Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,189 members, 7,818,619 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:58 PM

My Marriage (short Story ) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Marriage (short Story ) (28148 Views)

Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / Funmi (A Thrilling Short Story) / Short Story: "LOVE'S GRIEF" - Written By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Marriage (short Story ) by Bibi294(f): 8:39pm On Feb 17, 2017
[center] PROLOGUE[/center]

[ENIOLA
Marriage is sweet, so sweet if you are lucky with the peefect man. Mike is my perfect man, my Princecharming. The only man who can tolerate my childish behavior
[center]

PART ONE[/center]

ENIOLA
I was in the living room seeing a popular TV series when Bowofoluwa, my sister came in. I am Eniola Onabanjo, a fair-skinned slim twenty-three year old married woman. I married my husband a year and two months ago when I was twenty-one, we met while I was defending my final project a year before, I was twenty. He was 6.5feet, had an athletic body and the first thing I fell for was his biceps and trained body. He came to see a friend of his who was my project supervisor and he quickly collected my number, I Waited all day for his call but it did not came until two weeks after. He was a practising geneacologist and his private hospital was located on the island. We clicked immediately and kicked off our relationship. Our marriage was one of the best Lagos state witnessed, many dignitaries graced our wedding within and out of the country. Mike Onabanjo was a perfect young man, he spoilt me with gift and love. I was serving in my Father's company when we married, I barely go to work after marriage simply because of my husband. My matrimony was perfect within the first year into my marriage, my husband was the one who made breakfast because I hardly got out of bed earlier than nine o'clock, he made dinners during the week because I would be tired by the time he came around, he took me in dates every Sundays,holidays and festivals. He brought me a SUV 2016model for our first wedding anniversary, that was how rich and caring my husband was. Yea, Doctors are busy but my husband gave me a hundred percent attentions and employed some doctors to run his hospitals and annexes. A year into my marriage, the worst happened...!!!

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by michb(m): 8:45pm On Feb 17, 2017
following
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by stevealibi: 9:02pm On Feb 17, 2017
U think say d world d revolve around ur fine face?

1 Like

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by supernet4(f): 9:42pm On Feb 17, 2017
Chai
My netwrk deprive me of fist to comment sha
Anyway am present
Let d show begin
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by xaviercasmir(m): 10:01pm On Feb 17, 2017
RIDE ON
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Feb 17, 2017
*walks into thread n strts singing in ogidigboigbo*bibi dn com again,make i no waist tym o ooh,make i folo sharp sharp...
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by AlamienDagash(m): 11:14pm On Feb 17, 2017
Lemme hear u say "we re here, we re here. kontinue na. ma i get my seat even though n01 invite me sha
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Tuhndhay(m): 12:53am On Feb 18, 2017
ToriBlue, Sugarhugs , JennieCutie4U , Bibi294 , adadioranmah , Sonamjs , ReuEl12 , jagugu88li , halfricanadian... Come and join the train
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Nobody: 8:11am On Feb 18, 2017
Grab my popcorn grin.
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Nobody: 8:43am On Feb 18, 2017
Following smiley
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by souloho19(m): 8:55am On Feb 18, 2017
'Remove headrest'
3 hearty cheers for bibi
Hip hip...
Criusly I doff hat for u..nice one
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by michb(m): 9:10am On Feb 18, 2017
Bibi294 come continue now
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Chumzypinky(f): 9:12am On Feb 18, 2017
Ok, so we're readn 2 stories from u nah, Shadows of The Green and This. I'm just watching patiently, kudos bae
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Musampa73(m): 10:47am On Feb 18, 2017
Nice one Bibi.

Ama keep following u bumper to bumper. lol
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by nanadeeva01(f): 10:48am On Feb 18, 2017
Me hav come o! Bibi cum nd continue
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by gtin(m): 10:53am On Feb 18, 2017
Nice 1 Bibi
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Nuellaluv(f): 12:34pm On Feb 18, 2017
Nyc one dear
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by adadioranmah(f): 12:52pm On Feb 18, 2017
Tuhndhay:
ToriBlue, Sugarhugs , JennieCutie4U ,
Bibi294 , adadioranmah , Sonamjs ,
ReuEl12 , jagugu88li , halfricanadian... Come and join the train

Present Sir

1 Like

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by zika19(f): 3:09pm On Feb 18, 2017
in marriage there always exist d phrase" and something happened".waiting anxiously for next update. well done bibi
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Bibi294(f): 5:10pm On Feb 18, 2017
MIKE

