Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

My Marriage (short Story ) - Literature (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / My Marriage (short Story ) (28165 Views)

Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / Funmi (A Thrilling Short Story) / Short Story: "LOVE'S GRIEF" - Written By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by hocrusoe(m): 7:46am On Mar 15, 2017
Am single too... If you can write this then you are matured for a home #more grease dear

1 Like

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by spirit88: 8:02am On Mar 15, 2017
Bibi294:
I might be a single lady, I may be young to advise anyone but I want us all, both singles and married to learn from this short piece of art. Let us amend our broken relationships, marriage et all. A lot of homes are broken,a lot if dreams shattered, and a lot of children roaming on the streets. Learn to tender a listening ear, be an effective listener and talk less. Conduct and control your temper.
Thanks to everyone who read and commented . I love you guys.
You can also check.: Life of a broke naija graduate (completed) and Shadows of the Green.(ongoing)

Thanks so much. What a wonderful piece!

1 Like

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by feckylicious: 8:04am On Mar 15, 2017
God bless you for this inspiring write-up
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by bellenornor(f): 8:16am On Mar 15, 2017
I enjoyed d story. Quite inspiring
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by bakeuhappy: 8:29am On Mar 15, 2017
My dear bibijay,thanks so much for this wonderful writeup.more ink and inspiration to your pen.
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by eitsei(m): 8:32am On Mar 15, 2017
It's nice
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by SPDAZZY(f): 8:35am On Mar 15, 2017
Présent madame
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Nobody: 8:45am On Mar 15, 2017
bakeuhappy:
My dear bibijay,thanks so much for this wonderful writeup.more ink and inspiration to your pen.
this is not bibijay o, they are two different people. Bibi294 is not Bibijay.
congrats dear op, we are on front page
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by skubido(m): 8:50am On Mar 15, 2017
Nice write up. More of God ooooooooo
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by richywhales(m): 8:50am On Mar 15, 2017
You said this is a short story... catching, interesting and educative.... may ur keyboard neva ceased to type.
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by ayoadekunle79(m): 8:58am On Mar 15, 2017
touching story indeed

I feel loved reading this

na one place my future go still dey now hope dey don't disvirgin her sha ..lol

God blees ur married
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by LAFO: 9:13am On Mar 15, 2017
Don't let me read and go out like that.

Nice one Bibi294.

This piece blessed me.
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by bukatyne(f): 9:13am On Mar 15, 2017
@Bibi294:

Very interesting story.

I must confess I didn't see the end coming. I thought the husband will end up with her sister.

The only part that dampened the story for me was the mother's acceptance of her husband's infidelity earlier in their narriage.

I don't believe this fairytale of he was cheating and repented years later and we are a big happy family.

Things like that encourages the husband to cheat and the wife to bear it after mother's own got better.

It is also the same thing that makes women stay on abusive relationships & marriages.

My opinion anyways.
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Bibi294(f): 9:28am On Mar 15, 2017
praisekeyzz:
It's not short na sad
It is
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Bibi294(f): 9:30am On Mar 15, 2017
bakeuhappy:
I am not bibijay
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Bibi294(f): 9:48am On Mar 15, 2017
bukatyne:
@Bibi294:

Very interesting story.

I must confess I didn't see the end coming. I thought the husband will end up with her sister.

The only part that dampened the story for me was the mother's acceptance of her husband's infidelity earlier in their narriage.

I don't believe this fairytale of he was cheating and repented years later and we are a big happy family.

Things like that encourages the husband to cheat and the wife to bear it after mother's own got better.

It is also the same thing that makes women stay on abusive relationships & marriages.

My opinion anyways.

Thanks for sharing your opinion.... I don't encourage abusive marriage and infidelity too but you will agree with me that, if a man cheats, it shouldn't be the end of the marriage. You don't divorce your spouse for some things you can both work out. Infidelity is not the only issue I touched....
Some women chase their husbands out.... When you don't do the necessities, your husband will surely look for someone else to do. I've seen marriages dissolve because of the wife's inability to cook, some due to laziness, infidelity and all.
I grew up as a feminist, maybe because my parents have just two daughters. I grew up seeing the way women/ladies are treated around me. I write few stories as a young girl to defend the womanhood, I read fee books by Buchi Emecheta, Mariama Ba and other. Later I grew up to know there will always be gender inequality. Even though few ladies are standing up on their husbands, it is not accepted in our culture to divorce and leave your husband's house no matter what and why! Why do you think men can have wives and concubines while woman who did this are subjected to ridicule and mockery. The only thing that should make a woman leave her husbands house in the olden days is her infidelity not even that of her husband.
I've seen homes where the husbands keeps chains of women and yet the wife overlook. The reason while there is high rate of divorce and broken homes in the inavailabilty of endurance in the marriage... My opinion.

1 Like

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by monimine: 9:52am On Mar 15, 2017
Thanks Bibi. so inspiring. People should know by know that marriage is not a bed of roses. it has is on ups and down and it now depend on how both parties takes or work on it. weldone and more grace.
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by bukatyne(f): 10:05am On Mar 15, 2017
Bibi294:

Thanks for sharing your opinion.... I don't encourage abusive marriage and infidelity too but you will agree with me that, if a man cheats, it shouldn't be the end of the marriage. You don't divorce your spouse for some things you can both work out. Infidelity is not the only issue I touched....
Some women chase their husbands out.... When you don't do the necessities, your husband will surely look for someone else to do. I've seen marriages dissolve because of the wife's inability to cook, some due to laziness, infidelity and all.
I grew up as a feminist, maybe because my parents have just two daughters. I grew up seeing the way women/ladies are treated around me. I write few stories as a young girl to defend the womanhood, I read fee books by Buchi Emecheta, Mariama Ba and other. Later I grew up to know there will always be gender inequality. Even though few ladies are standing up on their husbands, it is not accepted in our culture to divorce and leave your husband's house no matter what and why! Why do you think men can have wives and concubines while woman who did this are subjected to ridicule and mockery. The only thing that should make a woman leave her husbands house in the olden days is her infidelity not even that of her husband.
I've seen homes where the husbands keeps chains of women and yet the wife overlook. The reason while there is high rate of divorce and broken homes in the inavailabilty of endurance in the marriage... My opinion.

