Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction (7418 Views)

As Christians, How Can We Overcome Sin? / Can You Deny God Or Your Belief At Gun Point? / For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by jonbellion(m): 5:18pm On Feb 21, 2017
Pidgin2 kiss
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by tabletgirl: 9:30pm On Feb 21, 2017
I wont bother with a lot of things. But first of all, which MAN has seen God? No MAN can see God and live. God spoke to Moses and told him so as well. But isn't the English clear enough? I wont flog the issue sha, because it's more than that. Anyway apart from that dear brother, those who die do not behold God's Face yet, there are several dimensions and the dead Christ-ians (in lay man words) do not yet behold His Face, "He's a little higher up". You may reference William Branham's book "beyond the curtain of time " available for free online where he was caught up for a few moments . You see, the truth may surface at different points in time, centuries apart ,cut apart, but truth can only remain truth. Cut it anyway u want to, it will be what it is. Jesus' Word remains true and always will be. Regardless of what u think or what I think. Apart from what we hear in church, a lot of things have happened to me that are only written in books...ive felt His Presence and I trembled from head to toe all covered up in my blanket even after It left, I've felt Him, been healed in a second when I could not afford drugs without a Pastors prayer, just His Presence , eaten what I wanted when I was hungry without having money, seen possessed person flee as I breathed the name of Jesus, seen a strange bird get pushed off an electric wire with monumental force after "dodging twice" when my then maybe 8 year old brother was playing church and happened to see a bird staring at us and started pointing and it and saying "I bind u in Jesus Name" and more. So how can u convince me He is not real when I know Him? How can u convince my best friend for example that she does not know me? When she has known me for years. She knows my likes, my dislikes, what I look like, my relatives etc. So she would laugh in your face. That's how I laugh but not rudely Pls. I've been with the King of Kings in so many ways so many times and He is more real than I am. Note that I didn't mention any Pastor or anything like that in my writeup, it's a personal relationship, He healed me, delivered me, set me free and it was just between us Two but like pregnancy u can't hide what u have inside and so the whole world knows that I'm saved and sanctified. It's true not a lot of people who call themselves Christians actually know Him, but that doesn't mean you can't. Please forget what people would say, in the closet in your room, speak a few words to Him with all your heart. You will find the true Him and Peace that passeth all understanding. God is real and all He wants is a relationship with you. You don't need to let anyone know what u are doing, try Him in your room, He hears. Much love, TG

P. S I do not share these things online but someone needs to read it. It might not be you, the Holy Spirit knows Specifically who. Much love and respect, TG
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 9:54pm On Feb 21, 2017
jonbellion:
The christians are always fond of saying that "carnal minds" can never understand the bible.
Well my mind must be be carnal then
2 kings 2:11
As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.
John 3:11
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.(these were jesus' words)
I don't think you need a soothsayer to tell you there is something wrong here
What's your say on this christians
Hopfullandlord, Hahn. Lennycool, jackbizzle, benzics, lepasharon, liberadeus, immorttal, seun, randomperson, teempakguy, SirWere, Akintom
The christian crew

In John 1:18 the word of God says "No one has ever seen God but the one and only son

Acts 7:15 Full of the Holy Spirit gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at His right side

1 king 18:46

The power of the Lord came on Elijah and tucking his cloak into his belt he ran ahead of Ahab all the way to Jezreel

The Holy Spirit empowers people to do extraordinary things. No one on his own has ever seen God or gone to heaven where God recides unless God unites himself with man and the two become one.

1 cor 6:17 but whosoever is United with God is one with Him in spirit
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by jonbellion(m): 12:44am On Feb 22, 2017
Pidgin2:

In John 1:18 the word of God says "No one has ever seen God but the one and only son

Acts 7:15 Full of the Holy Spirit gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God and Jesus standing at His right side

1 king 18:46

The power of the Lord came on Elijah and tucking his cloak into his belt he ran ahead of Ahab all the way to Jezreel

The Holy Spirit empowers people to do extraordinary things. No one on his own has ever seen God or gone to heaven where God recides unless God unites himself with man and the two become one.

1 cor 6:17 but whosoever is United with God is one with Him in spirit

aww baby boo
Your explanation is so cute
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by InsanePsycho(m): 1:00am On Feb 22, 2017
CriticMaestro:
Atheism is natural to man, it is the most comfortable position. It is a reflection of his depraved state being engulfed in sin. The Bible states: the fool has said in his heart there is no God. Why, because there is so much evidence to the contrary? No, it is more of a hopeful out look so that they will not be accountable to anyone or for anything they have done.

