Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,617 members, 7,958,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 06:10 AM

Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction (7731 Views)

As Christians, How Can We Overcome Sin? / Can You Deny God Or Your Belief At Gun Point? / For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by akintom(m): 10:42am On Feb 21, 2017
Much as the Christian apologists on NL are gasping, to refute the glaring absurdities and contradictions embedded in the bible, their defenses are as absurd as the false claims that they're striving hard to defend.

From,

John 3:13 And no man has ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.

It was obvious that Nicodemus and folks who heard Jesus's claims of being god, from god and sent from god, want to know how Jesus could rationally make such claims, when no human has ever seen god (ascend to heaven and see god, and returned to earth to tell (descend) ).

This same curiosity was expressed by the Israelites, towards Moses, according to the verses below:

Deuteronomy 30:10 If you shall listen to the voice of the LORD your God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if you turn to the LORD your God with all your heart, and with all your soul.

Deuteronomy 30:11 For this commandment which I command you this day, it is not hidden from you, neither is it far off.

Deuteronomy 30:12 It is not in heaven, that you should say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it to us, that we may hear it, and do it?

Deuteronomy 30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that you should say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it to us, that we may hear it, and do it?

Deuteronomy 30:14 But the word is very near to you, in your mouth, and in your heart, that you may do it.

Deuteronomy 30:15 See, I have set before you this day life and good, and death and evil;

It's the above verses that Jesus had in mind when he said;

John 3:9 Nicodemus answered and said to him, How can these things be?

John 3:10 Jesus answered and said to him, Are you a master of Israel, and know not these things?

* what Jesus meant by this reference is that, when it comes to the authentication and verification of the claims about Yahweh and its commandments, by anyone, there's no need for BODILY ASCENSION OR DESCENSION FROM GOD, as a PROVE of contact with god.

* since Jesus himself neither ascended or descended from god, Jesus is COMPLETELY in the same class of other prophets who spoke as voice of god.

Therefore,

* Jesus LIED when he claimed to have the ONLY TRUE message from Yahweh, by saying he descended FROM from god (not bodily, but because of the fictitiously ascribed "supernatural" events of his life).

* every other messengers that came before him and after him also claimed ONLY TRUE messages, and had fictitiously ascribed "supernatural" events around their lives.
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by skeendyke: 10:51am On Feb 21, 2017
Christians, do you now see why it is wisdom not to cast your pearl before swine? sad

Jesus never explained any mystery to the Pharisees and Saducees knowing who they were and their pattern of thinking. Rather, He confused them further by speaking to them in parables and figures of speech. Even though Christ did not offer them His pearl of wisdom we all know the Pharisees believed in the existence of God and they quoted from the Scriptures. How much more Atheists who don't believe in the existence of God, who grope in the dark and stumble lIke the Pharisees because having eyes they will not see and ears but they will not hear?

I could easily provide explanations from the Word of God in addition to the ones already given but I will never make that mistake seeing that this nairaland herd of swine feel super intelligent and on top of the world when rolling in the mud of their ignorance. It is their true nature even when they appear to leave the mud, the mud will not leave them as they are inseparable. Whenever I see them having the time of their lives, rolling and basking in the mud of their ignorance as they are doing in this thread, I can only tell them, "knock yourselves out"
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by jonbellion(m): 10:55am On Feb 21, 2017
skeendyke:
[s]Christians, do you now see why it is wisdom not to cast your pearls before swine? sad

Jesus never explained any mystery to the Pharisees and Saducees knowing who they were and their pattern of thinking. Rather, He confused them further by speaking to them in parables and figures of speech. Even though Christ did not offer them His pearl of wisdom we all know the Pharisees believed in the existence of God and they quoted from the Scriptures. How much more Atheists who don't believe in the existence of God, who grope in the dark and stumble lIke the Pharisees because having eyes they will not see and ears but they will not hear?

I could easily provide explanations from the Word of God in addition to the ones already given but I will never make that mistake seeing that this nairaland herd of swine feel super intelligent and on top of the world when rolling in the mud of their ignorance. It is their true nature even when they appear to leave the mud, the mud will not leave them as they are inseparable. Whenever I see them having the time of their lives, rolling and basking in the mud of their ignorance as they are doing in this thread, I can only tell them, "knock yourselves out" [/s]
oga
This is not an answer angry
It was just a question you don't have to start ranting upandan
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 11:14am On Feb 21, 2017
mrmrmister:

Lmfao cheesy
You're the one who believes in his existence, the burden of proof shouldn't be on me.

