Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,642 members, 7,809,410 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity (3927 Views)

Hardworking Leaders, The Lazy Youths And The $320m Abacha Loot / Benue Youths And Police In A Shootout In Makurdi / Aisha Buhari Eats Buns As She Empowers 1100 Youths And Women In Kwara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by Blitz888(m): 7:01am On Mar 01, 2017
Is the Nigerian Youth part of the problem bedevilling our nation? The answer is an emphatic YES!
But, its also important to understand the myraid of challenges he/she is face with daily. Most youths today are about survival first as it is the basic instinct that comes naturally to any human. The need to survive ranks first on their scale of preference and today's prevalent reality makes it understandable.
However, that needy/dependent mindset was sold to us by those who have held this nation hostage and we bought it, and swallowed hook, line and sinker. The average Nigerian Youth today is subservient and psychologically battered such that his only escape route is to either engage in crime or join the bandwagon of sycophants singing the praises of this old brigade that have hoodwinked us and kept us subjugated.
Agreed not every youth is in this mold (like the fiercely progressive youths in NNV) but a swathe majority fall into this unfortunate category.
I believe in the resurgence of the Nigerian Youth... I am an unrepentant apologist of the Nigerian spirit that cannot be easily broken but we must rise up to take our place in history, drawing inspiration from like minded Nigerians like the NNV folks...

It will only take Nigerians to fix Nigeria. NNV is a veritable vehicle for the actualization of these ideals.

Kingsley.
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by helinues: 7:27am On Mar 01, 2017
GlorifiedTunde:

Says who? You?

I'll remind you of this comment in 2019.

Bros no be today, Nigerian youth are not ready to take their destinies into their own hands.

Unless if you are new on NL.. But would be glad if your movement could proof me wrong
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by GlorifiedTunde(m): 7:49am On Mar 01, 2017
helinues:

Bros no be today, Nigerian youth are not ready to take their destinies into their own hands.

Unless if you are new on NL.. But would be glad if your movement could proof me wrong

There has never been a movement such as this before.
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by helinues: 8:51am On Mar 01, 2017
GlorifiedTunde:

There has never been a movement such as this before.

There has been.. Many from different region but later hijacked by politicians. The movement can only survive if it can be self sustained ( Money) strictly by board and other members.
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by GlorifiedTunde(m): 8:57am On Mar 01, 2017
helinues:

There has been.. Many from different region but later hijacked by politicians. The movement can only survive if it can be self sustained ( Money) strictly by board and other members.

Well this is different, has no backing, no financing from public entities, has its own constitution, ethics code, goal planner etc

1st National convention held last year, Dec 10 2016.

Diversities of young men from different region and walks of life - professionals and business men of different diversities.

Its a movement with blueprints generated from Think Tank Groups representing different sector of the economy.

Currently we can boast of an archive of Solutions.

This movement organizes consistent leadership training for members, and convenes with diverse succinct unbiased, and non bigoted submissions.

I still remain that other movements are not like this.
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by superson001(m): 8:57am On Mar 01, 2017
wow....nice write up but let me chip something vital. this is not the first time youths av tried to revolt in dis gr8 nation but don't be surprise when our plans n efforts gets sabotaged because some of us wud still inform the oldies abt it
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by helinues: 8:59am On Mar 01, 2017
GlorifiedTunde:

Well this is different, has no backing, no financing from public entities, has its own constitution, ethics code, goal planner etc

1st National convention held last year, Dec 10 2016.

Diversities of young men from different region and walks of life - professionals and business men of different diversities.

Its a movement with blueprints generated from Think Tank Groups representing different sector of the economy.

Currently we can boast of an archive of Solutions.

This movement organizes consistent leadership training for members, hand convenes with diverse succinct unbiased, and non bigoted submissions.

I still remain that other movements are not like this.

Quite interesting.. Is the group only on whatsapp chat? not everyone is comfortable sharing his/her number with strangers.
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:03am On Mar 01, 2017
superson001:
wow....nice write up but let me chip something vital. this is not the first time youths av tried to revolt in dis gr8 nation but don't be surprise when our plans n efforts gets sabotaged because some of us wud still inform the oldies abt it

That was wonderfully pointed out sir.

But this is more of a revolution with a clear purpose and defined path. Not an empty revolt that just bears the reason of disgruntlement.

The NNV is filled with diligent and discipline young men and women who have no time for frivolities, or complaining continuously.

It started with a cause - by young Nigerians who are tired of complaining; by creative and intelligent minds.

