Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,886 members, 7,828,143 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:54 AM

Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB (24875 Views)

You Can't Become Nigeria's President, Without Being A Thief, Musa Tells Sowore / Which Present State Governor Would You Like To Become Nigeria's Next President? / 2019: MASSOB Threatens To Stop Election In South East, Kogi, Benue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by Ngozi123(f): 9:17pm On Feb 28, 2017
allrightsir:

read Nairaland, every topic descends into a tribal war.

I'm not interested in civil war, I wasn't alive and I can bet neither were you and all the people spewing hate against other tribes, neither am i interested in getting into a war/debate/ discussion with you over long story of civil war.

The bottom line is you want to be president, you need votes from other regions, whatever your reasons are, if you continue to tell a man you hate him and rain abuses on him how do you expect him to vote for you? Then you continue to tell me you want to leave my house and you expect me to give you the keys to my house? am I stupid? What human being does such a thing?

So the fact that many threads on Nairaland result in mini-tribal wars is all the Igbos' fault? Nairaland is now the only determiner for Nigerian public opinion?

Ok... I wasn't really referring to the civil war, hence I said "post-civil war".

Have you asked yourself if the people who are 'raining abuses' on these other tribes are the same people who actually want an Igbo presidency? Do IPOB want an Igbo presidency in Nigeria? MASSOB? They're only saying that Nigeria not having an Igbo president since Azikiwe is symptomatic of Nigeria's anti-Igbo bias. Let me spell this out for you people: they're not saying that they want an Igbo president, they're saying that Nigeria should allow them to secede because of the way it has treated them. I don't want an Igbo president if it means that we're stuck in this mess of a country.

Also, it's important to note that they're targeting this at other Biafrans who, perhaps, are still conflicted about whether they support independence or not, not at other Nigerians. I highly doubt that groups like MASSOB, IPOB and the likes care about what most Nigerians think of them undecided.

4 Likes

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by bizzibodi(m): 9:20pm On Feb 28, 2017
nkwuocha:

i said he will be dead and kanu will be released.THIS is a fact.
Then kanu will die one day. wink wink
Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by bizzibodi(m): 9:23pm On Feb 28, 2017
how cant d largest ethnic grps cnt win president?then something is fundamentally wrong with 9ja jews.
Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by Buharimustgo: 9:24pm On Feb 28, 2017
sarrki:

Ask kanu

The Onikuje of kuje prison

Obi of kuje

Him go tell you how far

U education is a waste

1 Like

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by irepsuccess: 9:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
PDJT:
Presidency?
Thanks, but No Thanks!

All we want is the restoration of Republic of Biafra [Land of the rising Sun].
republic of biafra? that's a dream!
Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by Newmanluckyman(m): 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
Ngozi123:

I honestly don't care about an Igbo presidency in Nigeria as very little would change for us. This country is rotten from the core and no amount of Igbo presidents will change that. All we need to do is continue to develop our regions as independence is inevitable; I honestly don't see Nigeria, as it is, lasting for more than 20 years.
... Good insight. I completely agree with you.

2 Likes

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by gawu1: 9:29pm On Feb 28, 2017
baddosky1:

And ask the man who put Kanu in prison how far. There is every possibility that Kanu though in prison will outlive him. tongue tongue
You seem not to know history.
Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by Prince16: 9:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
obailala:
Political miscalculations is the reason why the presidency hasnt reached the SE. A clear case was the almost 100% support the SE gave GEJ in 2011 thereby destroying the PDP zoning formula which would have definitely produced an Igbo president in 2015 or 2019.

If Yaradua didnt die, PDP would have definitely zoned the presidency in 2015 to the SE; if GEJ didnt contest in 2011, the PDP would have also definitely zoned the presidency to the SE in 2015 or 2019 (assuming whoever was the northern candidate stubbornly de ided to complete 2 terms).

I remember the former PDP chairman Vincent Ogbulafor lamenting the decision of GEJ in 2010 to contest and distort this zoning formula. But at the time, he was shouted down by fellow SEasterners and GEJ summarily booted him out of the chairmanship position for daring to oppose him. Ken Nnamani was also ridiculed for not supporting GEJ's election bud in 2011.

We all know the result today, Igbo presidency has become a strong mirage and beholding the reality, everyone now seems to embrace IPOb as the only fall back solution.

Hmm.......,wordz on marble!!!

Whatbmore can I say? Sayin any other thingbis a wastebof time.......U've practically echoed my mind.

SMH!
Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by vannessa7(f): 9:40pm On Feb 28, 2017
modath:

While also being the "largest ethnic majority" in same Nigeria...The contradictory nature of these statements should be clear but when victim mode is the default mode, it will be very hard to assimilate....... smiley

Make friends, build bridges.... More bees are caught with honey......

you are so on point, everyone responds to love, but they prefer making everyone their enemies. its always them against the world and they expect their enemies to advance them.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by Prince16: 9:47pm On Feb 28, 2017
allrightsir:
This is a misleading headline. Actually the way the country is structured no group (majority or minority) can win an election without help from other regions. The North with all their population have never won an election in this country without help from one or more groups in the south.

