Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,434 members, 7,830,186 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now (1197 Views)

My Fiancée Isn't A Wife Material, Please Help. / Man Finds A Wife For His Brother On Twitter, And They Are Set To Wed! / 10 Texting Habits That Should Tell Guys She Is Totally A Wife Material (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by Nobody: 1:50pm On Feb 27, 2017
Understand that I'm a Christian, a kind of pentecostal one. But I, at times, reason like an atheist whenever doubtful situations rear their ugly heads.

Without consultations, spiritualists with different faiths have approached me, and dished out the same prophesies a number of time.

1. Holidaying in Lagos, I had come all the way from Ogbomosho where I was schooling. A friend said there would be harvest programme in their Celestial church, and wanted me to be in attendance.

Smoke from a jar of incense billowed, and permeated the already tensed tabernacle, after a company of prophets rolled out indistinct tongues. With closed eyes, a prophetess located me among the crowd and said, "You just arrived this city on holiday. Where you came from, two persons--a man and a woman--have perfected the plans to live with you. Don't allow any of them. Secondly, a woman you are destined to marry is no where near. You will meet when you travel far away."

To me, the connection between refusing to allow a female friend live with me was to avoid impregnating a wrong person. Then I made up my mind never to touch her if at all the prophecy had any substance. The following week, a girl I helped in securing admission landed in school, and started staying with me, having told me to help look for an apartment. I got one two days later, but she kept saying she didn't like it and all others I found. I then left her alone.

The same week a male friend of mine had accommodation problem, and had to stay with me temporarily.

2. I was having headache for years, and it defied all medical solutions even after visiting LAUTECH teaching hospital. Then my auntie dragged me to his white-garment church's prophet.

The first thing he said was, "I saw you in an airport. Travelling is on your way. Be careful of women, as they will try very hard to tamper with your destiny."

It seems this man hinted at the first prophecy, I thought, and I went my way.

3. When I came back from NYSC programme, I visited my grandfather in the village. Since that I grew up in the village, I learnt that my close friend then when I was 7, has become a renowned herbalist. He has houses, cars, and a horse. I then checked him up at home.

Having trekked to my friend's premises, "Good evening everyone! I'm looking for Yode," I began.

The hangers-on scanned one another's faces, obviously shocked that a no-person referred to Chief Olayode as Yode.

The echo of "Odu-Oya" (meaning a very big grasscutter) stemmed from nowhere. It was Chief Olayode identifying me by my old nickname. He then led me to his innermost chamber, not guest room.

"Orunmila said I should greet you," he started. "You are not married yet. Know that any woman you find around here is not destined to be yours," he added. "You will travel far and wide."

"Abeg forget prophecies, let the gists begin," I countered.

4. I recently visited my uncle who is an occult priest, and a respected OPC chieftain in the company of my bae.

While leaving his place, he called me to a corner and said, "Even if that girl has a dozen of children for you, she's still not going to be your wife."

As a man grounded in logic, there is no way I will let my plans be informed by these prophecies, but anytime a girl misbehaves, that meme with "I no tell you" always comes to mind.

Now I need the opinions of you guys about how to dispel these troubling counsel from our fortune tellers.
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by madridguy(m): 2:01pm On Feb 27, 2017
It is better to heed the rebuke of a wise person " spiritualists " than to listen to the song of fools " atheists ".

1 Like

Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by omosefeeguaibor(f): 2:02pm On Feb 27, 2017
See how all these spiritualists wants to render you single for life #bachelorforever. Anyway, it depends on whose report you want to believe. Have you heard from your maker?

2 Likes

Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by Nobody: 2:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
omosefeeguaibor:
See how all these spiritualists wants to render you single for life #bachelorforever. Anyway, it depends on whose report you want to believe. Have you heard from your maker?

My thought was even if the woman will not be found in Ogomosho or Lagos, and one of them already saw me in an airport, I may board a plane to Maiduguri and impregnate someone. That distance is "far away" enough.
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by ikp120(m): 2:21pm On Feb 27, 2017
LMAO grin grin grin
This one na gogbe, original gogbe! LMAO grin grin grin
Nigga abeg do wetin dey ya mind. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by Headlesschicken(m): 3:36pm On Feb 27, 2017
grin Dis story big pass me.o,I know no how 2begin chuk mouth.... Buh vin heard dix same prophesy from more than two ppl now,i believe their must be some truth in it,@ a point,i tot I was watching Nigerian film.... while reading yuh write-up...
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by Nobody: 3:48pm On Feb 27, 2017
Headlesschicken:
grin Dis story big pass me.o,I know no how 2begin chuk mouth.... Buh vin heard dix same prophesy from more than two ppl now,i believe their must be some truth in it,@ a point,i tot I was watching Nigerian film.... while reading yuh write-up...

It's a real story. There are other prophets I intentionally approached who said the same thing, thinking I would declare others as liers.
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by optional1(f): 4:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
pray about it and let your Creator guide you...

Prayer is the only solution..

Btw this should be in religion section there you will get enough respond.. Romancelanders won't believe you or say something important.. Just copy and paste it to religion section or beg mynd44 to help you out.
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by Nobody: 4:17pm On Feb 27, 2017
optional1:

Optional don turn pastor abi... Lol
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by optional1(f): 4:20pm On Feb 27, 2017
TheSlyone2:
Optional don turn pastor abi... Lol

i be babalawo before

B2Spirit beg mynd44 to help you move this to religion section..
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 27, 2017
optional1:

i be babalawo before

B2Spirit beg mynd44 to help you move this to religion section..
Gerrarahere Mehn...

