Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,926 members, 7,817,712 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:46 PM

Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction (7399 Views)

As Christians, How Can We Overcome Sin? / Can You Deny God Or Your Belief At Gun Point? / For Christians: How To Be Free From Masturbation, Other Addictions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 12:11am On Feb 21, 2017
adepeter26:

Am lost oo. Can you please read the message you quoted in response to what we are discussing?
There are a numerous reasons why atheism is inadequate as a rational world view. This can quickly be exposed for the charade it is. By asking the atheist the question, are there some things that he knows that you do not? Most will admit to this. Can there also be some things that I know that you may not? He would logically have to admit this also. After all we all have different education and life experiences. So isn’t it possible that millions of people who claim to know God may in fact know him by experience and knowledge while you do not? After all, when you went to school you studied different subjects than me and I studied different ones than you! you would be more knowledgeable on some that I may not. So we see this reasoning already at work in our society and culture.
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by akintom(m): 12:12am On Feb 21, 2017
Junia:

The guy is lost
Jesus was teaching Nichodemus what it means to be born again and not the law. And being born again only happens on earth here. We dont become born again in Heaven.
Please read the Bible before you come to argue
this is irrelevant to the thread. And you're not flowing with the argument.

Who's talking about being born many times? Jesus said what was false, period!
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
you dont believe in God because u claim u are thinker and yet u have no logical explanation to nature, u just believe everything shaped itself from dust and pieces, who shaped the dust?? are u really thinking or is d devil doing it for u??huh
I never disproved the existence of an invisible sky daddy because someone said "there is no god". (i dont follow the crowd).

It was a personal decision after series of thinking and asking.
Science doesn't claim to know all, science is dynamic allows modification unlike religion which is static and stagnant like mud water. I don't know much, but the little I know haven't been clearly refuted beyond reasonable doubt.

Lastly, i dont believe in the devil either.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 12:14am On Feb 21, 2017
akintom:
this is irrelevant to the thread. And you're not flowing with the argument.

Who's talking about being born many times? Jesus said what was false, period!

He didn't, period.
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 12:18am On Feb 21, 2017
adepeter26:

I never disproved the existence of an invisible sky daddy because someone said "there is no god". (i dont follow the crowd).

It was a personal decision after series of thinking and asking.
Science doesn't claim to know all, science is dynamic allows modification unlike religion which is static and stagnant like mud water. I don't know much, but the little I know haven't been clearly refuted beyond reasonable doubt.

Lastly, i dont believe in the devil either.
ur picture is irrelevant by the way, it was after series of of thinking and asking abi after series of thinking and asking do u always get what u want like A in an exams or NO in a business plan?? well whatever that maybe, u cant accept that u dont know all and that someone out there knows something u dont know about, and there it is, have u ever wondered that someone knows God exist and u dont??
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by jonbellion(m): 12:19am On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
you dont believe in God because u claim u are thinker and yet u have no logical explanation to nature, u just believe everything shaped itself from dust and pieces, who shaped the dust?? are u really thinking or is d devil doing it for u??huh
not god
Religious versions of God
From jesus to Odin
Thy difference might seem subtle but they differ a lot
You dig

1 Like

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 12:22am On Feb 21, 2017
jonbellion:
not god
From jesus to Odin
You dig
clarify; are u a traditionalist?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 12:24am On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
ur picture is irrelevant by the way, it was after series of of thinking and asking abi after series of thinking and asking do u always get what u want like A in an exams or NO in a business plan?? well whatever that maybe, u cant accept that u dont know all and that someone out there knows something u dont know about, and there it is, have u ever wondered that someone knows God exist and u dont??
Do you find it difficult comprehending my points?
I said "I don't know much, but the "little" known hasn't been refuted by the so called god, yahoo men of god, holy ghoat".