I packed my car close to my gate, my matrimonial home had turned into something else, muy marriage was virtually the best until a month ago when I got the disheartening news about my fertility status. I knew Eniola to be a troublesome childish lady but I never knew she could be my worse nightmare. I remembered how I met her when I went to visit George, my close friend in her school. George was Eniola's project supervisor, she was a slim tall young lady,she was fair-skinned, average boobs with a cocacola bottled-shape, she had a tiny waist, a round hips that give her a kim-kadarshian look. She possessed my wife material criteria, we clicked immediately and got married a year later.
Eniola was twenty three while I was twenty five, she was a young,lazy, fragile young lady, I persuaded her into the marriage, she was twenty one when we got married, she wanted to get married at twenty five while I was in a hurry to be with her, I was twenty-three. I was equally not ready to get married but how could I let go if a fun woman like Eniola. I grew up in London, I came home few month before meeting with my wife.
I parked my car at the garage, walked to the doorpost, stood there for few minutes before I turned the doorknob and entered, I met my beautiful wife and her younger sister jisting, Folu was my wife's younger sister,Eniola was first wile Folu was last. They had the sane facial look and stature but different behavior. Even though both were extrovert, Folu was more cool than Eni. Folu was hardworking,gifted and more matured than Eni even though she was twenty one, she had a cool tempered compared to Folu who had a bad temperament.

"Honey!" Folu jumped on me. Folu preferred addressing me as honey. Honey was what Eni called me when we were courting

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by nanadeeva01(f): 5:21pm On Feb 18, 2017
Kontinue
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by comelyJummy(f): 2:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
Ok ooo. Waiting for next update. Wehdone ma!!!
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by do4luv14(m): 7:46pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hmmm madam BIBI with her marriage classic,
ah jst dey wen you go tell ' yes you do', so you go write abt our own marriage being the sweetest and bestest so far cool cool cool
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by AlamienDagash(m): 6:51pm On Feb 20, 2017
Dan dan dan i smell fishh.
bibi294 i really wish to wish d wish u wish 2 wish buh if u wish 2 wish d wish a witch wishes i won't wish d wish u wish 2 wish
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Alennsar(f): 8:29pm On Feb 20, 2017
AlamienDagash:
Dan dan dan i smell fishh.
bibi294 i really wish to wish d wish u wish 2 wish buh if u wish 2 wish d wish a witch wishes i won't wish d wish u wish 2 wish
biko what re u wicccin Gann.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Bibi294(f): 4:38am On Feb 21, 2017
BOWOFOLUWA[/b]
"This one you as looking so lean, does it mean lazy Eniwealth is not taking care of you" Mike was one of the best guy in town, my sister is lazy, arrogant and hot tempered, I envied her so much because she got lucky to be married to a caring man like Mike.
"Honey, you know your sister is the best woman out there." He said as he lifted me up my feet. My sister rolled her eyes but she was not smiling which was unusual.
"How was project et all?" He asked loosening his necktie.
"Honey, money money money! !"
"Do I have your account number?"
"No." I replied sarcastically, he brought out his phone and in two minutes, I received an alert of two hundred and fifty thousand, it was Mike Onabanjo, my sister's husband, he was born with a silver spoon and yet, he chose to work for his cash. I was the biggest girl in my faculty courtesy of Mike. I jumped on Eni whose mind was fixed on the boring channel we were watching earlier.
"Eni, I don get alerti Godi win!" I sang giving her the African 'shoki' style.
"And so what?" She eyed me.
"So, go hug the transformer" I fired her.
"Honey, my wife is not your mate!" Mike fired me pecking my sister on the lips, I felt goose pimples all over me.
"Aunty Eni, kiss your husband now" My sister hissed, stood up and was about leaving the room.
"Eni, what's the ish all about?you've started fighting your husband abi?" I
"Is he your husband? More so, is this an empty barrel a husband?" I raised my brows, Mike looked down.
"Eni, how dare you talk to your husband like that?"
"Hey! Is he your husband? Do you pray to have an infidel husband whose infidelity brought childlessness to your marriage?" She barked at me.
"Your husband is not a cheat! Eni. I know him better than I know you! He would not do that." She stared at me for some seconds before she left. What a spoilt child!
"Honey, I'm sorry." I pleaded.
"Honey, that woman is my wife, I know her better." He giggled.
"Honey, did you...?"
"I don't" he cut in.
"Your sister is taking my love for granted." He said trying to fight back the tears forming in his eyes.
"Mike, I trust you. What actually happened?"
"Folu, I'm having some infections and my wife believed I cheated on her. How will I cheat on such a Queen" he could not held back the tears.

