Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,651 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

"Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri (23651 Views)

Trouble-in-the-house-of-god. Buharis-cash to CAN: Gift Or Bribe? / Lazy Youths: What Job Does Your Son Do? - Reno Omokri To President Buhari(video) / Leah Sheribu Has Shown That You Don’t Negotiate With Terrorists - Ben Bruce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 6:48am On Feb 24, 2017
Adminisher:
Reno the LIAR. If Buhari wanted to bribe a judge it would be just N500k and it would be through his lawyer and it would've at a wedding and DSS would announce it ABI?

The brain power of young PDP supporters has eroded over the years . It would if a man like Goodluck Jonathan is your hero . Either because of lack of exposure, low intelligence, easy living, lack of aspiration ..A lot of people don't have critical faculties anymore

My friend listen up. 500k is not "just" like you called it. It can feed millions of Nigerians. Let's learn to call a spade a spade. Its not about the amount but the intention. We should learn how to shut down corruption in Nigeria whether it comes in a big or small way, after all its the small drops that become mighty river. I get disgusted with people like you when we talk about how the youths can move our dear country forward and you are busy talking about Jonathan being someone's hero or Buhari being someone's villain. Its disgusting really!!

1 Like

Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 6:54am On Feb 24, 2017
genearts:

Don't be ignorant SANs collect as much as N15 million per case. 500k na change. That's some peoples offering in winners chapel

This is a typical reason I keep insisting that the black race is cursed
Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by ivandragon: 7:08am On Feb 24, 2017
plaetton:

This bullshit, and you know it.
If the judge and defending lawyer had a relationship that transcends professional ethics, then both or either would have rightfully recused themselves from the case.

Is there any culture in the world that doesn't value friendship ?
Are you saying that our culture puts or should put friendship above legal and professional ethics, common decency and the law ?

Do you know what the designation ' Senior Advocate Of Nigeria' stands for , and how it is earned ?

Just listen to yourself.
Whether N500k or N50, it is still an inappropriate, unethical gift to a judge- the very definition of Bribe.
Now, if Buhari's lawyer says that he bribed a judge without Buhari's consent, then that's another issue we would address when that time comes.
For now, all we know is that Buhari's lawyer bribed a judge, obviously for the benefit of Buhari.

just to buttress your point...

http://amonpointtv.com/2017/02/20/fg-set-sack-five-prominent-sans-working-government-alleged-conflict-interest/

there was conflict of interest & in such high profile case, the SAN, who should be very knowledgeable in such matters, shouldn't have given such a gift.
Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 7:12am On Feb 24, 2017
StOla:

That someone is a poor man.

Many have millions in that same MMM and have moved on to other economic pursuits without thinking of taking their lives over the loss.

N500k is an appropriate gift from a rich lawyer to a highly placed judge who is a close friend and who happened to be father of the bride.

Leave Buhari out of your desperation to perpetuate corruption.

Remind me again, why is the highly placed judge being prosecuted? How much are we talking about as exhibit for the prosecution of this highly placed judge? Let's say I agree with you that 500k is an appropriate gift for the highly placed judge. And let's say 500 rich lawyers, friends and associates including buhari's rich lawyer gives him this "appropriate" gift of 500k for his daughters wedding. Please how much has this appropriate gifts summed up to? And remind me again, how much is this highly placed judged being prosecuted for having in his possession?
Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 7:20am On Feb 24, 2017
famosh:

Baba, leave that guy! Do you expect him to be smarter than he's shown? He can't give what he doesn't have; his critical thinking is zero! Once he thinks you can bribe a Nigerian judge with ordinary #500k for a case of that magnitude, then there's no point.

Smart guy, let's test how smart you are... How much is the judge being prosecuted for? Since 500k is small enough for you... I agree, I totally agree seriously. But let's say 500 of his friends gives him this small 500k for his daughters wedding. Pls help me calculate how much that is... And remind me, pls do, how much is he being prosecuted for having? I am sure you are smart enough, indeed I do! So am waiting for your answer smart guy
Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by ivandragon: 7:31am On Feb 24, 2017
ehissi:

False again (as usual)..........

The accusation came from the press based on information leaked by anonymous sources which explains why Awodein had to issue a denial and the Presidency too did same.

The question is, to which an obvious answer already exist; why will DSS suddenly stop investigating, if truly the entire process wasn't initially meant to malign Ademola for refusing to cooperate in some cases on his table........

So Awodein says it's a gift and it doesn't involve Buhari and that wraps up an investigation that prosecution lined up 19 different witnesses for?

But Andrew yakubu also said the $9.7million is a gift too but the investigation and trial is still ongoing. Which level. .......