I have met minds greater than many of those we have in technocratic positions out there in this movement.
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by jamace(m): 9:05am On Mar 01, 2017
Ahmadgani:

You are making alot of sense and there is meaning to your views, but the problem with the youths of this country is lack of guts.

Yahaya bello of kogi state is a youth, he was given an opportunity but he blew it up. Go to kogi and see the mess he has made out of that state.

Another issue is that of religion. I believe in God, i worship Him and i practice my religion perfectly. However from sociological and psycholigical poin view, i cannot deny the fact that religion is hindering our progress as a nation in general.

Until nigeria youths are released from the claws of imperialism and neocolonialism, lets kiss this hope good bye

You must be one of the ghost workers weeded out by Gov Bello. Your mentality is what the OP is talking about, quick money, even if it is through illegal means. Youths of Kogi state who have the interest of Kogi at heart are with Gov Bello. Kogi has been seriously messed up by the past govts and Gov Bello is doing the yeoman job, trying his best to clean the state.
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:06am On Mar 01, 2017
helinues:

Quite interesting.. Is the group only on whatsapp chat? not everyone is comfortable sharing his/her number with strangers.

Yes it is. And we know people are cautious of their phone numbers.

But as it is, it is the best form of constant convening for people from different region in Nigeria.

The movement will soon be decentralizing to Zonal and State levels where meetings can be organized more physically.
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by helinues: 9:08am On Mar 01, 2017
GlorifiedTunde:

Yes it is. And we know people are cautious of their phone numbers.

But as it is, it is the best form of constant convening for people from different region in Nigeria.

The movement will soon be decentralizing to Zonal and State levels where meetings can be organized more physically.

Why not create a website, Facebook page/Group/?
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by omoharry(f): 10:08am On Mar 01, 2017
NNVanguard:

If we can put away self centredness, ethnic chauvinism, religious fanaticism, we shall build a New Nigeria.
Maybe we should create another sub political forum here on Nairaland that would be devoid of any unnecessary ethnic/religious pollution. The forum should be for matured minds that are ready to discuss and analyse national issues objectively without allowing party affiliation/ethnic and religious sentiment to cloud their sense of judgement. there used to be matured minds here back then before all these mediocre started flooding in to make the political forum a battle ground for ethnic/religious bashing.
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by lonelydora: 10:13am On Mar 01, 2017
Nice one
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by omoharry(f): 10:15am On Mar 01, 2017
Blitz888:
Is the Nigerian Youth part of the problem bedevilling our nation? The answer is an emphatic YES!
But, its also important to understand the myraid of challenges he/she is face with daily. Most youths today are about survival first as it is the basic instinct that comes naturally to any human. The need to survive ranks first on their scale of preference and today's prevalent reality makes it understandable.
However, that needy/dependent mindset was sold to us by those who have held this nation hostage and we bought it, and swallowed hook, line and sinker. The average Nigerian Youth today is subservient and psychologically battered such that his only escape route is to either engage in crime or join the bandwagon of sycophants singing the praises of this old brigade that have hoodwinked us and kept us subjugated.
Agreed not every youth is in this mold (like the fiercely progressive youths in NNV) but a swathe majority fall into this unfortunate category.
I believe in the resurgence of the Nigerian Youth... I am an unrepentant apologist of the Nigerian spirit that cannot be easily broken but we must rise up to take our place in history, drawing inspiration from like minded Nigerians like the NNV folks...

It will only take Nigerians to fix Nigeria. NNV is a veritable vehicle for the actualization of these ideals.

Kingsley.
what is NNV ..is it a movement?..do they have a website or on any of the social network?.I have never heard of it.
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by WINNERMENTALITY: 10:26am On Mar 01, 2017
Empty Barrels....

This was how Soyinka and Achebe preach till they got old and one died.... Fela did same too.....

The illiterates controlling leadership post in this country surpass those with sense of reasoning..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by NNVanguard(m): 5:10pm On Mar 01, 2017
helinues:
Starting with no finishing. grin grin grin grin

We are not only going to finish but leave a legacy of good governance to Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by NNVanguard(m): 5:12pm On Mar 01, 2017
Propityprof:
I believe the time to begin to make our drive and vigour count is now! We have stayed long enough on this mountain of avoidable depravity, on which we have been chained by wanton actions and inactions of our past leaders and the bulk of the present one.

They just don't care and we that are mostly affected by their heartlessly greedy self aggrandizement, the Youths will rather be sponsoring petitions to NBC to ban a commercial venture on TV already rated 18 by its producers instead of utilising same energy to insist that at least one of the already exposed looters be prosecuted if at least as a kind of deterent to intending looters.