"How do you mean,Folu! I said a man got infected by one of his mistress! He's having chlamydia for crying loud!"
"Did you ask him about it? I questioned.
"He told me first, chlamydia is a sexually transmitted disease! It had affected his fertility rate."she replied.
"I don't believe he cheated on you, Eni.Mike is never like that."
"Even when he is having chlamydia?"
"Eni, even if he cheated, ishating him the best solution?"
"What is the best solution?" She eyed me scornfully.
"Forgiveness! Can't you forgive your husband! No one is perfect o!"
"Oh really! You an forgive him on my behalf" she hissed.
"Eni, your husband is in the living room shedding tears, why not just forget everything and start afresh" I begged solemnly.
"If he likes, let him shed blood!" She sounded indifferent but I knew deep down in her heart, she did not meant what she said.
"Don't you love him anymore?"
"I'm only in this marriage because I don't want people to ridicule my parents!" She fired.
"So because he cheated, you decided to make the house unbearable for him?-"
"He irritates me. What is in looking for in a woman that I don't possess. He did not tell you I don't cook for him anymore abi?
" Do you Cook for him before?"I eyed her.
"I can't even allow such a useless man make love to me."
"You better don't give your husband the reason to look for happiness elsewhere!" I advised
"Is he not doing that?"
"Eni, you are too bd tempered!" I fired
"Thank you, Mrs holy holy."
"If not that love is blind, I don't know how such a good man would fall with such a mannerless girl" I hissed.
"Hey!so I'm now a mannerless girl?" She clapped her hands.
"Yes, you're mannerless! God knows where mum carries you. You don turn una self to terrorist, na so everyone dey fear you or you think say the eorldrevolves round your fine face. Person wey get good behavior self no see beta man."
"Get out of my house, useless sister."
"Before nko!" I picked my bag
"...and let this be the last time you will step your stupid left legs in my house! Beggybeggy!"
"Who is beggybeggy? When you weren't married, don't I look good?so don't think I cannot speak the truth because of your sharp tongue." I hissed.
"Get out!"
"I will! If you ever see me in your house, just kill me!"
"Better, useless girl!"
"...and if you have problems, don't ever come to me!" I said and left. I met Mike outside her new room, he told earlier me she had parked out of their matrimonial room.
"I'm sorry, Folu." He hugged me, I took that period to shed tears, Eniola was my second sibling, we were three, Omolanke,the first born was a Managing Director in one of the new generational banks, she was gentle but yet I loved Eniola more. She always complained of me,as the last born, not visiting her. I spent all my free times with Eni. She was my favourite, I felt shattered when she sent me out of her house.
"It's okay." He patted my back.
"Thanks, honey. I will see you at the office tomorrow." I said and left.

4 Likes

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Nwiboko26(f): 10:25am On Feb 21, 2017
Nice one bibi.ride on

1 Like

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by comelyJummy(f): 10:45am On Feb 21, 2017
Immature Eni, so you want make I arrange another wifey for your hubby? Meanwhile I thought the Doc is impotent. Keep up the good work!!!!!!!
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Bibi294(f): 10:40am On Feb 25, 2017
PART TWO
ENIOLA
"Don't speak Ill of my daughter, I had warned her to stop coming to your house, she won't listen."Mother said.
" Sha hold your daughter o, she should stop coming to beg for money in my house." I warned.
"If you sha have problems in your home, don't think this is a dumping site!" Mother said, my mother, Mrs. Adigun was in her early fifties,a nurse married to our father, a Lawyer was whom we all got our beauty from, even at her age,she had a killer's shape that dad kept gushing about.
"Are you laying a curse on me?"
"How will I lay a curse on my daughter! The truth is always bitter. Your sister is only giving you a piece of advice and all you could do is to send her away!"
"Must she pokenose into my affair!Iya omo"
"Eniola, please be careful, it's your matrimonial home but try and Bea good wife to your husband?"mother said calmly.
" Mum, Mike cheated on me! He has chlamydia and it was the cause of our childlessness. "I sobbed
" Did you do all the necessary checkups before getting married? "
"He is a doctor, I taught he would be medically okay.-
" I warned you against not going for checkups o!"
"I was blinded by love, thought it was not necessary."
"Olami, the early years of my marriage to your father was not rosy at all, he kept quiet a number of mistresses I knew of but how about now? Is he still keeping them? Is he not making me happy? Ola, draw your husband closer and forgive him. Don't push him out"
"Alright mum."
I left my parents' home that morning and headed home, I made up my mind to forgive Mike and move on. I packed my belongings from the guest room to my matrimonial room, as I walked into our room, it smelt of Mike's cologne, I missed him, I knew Mike did not cheat on me, it was either he had the infections before we met and probably, he was not aware because despite being a doctor, Mike greatest fear were medicines,injections and checkups... Ordinary paracetamol would made him feel nauseated. I had made him unhappy and I must redeemed our love that day. We would made sweet love at candlelights which was Mike's favourite, we would use condoms. I was arranging the room when I saw a test result sheet on the lampseat,it was a test result that bore my husband surname, I was shattered, my husband had impregnated someone else.