Btw pls respond to the question below.

or it should, cuz I also need u to defend urself
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by mrmrmister: 11:42am On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
or it should, cuz I also need u to defend urself

I have a dog that flies, can you prove that my flying dog doesn't exist?

You still haven't responded to my question.
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 12:17pm On Feb 21, 2017
mrmrmister:

I have a dog that flies, can you prove that my flying dog doesn't exist?

You still haven't responded to my question.
fine, quote me with ur question and make sure u keep an open mind
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Immorttal: 12:28pm On Feb 21, 2017
akintom:
never expect sensible comment from someone, whose intelligence is on life support.
akintom grin
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by mrmrmister: 12:29pm On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
fine, quote me with ur question and make sure u keep an open mind

mrmrmister:

So you haven't had any hardcore experience then?
I like your honesty though. wink

You're kinda right you know,
God could be the most logical explanation of events.

But, which god are we talking about here?
There are over a bajillion religions, each with its own god.
So which god exists?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Immorttal: 12:32pm On Feb 21, 2017
randomperson:
Lolz... It's pretty interesting seeing the attempts by Christians to explain this contradiction...
It seems the best they can do is to ignore the actual words of the bible text and use their own words....
The funny thing is that the bible places a curse on those who remove from or add to the bible lipsrsealed
my brother the thing tire me. The bible said one shoudnt add or remove but the Ethiopian bible have two more books than the one we see here and several books were ommitted from the original bible.
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by skeendyke: 12:34pm On Feb 21, 2017
jonbellion:
oga
This is not an answer angry
It was just a question you don't have to start ranting upandan

Oga, rant begat rant. Question is a rant, answer is a rant....what's the problem?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Immorttal: 12:41pm On Feb 21, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Save Moses, Elijah and Enoch, nobody is in Heaven now. We all, starting from Adam, through Abraham, to David and to Mary, and then to the righteous people who died today, will resurrect to immortal life when Christ comes back in the clouds of glory to end this wicked system of things. (See 1 Thess. 4:16-17)

Christians proving Jesus wrong!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 12:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
mrmrmister:

The only one true God which the christians worship
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by jonbellion(m): 12:49pm On Feb 21, 2017
skeendyke:

Oga, rant begat rant. Question is a rant, answer is a rant....what's the problem?
lmao cheesy
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by jonbellion(m): 12:51pm On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
lol that's what other religions say
Your religion is a bad attempt to rip off Judaism
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by mrmrmister: 12:59pm On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:

How do you know he's the true God?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 1:10pm On Feb 21, 2017
mrmrmister:

How do you know he's the true God?
because he has assured us that for every man who believes in him, he shall be saved, moreover the signs and wonders performed through miracles by christ on his servants its enough testimony that God exist and we worship him
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by akintom(m): 1:13pm On Feb 21, 2017
DoctorAlien:

Save Moses, Elijah and Enoch, nobody is in Heaven now. We all, starting from Adam, through Abraham, to David and to Mary, and then to the righteous people who died today, will resurrect to immortal life when Christ comes back in the clouds of glory to end this wicked system of things. (See 1 Thess. 4:16-17)
)

Nothing can be more nonsensical, than this one brought forth by one of the most morbidly fanatical fellows here.

God and all his Heavenly hosts, are spirits (immortals), according to the Bible.

Now that the trio of Moses, Elijah and Enoch (in their mortal bodies) were ferried to heaven that's not material, but "ghostly".

How shall they explain this;

* the very Bible says no mortal man can see god.

The question,

By what means are the trio (Moses, Elijah and Enoch) now dwelling with god, in the immaterial heaven?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by mrmrmister: 1:19pm On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
because he has assured us that for every man who believes in him, he shall be saved, moreover the signs and wonders performed through miracles by christ on his servants its enough testimony that God exist and we worship him
Did you witness any of the miracles performed by christ?
Or you just read about them in the bible?

Remember the first question I asked you
mrmrmister:

Do you believe a god exists because there are things in the world that you can't explain?
Or
Do you believe a god exists because you've experienced god.?

And by experience, I mean hardcore experience

And your answer
CriticMaestro:
I believe in God because it''s the most logial explanation of events

Have you HAD any HARDCORE experience of the god you believe in?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by jonbellion(m): 1:21pm On Feb 21, 2017
mrmrmister:

I thought you were a deist.
lmao
Nah
Athiest with a touch of agnosticism
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 2:29pm On Feb 21, 2017
mrmrmister:

Did you witness any of the miracles performed by christ?
Or you just read about them in the bible?