The reason why is it difficult for Igbo to be president is simply that, they keep antagonizing the very people whose votes they need, North and SW. It's really that simple
Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by tifany89(m): 9:52pm On Feb 28, 2017
sarrki:
I won't utter a word today

Long live muhammadu Buhari

Long live federal republic of Nigeria

U don tire? Continue na or it has finally dawned on u nobody takes u serious anymore

1 Like

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by Prince16: 9:54pm On Feb 28, 2017
allrightsir:

read Nairaland, every topic descends into a tribal war. What we see on Nairaland is a true reflection of the feelings off many from the east towards the rest of Nigeria. The anonymity of the internet makes the feelings expressed here more pure and unadultrated, people are expressing how they really feel. Someone once said that if not for social media we wouldn't know how much the Igbos really hate us.

I'm not interested in civil war, I wasn't alive and I can bet neither were you and all the people spewing hate against other tribes, neither am i interested in getting into a war/debate/ discussion with you over long story of civil war.

The bottom line is this is 2017 and you want to be president, you need votes from other regions, whatever your reasons are, if you continue to tell a man you hate him and rain abuses on him how do you expect him to vote for you? Then you continue to tell me you want to leave my house and you expect me to give you the keys to my house? am I stupid? What human being does such a thing?
Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by MisterKings(m): 9:59pm On Feb 28, 2017
totit:

I doubt you are talking about the same God we all know, shey?

What a joke grin

What tribe are u

1 Like

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by almarthins(m): 10:00pm On Feb 28, 2017
OnankpaBa:
Igbo leaders are political slaves in Nigeria grin grin grin

Let's tell ourself the truth, even Igbo people would nt support Igbo man to be president. History abound to the facts.

1 Like

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 28, 2017
OnankpaBa:
Igbo leaders are political slaves in Nigeria grin grin grin
So be it.Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by omokab: 10:02pm On Feb 28, 2017
Why can't you people form alliance with Israel to gain a political strength? Lie! Lie!! Lie!!! Every Yuletide all the state will be empty when igbo travel is a complete lie. Is not possible in oyo state not to talk of oyo town ,osun state, ekiti and even ogunstate. Gombe state can't be empty. Kogi is not possble and other big town in the country. If he talks of Lagos I can partially agree because other tribe will also travel out of the state for festive period. They always look for one excuse or the other for support.

1 Like

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by omsal84(m): 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2017
stephnie1:

after Kanu's death
No! After Buhari'so death.
Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by Nobody: 10:03pm On Feb 28, 2017
`

5 Likes

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 28, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
Igbos are minority, minority needs to form strong alliance with the majority; north or south west.
since they are not ready to do that, they should forget it and focus on getting their biafra.
which is a castle in the air.

1 Like

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by omsal84(m): 10:04pm On Feb 28, 2017
OsusuMustFlow:

thats if they will ever get the biafra
They will.

1 Like

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by Nobody: 10:05pm On Feb 28, 2017
PDJT:
Presidency?
Thanks, but No Thanks!

All we want is the restoration of Republic of Biafra [Land of the rising Sun].
It will come after rapture .

1 Like

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by Kingbusssy(m): 10:05pm On Feb 28, 2017
MutantMetahuman:
Igbos are minority, minority needs to form strong alliance with the majority; north or south west.
since they are not ready to do that, they should forget it and focus on getting their biafra.

I concur
Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by Nobody: 10:07pm On Feb 28, 2017
sarrki:

Ask kanu
The Onikuje of kuje prison

Obi of kuje
Him go tell you how far
Oba of Kuje prison.

1 Like

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by Larrykaysail(m): 10:10pm On Feb 28, 2017
because they are use to fake things, Nigeria will be a fake country , Igbo made

1 Like

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by Ngozi123(f): 10:58pm On Feb 28, 2017
allrightsir:

I am not the one shouting about wanting to be president, if you want to argue with yourself please continue but if you want to know the real reason why Igbo presidency will always remain a dream then listen to the people whose votes you NEED are saying.

Sometimes Nigerians go abroad and are treated like criminals simply because of what other Nigerians before them have done, it does not matter if you are a professional who has never done anything criminal, carried drugs or defrauded anyone, you carry that Nigerian passport and the air of suspicion envelopes you. Perception is reality and that is what you need to understand. The people whose votes you need are not people who tend towards intellectual debates and can decipher between ibos who want to be in Nigeria but need the presidency for a sense of belonging and IPOB or MASSOB. In the same way as I might be able to convince you that if I became president I have good intentions for the igbos but there is no way the teaming masses of IPOB, MASSOB will ever be convinced. Unfortunately, there are more of them than you, it's their votes I need not yours....and vice versa.

