Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age (47496 Views)

Is this Pride Or Self Respect? This Has Cost Many Guys Their Relationship / Guys: Whats Your Experience Dating Girls Between 18-25 / 99% Of Nigerian Girls Between 23-30 Have Bleep More Than 7guys And 50 Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by Nobody: 7:31pm On Feb 19, 2017
LUCASC:
That's your version of ignorant reason, a well cultured girl shouldn't be dating guys because of financial needs, that's why some of our Nigerian girls end up in an unpleasant situation because of material things.
some come for love. Just that care should be attached to make her stay. Love and care are like bread and butter wink
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by Laveda(f): 7:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
zicoraads:
Thank God I'm above 25 grin This post is for Laveda, Iceeydee abi na Naijaboiy undecided etc. tongue

Lol. I don't like too older guys, can't really relate well with them.

Age isn't even maturity.

2 Likes

Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
IamZod:
Maturity has nothing to do with age Redbeans. This I know. Nevertheless u've got some valid points.
thanks bro. Living the dream [front page tinz]. The drinks on me wink
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by TwerkingSquirrel(m): 7:33pm On Feb 19, 2017
cocoberry:
Who is calling who gay? Allow Zicoraads experiment with ur bae tongue

I don't keep baes....wait has he experimented with you?
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by Nobody: 7:34pm On Feb 19, 2017
adegeye38:

Not all guys, am 19 and i already run a company, and living comfortably
wow.. That's good news. So... When do you plan settling down? This should guide your approach towards girls. I advise you make it platonic for now
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by kullozone(m): 7:37pm On Feb 19, 2017
SmartyPants:

Guy if not for attention-seeking why would you come up with this half-thought out post? I am older than the age-range you described so i will tell you the truth disspassionately:

In my experience the difference in ages should not exceed 4-5 years. A girl of 20 has very little chance of connecting well with a man of 30; her ideal mate will probably be a boy of about 22.

In our generation, women below 22/23 are still very childish in a lot of ways, and enjoy a different lifestyle. They are still moved by flashy things, swag, going to parties etc, whereas a man of 30 might or should be a lot calmer. Talking about immaturity, i have had several experiences with girls of that age-range where you agree to keep what happened in vegas in vegas, but a few days later all her friends and her spiritual leader know about what happened.

Your points 1 and 3 (which are essentially the same point) show your limited experience. You fail to realize that from 26-30 and above, a single man is not typically looking for a girl who only wants to spend his money on frivolous nonsense, but appreciates a woman with whom he can have a serious discussion over serious things like whether to get a new apartment or buy a new car. Small girls cannot even go there.

Thank you for this... I was just being lazy to type, thank goodness you helped.
What I think is that the op is not exposed and still has alot to learn. His write up is riddled with faults.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by Nobody: 7:40pm On Feb 19, 2017
SmartyPants:

Guy if not for attention-seeking why would you come up with this half-thought out post? I am older than the age-range you described so i will tell you the truth disspassionately:

In my experience the difference in ages should not exceed 4-5 years. A girl of 20 has very little chance of connecting well with a man of 30; her ideal mate will probably be a boy of about 22.

In our generation, women below 22/23 are still very childish in a lot of ways, and enjoy a different lifestyle. They are still moved by flashy things, swag, going to parties etc, whereas a man of 30 might or should be a lot calmer. Talking about immaturity, i have had several experiences with girls of that age-range where you agree to keep what happened in vegas in vegas, but a few days later all her friends and her spiritual leader know about what happened.

Your points 1 and 3 (which are essentially the same point) show your limited experience. You fail to realize that from 26-30 and above, a single man is not typically looking for a girl who only wants to spend his money on frivolous nonsense, but appreciates a woman with whom he can have a serious discussion over serious things like whether to get a new apartment or buy a new car. Small girls cannot even go there.

splendid analysis but this is were grooming comes in. My uncle (40 then) married his current wife at age 20. Right from when she was 16 in school, he brought her to the city, trained her and prepared her psychologically for the task ahead.

They are living peacefully as there is no sign of naiveness on her part. They make decisions together and she handles her relatives modestly.
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 19, 2017
NotOfThis:
So it's a boyfriend's job to take care of his girlfriend's financial needs? How would she learn to be financially-responsible if she's depending on a man to take care of her?
cheesy i'm looking at the courtship stage though, the man has to be the man to command respect. The girl no doubt have to empower herself no doubt and support when the 'spark' is heading somewhere.