Check my siggy smiley
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by jonbellion(m): 10:38am On Feb 22, 2017
InsanePsycho:

Check my siggy smiley
lol
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by blueAgent(m): 2:11pm On Feb 22, 2017
jonbellion:
The christians are always fond of saying that "carnal minds" can never understand the bible.
As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.(these were jesus' words)
Hopfullandlord, Hahn. Lennycool, jackbizzle, benzics, lepasharon, liberadeus, immorttal, seun, randomperson, teempakguy, SirWere, Akintom
The christian crew

You see your mind is really carnal you cannot understand those Bible verses i will send you the explanation
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by blueAgent(m): 2:20pm On Feb 22, 2017
A biblical event many cite to support belief
that the righteous go to heaven when they die
involves the prophet Elijah.
Elijah was a prophet of God in the ninth centuryB.C. The Bible states that “Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven” ( 2 Kings 2:11). But does this contradict the testimony of John’s Gospel, which stated some 900 years after Elijah’s time that “no one has ascended to heaven but He whovcame down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man”? ( John 3:13).
How can we explain this seeming biblical
discrepancy? A closer look shows that the two
passages can be reconciled easily enough.
Careful study shows that three “heavens” are
actually discussed in the Bible. One is God’s
dwelling place—the place of His throne—and the heaven where the resurrected Jesus is today.
Speaking of Christ, who is our High Priest, the
Bible says, “We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the
Majesty in the heavens” (Hebrews 8:1). Heaven is specifically called God’s dwelling place ( Deuteronomy 26:15). The apostle Paul calls this heaven the “third heaven” (2 Corinthians 12:2)— showing, as noted, that there are two others. It’s described as the “third” because, being in the spirit realm, it is beyond the other two, which are in the physical realm.
Another heaven discussed in the Bible, second in proximity to us, is what we call outer space. It is the domain of the moon, planets, comets,
asteroids, sun and stars. David spoke of this
when he reflected on the awesomeness of God’s creative handiwork, which he described as “Your heavens, the work of Your fingers, the moon andvthe stars, which You have ordained” ( Psalms 8:3). Many scriptures mention “the stars of
heaven” ( Genesis 26:4; Deuteronomy 1:10;
Deuteronomy 28:62; Isaiah 13:10).
Yet another heaven, closest to us in proximity, is the envelope of air that surrounds our planet, consisting of oxygen and other gases. This heaven—earth’s atmosphere—is mentioned in such passages as Genesis 7:11-12, which describes the great flood of Noah’s day: “The windows of heaven were opened. And the rain was on the earth forty days and forty nights.” The Bible also speaks of “the birds of heaven,” those that fly overhead ( Job 35:11; Jeremiah 16:4). To determine which heaven is meant in a Bible passage, we must carefully consider the context.
It was into the lower reaches of this first, closest heaven—the earth’s atmosphere—that Elijah was taken. Let’s notice the proof.
God had earlier told Elijah he was to anoint a
man named Elisha as a prophet to succeed him( 1 Kings 19:16). Later, as the two men walked together, Elijah said to Elisha, “What may I do for you, before I am taken away from you?” ( 2 Kings 2:9). This led to a discussion of God’s gifts to Elisha that would allow him to fill Elijah’s role. “Then it happened, as they continued on and talked, that suddenly a chariot of fire appeared with horses of fire, and separated the two of them; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven” ( 2 Kings 2:11). Elijah was now gone. The former followers and students of Elijah were now to look to Elisha as their new leader. “Now when the sons of the prophets who were from Jericho saw him, they said, ‘The spirit of Elijah rests on Elisha’ ” ( 2 Kings 2:15).
Many readers assume that Elijah at that point was made immortal and taken to the heaven where God resides. This was not the case. The sons of the prophets knew otherwise. They knew the whirlwind had simply removed Elijah to another location on earth. They exclaimed to Elisha: “Look now, there are fifty strong men with your servants. Please let them go and search for your master, lest perhaps the Spirit of the Lord has taken him up and cast him upon some mountain or into some valley” ( 2 Kings 2:16).
The disciples were concerned for Elijah’s safety,
so they sent out a party of 50 men to search for him. The 50 searched for three days but did not find him ( 2 Kings 2:17).
Another passage proves conclusively that Elijah was not taken up to live in heaven. The Bible records that Elijah wrote a letter to Jehoram, the king of Judah, several years after he was removed in the whirlwind.
Notice the sequence of events recorded for us in the Bible. Elijah’s last recorded and dated act occurred during the reign of the Israelite king Ahaziah when Elijah told the king he would die for his sins ( 2 Kings 1:3-17). Ahaziah’s reign lastedconly about a year, ca. 850 B.C.
Elijah’s removal and replacement by Elisha is
then recorded in the next chapter, 2 Kings 2. The story continues with incidents from Elisha’s life, including an encounter with Jehoshaphat, king of Judah ( 2 Kings 3:11-14). Several years later Jehoram, son of Jehoshaphat, succeeded his father as king of Judah, ca. 845 B.C. ( 2 Kings 8:16).
Jehoram proved to be a wicked king, leading the nation of Judah in rebellion against God’s
commandments. A few years into Jehoram’s
reign, and several years after Elijah’s removal,
Jehoram received a letter from Elijah warning the king of dire consequences because of his sins. This letter is recorded in 2 Chronicles 21:12-15.
This letter proves that the prophet was still alive and on earth some years after he was removed by the whirlwind and replaced by Elisha. God had
chosen Elisha to succeed Elijah as His prophet, so He bodily removed Elijah to another place,
where he continued to live for at least several
more years—as his letter to Jehoram
demonstrates.
The Bible tells us nothing more about Elijah’s life following his writing of the letter. But he
eventually died, just like the other prophets and righteous men of the Old Testament, who all died in faith, not yet receiving the eternal life God had promised ( Hebrews 11:39).
Again, a careful reading of the Scriptures shows that Elijah’s miraculous removal by a fiery chariot involved transporting him to another location on earth, not to eternal life in heaven.
HEAVEN AND HELL
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by blueAgent(m): 2:24pm On Feb 22, 2017
jonbellion:
The christian crew