So you're admitting that the people who are asking for an Igbo president are not the same as those who are campaigning for independence, right? If so, why did you blame Igbos "antagonising" other ethnic groups as the reason for why we haven't seen an Igbo president when you've just said that it's the average Nigerian's ignorance that is the real reason. Why are you contradicting yourself? undecided

I won't go further into your heavily flawed argument about IPOB- a group that was founded in 2012- and MASSOB- a group that has never really held sway over anywhere near the majority of Igbos- being the cause of the problem. I hope that you'll see the errors in this argument yourself.

Going back to your point about the Igbos being "antagonistic"; the most antagonistic, in the real sense of the word and not the way that you've been using it, people in Nigeria have arguably been the Fulani herdsmen. Going by your logic, no Fulani man should've been anywhere near the presidency so how is it that your current president is also the ex-grand patron of the Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria? Pray tell...

3 Likes

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by totit: 11:01pm On Feb 28, 2017
MisterKings:

What tribe are u

I am from the land of the dying, falling and wrenching Sun wink
Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by Nofuckgiven: 11:02pm On Feb 28, 2017
Uwazurike and co. Its only money from their oga at the top they need to spread false news as this! Saboteurs! undecided

1 Like

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by tobiasbeecher: 11:10pm On Feb 28, 2017
allrightsir:
This is a misleading headline. Actually the way the country is structured no group (majority or minority) can win an election without help from other regions. The North with all their population have never won an election in this country without help from one or more groups in the south.

The reason why is it difficult for Igbo to be president is simply that, they keep antagonizing the very people whose votes they need, North and SW. It's really that simple
And the Yorubas and Hausas are not antagonizing them? Abeg carry your hypocrisy go sit down jare. Everyday, Igbo this, Igbo that

3 Likes

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by iRepNaija1: 11:12pm On Feb 28, 2017
Kabir2Mohammad:

The only tribe reconizable by comment. these are children ofHate for u

Please. No Nigerian should be trusted with power. Most, if not all, leaders that have come into power have been corrupt. Ya'll will never learn. Naija people love to point the blame at other ethnic groups but don't want to look at themselves and the sorry state of the country.
Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by tobiasbeecher: 11:21pm On Feb 28, 2017
allrightsir:

read Nairaland, every topic descends into a tribal war. What we see on Nairaland is a true reflection of the feelings off many from the east towards the rest of Nigeria. The anonymity of the internet makes the feelings expressed here more pure and unadultrated, people are expressing how they really feel. Someone once said that if not for social media we wouldn't know how much the Igbos really hate us.

The bottom line is this is 2017 and you want to be president, you need votes from other regions, whatever your reasons are, if you continue to tell a man you hate him and rain abuses on him how do you expect him to vote for you? Then you continue to tell me you want to leave my house and you expect me to give you the keys to my house? am I stupid? What human being does such a thing?
[url][/url]
Shut up Mr man, your hypocrisy stinks to high heaven. I wonder the kind of man you're? You open your hypocritical eyes to see only the Igbos making hate and abusive comments but become the blind Batimus when your Yoruba brothers do the same! Run along joor, you people are known for treachery and doubl-face

2 Likes

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by Nobody: 11:23pm On Feb 28, 2017
`

3 Likes

Re: Why It’s Impossible For Igbo Man To Become Nigeria’s President In 2019 – MASSOB by Ngozi123(f): 11:28pm On Feb 28, 2017
allrightsir:

Ive told you the problem the Igbo presidency faces, it's a perception problem (real or imagined is irrelevant) and your people on Nairaland plus IPOB and MASSOB dont help matters. You can keep arguing or you can deal with it, it's up to you, I;m not the one for whom the presidency matters.

Especially when it comes to elections, perception is what matters, until your people understand that you will never win elections outside your zone. Save your keyboard, with due respect nobody is interested in your facts because every side has its own facts...

Why does a poor man keep voting for the rich man who keeps stealing his money? Why did people vote for Trump, reasonable people know he cant do half the things he said, Why did people vote for brexit, when in fact Migration is not as big as they think. Politics is about perception, until you understand that and start the address the perception barrier, there will be no IGBO presidency, be it 2019,2023 or 2027.

And that is all I have to say, I cant keeo repeating the same point over and over.

So you're not blaming Igbos "antagonising" other ethnic groups, rather those ethnic groups' ignorance and erroneous perceptions about the Igbos, right?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Uzodinma: PDP Behind Plot To Humiliate Oshiomhole Out Of Office / Julius Abure Allegedly Escapes Assassination, House Burnt Down / Sacked Ekiti LG Chairmen Reject Fayose's N35m Offer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.