Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,667 members, 7,809,518 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

Why Millions Of Eligible Bachelors Over 30 In China Are Still Single - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Millions Of Eligible Bachelors Over 30 In China Are Still Single (1204 Views)

3 Fundamental Steps For Getting Married For Bachelors / Ladies Now Have A Habit Of Staring At Eligible Bachelors In Church / Why Are You Still Single ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Millions Of Eligible Bachelors Over 30 In China Are Still Single by Sheggy13(m): 6:55am On Feb 19, 2017
The gender gap is a big problem in the Middle Kingdom – and its ‘leftover men’ are going to great lengths to find a wife.
In China, there is a name for unmarried men over 30. Shengnan, meaning “leftover men” have yet to find a wife – and in a country with a growing gender gap, that’s a big problem.
By 2020, it’s estimated there will be 30 million more men than women looking for a partner
China has many millions more men than women, a hangover of the country's one-child policy, which was overturned in 2015, though its effects will last decades more. The gender imbalance is making it hard for many men to find a partner – and the gap is likely to widen.
And to avoid prying questions from inquisitive parents, some men are even resorting to hiring “fake” girlfriends to present to their parents using apps such as Hire Me Plz.Reports suggest hiring a girlfriend can cost up to 10,000 yuan ($1,450) a day.
The problems for men in finding a partner are most acute in poorer rural areas, made worse by long-held traditions that the husband must be able to offer a decent level of financial security before he can secure a wife.
Read more on www.bbc.com/capital/story/20170213-why-millions-of-chinese-men-are-staying-single
Re: Why Millions Of Eligible Bachelors Over 30 In China Are Still Single by Babacele: 7:01am On Feb 19, 2017
Naija babes where una dey?
Re: Why Millions Of Eligible Bachelors Over 30 In China Are Still Single by dingbang(m): 7:01am On Feb 19, 2017
Must they marry from their nationality?

Even me wey dey here so I am open to opportunities of marrying a lady outside my nationality
Re: Why Millions Of Eligible Bachelors Over 30 In China Are Still Single by Jessicaseth(f): 7:16am On Feb 19, 2017
What if Nigerian men get to be called left overs
Re: Why Millions Of Eligible Bachelors Over 30 In China Are Still Single by Nobody: 7:19am On Feb 19, 2017
Please Op, recheck your story again. It's the opposite. Number of women will be more than men in China. And that's why there's a new boom in the business of acting as a boyfriend "fake boyfriend" for the girls whenever the wanna go home visiting. And once she's above 30 and not yet married, she is tag "shegnan" meaning leftover.

1 Like

Re: Why Millions Of Eligible Bachelors Over 30 In China Are Still Single by Sheggy13(m): 9:09am On Feb 19, 2017
Omagago:
Please Op, recheck your story again. It's the opposite. Number of women will be more than men in China. And that's why there's a new boom in the business of acting as a boyfriend "fake boyfriend" for the girls whenever the wanna go home visiting. And once she's above 30 and not yet married, she is tag "shegnan" meaning leftover.
Would you be kind enough to share me the source of your own information? As you can see, I got this from BBC website, and I believe they must have conducted a study to end up coming with an editorial on it. It's quite a lengthy article. I only copied snippets. You could read up the full article from the link I put up there.
Re: Why Millions Of Eligible Bachelors Over 30 In China Are Still Single by Sheggy13(m): 9:12am On Feb 19, 2017
Jessicaseth:
What if Nigerian men get to be called left overs
In Nigeria, the reverse is the case. The one-child policy adopted in China as a means of population control, but outlawed 2 years ago is chiefly responsible for this.
Re: Why Millions Of Eligible Bachelors Over 30 In China Are Still Single by Sheggy13(m): 9:13am On Feb 19, 2017
dingbang:
Must they marry from their nationality?

Even me wey dey here so I am open to opportunities of marrying a lady outside my nationality
Don't you know traditional Chinese are some of the most close-minded people you can ever come across and there are over a billion of those. Only the ones that have been opportune to live in the West have a semblance of open-mindedness and that is being fair on them.
Re: Why Millions Of Eligible Bachelors Over 30 In China Are Still Single by Nobody: 9:43am On Feb 19, 2017
Sheggy13:

Would you be kind enough to share me the source of your own information? As you can see, I got this from BBC website, and I believe they must have conducted a study to end up coming with an editorial on it. It's quite a lengthy article. I only copied snippets. You could read up the full article from the link I put up there.

http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/witness/2016/05/china-fake-boyfriends-160522081331610.html

Here is the link and there is also a video attached if it may interest you to watch.
Re: Why Millions Of Eligible Bachelors Over 30 In China Are Still Single by ikp120(m): 12:36pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hmmm. Two conflicting pieces of information from two different credible mainstream news organisations.

Who we go believe now na? undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Is This Love Or Just Pure Insanity? / How To Talk To Lightskin Females....the Technique!!! / Please What Is Wrong With Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.