Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,844 members, 7,820,936 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:07 AM

How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad (15191 Views)

Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad / Is This Really Nigeria? If Yes Pls Which Part Of The Country?m Wondering(photo) / Tell Us About The City Where You Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by Things(m): 1:49am On Jan 20, 2007
Zulu these things are true everywhere, we all want things to work out for us, the difference is that some are desperate.
And the most dangerous person(s) to come across in one's life is a desperate person(s) cos they can do ANYTHING to achieve ANYTHING.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by LiquidMind(m): 1:50am On Jan 20, 2007
@Gorrjigen

Your post is Nice,   Pls drop us with more to scope
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by Radiant(f): 2:30am On Jan 20, 2007
*Shakes head *
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by Macgreat(m): 3:42am On Jan 20, 2007
Radiant:

*Shakes head *
*shakes body* *roll eye* *roll noise* * shakes ear* *shakes everything shakable*
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by Radiant(f): 3:42am On Jan 20, 2007
WTF? undecided
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by promise72(m): 5:19am On Jan 20, 2007
Why dont you opt for a TALIBAN society. I suggest that when you meet a girl pay attention not much to what she say but to what she didnt say.

If you are a guy, this is my suggestion, introduce your potential wife around other women that you know (that doesnt have a vested interest of course) Let them hang out together for a while. You dont have to propose marriage on that visit. Let them "feel her" out. Women have a very uncanny ability to "sniff" out the bad about other women.

Also, if you are a lady, introduce your potential to other guys you know and see what they say. Guys know waht to look for (at least i do). Watch the mannerism. You can only hide your behavoir for so long. "Eefin ni iwa" (Xter is like a smoke) It will ooze out unknowingly. Meet his/her parents and access things yourself.

I know this is the age of internet etc etc . However nothing, i mean NOTHING substitute for good ol 6th sense.

Of course, no partner will be 100% perfect, all you need to do is determine how the shortcomings outweigh the good and if you can live with it.

Women always want to change a guy. Guys always think that the girl is cool wt my attitude. And there goes the problem. Ask yourself, if he/she dont change this behaviour, will it be ok or a deal breaker.

if you follow those rules from the original poster, you will be single forever sad
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by Lawijo(m): 11:35am On Jan 20, 2007
My people,
Na wa o! Well personally, I have seen situations where things have worked out positively and negatively. Like every situation and circustance in life.
Does that mean that relationships/marriages entered into by both home based and abroad based spouses don't go sour?
In a way, I think I know where the poster is coming from. But, I think the conclusions and insinuations are too general and quite on the negative side.
Nigerians in general and especially the ladies, have had enough of image bashing. They could do with some positive vibes.
Further, it's also very important what kind of people you surround yourself with when you are in Nigeria. Like the saying goes: "If you pay bananas, you'll get monkies" If you go to Nigeria and surround yourself with riff-raffs (male/female) and act like some local champion, well you will be partly responsible for the negativities that befall you.
Finally, I would like to say : "Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free"
There are still a lot of well-meaning, open-minded, metropolitan people in Nigeria. You only need to place yourself in the right setting.
This is my take on this issue. Thanks.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by JustGood(m): 12:53pm On Jan 20, 2007
person wey no fit get woman come go naija dey go find woman and dey follow woman wey him go dey carry go all the big big places and clubs don enter wahala.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by rafcrown(m): 5:15pm On Jan 20, 2007
HELLO
U ARE AN EXCELLENT RESEARCHER.A WISE PERSON WILL LEARN FROM YOUR PIECE.U HAVE WRITTEN AN INTELLIGENT STUFF.EVERYBODY CANNOT BUY YOUR IDEA UNTIL THEY FALL A VICTIM OF WAYO BABES
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by mrmayor(m): 5:54pm On Jan 20, 2007
@Topic,

The poster of this topic clearly stated that he was writing from experience and as usual the typical response is the Self Righteous Nigerian reply.I see where he is coming from and any person living abroad must have seen and heard about pathetic stories of relationships between Naija in abroad and Naija back home.

This situation is worse for Nigerian women living abroad,a friend of mine who went to Nigeria to marry her sweetheart got her fingers burnt as soon as her man got his papers he changed,got her oyibo friend pregnant,moved out and she is now left holding their baby while Mr Man is jumping from one woman to another,no need to say that she has vowed not have anything to do with Naija men again.She would advice anyone against getting involved with a Naija woman or Man who lives in Nigeria.

