Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit (28797 Views)

Osinbajo Inspects The Statues Constructed By Okorocha In Imo (Photos) / Osinbajo Inspects Rigasa Train Station In Kaduna With El-rufai & Amaechi(pics) / Osinbajo Inspects Projects With Wike In Rivers State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Enemyofpeace: 9:52am On Feb 24, 2017
eleojo23:

How many things can the president personally inspect?

If the president has to always go about inspecting every little thing then there is a problem somewhere.

Of what use are the ministers and those responsible for taking care of those things?
its good you do it once in a while just to keep the so called ministers on their feet. He was at the airport and he decided to carry out the inspection,i don't think there is anything wrong in that.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by afolarby(m): 10:04am On Feb 24, 2017
destinysgu:

Seconded

So tell me sincerely if its the responsibility of FAAN, Minister of Aviation why is the airport in so much disarray, Toilets are messy, equipment works erratically. If the Supervisors are blind and neglects their duties who is to Blame? If funds have been disbursed for maintenance several times, yet nothing seems to improve for the best, isn't it questionable? Now the Manager decides to make unannounced site visit is that wrong? No wonder nothing seems to work in Nigeria, people have nonchalant attitudes to how funds are appropriated.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by SalamRushdie: 10:07am On Feb 24, 2017
sarrki:
Nice one prof

We pray for the safe return of baba

Weldone sire

Safety return to Daura where his wife can take proper care of him ooo...The work in Aso Rock is clearly more than babas capacity
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Prince3d(m): 10:08am On Feb 24, 2017
Where is the toilet?
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Priceless200(f): 10:10am On Feb 24, 2017
Of all our worries in this country, a whole President. .
Hewwwww! shocked shocked
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by sarrki(m): 10:13am On Feb 24, 2017
Priceless200:
Of all our worries in this country, a whole President. .
Hewwwww! shocked shocked

Assembly plant is urgently required

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by orjikuramo(m): 10:14am On Feb 24, 2017
Will you keep kwayet! How can you spend time to construct this senseless write up. This is what we need as most of the released funds are always curved while ministers keep deceiving those at Abuja about the perfection of things that are not there.

Please, this is what I have always prayed for, you will appreciate this more when he does one of this surprise visit to our hospitals.

Kindly respect yourself o. Good morning
ENDTIMEISNEAR:
If the president or his vice has the time to inspect airports, then we'll continue to chase our collective tails like a foolish cat would do. What are the ministers of aviation doing? What are the airport managers doing? I am sorry, but this is an unnecessary waste of president's precious time. There are better things Osinbajo could have been doing to get Naija running better. He should have been busy brainstorming with the country's economic team about how to stop the already battered economy from further steep slide into depression. But he left Aso Villa to come to MMIA to inspect the conveyor belt? While at it, did he also check to be sure the toilets can flush and are stocked with tissue papers? I guess he also had time to inspect the floors to be certain that they are washed & buffed clean. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by breakeven: 10:20am On Feb 24, 2017
ENDTIMEISNEAR:
If the president or his vice has the time to inspect airports, then we'll continue to chase our collective tails like a foolish cat would do. What are the ministers of aviation doing? What are the airport managers doing? I am sorry, but this is an unnecessary waste of president's precious time. There are better things Osinbajo could have been doing to get Naija running better. He should have been busy brainstorming with the country's economic team about how to stop the already battered economy from further steep slide into depression. But he left Aso Villa to come to MMIA to inspect the conveyor belt? While at it, did he also check to be sure the toilets can flush and are stocked with tissue papers? I guess he also had time to inspect the floors to be certain that they are washed & buffed clean. grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
That is all he can do because he is just there without power. Buhari went to London with the power to make changes.
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by engrMikemd(m): 10:25am On Feb 24, 2017
ENDTIMEISNEAR:
well said
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by TerrorSquad147: 10:26am On Feb 24, 2017
ENDTIMEISNEAR:
I don't blame him, most of the ministers appointed are useless
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Godfidence: 10:35am On Feb 24, 2017
playboy19:

SMH... I keep saying this everywhere I have the opportunity embarassed to, Nigeria has no future. The worst is yet to come. We are currently enjoying the best of time as it is, because with this crop of uneducated graduates we have in this country, the future is dead.

Just look at all these comments. How is it difficult to understand that, the "Toilet" inspection is just a figure of speech, meaning that the Ag President conducted a thorough inspection of the whole facility, even to the toilets? Even a fifth grader should easily understand this. How could anyone in their right senses, even if present, believe that the President or the Vice came all the way from Abuja to inspect toilets? But, I guess it's just too difficult for our "Graduates"/ future-leaders to understand.
Where in my comment above did I say he only came to inspect toilets? Ofcourse I can read & write & I read d news about other sections of the airport he inspected! If u read my other comments u should av been able to comprehend that what I mean is that they av better problems to solve dat would get us out of this economic crisis dan this. We av minister of aviation, FAAN MD e.t.c when last did they do all-round check? Different offices for different purposes (division of labour) that what brings about efficiency! Meanwhile u don't av to loose hope in Nigeria as u can run for presidency come 2019 since u are the only well educated Nigerian youth!

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by tutorago: 10:41am On Feb 24, 2017
You see, that muritala airport. It's a disgrace to Nigeria as a country.

If you been to other airports in africa and abroad, you would know that the airport cant be compared to other airports.

Apart from toilet issues, many other things are not in order.