How you see my latest trophy na....
Team United
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by optional1(f): 4:28pm On Feb 27, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Gerrarahere Mehn...

How you see my latest trophy na....
Team United

you smoke mess this evening

That cheap trophy that ref pity you people and give.. Even una coach no even happy cos d trophy is useless... He just collect it so they won't sack him before the season runs out....
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by Nobody: 4:30pm On Feb 27, 2017
optional1:

That cheap trophy that ref pity you people and give.. Even una coach no even happy cos d trophy is useless... He just collect it so they won't sack him before the season runs out....
Oh look at you bae...

You know i told you earlier, of all the English team this season, United will carry the most trophy...

2 down, 2 more to go... FA cup and Europa cup...

Go call call your partner in crime, VickyRotex, am here for ya
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by VickyRotex(f): 5:18pm On Feb 27, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Oh look at you bae...

You know i told you earlier, of all the English team this season, United will carry the most trophy...

optional1:

Optional1 darling, biko dont mind him. Haterz gonna keep Hating! We gonna keep Soaring! kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by Nobody: 5:20pm On Feb 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

Optional1 darling, biko dont mind him. Haterz gonna keep Hating! We gonna keep Soaring! kiss kiss kiss
Oya come and be going....

Am not even missing you again self
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by VickyRotex(f): 5:36pm On Feb 27, 2017
TheSlyone2:

E pain am o! Biko dont miss me!
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by optional1(f): 5:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
TheSlyone2:

Oh look at you bae...

you and who go derail this thread?

Cheap trophy cheap club.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by optional1(f): 5:54pm On Feb 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

Optional darling, biko dont mind him. Haterz gonna keep Hating! We gonna keep Soaring! kiss kiss kiss

my dear i dont blame him i blame d ref...

How you doing today
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by VickyRotex(f): 5:56pm On Feb 27, 2017
optional1:

my dear i dont blame him i blame d ref...

How you doing today

cheesy cheesy

I'm doing well dear. And you?
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by optional1(f): 6:02pm On Feb 27, 2017
TheSlyone2:

so you called the girls cos u missing them.. Lolz?

Oga go find you mate them guys and talk to we ain't equal on the field of play...
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by optional1(f): 6:04pm On Feb 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

cheesy cheesy
I'm doing well dear. And you?

doing perfectly great..

1 Like

Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by VickyRotex(f): 6:14pm On Feb 27, 2017
optional1:

doing perfectly great..

Good to know! cool Have a great evening!
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by Nobody: 7:10pm On Feb 27, 2017
optional1:

Btw this should be in religion section there you will get enough respond.. Romancelanders won't believe you or say something important.. Just copy and paste it to religion section or beg mynd44 to help you out.

I think this requires either logic or spirituality. It can be in romance or religion section. I'm opting for logic for now. Maybe lalasticlala will help.
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by Nobody: 7:13pm On Feb 27, 2017
ikp120:
LMAO grin grin grin

This one na gogbe, original gogbe! LMAO grin grin grin

Nigga abeg do wetin dey ya mind. grin grin grin

I tell u, na one chance I don enta
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by optional1(f): 7:29pm On Feb 27, 2017
B2Spirits:

I think this requires either logic or spirituality. It can be in romance or religion section. I'm opting for logic for now. Maybe lalasticlala will help.

this is more spiritual then logic... But is ur choice tho..

Lalasticlala mynd44 can you help.
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by Nobody: 8:25pm On Feb 27, 2017
optional1:

so you called the girls cos u missing them.. Lolz?

Oga go find you mate them guys and talk to we ain't equal on the field of play...
Gerrarahere Mehn...

See ya on the field of play
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by Nobody: 8:29pm On Feb 27, 2017
VickyRotex:

E pain am o! Biko dont miss me!
Hehe, Vicky Vicky
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by Nobody: 9:42pm On Feb 27, 2017
madridguy:
It is better to heed the rebuke of a wise person " spiritualists " than to listen to the song of fools " atheists ".

But the sources don't seem credible if at all I will believe the injunction. Besides, should I just start preparing to leave naija without knowing the particular place to go or wait till probability presents the chances?
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by madridguy(m): 9:52pm On Feb 27, 2017
@ the bolded: Yes for you to prepare your mind so when the chance present itself you won't miss it. Allah knows best.

B2Spirits:

But the sources don't seem credible if at all I will believe the injunction. Besides, should I just start preparing to leave naija without knowing the particular place to go or wait till probability present the chances?
Re: Choice Of A Wife: Prophets Barred Me From Choosing Now by Horlawoomey(m): 10:29pm On Feb 27, 2017
Bro don't let them tamper with your head, next time they tell you such thing, just ask them to be more specific and tell you where your Rib is located.

Only God sees the future.

(1) (Reply)

3 Best Mind Blowing Ways For Bathroom Fun.. Adults Only / Wet And Wild!! Kourtney Kardashian Goes Completely Nude In A Pool / For What? 100k For A Quickie, That's Ridiculous!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.