Na God win sha. ...........

you should know by now that the 'goal post' has been shifted.

when they were tarring everyone else with corruption even on issues that required critical reasoning, it was all well & good...

now that they have been tarred using the same brush they used for others, they are fidgeting & presenting twisted analysis which totally contradicts their earlier positions...
Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 7:31am On Feb 24, 2017
famosh:

We should, instead, be wondering how people like you think. If you can convince yourself that a Nigerian SUPREME court judge can be bribed with #500k for a case of such magnitude, then, my brother, I have nothing to say to you.

My friend bribe is bribe. Whether you give small or big. If you give small and another person comes with a bigger bribe, you are on your own, but it doesn't mean you didn't give bribe because it is small. As i look at it Jonathan men gives bigger bribes and Buhari men gives small bribes, but bribe is corruption. You are a fool if you defend any of them dear friend because this is our country that they are destroying. We need to stand and stop being senseless. Those men doesn't mean well for us. What else do you need as prove?
Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by famosh: 8:06am On Feb 24, 2017
Shayetet13:

Smart guy, let's test how smart you are... How much is the judge being prosecuted for? Since 500k is small enough for you... I agree, I totally agree seriously. But let's say 500 of his friends gives him this small 500k for his daughters wedding. Pls help me calculate how much that is... And remind me, pls do, how much is he being prosecuted for having? I am sure you are smart enough, indeed I do! So am waiting for your answer smart guy
In your mind, you've asked intelligent questions! Nawa sha!
Now read this link to know what the justice is being prosecuted for. When you see the amounts being mentioned,
then you'll understand what it might take to bribe a Nigerian judge when it involves a high profile case such as Buhari's.
http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/14/how-justice-ademola-wife-collected-n597m-bribe
Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 11:28am On Feb 24, 2017
famosh:

In your mind, you've asked intelligent questions! Nawa sha!
Now read this link to know what the justice is being prosecuted for. When you see the amounts being mentioned,
then you'll understand what it might take to bribe a Nigerian judge when it involves a high profile case such as Buhari's.
http://saharareporters.com/2016/11/14/how-justice-ademola-wife-collected-n597m-bribe

So now let's assume 1000 rich friends, associates gave him that Small 500k according to you, for the daughters wedding. Don't forget too there are some who would be richer than the buhari's lawyer who will give above 500k. That would easily amount to that 500million being quoted. Now my aim is not to embark on an endless argument with you, but to point out to you certain things
1) Buhari's lawyer is not the only person capable of giving him 500k
2)He could as well have a thousand people who would give him 500k since its small for u
3) You don't know anything about law ethics(Buhari's lawyer has a case before this judge which he is the counsel. He was not supposed to give him even 10 naira as long as the case is ongoing).
You see my friend, I am not senseless and as such cannot defend any politician, judge or whoever since I don't stay in the same house with time, so obviously I don't know what they do. But you coming out to defend buhari's lawyer simply because you feel the money is small is senseless my friend.

1 Like

Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by irsakant: 12:15pm On Feb 24, 2017
Lol...who is meant to deliver a personal gift:a family member or a lawyer? Where are the lawyers here?
Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by famosh: 1:32pm On Feb 24, 2017
Shayetet13:

So now let's assume 1000 rich friends, associates gave him that Small 500k according to you, for the daughters wedding. Don't forget too there are some who would be richer than the buhari's lawyer who will give above 500k. That would easily amount to that 500million being quoted. Now my aim is not to embark on an endless argument with you, but to point out to you certain things
1) Buhari's lawyer is not the only person capable of giving him 500k
2)He could as well have a thousand people who would give him 500k since its small for u
3) You don't know anything about law ethics(Buhari's lawyer has a case before this judge which he is the counsel. He was not supposed to give him even 10 naira as long as the case is ongoing).
You see my friend, I am not senseless and as such cannot defend any politician, judge or whoever since I don't stay in the same house with time, so obviously I don't know what they do. But you coming out to defend buhari's lawyer simply because you feel the money is small is senseless my friend.
Don't be a dullard, my friend. On social media, it is alleged that Buhari bribed ademola through his lawyer specifically for his case. No one is defending the lawyer in isolation. If you could open your brain to think more critically, you would understand that people are not saying the lawyer can't offer such bribe; people are only saying if people are linking Buhari with the bribe, then #500k is too small for such high profile case.
Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by Nobody: 4:31pm On Feb 24, 2017
famosh:

Don't be a dullard, my friend. On social media, it is alleged that Buhari bribed ademola through his lawyer specifically for his case. No one is defending the lawyer in isolation. If you could open your brain to think more critically, you would understand that people are not saying the lawyer can't offer such bribe; people are only saying if people are linking Buhari with the bribe, then #500k is too small for such high profile case.