In btw... Awed this is coming from a lady. I guess you are team.independent.ladies
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by Nobody: 7:47pm On Feb 19, 2017
Notime4drama:
are you crazy Not matured enough deep down by 25?
yes, kind of for a girl same age. Wouldn't say more than that so i don't use obscene words tongue
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by IghravweIG(m): 7:50pm On Feb 19, 2017
redbeans:
thanks bro. Living the dream [front page tinz]. The drinks on me wink
Lol. I trust.
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by holocron: 7:52pm On Feb 19, 2017
outstandingsyll:
Am 26 and my bf is 25 and its the best relationship I have ever been in. We're happy and contented with each other cos i make my own money and so does he, that is why neither of us are depending on the other for finance. About life experiences and exposure, he has had more experience about life than I ever will lol. We're planning our future already in the next 3years which I know we will be very happy together. Besides, this theory about older guys is not always true. Cos I have dated a 35 year old baby and it was the worst relationship ever. So ogbeni hold enough facts before come here to post iranu.

It could be u are the assertive type of female, hence the real man of that relationship. That also explains your always dating effeminate men, hence the 35 year old baby u mentioned. U are a macho woman, so ur case is different.
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by frankfab(m): 7:59pm On Feb 19, 2017
you are making a point but honestly dating someone within that age bracket is what girls are after. But when its time for marriage they rush to those in their early 30s as you said
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by arinolaa(f): 8:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
redbeans:
3. Can't take care of your financial needs: some girls might say love is enough but deep down you also need financial care to change your wardrobe, hair and kip ur shape. Jobs are not easy for females to come by.

I was still telling someone this earlier today, they thought I was joking.
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by futurism: 8:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
naijaboiy:

Yea it's not bad for you to let a girl know you like her very much but at the same time you shouldn't fail to let her know you can turn off your feelings and move on if she's acting up.
sure. That is the most important thing... know how to turn off the whole emotions,which comes with experience and maturity.
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by Nobody: 8:04pm On Feb 19, 2017
Lancelott:
All due respect but this posts lacks sense, misleads the younger generations and shows how shallow you are.
firstly you are a woman using a guy's username.
secondly only a lazy who lacks the will to succeed and who doesn't have ambition will wait for a guy to give her everything.
The problem with some ladies is you feel everything should be done to please you, life isn't perfect deal with it.
If you are a lady within that age bracket, follow your heart but carry your head with it... A guy of 50 can still break your hearts.
the person who posted this is promoting difficulties in relationships.
To the struggling young man, DO YOUR BEST TO ASSIST YOUR BABE, don't spoon feed her, its a privilege not her birth right.
If she feels your efforts are not worth it and she wants a ready made man...free her and let's see if a ready made man will want a bag of LAZY bones...
I am 23 and my girlfriend has always been there for me good or bad and she's 23 and she always telling me how much she believes in me and guess what she's not so lazy as to depend on me for every slight thing tho I do my best and it's good enough for her.
Ladies should try and assist not depend like it's your birth right.
aww.. I'm touched. But do ensure you stay with her even when you become wealthy. Just wondering, how many guys are ready to stay with their girls wholeheartedly?? As for being a woman, that's laughable. If you've been on romanceland for long or checked my profile you will know i've been 'pro-males' until now.

I'm not misleading anyone. Just opening their eyes. Everyone has the freewill to do what you want.I've seen enough; done enough. Young guys making girls go through countless abortion due to insensitivity. How many times do we hear of ladies staying faithful to their mates for lets say 7 years and when she's 30, she no longer fits their ideal woman.

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by Hman92: 8:06pm On Feb 19, 2017
redbeans:
antagonist... Well done. What is backward about my post? Just because i decided not to join the bandwagon of guys who despise women with unwarranted brevity. #i.stand.with.the.truth

You re only seeing sh#t from your point of view.........you be relationship analyst or love doctor Its ur bloodclaute opinion abeg....there's no truth here...my friend got married last two years to a 23 year old he's 25 well to do has a house in asaba so how bout that
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by Nobody: 8:08pm On Feb 19, 2017
naijaboiy:

Lool...op's post has nothing to do with me. He is only trying to advocate for the girls who are interested in dating sugar daddies.

