Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:59 AM

Buhari's Health Not As Terrible As Speculated — Presidency - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Health Not As Terrible As Speculated — Presidency (457 Views)

$30m Spent On President Buhari's Health By National Security Adviser & NIA - SR / CNN Insult: Public Health Nigeria Launches Poll On President Buhari's Health / Buhari's Health Not As Terrible As Speculated — Presidency (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Health Not As Terrible As Speculated — Presidency by gimbayaro(m): 3:15pm On Feb 22, 2017
The Presidency has said that President Muhammadu Buhari's health status is not as terrible as speculated.

The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Adesina, stated this early this morning while featuring on the Daily Sunrise programme of Channels Television, monitored by our correspondent.

President Buhari is currently on an extended vacation in the United Kingdom to complete and receive the results of series of tests recommended by his doctors.

Asked to explain Buhari's current health status, Adesina responded: "The current health status of the president is that it is not as terrible as people make it to seem. In his own communication, he (the president) says no cause for worry."

On when exactly Buhari would return to Nigeria, the presidential spokesman said: "He communicated the National Assembly and that letter of communication is in the public domain. He said I will be away till my doctors rule out certain things."

Adesina maintained that the Tuesday's statement that Buhari needed more rest was misinterpreted by the media.

He said statement was in past tense, talking about Buhari's health condition as of the time he was leaving Nigeria on January 19.

Asked again to disclose when the president would come back, he responded: "Well, we do not know when he will be back, but when he is coming, he will communicate."

Adesina said he did not need to talk directly to Buhari on the telephone before he could authenticate the transmissions from the president.

According to him, President Buhari is an honest man "who does not want anything to be coloured on his behalf."

"It is a matter of my personal decision and style (that I don't talk directly to the president). All those I spoke with, his personal physician, his CD (chief detail), his domestic aide, I can tell them to take the phone to Mr President that I want to speak to him. I know Mr President, he will speak with me. But I've decided not to talk to him because I do not need that telephone conversation to authenticate the health of Mr President.

"There is enough authentication, there is one from the acting president, there is one from the Senate president and there is from the speaker of the House of Representatives and many others. So, I do not need to authenticate the status of the health of Mr President by speaking to him."

Read more at http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/politics/buhari-s-health-not-as-terrible-no-clue-on-return-date--presidency/186389.html#Dhbbwl7jH8oetDrd.99

seun,mynd44 & lalasticlala should do the needful

Re: Buhari's Health Not As Terrible As Speculated — Presidency by sekundosekundo: 3:16pm On Feb 22, 2017
Adesina, lie Mohammed really worked on you.

Re: Buhari's Health Not As Terrible As Speculated — Presidency by sarrki(m): 3:17pm On Feb 22, 2017
Wailing is free

You don't need mb to wail
Re: Buhari's Health Not As Terrible As Speculated — Presidency by Chikelue2000(m): 3:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
He should then come back and continue his treatment in Lasu Teaching hospital then

Rubbish!!
Re: Buhari's Health Not As Terrible As Speculated — Presidency by Chikelue2000(m): 3:30pm On Feb 22, 2017
sarrki:
Wailing is free
Having common sense is cheap
Re: Buhari's Health Not As Terrible As Speculated — Presidency by gimbayaro(m): 3:42pm On Feb 22, 2017
sarrki:
Wailing is free

sarki i de feel u. u never surrender

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari's Health Not As Terrible As Speculated — Presidency by anibi9674: 4:39pm On Feb 22, 2017
like play like play 2017 go finish buhari go still day London and adeshina and co go day tell us cock and bull story . But where is cramjones.

(1) (Reply)

Buhari To Adesina: Thanks For Holding Out Against Mischief Makers / How Six Lawmakers Dumped PDP For APC In Lagos Assembly / Nobody Above 50 Years Will Be Governor In 2019 – Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.