You spend so much time looking for contridictions in the Bible,which are not contridictions when the Bible is carefully studied,instead of you to worry and spend your time refuting all the Scam Hoax, and unproved lies in your fantasy World(Atheism and Evolusion).
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Kenneth4u205(m): 9:43pm On Feb 22, 2017
no one has ever Gone to heaven physically except Jesus. when Elijah was taken by a chariot of fire ,he's body was transformed to spiritual body on the way before he Got to heaven.the 50 sons of the prophet knew about this transformation. they knew you can't see God physically. the knew that Elijah physical body was discarded on the way to heaven. and that he was given a new heavenly body.that was why the spent 3 days searching for the discarded physical body of Elijah according to 1 kings 2:16-18

1 kings 2:16-18

16 They said to him, “Look, there are fifty capable men with your servants. Let them go and look for your master, for the wind sent from the LORD may have carried him away and dropped him on one of the hills or in one of the valleys.” But Elisha replied, “Don’t send them out.”

17 But they were so insistent, he became embarrassed. So he said, “Send them out.” They sent the fifty men out and they looked for three days, but could not find Elijah.

18 When they came back, Elisha was staying in Jericho. He said to them, “Didn’t I tell you, ‘Don’t go
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Peacefullove: 10:29pm On Feb 22, 2017
Kenneth4u205:
no one has ever Gone to heaven physically except Jesus. when Elijah was taken by a chariot of fire ,he's body was transformed to spiritual body on the way before he Got to heaven.the 50 sons of the prophet knew about this transformation. they knew you can't see God physically. the knew that Elijah physical body was discarded on the way to heaven. and that he was given a new heavenly body.that was why the spent 3 days searching for the discarded physical body of Elijah according to 1 kings 2:16-18

16 They said to him, “Look, there are fifty capable men with your servants. Let them go and look for your master, for the wind sent from the LORD may have carried him away and dropped him on one of the hills or in one of the valleys.” But Elisha replied, “Don’t send them out.”

17 But they were so insistent, he became embarrassed. So he said, “Send them out.” They sent the fifty men out and they looked for three days, but could not find Elijah.

18 When they came back, Elisha was staying in Jericho. He said to them, “Didn’t I tell you, ‘Don’t go

so u are telling me they were searching for a Dead body ?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by akintom(m): 10:48pm On Feb 22, 2017
Kenneth4u205:

* you claimed the disciple of Elijah knew that the physical body was shed.

* but in the verses you gave to back your claim, there's no mention or reference to shedding off the physical body.

Did you noticed that?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CAPTIVATOR: 10:57pm On Feb 22, 2017
jonbellion:

its normal to be curious like you are and asking questions is not a bad thing. But regarding this , there is no contradiction.

what you fail to understand is Elijah went up to heaven doesnt mean Gods abode , it simply refer to the sky . compare Psalm 19:1 where the sky is called Heaven , is it Logical to believe Elijah actually went to God in heaven when there is evidence that he was seen writing a letter to a King years After the event ?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by akintom(m): 11:18pm On Feb 22, 2017
CAPTIVATOR:

its normal to be curious like you are and asking questions is not a bad thing. But regarding this , there is no contradiction.

what you fail to understand is Elijah went up to heaven doesnt mean Gods abode , it simply refer to the sky . compare Psalm 19:1 where the sky is called Heaven , is it Logical to believe Elijah actually went to God in heaven when there is evidence that he was seen writing a letter to a King years After the event ?
Sky?
Can we have the verse that documented, that Elijah returned to write letters?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Kenneth4u205(m): 7:06am On Feb 23, 2017
Peacefullove:

so u are telling me they were searching for a Dead body ?
yes they were searching for the dead body of Elijah. the knew that no one can ascend physically into heaven to see God with this body of flesh .those guys were prophets that understand how God does things. that the didn't see the body does not mean that the body wasn't buried somewhere by God.prophet moses body was also buried by God many years earlier and nobody was able to locate it.by mere reason of the prophets searching for Elijah body shows that the knew that God buried the physical body somewhere. it was the spiritual body of Elijah to went to heaven.it was only Jesus that has ever seen God according to scripture you quoted in john
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by akintom(m): 7:13am On Feb 23, 2017
Kenneth4u205:
yes they were searching for the dead body of Elijah. the knew that no one can ascend physically into heaven to see God with this body of flesh .those guys were prophets that understand how God does things. that the didn't see the body does not mean that the body wasn't buried somewhere by God.prophet moses body was also buried by God many years earlier and nobody was able to locate it.by mere reason of the prophets searching for Elijah body shows that the knew that God buried the physical body somewhere. it was the spiritual body of Elijah to went to heaven.it was only Jesus that has ever seen God according to scripture you quoted in john
how did you know that God buried moses?
Which Bible reference said so?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Kenneth4u205(m): 7:22am On Feb 23, 2017
akintom:

* you claimed the disciple of Elijah knew that the physical body was shed.

