Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,194 members, 7,953,700 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 11:56 PM

Buhari's Call To Adesina: 5 Key Things To Note - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari's Call To Adesina: 5 Key Things To Note (923 Views)

Femi Adesina Reacts To Buhari's "Nigerian Youths Are Lazy, Uneducated" Comment / Northern Elders Shock Buhari, Call For Immediate Break-up Of Nigeria / Garba Shehu Misses Buhari's Call (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari's Call To Adesina: 5 Key Things To Note by Klogo: 1:35am On Feb 26, 2017
Editor's note: In this write-up, Aruna Baba, breaks down the discussion President Muhammadu Buhari had with his media adviser, Femi Adesina. He said Buhari was mean to have described as MISCHIEF those concerned about his health.

Around 14:30 on Saturday Nigerian time, President Muhammadu Buhari placed a call to his Media Assistant, Femi Adesina. Unfortunately, this was the first time he would be hearing his boss for more month Buhari departed Nigeria.

Read on to see highlight of their discussion:

1. President Buhari's call to Femi Adesina was the known third call he would make to Nigeria last week. First he made calls to Kano state governor, Abdullahi Ganduje and and Katsina state governor, Aminu Masari.

2. How could Buhari actually called those concerned about his health status MISCHIEF? That was really demeaning to say the least! It shows that Buhari lack ability to reciprocate good gesture Nigerians have for him. Even if some quarters had spoken ill about him, such statement is unbecoming of a leader.

Buhari said: “I am still resting. Thank you for holding out against mischief makers.”

Probably Mr President was referring to those questoining his media aide about his whereabout, those who are not 'patient' enough to wait his return, and those not satisfied with pictures of him with top politicians who paid him visit while resting in London, but clamour for video version.

3. Honestly, many just got to know about someone, personal assistant, called Tunde Sabiu.

Adesina said: "At exactly 2.43 p.m today, Saturday, February 25, 2017, my phone rang. Who was at the other end? Tunde Sabiu, personal assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari.

“Hold on for Mr President,” Tunde said.

And Mr Tunde, we'll remember you each time we hear our president's name or talk about him.

4. Honestly, again, some quarters have borrowed President Buhari's term, labelling Femi Adesina as a mischief man himself. Why? They said he was in defence despite relying on third party information about the health of the President. He was only hearing his voice today for month.

Adesina said: "Not once did I ask them to take the phone to him, deliberately so, because I didn’t need to speak with him to validate the fact that he was alive. And since he was on vacation, he had a right to his privacy."

Adesina is just doing his work and he applied the required wisdom. Not guilty!

5. Well, President Buhari did not speak with Adesina alone, the extended his greetings to the Minister for Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed and the media team as a whole, except his Senior Special Assistant on Media, Garba Shehu who wasn't around.

Shehu was later compesated with an SMS from the president though. He expressed his loyalty and love for Mr President. “I had an SMS from him thereafter because I missed my call! I humbly join them to say thank you, Baba Buhari!! We are together with other Nigerians of all faiths, in praying for his safe return.

“Even if he hadn’t done so, he would have remained my president, my leader, my man. Any day", he said.

Source: http://www.fellowpress.com/2017/02/26/buharis-call-to-adesina-5-key-things-to-note/
Re: Buhari's Call To Adesina: 5 Key Things To Note by sarrki(m): 1:38am On Feb 26, 2017
You dey there ?

Swerve
Re: Buhari's Call To Adesina: 5 Key Things To Note by madridguy(m): 1:47am On Feb 26, 2017
tongue
Re: Buhari's Call To Adesina: 5 Key Things To Note by papaejima1: 2:00am On Feb 26, 2017
And not once did he bother about the welfare of the country and citizens he left behind.
All he saw and memorized are "MISCHIEF MAKERS"!

This man was, is and will remain Nigeria's greatest monumental mistake.
QED

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Call To Adesina: 5 Key Things To Note by ikaboy: 2:02am On Feb 26, 2017
bloggers shaaa

1 Like

Re: Buhari's Call To Adesina: 5 Key Things To Note by Flatties: 3:31am On Feb 26, 2017
Call me when you've asked 21 questions
So I can give you 50cents grin
Re: Buhari's Call To Adesina: 5 Key Things To Note by Nobody: 3:47am On Feb 26, 2017
First they called us 5%, and then WAILING WAILERS, now we have graduated to MISCHIEF MAKERS.
All I wish is simple, if you cannot make nigeria better, return the economy back to the way you met it.

I don't wish him dead, but I pray he doesn't come back till 2019, let's see what osinbajo got to offer
Re: Buhari's Call To Adesina: 5 Key Things To Note by Nobody: 3:48am On Feb 26, 2017
mtcheww

(1) (Reply)

Obiano’s 3rd Anniversary Countdown 6 Industrialization / Fayose Humiliated At An Occasion In Ekiti.. / FG Declares Mondays And Wednesdays As Made-in-nigeria Dress Days

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.