Even you can't refute them
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 12:25am On Feb 21, 2017
The atheist cannot adequately explain the world even to another atheist, but they certainly have no problem agreeing among themselves there is no God. Misery loves company. oh my my
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 12:25am On Feb 21, 2017
jonbellion:
not god
From jesus to Odin
You dig
That guy is asking lots of illogical questions such that he's going off pitch
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 12:28am On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
The atheist cannot adequately explain the world even to another atheist, but they certainly have no problem agreeing among themselves there is no God. Misery loves company. oh my my
Choooi,,,
I give up on you
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 12:33am On Feb 21, 2017
Sweet dreams
Cristmaestro

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by MummyIMadeIt: 12:35am On Feb 21, 2017
I'm confused here plz what/who is an atheist?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 12:37am On Feb 21, 2017
you should, because u dont believe in anything and yet there are things u simply chose to believe but cant explain, but u are here seeking to jungunate so called contradiction....lost sheep
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 12:52am On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
you should, because u dont believe in anything and yet there are things u simply chose to believe but cant explain, but u are here seeking to jungunate so called contradiction....lost sheep
cry cry

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 12:57am On Feb 21, 2017
adepeter26:

cry cry
stop giving me pics please, is that ur believe?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by mrmrmister: 1:19am On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:

Do you believe a god exists because there are things in the world that you can't explain?
Or
Do you believe a god exists because you've experienced god.?

And by experience, I mean hardcore experience
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 4:11am On Feb 21, 2017
jonbellion:
okay
When you're dove bloviating the contradiction is still here
Elijah flew to heaven
Jesus said no one has flown to heaven
Besides your holier--than-thou-you're-too-carnal-to-understand-the word of God crap would you like to enlighten me
Ooh wait I forgot
You can't
It's written all over your response
This Isn't the only contradiction in the Bible, there are tons more. Jesus was effectively doing his own thing, the Jews didn't and still don't believe he's the messiah. All they saw was some dude that went around pissing everyone off with the idea that he was God's son. This is looked down upon in Judaism, just as much as it would be if someone did something like this in Islam today.
To them Jesus was a fake prophet, hitchhiking on the messiahs name. Jesus deviates from a lot of old testament traditions too, he took a less violent approach to worshipping God.
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 4:13am On Feb 21, 2017
MummyIMadeIt:
I'm confused here plz what/who is an atheist?
Someone that does not believe in the existence of any God(s).
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by Nobody: 4:22am On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
There are a numerous reasons why atheism is inadequate as a rational world view. This can quickly be exposed for the charade it is. By asking the atheist the question, are there some things that he knows that you do not? Most will admit to this. Can there also be some things that I know that you may not? He would logically have to admit this also. After all we all have different education and life experiences. So isn’t it possible that millions of people who claim to know God may in fact know him by experience and knowledge while you do not? After all, when you went to school you studied different subjects than me and I studied different ones than you! you would be more knowledgeable on some that I may not. So we see this reasoning already at work in our society and culture.
Everyone in every religion, in every timeline claims to know God.
There are two things we can deduct from this

1. They are all right; That all religions are right about being in contact with God(s).
This would then not account to why we have different views on what God wants us to do. If God made the laws and not man, then it would be universal.

2.) That they are not really communicating with God.
This would explain the different views they have, the fact that God has never really been proven in any of the religions.

So which is more likely, that groups of humans all over the world along had contacts with the creator of the universe and he gave them different instructions and no real proof of his existence. Or that they all invented their own God(s) and hence made laws that suited their needs
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by KingEbukasBlog(m): 7:12am On Feb 21, 2017
DoctorAlien:

You are one of the most unintelligent "freethinkers" I've met on this forum. The magnitude of the stupidity of the questions you ask is staggering. I mean, to think that you claim that you once had anything to do with Christians is currently impossible for me.

Please, go and work on your comprehension before you quote me. Unintelligent questions are not meant to be answered.