If you enter Nigeria from any other country, the first thing that would make you know that you have got to Nigeria is the buzzing heat. No A/C. No free wifi and many other things.

The funny part is if they take NEPA while you are in the lift. You would remain there until there is electricity.

I really commend the efforts of Acting President, prof. Osinbajo for the visit. I'm sure the government would be able to make widespread rehabilitation of the airports across states in Nigeria.

I believe things are going to get better with time. Let be hopeful and let all stop critisizing the people in the helms of affairs.

God bless Nigeria.

Tutorago is urgently seeking for experienced tutors who are passionate about impacting positively on the education of our Clients across states in Nigeria.

Send your CV to info@tutorago.com

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by chinamachinery: 10:53am On Feb 24, 2017
More efficiency!

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by alizma: 11:43am On Feb 24, 2017
ENDTIMEISNEAR:
THAT IS WHY IT IS CALLED SUPRISE VISIT. IT CAME FROM SOMEWHERE AND BY THE PERSON NOT EXPECTED.
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by obinoral1179(m): 12:09pm On Feb 24, 2017
sarrki:

It's called random sampling

That's what it's called

It makes everyone to fasten their seat belt
random sampling with or with out replacement?
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by dozymars(m): 12:09pm On Feb 24, 2017
ENDTIMEISNEAR:

Online critic. Think before you criticize
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Maski87: 12:45pm On Feb 24, 2017
Is this man looking for what to do,what is this with inspecting toilet at an airport that is not the job of a president
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by iukpe: 12:54pm On Feb 24, 2017
eleojo23:

If the president has to always go about inspecting every little thing then there is a problem somewhere.

Of what use are the ministers and those responsible for taking care of those things?

My brother, I am a Hotel owner, I always find time to inspect the rooms and general facility regularly even with the chain of responsible staff on duty. I usually find out a lot of lapses in cleaning, maintenance issues and house keeping. If you don't do this your business or your concerns will never be reflected correctly on the ground and things may not be handled effectively or slowly deteriorate.
Maybe the VP has proposals on his table for upgrade of airport facilities running into billions of Naira and he needs to see things for himself this is not out of place in a country where things have been left to rot.
We need radical approach to the Nigerian problem. Maybe years from now our president or vice can be like the USA president or Saudi king but for now we all have to roll up our sleeves and serve. When we talk of reforms in government that will help us, activities like this are needed.
I think majority are commending the VP for his approach to things and this will certainly motivate airport staff and have a ripple effect on other sectors.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by iukpe: 1:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
Maski87:
Is this man looking for what to do,what is this with inspecting toilet at an airport that is not the job of a president

Did he go for toilet inspection or he happened to see the rest rooms while inspecting the airports? Nigeria is like the story of A man, his son and a donkey.
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Nobody: 1:42pm On Feb 24, 2017
sarrki:

That is why previous administrations failed
No supervision
If you have your own business don't supervise

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by alphaeus212(m): 1:59pm On Feb 24, 2017
Mumu dey inspect toilet, your people dey die for SOUTH AFRICA, I WISH SAY VP NA FAYOSE.... ..FAYOSHE 2019 ME NO MIND OOOO, ALL D FAKE PPL WE VOTED DID NOTHING, IT WILL NOT BE BAD TO HAVE A STREETWISE PRESIDENT OOOOO... ..Bleep ALL OUR FAKE LEADERS
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by sultaan(m): 2:10pm On Feb 24, 2017
How many managers did he fire?

If nothing happens when it is clear they are not doing their jobs then it is ok for everyone to continue on this path.

Please tell him to pay unscheduled visit to the ports and test the system
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Nobody: 2:52pm On Feb 24, 2017
Godfidence:
God bless u! How does a clean toilet save lives of travellers? We all always get our priorities wrong in this country! I'm not understanding.
God bless you too! They wait until something bad happens before they start looking for "the drawing board" to correct things which they never do.

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 24, 2017
fletcherA:

if you are a frequent traveller you would appreciate the inspection of our toilets. Investors cant even have a comfortable shit.
Hahahaha! I get your sarcasm. Toilets are sure a luxury in your country.
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by meccuno: 3:00pm On Feb 24, 2017
From law firm to pastor to vice president to acting president to toilet inspector.......................lawd!! grin
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 12:33pm On Feb 25, 2017
eleojo23:

The inspection is not always just once in a while and it's allow unscheduled..

So the President should just be flying in and out of the airport without even looking at how things is there?
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by ISTANDWITHBUHAR: 12:50pm On Feb 25, 2017
fiizznation:
Though the acting president have been doing great for the past few weeks, but inspecting airport toilets; Neah this is a big NO for me. The aviation minister should be the right person to do that.

Good acting president, all the best sir.

Still wishing PMB a speedy recovery though. I kind of miss president buhari.

Well The president need to once in a while..
Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by BigBabyJesus: 9:41am On Jun 18, 2020
Now that they have made him head of the toilet and latrine initiative

grin grin grin grin grin

TripleOh7
idid
orisa37

Re: Osinbajo Inspects Toilets At Lagos Airport During Surprise Visit by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 18, 2020
[s]
BigBabyJesus:
Now that they have made him head of the toilet and latrine initiative

grin grin grin grin grin

[/s]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTO: Buhari Arrives Beijing, China / Goose Pimples: "This Shows President Buhari's Victory Is Assured" - Bashir Ahmed / 2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.