* but in the verses you gave to back your claim, there's no mention or reference to shedding off the physical body.

Did you noticed that?
the bible made it clearly that if every actions was recorded, not even the whole earth will be able to contain the size of the bible.the bible is s summary of events that took place.do you think those disciples of Elijah were idiots or fool. they are all prophets who hears from God.they knew that they physical body of Elijah can't ascend to heaven to see God ,even though that they were all present when the chariot of fire took Elijah. they knew that it was Elijah spiritual body that went above,while his physical body was buried somewhere by God as he did to moses body.so the started looking for the body of Elijah. this shows that they understood what really happened .study the bible under the guidance of the holy spirit and he will reveal deep things to you.no contradiction in the Bible. thanks
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by akintom(m): 7:30am On Feb 23, 2017
Kenneth4u205:
the bible made it clearly that if every actions was recorded, not even the whole earth will be able to contain the size of the bible.the bible is s summary of events that took place.do you think those disciples of Elijah were idiots or fool. they are all prophets who hears from God.they knew that they physical body of Elijah can't ascend to heaven to see God ,even though that they were all present when the chariot of fire took Elijah. they knew that it was Elijah spiritual body that went above,while his physical body was buried somewhere by God as he did to moses body.so the started looking for the body of Elijah. this shows that they understood what really happened .study the bible under the guidance of the holy spirit and he will reveal deep things to you.no contradiction in the Bible. thanks
it's better you Christians learn how to debate intelligently, than exhibit arrogance that's excused on some holy spirit.

Wouldn't it honest of you to base this deduction of yours, as just your personal opinion? Than insisting on unfounded interpretation?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Kenneth4u205(m): 7:35am On Feb 23, 2017
akintom:
how did you know that God buried moses?
Which Bible reference said so?
Deuteronomy 34:5-7 New King James Version (NKJV)
5 So Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land
of Moab, according to the word of the Lord. 6 And the lord
buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth
Peor; but no one knows his grave to this day. 7 Moses
was one hundred and twenty years old when he died. His
eyes were not dim nor his natural vigor diminished.
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by oaroloye(m): 7:49am On Feb 23, 2017
SHALOM!

jonbellion:
The christian crew

Yahshua was not speaking English, therefore, a literal translation of his speeches is not always possible.

In the King James Version, this is addressed, when it is addressed, by the translators writing words in italics, so that the readers can know that those words do not exist in the original text, but had to be added so that the English speaker can understand what was said.

. LEVITICUS 24:10-16.

10. And the son of an Israelitish woman,
whose father was an Egyptian,
went out among the Children of Israel:
and this son of the Israelitish woman
and a man of Israel
strove together in the camp;
11. And the Israelitish woman's son
blasphemed The Name of the Lord, and cursed.
And they brought him unto Moses:
(and his mother's name was Shelomith,
the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dansmiley
12. And they put him in ward,
that the mind of The LORD might be shewed them.
13. And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
14. "Bring forth him that hath cursed without the camp;
and let all that heard him
lay their hands upon his head,
and let all the Congregation stone him.
15. "And thou shalt speak
unto the Children of Israel, saying,

'WHOSOEVER CURSETH HIS GOD
SHALL BEAR HIS SIN.
16. 'AND HE THAT BLASPHEMETH
THE NAME OF THE LORD,
HE SHALL SURELY BE PUT TO DEATH,
AND ALL THE CONGREGATION
SHALL CERTAINLY STONE HIM:
AS WELL THE STRANGER,
AS HE THAT IS BORN IN THE LAND,
WHEN HE BLASPHEMETH
THE NAME OF THE LORD,
SHALL BE PUT TO DEATH.' "

BLASPHEMY IS DEFINED IN THE LAW OF GOD BY MOSES AS A VERY TERRIBLE SIN, WHOSE COMMITTERS ARE TO BE SUMMARILY EXECUTED WITHOUT MERCY. (A thing they tried to do to Yahshua.)

But Yahshua says this:

. MATTHEW 12:22-37.

22. Then was brought unto him
one possessed with a Devil, blind, and dumb:
and he healed him,
insomuch that the blind and dumb
both spake and saw.
23. And all the people were amazed, and said,
"Is not this the son of David?"
24. But when the Pharisees heard it, they said,
"This fellow doth not cast out Devils,
but by Beelzebub the Prince of the Devils."
25. And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them,
"Every kingdom divided against itself
is brought to desolation;
and every city or house
divided against itself
shall not stand:
26. "And if Satan cast out Satan,
he is divided against himself;
how shall then his Kingdom stand?
27. "And if I by Beelzebub cast out Devils,
by whom do your children cast them out?
Therefore they shall be your judges.
28. "But if I cast out Devils
by The Spirit of God,
then The Kingdom of God is come unto you.
29. "Or else how can one
enter into a Strong Man's House,
and spoil his goods,
except he first bind the Strong Man?
And then he will spoil his House.
30. "He that is not with me is against me;
and he that gathereth not with me
scattereth abroad.
31. "Wherefore I say unto you,

'ALL MANNER OF SIN AND BLASPHEMY
SHALL BE FORGIVEN UNTO MEN:
BUT THE BLASPHEMY
AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST
SHALL NOT BE FORGIVEN
UNTO MEN.'