I think its time we go from making empty noises on platforms like this and other social media. The time for action is now!!!

@ NNVanguard: kindly provide means of joining your Crusaders. Enu o se jor

Whatsapp on 08064572551
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by NNVanguard(m): 5:14pm On Mar 01, 2017
superson001:

We all we do our best to fight against bad governance in all its shades and facade.
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by NNVanguard(m): 5:17pm On Mar 01, 2017
WINNERMENTALITY:
Empty Barrels....

This was how Soyinka and Achebe preach till they got old and one died.... Fela did same too.....

The illiterates controlling leadership post in this country surpass those with sense of reasoning..

They failed because they carried the burden all alone. There was no strong network of like minds. This is one of the lessons we learnt from history of political activism.

This, we have come to correct.

#togetherwecan
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by NNVanguard(m): 5:21pm On Mar 01, 2017
omoharry:
what is NNV ..is it a movement?..do they have a website or on any of the social network?.I have never heard of it.

We are called the New Nigeria Vanguard. We are a budding political movement that is snowballing into a political party before 2019.

Our Vision Statement: Securing a peaceful, united, progressive, corruption-free Nigeria for now and posterity.

Our Mission Statement: New Nigeria Vanguard is committed to keeping our nation corruption free and expanding innovative business opportunities for Nigerians. We are anchored on good policies that encourage food for all, security of lives and properties, accountability, transparency, merit, equity and justice! Together we shall make a new Nigeria.

We are building a new nigeria where merit comes first before ethno religious affiliation.

a Nigeria where the Hausa man will be a brother to the Yoruba man and the Igbo man will see the Hausa man as a blood brother.

A Nigeria where there will be equity, a sense of belonging and justice for all.

A Nigeria where the children of political office holders will attend our Public Schools and institutions of higher learning.

A Nigeria where the minimun salary is enough to take the earner home.

A Nigeria where the clamour for secession will be gone.

A restructured Nigeria where regions will have more power than the centre.

A Nigeria where the salaries of political office holders is just and fair in comparison to other peers in the world.

A Nigeria where agriculture will be declared a state of emergency

A Nigeria where anyone from 1960 and above will be seen as elders and not to be in the forefront of political struggle.

A Nigeria where science and technology remains the driving force for industrial revolution.
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by helinues: 6:45pm On Mar 01, 2017
NNVanguard:

We are not only going to finish but leave a legacy of good governance to Nigerians.

That is the prayer of majority of Nigeria youth.. But it is a pity you guys are only on whatsapp
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by buckdudebuck: 7:11pm On Mar 01, 2017
nerox1:
Good day my brothers and sisters.
I would really love to point out that most Nigerian youths are actually hard working and strong willed. The point is that most of us have lost focus and there by running around chasing shadows.
Please allow me to give an example of Nnamdi Kalu he is a Nigerian youth I believe if he had directed his struggles in the right direction Nigeria would have been seriously shaking. Instead of directing his will power to strengthen his fellow youths on reasons to come together and fight a system that is feeding fat on the struggle ,pain and patience of Nigerian. He is busy fighting to divide the country there by dividing his own strength too.
Let's think about it if Babangida could come out boldly to say the Nigerian Youths has nothing to offer that alone was enough to stair the wheels of Nigerians but funny how it was quickly pushed aside. He Babangida did not know that the implementation of these his words was that as a Nigerian father he had failed as a father and as a youth.
Please in all I would really love our youths to please redefine our focus and we would definitely see the impact.
I love NNV if you our not in this group then please try to get on board so as to design a new strategy and direction for the future of our beloved Nigeria.
We stand together stronger that standing disunited.
The avarage awsaa man sees True Federalism as Biafra. So Nnamdi Kanu DID the right thing. YOU people still believe he woke up one morning and started to campaign for Biafra, mind you, he was at UNN the as a result of incessant strikes me moved to London, and wrote thesis on the issue, so please forget that thing wey una dey talk, it won't work. It was in 2015 I completely lost hope in anything called Nigeria
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by buckdudebuck: 7:26pm On Mar 01, 2017
jamace:
You must be one of the ghost workers weeded out by Gov Bello. Your mentality is what the OP is talking about, quick money, even if it is through illegal means. Youths of Kogi state who have the interest of Kogi at heart are with Gov Bello. Kogi has been seriously messed up by the past govts and Gov Bello is doing the yeoman job, trying his best to clean the state.
ehhen I no talk am? Who is right and who is wrong? I don't know! It has begun to crumble already. Go to IPOB and see how things are organised, it is not about some over zealous members making some outrageous comments, IPOB is a well oiled machine. Many politicians have tried to highjack it but failed. I lost my Samsung galaxy s7 in an IPOB. The next meeting it was announced two weeks later it was announced that someone lost his phone and must come foward and claim it. That is how I got it back. Do yoh think that if it were thks your so called NNV I would have gotten back my phone? For Wusai?
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by NNVanguard(m): 7:39pm On Mar 01, 2017
helinues:

