poster, U better appreciate having sisters but for me personally, Id rather be the only child, , I dont really like having siblings around. Too much problems. . . angry
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by maedan(f): 1:26am On Dec 08, 2009
Brothers---from a girl's perspective. . . .Hmmn, if they're younger, they can be your little boyfriends cheesy. If older, they turn out to be your big husbands - till you get married of course. They protect you, hang out with you, treat you like a queen. And of course smack you up side ur head if you misbehave tongue. Brothers are the best thing a girl should have wink.

But I think it's time a guy actually chips in on this topic and tells it from a brother-to-brother angle.
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by Hesperus(m): 1:38am On Dec 08, 2009
Ok, brother to brother. For me, it's been good 'cos my bro is only a year older than me (18 months actually) so we have always done stuff together. From gaming when we were younger, to throwing correct parties during our Uni days. Even now, it's still the same.

On the downside, we de fight no be small! You know boys, we everly like to show ourselves. All in all, I can't imagine if I didnt have a bro, my life woulda been boring! No offence to those who haven't got any.
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by C2H5OH(f): 1:45am On Dec 08, 2009
Meh, I don't feel like typing at length but . . . Having brothers is for the most part rewarding, especially if you can all learn to get along very well.  People's experiences will obviously vary.  With that said, it can be very intense.  A couple of elder brothers who just about disliked each other to bits and would  constantly fought like demons every chance they got, until their later years.  They broke doors, fought with those T-squares (from intro tech. lol) could have even fought with bottles as bad as it was. . . even caused minor bodily injuries to one another.  I never ever really understood where the tension emerged from or why it was as strong as it was.  As for me o being the younger brother, I didn't really encounter too much difficulty since I was too young to start a fight.  Nonetheless, I got my fair share of as$-whoopings and at the same time was showered with love.  
One second you love them to pieces, the next you might want to rip their head off.  I wouldn't trade any of them for the world. . . . sooo umm yeah.
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by mavenbox: 1:48am On Dec 08, 2009
?

What is this thread doing in Romance section instead of FAMILY section? tongue
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by Fhemmmy: 1:49am On Dec 08, 2009
I have no brother too, so i will never be able to tell.
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by C2H5OH(f): 1:49am On Dec 08, 2009
mavenbox:

?

What is this thread doing in Romance section instead of FAMILY section? tongue
Dont trip, flip.  Moderators will soon transfer it to a more-fitting section.
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by maedan(f): 1:54am On Dec 08, 2009
***sigh***
To blazes with all this correctness on NL sef. What topic should go where, what to mention and what not to mention----it's turning into freaking kindergaten class - no, even worse, a playschool tongue lipsrsealed grin.
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by mamagee3(f): 1:56am On Dec 08, 2009
mavenbox:

?

What is this thread doing in Romance section instead of FAMILY section?  tongue

It's waiting for a response. grin grin
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by mavenbox: 1:59am On Dec 08, 2009
@Maedan, Mamagee and M'ethanol (i.e. C2H5OH, I know its ethanol, but I had to use M for that one too  grin):

Na wa o! I was just feeling in the mood to joke this evening, I meant it as a joke. What is it like to have a brother? I was coming here to joke about how someone was referring to her lover as a "brother" and then I found out it was a family question. That's why I said what I said.

My bad. Apologies on the assumed correctness. I am not like that at all.
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by Nobody: 2:04am On Dec 08, 2009
aww nice ones there, I liked the one about throwin parties together in Uni sounds so so cool, I can jus imagine
But i really really wonder what would make two brothers fight up to the point breakin bottles, doesnt sound. . . shocked
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by C2H5OH(f): 2:04am On Dec 08, 2009
mavenbox:

@Maedan, Mamagee and M'ethanol (i.e. C2H5OH, I know its ethanol, but I had to use M for that one too  grin):

Na wa o! I was just feeling in the mood to joke this evening, I meant it as a joke. What is it like to have a brother? I was coming here to joke about how someone was referring to her lover as a "brother" and then I found out it was a family question. That's why I said what I said.

My bad. Apologies on the assumed correctness. I am not like that at all.
Lol no need to apologize abeg, it's not that serious.