32. "And whosoever speaketh
a Word against The Son of Man,
it shall be forgiven him:
but whosoever speaketh
against the Holy Ghost,
it shall not be forgiven him,
neither in this World,
neither in the World to come.
33. "Either make the tree good,
and his fruit good;
or else make the tree corrupt,
and his fruit corrupt:
for the tree is known by his fruit.
34. "O Generation of Vipers,
how can ye, being Evil,
speak Good Things?
For out of the Abundance of the heart
the mouth speaketh.
35. "A Good Man
out of the Good Treasure of the heart
bringeth forth Good Things:
and an Evil Man
out of the Evil Treasure
bringeth forth Evil Things.
36.But I say unto you,

'THAT EVERY IDLE WORD
THAT MEN SHALL SPEAK,
THEY SHALL GIVE ACCOUNT THEREOF
IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT.'

37. "For by thy Words thou shalt be Justified,
and by thy Words thou shalt be Condemned."

YAHSHUA SAID HERE THAT ALL SORTS OF SINS AND BLASPHEMIES WILL BE FORGIVEN- EXCEPT THE BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST.

If that is literally true, then the Commandments to the contrary are meaningless.

. NUMBERS 15:27-31.

27. "And if any Soul Sin through ignorance,
then he shall bring a she goat
of the first year for a Sin Offering.
28. And the priest shall make an Atonement
for the Soul that Sinneth Ignorantly,
when he Sinneth by Ignorance
before The LORD,
to make an Atonement for him;
and it shall be forgiven him.
29. "Ye shall have One Law
for him that Sinneth through Ignorance,
both for him that is born
among the Children of Israel,
and for the Stranger that sojourneth
among them.
30. "But the Soul
that doeth ought presumptuously,
whether he be born in the land,
or a Stranger,
the same Reproacheth The LORD;
and that Soul shall be cut off
from among his people.
31. "Because he hath despised
The Word of The LORD,
and hath broken His Commandment,
that Soul shall utterly be cut off;
his Iniquity shall be upon him."

THE LAW STATES EXPLICITLY, THAT THERE IS NO ATONEMENT FOR PEOPLE WHO SIN DELIBERATELY.

YAHSHUA does not have authority to change The Law.

Therefore his statement that ALL SINS SND BLASPHEMIES would be forgiven WAS NOT LITERALLY TRUE.

What he was saying was evidently A RHETORICAL DEVICE- that is, A FIGURE-OF-SPEECH to ILLUSTRATE A POINT.

The point being that, IF BY SOME MIRACLE, all Sins and Blasphemies could be forgiven, THE BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST would NEVER, EVER be forgiven.

YAHSHUA'S STATEMENT that no one ever ascended into Heaven before LITERALLY MEANT:

NO ONE ELSE IN LIVING MEMORY had ever ascended into Heaven before; NO ONE ELSE PRESENT had ever ascended into Heaven- BUT HE HAD.

Furthermore, we are Commanded to not only BELIEVE in The Messengers of God, BUT ALSO TO LOVE THEM.

Instead of looking at their statements with a view to making them out to be FAKE, and EVIL, instead THINK about WHAT WOULD EXONERATE THIS MAN?

This is the ONLY MAN, in the History of the World, who went to THIS MUCH TROUBLE to SAVE YOUR SOUL- and you want to RUBBISH HIM over SEMANTICS.

What does that say about YOU?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by emmanuel1990(m): 8:29am On Feb 23, 2017
AvsGot007:
I think it's time to thanks y'all atheist on here... now I got more questions to ask these Jehovah witness
but sadly they don't come knocking anymore

I'm deist btw
U are free to ask me the questions..
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by jonbellion(m): 9:15am On Feb 23, 2017
oaroloye:
SHALOM!

Yahshua was not speaking English, therefore, a literal translation of his speeches is not always possible.

In the King James Version, this is addressed, when it is addressed, by the translators writing words in italics, so that the readers can know that those words do not exist in the original text, but had to be added so that the English speaker can understand what was said.

. Leviticus 24:10-16.

[10]And the son of an Israelitish woman,
whose father was an Egyptian,
went out among the Children of Israel:
and this son of the Israelitish woman
and a man of Israel strove together in the camp;
[11]And the Israelitish woman's son blasphemed the Name of the LORD, and cursed.
And they brought him unto Moses: (and his mother's name was Shelomith, the daughter of Dibri, of the tribe of Dansmiley
[12]And they put him in ward, that the mind of the LORD might be shewed them.
[13]And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying,
[14]Bring forth him that hath cursed without the camp;
and let all that heard him lay their hands upon his head,
and let all the congregation stone him.
[15]And thou shalt speak unto the Children of Israel, saying,
Whosoever curseth his God shall bear his sin.
[16]And he that blasphemeth the name of the LORD,
he shall surely be put to death,
and all the congregation shall certainly stone him:
as well the stranger, as he that is born in the land,
when he blasphemeth the Name of the LORD,
shall be put to death.