I know your story is not centered on infidelity and I really appreciate that. It would teach women to be calmer and listen.... good one.

Expecting fidelity from a husband is not feminism; it is the Christian God's standard. That was what He had in mind when he created marriage.

As to if infidelity is a deal breaker, depends on the people in it. I know men who have told me that their wives will divorce them if they cheat. These are good wives and not the gra gra types and they have been married for more than 10yrs. So I don't see anything wrong in ending a marriage due to infidelity. Even the Bible supports divorce due to adultery.

I don't know what culture you're referencing but women have been leaving their husbands since 1800 (it is called seperation not divorce).

I also don't agree with the notion of a man 'going out' because his wife is lacking in an area. Talk to her, report her to her parents/yours/pastors, deny her some privileges etc. but don't cheat.

I am however talking from a Christian POV.
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Jammiiee(m): 10:08am On Mar 15, 2017
The earlier u believe the better, I guess u didn't believe cos u thought how on earth will a woman allow that and still stand by her husband. Go and ask our parents especially the good mums, they have 1 or 3 stories to tell about their husbands.

Patience, endurance and lots more, obviously one of the virtues the mom possessed and it paid off. If she had reacted the way it came then, it would have culminated into a broken home. Infact there wouldn't have been a story of Eniola that we read today because it would definitely have a negative effect on her life.

I wish all our guys and ladies out there could read this story and pick one or two things from it. There has been more testimonies of failed marriages than successful ones that subconsciously some folks would have stayed to think, there can never be a happy marriage, considering the way some respond to such stories on this forum. Our female celebrities also need to read this, some of them are on this forum hiding behind unknown monikers.

Good ending I must say cheesy cheesy . Good story smiley wink wink
bukatyne:
@Bibi294:

Very interesting story.

My opinion anyways.
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by bukatyne(f): 10:12am On Mar 15, 2017
Jammiiee:
The earlier u believe the better, I guess u didn't believe cos u thought how on earth will a woman allow that and still stand by her husband. Go and ask our parents especially the good mums, they have 1 or 3 stories to tell about their husbands.

Patience, endurance and lots more, obviously one of the virtues the mom possessed and it paid off. If she had reacted the way it came then, it would have culminated into a broken home. Infact there wouldn't have been a story of Eniola that we read today because it would definitely have a negative effect on her life.

I wish all our guys and ladies out there could read this story and pick one or two things from it. There has been more testimonies of failed marriages than successful ones that subconsciously some folks would have stayed to think, there can never be a happy marriage, considering the way some respond to such stories on this forum. Our female celebrities also need to read this, some of them are on this forum hiding behind unknown monikers.

Good ending I must say cheesy cheesy . Good story smiley wink wink

You are a guy? I laugh!

I choose what I believe and what I won't. I chose my reality and I am fine with it.

Thanks.
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by doubleportion: 10:52am On Mar 15, 2017
Eniola was just very lucky!
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by bukatyne(f): 11:18am On Mar 15, 2017
@Bibi294:

To compensate for my plenty grammar on your thread, I decided to read your other stories.

Story of a Naija broke graduate is a very interesting story.

You sure love happy endings. cheesy
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Joettti: 11:20am On Mar 15, 2017
Nyc stor you made my day!!! Infact Tiri Gbosa for you!!!!
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Bibi294(f): 11:38am On Mar 15, 2017
[quote author=bukatyne post=54608784]@Bibi294:

To compensate for my plenty grammar on your thread, I decided to read your other stories.

Story of a Naija broke graduate is a very interesting story.

You sure love happy endings. cheesy[/quoteShadows of the greens might not cheesy
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Tex42(m): 11:49am On Mar 15, 2017
Stories like this will definitely reduce the rate of divorce in our society.
This story is a blessing to many that have/will read it.
More inspiration to u bibi294.
God bless!
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by 49cents(m): 12:31pm On Mar 15, 2017
If I am to criticise I will say the narrative is quite amaturish as it is incrededulous....

Which son-in-law will admit he had threesomes an foursomes before his wife's parents!!!!

That you have to extract the lessons from the story yourself shows you are In doubt of if your story was able to convey the lessons by itself

The authuor has a penchant of over extending her stories with superflous conversation and leaving her read nothing to imagine and put together

1 Like

Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by eunisam: 12:38pm On Mar 15, 2017
I have learned my lesson an it must be a crime to leave without commenting. keepitup
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by prodekul(f): 2:38pm On Mar 15, 2017
I love this,I will make up with my friend, though his mouth na sharp sword
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Nobody: 3:11pm On Mar 15, 2017
beautiful story... I love it
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Johnsonibx(m): 6:04pm On Mar 15, 2017
Lesson for the day.... Don't just jump into conclusion it ruins many things
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by Sylva2147: 9:08pm On Mar 15, 2017
[quote author=[/quote] you used light skin lady and dark skin lady to described one person please take note of that.
Re: My Marriage (short Story ) by nanadeeva01(f): 10:39pm On Mar 15, 2017
Nice job

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Okwui Enwezor Dies Of Cancer At 55 / Chimamanda Adichie Celebrates Her 44th Birthday Today / Chimamanda Adichie Vs Arthur Eze: A Documentary By Chimamanda

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.