There are actually a small percentage of happy marriages when people get their wives/husbands from Nigeria,the best option as Radiant said is to marry from your current environment.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by LoverBwoy(m): 6:19pm On Jan 20, 2007
Wifey materials based in Nigeria please don't marry any guy that come all the way "from abroad"just to marry a woman except he's coming to stay permanently  grin except he's based in poland  grin

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE. , This piece was compiled based on my personal experience after living in Europe for 13 years, take care.

13 years hmm that means you've had plenty prostitues, drunks, mixed race babies, and the rest grin
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by deejay1(m): 7:07pm On Jan 20, 2007
wat a bad xperience i fink marryin a babe in the west side is more preferable that tryin 2 marry a babe dat is miles away from u and i also dont agree with the issue of dont marry a gal that is into surffin dat doesnt mean she advertisin her self thou and also the issue of liein 2 ur woman 2 be. i get the point u tryin 2 pass across 2 peeps but wat of if she get 2 know from other peep i fink dats wen she u be lk waoo dis guy is liein so i gatta 2 act quickly 2 get sometin off this guy bcoz of av lied 2 her
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by Okeamu1(m): 7:50pm On Jan 20, 2007
@Gorrjigen

Stop advertising your stereotype bullsh*t here and seun, you should not be posting something like this on the features, it shows that you agree with this Gorrjigen. Are you also a stereo?
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by stellose(f): 8:34pm On Jan 20, 2007
How about Ben that stayed in holland for 10 years , and all the women in holland rejected him because he was impotent? yet his long time nigerian girl friend still married him for the sake of what they had before he left.

even when he came back without nothing after 1o years. and still hoping for god to restore his impotency . what then will you say about this nigerian girl?
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by stellose(f): 8:37pm On Jan 20, 2007
How about Ben that stayed in holland for 10 years , and all the women in holland rejected him because he was impotent? yet his long time nigerian girl friend still married him for the sake of what they had before he left.

even when he came back without nothing after 1o years. and still hoping for god to restore his impotency . what then will you say about this nigerian girl?

dont paint all nigerian ladies black ok.
you can as well marry a white lady. we all know the few that are married to them what they are going through.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by Radiant(f): 8:52pm On Jan 20, 2007
This is such a sickening thread. I mean, y'all just open your mouth and say all sorts of shit. Go share your fears with your mothers and see if you'll feel good.

It's even the women that should be complainin and not the men. Y'all go sort out your erection problems.Nonsense!!!
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by LadyT(f): 8:57pm On Jan 20, 2007
angry If a non nigerian made this type of post people would go crazy!!!

Theres only a small minority of Nigerians spoiling our name lets not blow it up to something thats its not.  Nigerians have enough bad press already. 

Have you guys seen the website 419eater its a disgrace and makes us look bad.  Don't make things worst by spreading nonesense.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by AdaezeUS(f): 12:56am On Jan 21, 2007
Gorrjigen, now give advice on How Not To Get A Husband In Nigeria If You Live Abroad
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by kobe(m): 11:51am On Jan 21, 2007
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by tijehi(f): 8:02am On Jan 22, 2007
How can you generalize all naija girls, just because u had one bad experience. WE ARE NOT ALL LIKE THAT. Do u think going abroad is the ultimate for us, there are alot of brothers here, who are made and can take us sisters abroad as manytimes as we want. You talk about naija girls dumping you as soon as u take them over, boy (or papa, cus i'm sure u re quite old) i have bin a witness of such marraiges, and for more than 5years these marraiges are still going strong. it is such a pity that one or two experiences turned you into a bitter person , that u are now pumping wrong advices to ur fellow brothers.
why dont u atone for ur sins by apologising to ur naija sisters. By the way, are u ur parents only son? and i'm sure u dont have female naija cousins, cus if u do, u wont want to say such derogatory things about naija gilrs. Be careful with ur words of mouth, because when u give birth (thats if u dont have daughters already) to daughters whether with an indian or a chinese woman (I'm very sure of one of this race, cus a european or american will not be able to stand ur level of rationality) she will still have the naija blood flowing in her o, and u wouldnt want her to be exactly what u have said we (nigerian girls) are.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by stellose(f): 9:38am On Jan 22, 2007
i BELEIVE THE GUYS MOTHER HAD HIM OUT OF BROKEN HOME.
NO MAN BORN OF A COMPLETE WOMAN SPEAKS LIKES THIS.