Why are you saying 500k is too small? Are you the judge's bribe Negotiator? Do you know if that's how much the judge wants? Why are you sticking your neck and saying it can't be a bribe because its small when you are not privy to the judge's personal preferences. Now let me ask you, how much is ideal to bribe justice ademola for such "high profile case" according to you? Since you are the judge's personal bribe negotiator, I believe you can tell me that authoritatively. You see I will not descend low to call you names on matters that will not put food on my table, but you saying that a judge who prefers to collect even if its 2k for personal reasons known to only him and because its too small it shouldn't be called a bribe is way out of line. This is the mentality that has plagued this country for so long. The core white man who reasons well will prosecute the intention not the amount it self. So please stop this your chant that 500k is too small. You are saying it too often and its becoming disgusting. Whether its a bribe or not, Buhari's lawyer broke law ethics and should not have given the judge any money at all when he was handling a case in his court. That should be investigated!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by ahaika23: 8:39pm On Feb 24, 2017
Shayetet13:

Why are you saying 500k is too small? Are you the judge's bribe Negotiator? Do you know if that's how much the judge wants? Why are you sticking your neck and saying it can't be a bribe because its small when you are not privy to the judge's personal preferences Now let me ask you, how much is ideal to bribe justice ademola for such "high profile case" according to you? Since you are the judge's personal bribe negotiator, I believe you can tell me that authoritatively.
pls epp me to ask the dimwit zombie
Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by Splashme: 8:45am On Feb 25, 2017
eagleeye2:
Andrew Yakubu's said his was a GIFT. If I really want to play the devil's advocate, I will say that Andrew Yakubu should sue EFFC for seizing his cash GIFT given to him by a good friend. His lawyer should cite this particular Buhari's Lawyer GIFT as a case in point.
Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by Emassive(m): 10:00am On Mar 03, 2017
Bros am not Igbo... I am more Yoruba than the regular ones around social media. My wife is yoruba and nobody in my family married another tribe
StOla:

If you were Yoruba or you know the culture, you won't have made this stupid remark.

Close family and close friends of the parents of the bride and groom give money to the parents, even if they will still buy gifts for the couple.
Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by nworanco(m): 1:45pm On Mar 09, 2017
StOla:
Reno is grasping at straws.

The lawyer has already disclosed his close friendship to the Judge, and has stated he gave a wedding gift to the Judge who happened to be the father of the bride.

N500K sounds about right as a gift for the calibre of people involved in the giving and the receiving.

How this is related to Buhari is what I am yet to understand with the apologists of corruption fighting tooth and nail for survival.

Nothing will stand in the way of the fight to rid Nigeria of corruption.
Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by nworanco(m): 1:48pm On Mar 09, 2017
Poor thinker like u, just listening to yourself.
I am sorry being disdisappointed by your hero @MBUHARI.

StOla:
Reno is grasping at straws.

The lawyer has already disclosed his close friendship to the Judge, and has stated he gave a wedding gift to the Judge who happened to be the father of the bride.

N500K sounds about right as a gift for the calibre of people involved in the giving and the receiving.

How this is related to Buhari is what I am yet to understand with the apologists of corruption fighting tooth and nail for survival.

Nothing will stand in the way of the fight to rid Nigeria of corruption.
Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by alayandekolasam(m): 1:54pm On Mar 09, 2017
SECURE YOUR FUTURE AND THAT OF YOUR CHILDREN!!!
I INVITE YOU TO AN ONLINE OR OFFLINE SEMINAR AND EMPOWERMENT BY PIUNI: A GLOBAL TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICE PROVIDER.
AS A PARTNER WITH PIUNI, YOU WILL BE MAKING at least 60,000NAIRA DAILY.
NO QUALIFICATION OR HIDDEN CONDITION ATTACHED.
FOR DETAIL, CALL/ WHATSAPP Kenny: 0-9-0-3-7-4-5-7-1-9-9
*** I bet you may not find such opportunity in 10 years
Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by alayandekolasam(m): 1:55pm On Mar 09, 2017
SECURE A GREAT FUTURE AND THAT OF YOUR CHILDREN!!!
I INVITE YOU TO AN ONLINE OR OFFLINE SEMINAR AND EMPOWERMENT BY PIUNI: A GLOBAL TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICE PROVIDER.
AS A PARTNER WITH PIUNI, YOU WILL BE MAKING at least 60,000NAIRA DAILY.
NO QUALIFICATION OR HIDDEN CONDITION ATTACHED.
FOR DETAIL, CALL/ WHATSAPP Kenny: 0-9-0-3-7-4-5-7-1-9-9
*** I bet you may not find such opportunity in 10 years
Re: "Gift Or Bribe, Buhari Has Shown Us The Way" - Reno Omokri by nworanco(m): 1:56pm On Mar 09, 2017
nworanco:
Poor thinker like u, just listening to yourself.
I am sorry being disdisappointed by your hero @MBUHARI.

U are a complete disappointment to this country, intention of the so called gift is what matters to be investigated not the value or the amount of the so called gift

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Pan-Yoruba Group, Afenifere Endorses Jonathan / Ali Modu Sheriff Storms PDP National Secretariat This Morning / Chief Of Army Staff, Lt Gen Tukur Buratai Visits Oba Of Benin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.