Methanol, Ethanol, all na alcohol.  No wahala.
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by maedan(f): 2:08am On Dec 08, 2009
grin grin grin Lol, [b]M[/b]avenbox (you sef are in with us too).

But really, wasn't ranting at you babe. It's the system. It's just so flawed grin.
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by mavenbox: 2:11am On Dec 08, 2009
smiley (Sigh of relief) Thanks people!

@Topic: Have three elder brothers. They can be annoying at times, but when the chips are down, they've got my back, and that's for shizzle!
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by SCI(f): 2:24am On Dec 08, 2009
hey! you should be glad you've got sisters. what about those that are all alone hah? trust me when i say it's no difference having a brother to having lovely sisters who cares. just be cool to what you've got dude.
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by sjeezy8: 2:29am On Dec 08, 2009
isnt this the romance section
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by C2H5OH(f): 2:32am On Dec 08, 2009
sjeezy8:

isnt this the romance section

Haven't you heard of brotherly love. grin grin grin grin Shey Bromance no be romance to you.
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by Nobody: 2:33am On Dec 08, 2009
yea, I feel u all, lotsa beautiful people in here
Fhemmy and I are in the same shoes
Fl gators hates kids
Hesperus likes to beat up his bro
mama gee will only like her brother if he behaves well
ethanol loves his family
Gabry appreciates life
maedan needs protection
mavenbox also needs protection
sci doesnt care
sjeezy hates evry1
lol
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by sjeezy8: 2:36am On Dec 08, 2009
Adrenaline:

yea, I feel u all, lotsa beautiful people in here
Fhemmy and I are in the same shoes
Fl gators hates kids
Hesperus likes to beat up his bro
mama gee will only like her brother if he behaves well
ethanol loves his family
Gabry appreciates life
maedan needs protection
mavenbox also needs protection
sci doesnt care
sjeezy hates evry1
lol

lmfao
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by maedan(f): 2:37am On Dec 08, 2009
Geez Adrenaline, you're good tongue. That's some serious psychoanalysis. So that's why you opened the topic grin. Using our replies for your latest thesis?? grin grin
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by Hesperus(m): 2:38am On Dec 08, 2009
LOL @ Adrenaline!

I dont beat up my bro o! C'mon, he's still older, no matter what. It used to get physical when we were kids, but now, men are wiser now. Just the odd argument now and again, that's all. Plus, my sisters are always there to intervene so it never gets outta hand.
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by C2H5OH(f): 2:38am On Dec 08, 2009
lol
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by mavenbox: 2:44am On Dec 08, 2009
@Adrenaline: LOL good job. Mavenbox doesn't need protection though, I always have it! What do you think the box in my name represents?
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by chiogo(f): 2:47am On Dec 08, 2009
I have two older ones. . . .they're protective - sometimes it's cool, other times not so much.

They can be annoying sha. They don't like doing housework. "It's not manly" Sexism!! tongue

Now that I'm away from home, they miss me like crazy. Each time we talk on the phone, they still can't believe I'm gone. So cute!! tongue
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by C2H5OH(f): 2:49am On Dec 08, 2009
mavenbox:

@Adrenaline: LOL good job. Mavenbox doesn't need protection though, I always have it! What do you think the box in my name represents?
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by Nobody: 3:03am On Dec 08, 2009
yea maedan, I can analyze you completely based on one or two questions, although that wasnt the reason I opened the thread, I opened the thread cos I wanted to hear varied opinions about this issue.
About the analaysis, I can give u a complete on if you like

Hesperus, keep it up, peace is always better

maven, what makes up that box of your, is it your brothers lol or somethin else like spirits or somethin, I wan know wetin u dey rely on abi na odesin

Chiogo doesnt need protection but she gets it. In fact she is the protector
Re: What Is It Like To Have A Brother? by chinkelly(m): 4:24am On Dec 08, 2009
But wait,lets 4get all this brother stuff. tell me about the soooo pretty sisters you said you gat.I think that will be more interesting
cos I have a younger brother and he is so stubborn that at times I feel like kicking his ass
but you I think he is strong and I don't want to have a fight.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

... / Pls Help, I Am 3 Months Plus Pregnant And Not Ready / What 3 Qualities Should You Look For In A Prospective Wife/husband.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.