Remember the first question I asked you

And your answer

Have you HAD any HARDCORE experience of the god you believe in?
Christ said in In John 14:12, “Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father” In our present time we have many men of God fullfilling the scripture or haven't u heard of dem T.B Joshua, Chris Oyakhilome and the rest?? they perform miracles that only someone in contact with a divine being can do that, if not u to can be a miracle worker
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by mrmrmister: 2:40pm On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
Christ said in In John 14:12, “Very truly I tell you, whoever believes in me will do the works I have been doing, and they will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father” In our present time we have many men of God fullfilling the scripture or haven't u heard of dem T.B Joshua, Chris Oyakhilome and the rest?? they perform miracles that only someone in contact with a divine being can do that, if not u to can be a miracle worker

I've heard of TB Joshua and Oyakhilome.
I've heard how they scam people of their hard-earned cash.

You still haven't answered my question.

Have you had any hardcore experience of the God you believe in.
Have you ever witnessed a genuine miracle?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Sibe007(m): 2:56pm On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
when did u stop believing in God and what happen?

When did you stop believing in Santa Clause being real, or the tooth fairy?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 3:04pm On Feb 21, 2017
mrmrmister:

I've heard of TB Joshua and Oyakhilome.
I've heard how they scam people of their hard-earned cash.

You still haven't answered my question.

Have you had any hardcore experience of the God you believe in.
Have you ever witnessed a genuine miracle?
yes I have, thats y i mentioned those names, u can visit their church if u like
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 3:04pm On Feb 21, 2017
Sibe007:

When did you stop believing in Santa Clause being real, or the tooth fairy?
They are not biblical, so watchu saying hommie?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 3:04pm On Feb 21, 2017
jonbellion:
The christians are always fond of saying that "carnal minds" can never understand the bible.
Well my mind must be be carnal then
2 kings 2:11
As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.
John 3:11
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.(these were jesus' words)
I don't think you need a soothsayer to tell you there is something wrong here
What's your say on this christians
Hopfullandlord, Hahn. Lennycool, jackbizzle, benzics, lepasharon, liberadeus, immorttal, seun, randomperson, teempakguy, SirWere, Akintom
The christian crew

When you seek wisdom don't start your quest with such words as contradiction unless it is argument that you seek

And I tell you the truth, you can't understand the scriptures
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:04pm On Feb 21, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

When you seek wisdom don't start your quest with such words as contradiction unless it is argument that you seek

And I tell you the truth, you can't understand the scriptures
This same old line...

You religious folks keep feeding your self-deceit till it becomes real to you.

Some of us just got tired and brave enough to accept apparent facts.
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 4:21pm On Feb 21, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
This same old line...

You religious folks keep feeding your self-deceit till it becomes real to you.

Some of us just got tired and brave enough to accept apparent facts.

No! Some of you were too weak to discover the answer to your problems.

Or let me say you expected to be spoon fed into your dream heavens without taking responsibility.

It doesn't work that way. As many as received him (the revealed word) to them the revealed word gives power to become what it promised they will become.

Until the word is revealed, struggle continues.
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by ScepticalPyrrho: 4:30pm On Feb 21, 2017
soulpeppersoup:

No! Some of you were too weak to discover the answer to your problems.

Or let me say you expected to be spoon fed into your dream heavens without taking responsibility.

It doesn't work that way. As many as received him (the revealed word) to them the revealed word gives power to become what it promised they will become.

Until the word is revealed, struggle continues.
Just to make myself clear...
When you have found proof of all this claims, kindly post it here for verification.

In the mean time, your beliefs are just what it is.
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 21, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
Just to make myself clear...
When you have found proof of all this claims, kindly post it here for verification.

In the mean time, your beliefs are just what it is.

The proof of any believe is in experience. I have plenty.

What do you yourself believe in?

If you have positive experiences, goodluck to your believe.

Believes are intangible things that produce tangible results not the other way round.
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by niyihawking(m): 4:45pm On Feb 21, 2017
jonbellion:
athiest
you've graduated finallygrin
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Mummyjoy: 5:00pm On Feb 21, 2017
Heaven is classified into three, 1kings 8 v 27 . The firmament is the first heaven inhabited by Satan and the fallen angels,Gen1v8, 2kings17v16, 21v3. The second heaven is where the saints Enoch, Abraham, Elijah and the rest are, Paradise . The 3rd heaven is the habitation of the Almighty GOD 1kings8v 27, that is where JESUS meant that no man had descended from, proverbs 30 v 4. God the father, God the spirit and God the son, Jesus Christ dwells there. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by jonbellion(m): 5:17pm On Feb 21, 2017
niyihawking:

you've graduated finallygrin
lool cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Is The Role Of The Youth Department In Church? / RCCG Holy Ghost Night: Your Experience / I'm Jealous! So What??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.