Mike
I deliberately got home late,I ranged the bell but there was no response, I made into my room immediately I opened the door with my own key. I met Eniola in our matrimonial bed and I thought she had come around, I hugged and kissed her forehead but she didn't bulge.
"I am sorry, I should..."
"Cut the crap! What is this?" She flaunted the test result I had left on the table in the morning.
"Oh this! I...." I made to explain.
"So, you are this cheap ehn! Is this the man I want to spend the rest of my life with? Oh. You've impregnated someone else?" I was lost, impregnated who?
"Excuse me!" I said.
"You can not impregnate me but you can do this to a homewrecker! Mike, are you this stupid? What do you think you were doing?"
"I am..."
"Sorry for your families!" I felt insulted, how could my wife insult my families who held her in high esteem.
"Shut it! Eni, shut it!" I fumed.
"Oh, you can now raise your voice abi! I am now Eni right"
"What right do you have to insult my family?" I fired
"The same right you have to impregnate someone else!"she fired back." I regret marrying you, this marriage is my greatest regret in life"she sobbed. My heart fell, my most loved hated me for an offence I knew little about.
"Eni."
"Shut your miserable mouth, you bastard!"she yelled
" I impregnated someone else and so fucking what! Am I or will I be the first or the last man to do that to an uncaring wife? Eni, you brought unhappiness to me in the past one month! I was doing everything to make you comfortable but what do I get from you? You regretting ever marrying me! Go to hell for all I care"tears rolled freely down my cheeks, I was heartbroken. I fell in the bed deep in my own thought. The next thing I heard were boxes shattering, I was alarmed, my wife was leaving me. I stood up holding one of the boxes.
"Eni..." A deafening slap landed on my cheeks, my wife had slapped me. I raised up my hand to retaliate but decided against it.
"Slap me now, idiot. I am leaving and leaving for good! Don't come after me, I'm filing for divorce immediately." She yelled.
"Divorce my foot! Divorce me and my mind will be at rest! Go and let someone better come in!" I yelled back. She stopped in her track, those words hit her.
"You mean she's better than me! You mean you regret marrying me" she left crying, my heart shattered, Eniola had a very bad temperament, she does not listen to explanations. I wanted to run to her and hold her, I wanted to tell her what happened but I was hurt too. I wanted to pay her in her own coin. I wanted her to be taught a matrimonial lesson.

Dedications
Gotee11,oyinella,sexyslim001,do4luv14,mrlemuel,Johnsown,comelyJummy, Eniqurl,gtin,ikombe,heatflux,prisiliveth,kayfeez,forzarush,Tife101,chrisbaby24, fatai7165,Nmaglit,Nwiboko26,nanadeeva01,,zika19,Nuellaluv,michb,stevealibi,Chumzypinky (momma),Musampa73,adebola15,supernet4,Xaviercasmir,zika19,Tuhndhay,Alennsar,adadioranmah,Toriblue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by harameede99(f): 11:16am On Feb 25, 2017
I must follow dis one ooo
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by gtin(m): 11:29am On Feb 25, 2017
Thanks ma'am for the dedication dats y u are d bestest (if dia is any word like dat) keep d updates coming
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Nmaglit: 12:02pm On Feb 25, 2017
present ma so loving this story

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okwui Enwezor Dies Of Cancer At 55 / Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her 44th Birthday Today / Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.