BLASPHEMY IS DEFINED IN THE LAW OF GOD BY MOSES AS A VERY TERRIBLE SIN, WHOSE COMMITTERS ARE TO BE SUMMARILY EXECUTED WITHOUT MERCY. (A thing they tried to do to Yahshua.)

But Yahshua says this:

. MATTHEW 12:22-37.

22. Then was brought unto him
one possessed with a Devil, blind, and dumb:
and he healed him,
insomuch that the blind and dumb
both spake and saw.
23. And all the people were amazed, and said,
"Is not this the son of David?"
24. But when the Pharisees heard it, they said,
"This fellow doth not cast out Devils,
but by Beelzebub the Prince of the Devils."
25. And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them,
"Every kingdom divided against itself
is brought to desolation;
and every city or house
divided against itself
shall not stand:
26. "And if Satan cast out Satan,
he is divided against himself;
how shall then his Kingdom stand?
27. "And if I by Beelzebub cast out Devils,
by whom do your children cast them out?
Therefore they shall be your judges.
28. "But if I cast out Devils
by The Spirit of God,
then The Kingdom of God is come unto you.
29. "Or else how can one
enter into a Strong Man's House,
and spoil his goods,
except he first bind the Strong Man?
And then he will spoil his House.
30. "He that is not with me is against me;
and he that gathereth not with me
scattereth abroad.
31. "Wherefore I say unto you,

'ALL MANNER OF SIN AND BLASPHEMY
SHALL BE FORGIVEN UNTO MEN:
BUT THE BLASPHEMY
AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST
SHALL NOT BE FORGIVEN
UNTO MEN.'

32. "And whosoever speaketh
a Word against The Son of Man,
it shall be forgiven him:
but whosoever speaketh
against the Holy Ghost,
it shall not be forgiven him,
neither in this World,
neither in the World to come.
33. "Either make the tree good,
and his fruit good;
or else make the tree corrupt,
and his fruit corrupt:
for the tree is known by his fruit.
34. "O Generation of Vipers,
how can ye, being Evil,
speak Good Things?
For out of the Abundance of the heart
the mouth speaketh.
35. "A Good Man
out of the Good Treasure of the heart
bringeth forth Good Things:
and an Evil Man
out of the Evil Treasure
bringeth forth Evil Things.
36.But I say unto you,

'THAT EVERY IDLE WORD
THAT MEN SHALL SPEAK,
THEY SHALL GIVE ACCOUNT THEREOF
IN THE DAY OF JUDGMENT.'

37. "For by thy Words thou shalt be Justified,
and by thy Words thou shalt be Condemned."

YAHSHUA SAID HERE THAT ALL SORTS OF SINS AND BLASPHEMIES WILL BE FORGIVEN- EXCEPT THE BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST.

If that is literally true, then the Commandments to the contrary are meaningless.

. NUMBERS 15:27-31.

27. "And if any Soul Sin through ignorance,
then he shall bring a she goat
of the first year for a Sin Offering.
28. And the priest shall make an Atonement
for the Soul that Sinneth Ignorantly,
when he Sinneth by Ignorance
before The LORD,
to make an Atonement for him;
and it shall be forgiven him.
29. "Ye shall have One Law
for him that Sinneth through Ignorance,
both for him that is born
among the Children of Israel,
and for the Stranger that sojourneth
among them.
30. "But the Soul
that doeth ought presumptuously,
whether he be born in the land,
or a Stranger,
the same Reproacheth The LORD;
and that Soul shall be cut off
from among his people.
31. "Because he hath despised
The Word of The LORD,
and hath broken His Commandment,
that Soul shall utterly be cut off;
his Iniquity shall be upon him."

THE LAW STATES EXPLICITLY, THAT THERE IS NO ATONEMENT FOR PEOPLE WHO SIN DELIBERATELY.

YAHSHUA does not have authority to change The Law.

Therefore his statement that ALL SINS SND BLASPHEMIES would be forgiven WAS NOT LITERALLY TRUE.

What he was saying was evidently A RHETORICAL DEVICE- that is, A FIGURE-OF-SPEECH to ILLUSTRATE A POINT.

The point being that, IF BY SOME MIRACLE, all Sins and Blasphemies could be forgiven, THE BLASPHEMY AGAINST THE HOLY GHOST would NEVER, EVER be forgiven.

YAHSHUA'S STATEMENT that no one ever ascended into Heaven before LITERALLY MEANT:

NO ONE ELSE IN LIVING MEMORY had ever ascended into Heaven before; NO ONE ELSE PRESENT had ever ascended into Heaven- BUT HE HAD.

Furthermore, we are Commanded to not only BELIEVE in The Messengers of God, BUT ALSO TO LOVE THEM.

Instead of looking at their statements with a view to making them out to be FAKE, and EVIL, instead THINK about WHAT WOULD EXONERATE THIS MAN?

This is the ONLY MAN, in the History of the World, who went to THIS MUCH TROUBLE to SAVE YOUR SOUL- and you want to RUBBISH HIM over SEMANTICS.