Everybody's way of running a relationship Cannot be the same way bro. The post is bullshit.
hmm.. You of all people. Not saying a very wide age difference. Let's say.. A lady 25 with a guy 30-32 smiley
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by mavister(m): 8:08pm On Feb 19, 2017
Rants from an immature, jobless and lonely life..maybe u should be reminded that age is not a measurement of ones maturity. Maturity is of the mind. A girl can date any guy she wishes within that age bracket or below..thing is there ain't any rule book guiding all these. Any girl on planet earth knows what she likes and is free to get such. It doesnt even make much sense to me for a girl of 20 dating a man of 32 or so cos its usually a problem..Am within the age bracket u stipulated, come see what I've achieved.
#peace

1 Like

Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by arinolaa(f): 8:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
redbeans:
5. Lack of maturity: no offence intended, the female counterparts within our age bracket tend to know more about relationships than us. So.. How do we command respect/authority? A fiancee/husband-to-be is like a father to the spouse; hence they give advice to their partners on the right part to follow due to their experiences. Guys 20-25 might not be able to do this. They might lead you astray or chicken out.

NB : no sexual satisfaction too as they are not matured enough deep down.

I agree to some degree, but I believe maturity is more about your state of mind.There are 50 old men who still act like their in their 20's. And there are 20-year-old guys who act so mature for their age.
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by Nobody: 8:13pm On Feb 19, 2017
Castleberry:
We should kuku follow sugardaddy undecided undecided
lol.. It's your choice though to apply wisdom or learn from your experience. Never the lest... We can't prognosticate fully what fate has in store. You could be lucky with a young God-fearing guy
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by elmisti(m): 8:16pm On Feb 19, 2017
So @op posted this nonsense just to make FP....
No sense in what u saying.... In fact. I have it in mind that if I don't nail a strong relationship b4 am 26 den its a free bleeping world...... Av seen guys of 35 who really don't seem settled. Dey have d cash but it Neva seem to be enough for den....wen I am my wedding next year I will surely invite u
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by Nobody: 8:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
Hman92:

You re only seeing sh#t from your point of view.........you be relationship analyst or love doctor Its ur bloodclaute opinion abeg....there's no truth here...my friend got married last two years to a 23 year old he's 25 well to do has a house in asaba so how bout that
not omniscient but exposed. Happy for him! I pray the union lasts and is friction-free
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by Nobody: 8:26pm On Feb 19, 2017
arinolaa:

I agree to some degree, but I believe maturity is more about your state of mind.There are 50 old men who still act like their in their 20's. And there are 20-year-old guys who act so mature for their age.
emm.. True. the chances of getting a serious guy in the 30s is more. Mind you, i'm 25 so no hidden agenda. My sister used to have many suitors. From my observation, the advanced ones were more serious.
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by lereinter(m): 8:43pm On Feb 19, 2017
nl now avenue for trash
but op

Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by sirfee(m): 9:02pm On Feb 19, 2017
swtman:
K
One million gbosas for you...
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by sirfee(m): 9:07pm On Feb 19, 2017
redbeans:
emm.. True. the chances of getting a serious guy in the 30s is more. Mind you, i'm 25 so no hidden agenda. My sister used to have many suitors. From my observation, the advanced ones were more serious.
I'm really interested in the weed you are taking.
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by outstandingsyll(f): 9:09pm On Feb 19, 2017
holocron:

It could be u are the assertive type of female, hence the real man of that relationship. That also explains your always dating effeminate men, hence the 35 year old baby u mentioned. U are a macho woman, so ur case is different.
not true. That 35year old baby was just a mistake I always regret. I have dated good older guys too. That theory about younger guys is not always true. My bf is a great guy and the man in the relationship besides, I have other friends that are dating cool younger guys too.
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by Nobody: 9:14pm On Feb 19, 2017
sirfee:
One million gbosas for you...
I great you sir..

Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
sirfee:
I'm really interested in the weed you are taking.
that would be common sense weed
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by Nobody: 9:21pm On Feb 19, 2017
LegalBaby:
Hell no. I love fresh blood. grin
Correct geh!
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by sirfee(m): 9:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
redbeans:
that would be common sense weed
Indeed...make sure you don't become a p^ssy nigga(no offense)
Re: Reasons Why Girls Between 20 - 25 Should Not Date Guys Their Age by sirfee(m): 9:29pm On Feb 19, 2017
swtman:
I great you sir..
Respect boss...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Slay Mamas In Bikinis Twerk To Davido's N1M #BumBumchallenge At The Beach / I'm Pregnant; My Boyfriend Wants Abortion / Nairaland Romance Official Valentine Thread {pls Lets Keep This Thread Simple}

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.