Responding to that dude can be annoying . He's an atheist , and atheists are not thinkers , so forgive him please smiley

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by randomperson: 7:15am On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
OK... He has no logical explanation to nature. So do you have a LOGICAL explanation to nature? Let's hear it
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by honourhim: 7:47am On Feb 21, 2017
jonbellion:
The christians are always fond of saying that "carnal minds" can never understand the bible.
Well my mind must be be carnal then
2 kings 2:11
As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.
John 3:11
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.(these were jesus' words)
I don't think you need a soothsayer to tell you there is something wrong here
What's your say on this christians
Hopfullandlord, Hahn. Lennycool, jackbizzle, benzics, lepasharon, liberadeus, immorttal, seun, randomperson, teempakguy, SirWere, Akintom
The christian crew

I 'm very sure that if not for the question asked by Nicodemus concerning being born again which led to the clarification that Jesus gave him, people like you would have also concluded that Jesus meant we should go back to our mothers womb and be born again. And because he didnt ask Jesus a question on his statement about ascending to heaven you ve already drawn your silly conclusion. The day you and your folks begin to approach the bible with a sane mind u will understand it better. For now keep wallowing in your insanity. .
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by randomperson: 8:03am On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
u can read the bible withawt asking the holy spirit to guide you, that's y u can't comprehend the message we are trying to pass
Holy Spirit? The same one who inspired the erot.ic songs of Solomon? grin
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 9:08am On Feb 21, 2017
mrmrmister:

Do you believe a god exists because there are things in the world that you can't explain?
Or
Do you believe a god exists because you've experienced god.?

And by experience, I mean hardcore experience
I believe in God because it''s the most logial explanation of events
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by jonbellion(m): 9:09am On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
god isn't the problem
Religious versions of god are
Like i said
I am atheistic towards religious gods but agnostic towards the supreme being
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 9:09am On Feb 21, 2017
randomperson:

Holy Spirit? The same one who inspired the erot.ic songs of Solomon? grin
am sorry, who wrote songs of solomon? u dont even know what you are saying
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 9:12am On Feb 21, 2017
jonbellion:
god isn't the problem
Religious versions of god are
Like i said
I am atheistic towards religious gods but agnostic towards the supreme being
dude u gotta decide, there's no way u r an atheist and believe in any form of God
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by truthwins: 9:31am On Feb 21, 2017
jonbellion:
The christians are always fond of saying that "carnal minds" can never understand the bible.
Well my mind must be be carnal then
2 kings 2:11
As they were walking along and talking together, suddenly a chariot of fire and horses of fire appeared and separated the two of them, and Elijah went up to heaven in a whirlwind.
John 3:11
No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven--the Son of Man.(these were jesus' words)
I don't think you need a soothsayer to tell you there is something wrong here
What's your say on this christians
Hopfullandlord, Hahn. Lennycool, jackbizzle, benzics, lepasharon, liberadeus, immorttal, seun, randomperson, teempakguy, SirWere, Akintom
The christian crew

Elijah was not taken to the same heaven where Jesus came from. There are three different heavens.

Read further here:

https://www.ucg.org/bible-study-tools/booklets/heaven-and-hell-what-does-the-bible-really-teach/did-elijah-go-to-heaven
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by mrmrmister: 10:21am On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:

So you haven't had any hardcore experience then?
I like your honesty though. wink

You're kinda right you know,
God could be the most logical explanation of events.

But, which god are we talking about here?
There are over a bajillion religions, each with its own god.
So which god exists?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by CriticMaestro: 10:28am On Feb 21, 2017
mrmrmister:

what is prove that he doesnt exist?
Re: Christians How Would You Deny This Blatant Contradiction by mrmrmister: 10:31am On Feb 21, 2017
CriticMaestro:
what is prove that he doesnt exist?

Lmfao cheesy
You're the one who believes in his existence, the burden of proof shouldn't be on me.

Btw pls respond to the question below.

mrmrmister:

You're kinda right you know,
God could be the most logical explanation of events.

But, which god are we talking about here?
There are over a bajillion religions, each with its own god.
So which god exists?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Get Daily Prayer Point & Pray With Pastor Chris Every Mon, Wed & Fri On Twitter / Asiri Nla Loju Ona Sufi / NIGHT OF BLISS with Pastor Chris at the O2 Arena. Were You There?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.