What does that say about YOU?
lmao
Jesus didn't die for my "sins"
If Jesus existed he died for his stupidity going around Isreal and claiming he was god which was considered blasphemy according to the Jews. What concerns me a sub-Saharan African with a Palestinian jew undecided. How exactly did a jew die for the sins of mankind undecided
You need to wake up from this crap
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by akintom(m): 9:41am On Feb 23, 2017
Kenneth4u205:
Deuteronomy 34:5-7 New King James Version (NKJV)
5 So Moses the servant of the Lord died there in the land
of Moab, according to the word of the Lord. 6 And the lord
buried him in a valley in the land of Moab, opposite Beth
Peor; but no one knows his grave to this day. 7 Moses
was one hundred and twenty years old when he died. His
eyes were not dim nor his natural vigor diminished.
who's the author of the book of deuteronomy?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by jonbellion(m): 9:56am On Feb 23, 2017
blueAgent:

You spend so much time looking for contridictions in the Bible,which are not contridictions when the Bible is carefully studied,instead of you to worry and spend your time refuting all the Scam Hoax, and unproved lies in your fantasy World(Atheism and Evolusion).
evolution is fantasy
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by oaroloye(m): 10:55am On Feb 23, 2017
jonbellion:
lmao
Jesus didn't die for my "sins"
If Jesus existed he died for his stupidity going around Isreal and claiming he was god which was considered blasphemy according to the Jews.

YAHSHUA NEVER, ANYWHERE, CLAIMED TO BE GOD.

This is a common misconception amongst people who do not read The Bible for themselves, but rely on others to tell them what It says.

. MATTHEW 16:13-20.

13. When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi,
he asked his Disciples, saying,
"Whom do men say that I the Son of Man am?"
14. And they said,
"Some say that thou art John the Baptist:
some, Elias; and others, Jeremias,
or one of the Prophets."
15. He saith unto them,
"But whom say ye that I am?"
16. And Simon Peter answered and said,
"Thou art the Christ, the Son of The Living God."
17. And Jesus answered and said unto him,
"Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona:
for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee,
but my Father Which is in Heaven.
18. "And I say also unto thee,

'THAT THOU ART PETER,
AND UPON THIS ROCK
I WILL BUILD MY CHURCH;
AND THE GATES OF HELL
SHALL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST IT.'

19. "And I will give unto thee
The Keys of The Kingdom of Heaven:
and whatsoever thou shalt bind on Earth
shall be bound in Heaven:
and whatsoever thou shalt loose on Earth
shall be loosed in Heaven."
20. Then charged he his Disciples
that they should tell no man
that he was Jesus the Christ.

THIS IS THE FIRST OF MANY REVELATIONS A REAL CHRISTIAN IS EXPECTED TO ATTAIN, BEFORE THEY CAN BECOME ONE WITH YAHSHUA.

Being TOLD that Yahshua was The Christ has negative Spiritual Value.

. JOHN 10:24-40.

24. Then came the Jews round about him,
and said unto him,
"How long dost thou make us to doubt?
If thou be the Christ, tell us plainly."
25. Jesus answered them,
"I told you, and ye believed not:
the works that I do in my Father's Name,
they bear witness of me.
26. "But ye believe not,
because ye are not of my sheep,
as I said unto you.
27. "My sheep hear my Voice,
and I know them,
and they follow me:
28. "And I give unto them Eternal Life;
and they shall never perish,
neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29. "My Father, Which gave them me,
is greater than all;
and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's Hand.
30. I and my Father are one."
31. Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.
32. Jesus answered them,
"Many Good Works have I shewed you from my Father;
for which of those works do ye stone me?"
33. The Jews answered him, saying,
"For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy;
and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."
34. Jesus answered them,
"Is it not written in your Law,

'I SAID,

"YE ARE GODS?" '

35. "If he called them gods,
unto whom The Word of God came,
and the Scripture cannot be broken;
36. "Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified,
and sent into the World,

'THOU BLASPHEMEST;'

because I said,
'I am the Son of God?'
37. "If I do not the Works of my Father,
believe me not.
38. "But if I do,
though ye believe not me,
believe the Works:
that ye may know,
and believe,
that the Father is in me,
and I in him."
39 Therefore they sought again to take him:
but he escaped out of their hand,
40. And went away again beyond Jordan
into the place where John at first baptized;
and there he abode.

YAHSHUA CONFRONTED THOSE WHO ACCUSED HIM OF CLAIMING EQUALITY WITH GOD, BY EXAGGERATING WHAT HE ACTUALLY SAID, AND PROVED HIS CASE.

What concerns me a sub-Saharan African with a Palestinian jew undecided. How exactly did a jew die for the sins of mankind undecided
You need to wake up from this crap

ALL THAT GOD NEEDED WAS FOR ONE MAN TO TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL SINNERS WHO WERE READY TO DO WHAT IS NECESSARY TO BE SAVED.

. JOHN 14:1-18.