That is the prayer of majority of Nigeria youth.. But it is a pity you guys are only on whatsapp

With you on board we can make much difference.
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by NNVanguard(m): 7:43pm On Mar 01, 2017
buckdudebuck:
ehhen I no talk am? Who is right and who is wrong? I don't know! It has begun to crumble already. Go to IPOB and see how things are organised, it is not about some over zealous members making some outrageous comments, IPOB is a well oiled machine. Many politicians have tried to highjack it but failed. I lost my Samsung galaxy s7 in an IPOB. The next meeting it was announced two weeks later it was announced that someone lost his phone and must come foward and claim it. That is how I got it back. Do yoh think that if it were thks your so called NNV I would have gotten back my phone? For Wusai?

Sorry bro, whom you are referring to his mention has no authority to speak unbehalf of NNV. The best of Young people Nigeria have ever produced in all fields of life sandwiched with integrity and professionalism is who makes up NNV. You could be one of us.
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by helinues: 7:53pm On Mar 01, 2017
NNVanguard:

With you on board we can make much difference.

You guys should try and create a Facebook group/page. Not everyone is comfortable sharing his/her number with strangers
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by NNVanguard(m): 8:14pm On Mar 01, 2017
helinues:

You guys should try and create a Facebook group/page. Not everyone is comfortable sharing his/her number with strangers

https://mobile.facebook.com/NNVanguard
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by buckdudebuck: 11:46pm On Mar 01, 2017
NNVanguard:

Sorry bro, whom you are referring to his mention has no authority to speak unbehalf of NNV. The best of Young people Nigeria have ever produced in all fields of life sandwiched with integrity and professionalism is who makes up NNV. You could be one of us.
story.
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by omoharry(f): 7:40am On Mar 02, 2017
NNVanguard:

We are called the New Nigeria Vanguard. We are a budding political movement that is snowballing into a political party before 2019.

Our Vision Statement: Securing a peaceful, united, progressive, corruption-free Nigeria for now and posterity.

Our Mission Statement: New Nigeria Vanguard is committed to keeping our nation corruption free and expanding innovative business opportunities for Nigerians. We are anchored on good policies that encourage food for all, security of lives and properties, accountability, transparency, merit, equity and justice! Together we shall make a new Nigeria.

We are building a new nigeria where merit comes first before ethno religious affiliation.

a Nigeria where the Hausa man will be a brother to the Yoruba man and the Igbo man will see the Hausa man as a blood brother.

A Nigeria where there will be equity, a sense of belonging and justice for all.

A Nigeria where the children of political office holders will attend our Public Schools and institutions of higher learning.

A Nigeria where the minimun salary is enough to take the earner home.

A Nigeria where the clamour for secession will be gone.

A restructured Nigeria where regions will have more power than the centre.

A Nigeria where the salaries of political office holders is just and fair in comparison to other peers in the world.

A Nigeria where agriculture will be declared a state of emergency

A Nigeria where anyone from 1960 and above will be seen as elders and not to be in the forefront of political struggle.

A Nigeria where science and technology remains the driving force for industrial revolution.
nice.si are you guys on facebook?
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by NNVanguard(m): 7:54am On Mar 02, 2017
omoharry:
nice.si are you guys on facebook?
https://mobile.facebook.com/nnvanguard
Re: Nigeria Youths And Mental Mediocrity by hadex90(m): 10:04am On Mar 02, 2017
its sweet to say, apart from writing articles online, what is NVANGUARD doing in reality. Social media alone is still like dreaming but not taking any effort to achieve this dream. lets form a political party of our own, lets campaign, lets protest, lets do community service anything to let the world knows we are waking up

......#AM READY, SEND ME

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The True Story Of Akinwunmi Ambode Travails / 2 Anambra Students Score Highest In 2023 Jamb Exam. Obi's Investment / Tinubu Gives Judges 35billion Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.