"LET not your heart be troubled:
ye believe in God,
believe also in me.
2. "In my Father's House
are many Mansions:
if it were not so,
I would have told you.
I go to prepare a place for you.
3. "And if I go and prepare a place for you,
I will come again,
and receive you unto myself;
that where I am,
there ye may be also.
4. "And whither I go ye know,
and The Way ye know."
5. Thomas saith unto him,
"Lord, we know not whither thou goest;
and how can we know The Way?"
6. Jesus saith unto him,
"I am The Way, The Truth, and The Life:
no man cometh unto The Father, but by me.
7. "If ye had known me,
ye should have Known my Father also:
and from henceforth ye Know Him,
and have seen Him."
8. Philip saith unto him,
"Lord, shew us the Father,
and it sufficeth us."
9. Jesus saith unto him,
"Have I been so long time with you,
and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?
He that hath seen me hath seen The Father;
and how sayest thou then,

'SHEW US THE FATHER?'

10. "Believest thou not
that I am in the Father,
and the Father in me?
The Words that I speak unto you
I speak not of myself:
but the Father that dwelleth in me,
he doeth The Works.
11. "Believe me
that I am in The Father,
and The Father in me:
or else believe me
for the very Works' sake.
12. "Verily, verily, I say unto you,

'HE THAT BELIEVETH ON ME,
THE WORKS THAT I DO
SHALL HE DO ALSO;'

and Greater (Works) than these shall he do;
because I go unto my Father.
13. "And whatsoever ye shall ask in my Name,
that will I do,
that The Father may be glorified in The Son.
14. "If ye shall ask any thing in my Name,
I will do it.
15. "If ye love me,
keep my Commandments.
16. "And I will pray The Father,
and He shall give you another Comforter,
that He may abide with you for ever;
17. "Even The Spirit of Truth;
whom the World cannot receive,
because It seeth him not,
neither knoweth Him:
but ye know him;
for He dwelleth with you,
and shall be in you.
18. "I will not leave you comfortless:
I will come to you."

ANYONE ELSE IS QUITE FREE TO SAY THAT THEY ARE THE WAY TO GOD: THE FATHER- BUT THEY CANNOT BACK UP THOSE WORDS.

YAHSHUA DOES.
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by chairmanawe(m): 11:10am On Feb 23, 2017
people have given answers to your question but it seems you are bent on finding loopholes in the bible of which you can't. if christians try to do such to ur book, I believe you will not be able to handle it as we did. you are always obsessed about the only true way of life by studying it more than your religious book. Jesus Christ is the only way to God
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by jonbellion(m): 11:22am On Feb 23, 2017
chairmanawe:
[s]people have given answers to your question but it seems you are bent on finding loopholes in the bible of which you can't. if christians try to do such to ur book, I believe you will not be able to handle it as we did. you are always obsessed about the only true way of life by studying it more than your religious book. Jesus Christ is the only way to God[/s]
they didn't answer anything
They just brought their own interpretations when all evidence points to the contrary. The hilarious thing is that one monikers answer conflicted with the other
Loool
What a confused religion
FYI I'm an atheist
I don't live by a "religious book" smiley
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by KingEbukasBlog(m): 11:26am On Feb 23, 2017
jonbellion:
they didn't answer anything
They just brought their own interpretations when all evidence points to the contrary. The hilarious thing is that one monikers answer conflicted with the other
Loool
What a confused religion
FYI I'm an atheist
I don't live by a "religious book" smiley

Being an atheist does not make your irreligious . And there are no special awards attached to being an atheist ; it's a shameful thing to be an atheist and not what you should feel proud of . Take that smile off your face and hide your face in shame undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Kenneth4u205(m): 12:38pm On Feb 23, 2017
akintom:
who's the author of the book of deuteronomy?
ok I will enlighten you on. Deuteronomy comprise of 34 chapters .moses wrote from chapter 1 to 33. after he died ,he's servant,prophet and successor Joshua completed chapter 34 as an epilogue. this chapter 34 that was completed by Joshua is the shortest chapter in the bible(only 12 verse in it).it serve as an introduction to the next book written by Joshua ,which is call the book of JOSHUA.so Deuteronomy was written by moses ,while his servant and successor completed that last chapter ,which is chapter 34. I'm a professor of bible. hit me up on whatsap when ever you are confuse in any area of the bible

+27614955973
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by akintom(m): 12:44pm On Feb 23, 2017
Kenneth4u205:
ok I will enlighten you on. Deuteronomy comprise of 34 chapters .moses wrote from chapter 1 to 33. after he died ,he's servant,prophet and successor Joshua completed chapter 34 as an epilogue. this chapter 34 that was completed by Joshua is the shortest chapter in the bible(only 12 verse in it).it serve as an introduction to the next book written by Joshua ,which is call the book of JOSHUA.so Deuteronomy was written by moses ,while his servant and successor completed that last chapter ,which is chapter 34. I'm a professor of bible. hit me up on whatsap when ever you are confuse in any area of the bible

+27614955973
Good to know that you are professor of Bible.

If you don't mind, can i debate you on a separate thread?

Topic: the doctrine of "original sin".
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Kenneth4u205(m): 1:26pm On Feb 23, 2017
akintom:
Good to know that you are professor of Bible.
If you don't mind, can i debate you on a separate thread?
Topic: the doctrine of "original sin".
I don't mind at all.post the link to the thread

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Did Abraham Hear The Voice Of God / Suffer No More As A Christian...these Are Secrets Of The Psalms!!!! / Jesus Christ Is The Same Yesterday, Today, And For Ever.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 148
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.