MAYBE IS MOTHER WAS A PROSTITUTE OR A PROSTITUTE
OR HAD HIM THROUGH PROSTITUTION. YOU DONT OPEN YOUR MOUTH AND TALK ANY HOW.

IF YOU CAN OPEN YOUR TOILET AND TALK LIKE THIS. I BET YOU YOUR OWN BLOOD SISTERS WILL NOT MEAN OR WORTH A CENT TO YOU . ANIMAL STOP TALKING TRASH AND CONCENTRATE ON YOUR GUTTER SWEEPING ABROAD.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by oluite(f): 10:45am On Jan 22, 2007
Why can't u marry d naija girls abroad?Atleast you can get to know them one on one!why av d create all these rules cos u want to marry a girl from home u dont know shocked
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by yelum(f): 12:16pm On Jan 22, 2007
1. Do not let any lady you are interested in, know you live abroad in the first place, if she must know, tell her you are in Ghana or uganda etc

big deal! so what if you live abroad? like its heaven rite ?i would not have the time of the day for a man who would't tell me where he lives. locally or abroad. most of such men are frauds anyway, or have somethinh to hide. angry

Do not select lady who is well versed in the use of the internet, these are ladies who are advertising themselves nakedly on different websites to dupe unsuspecting men, they will jump on you and dump you as soon as they relocate with you.

i guess you unwittingly described yourself as a primitive, frustrated and depressed old man.imagine not wanting awife well versed on internet usage? you are a throwback to the dark ages, maybe you would prefer the women then. abi?
5. Avoid ladies who are University graduates if you can, they will pretend until they relocate with you, then got awares of the female friendly laws in Europe/USA and dump you as soon as possible. Many of them will end up quarelling with you and becoming very argumentative and arrogant.

a piece of advise for you. an illiterate is the ideal wife for you(a stark illiterate, though they are quite hard to find now).
13. As you are avoiding sex, please make sure you check all the body parts, like the breasts, the tommy area, or you may even ''finger'' the private part to ''carbon date'' her experience and dating age.

now you are being very 'unwise' which self respecting ladies literate or not would allow you do that?

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE. , This piece was compiled based on my personal experience after living in Europe for 13 years, take care.

grin wink wow you must really have had a bad time with women. what could be the problem? are you so bad looking they all despise the sight of you? or are you so 'mumuish' they all take you for a ride? now that would make you very 'unwise'. feel so sorry for you. 13 years, come home bro1. sad
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by whitelexi(m): 1:44pm On Jan 22, 2007
In the punishment of the guilty, the innocent must part-take grin Collectively looking at naija babes, everything in the post holds serious water; but there are some girls out there who are educated, homely, respectful. . . and everything a man will want.
I totally agree with not sending them money sha, whether they need it or not, because, any able bodied girl can work and make her money and not give body for cash or expect another person's sweat for free cool
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by mukina2: 1:48pm On Jan 22, 2007
whitex na here you dae?
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by jesseose(f): 2:48pm On Jan 22, 2007
its just so pathetic tht u girls r feeling so bad abt it the man has a right to his own opinion, u dont av to insult him to proove tht niger girls are not wat he thinks they r , instead u r prooving him right!
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by whitelexi(m): 3:19pm On Jan 22, 2007
mukina2:

whitex na here you dae?

U been lookin 4 me? well, in-between work and play, this is where i usually find myself grin grin grin
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by mukina2: 6:09pm On Jan 22, 2007
whitex . na so? grin
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by zarah(f): 6:17pm On Jan 22, 2007
If there is milk and honey where you are, pls let it tell on you.
Who wants to marry a floor mopper, a gangster or a Scammer anyway?
Tell that to the host of abroad mongers who want to re-locate abegiiiiiiiii.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by Dare312(m): 6:21pm On Jan 22, 2007
Gush! This thread is soo tite. Mukaina, I'm sendin u my gritings
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by 2Legit: 8:40pm On Jan 22, 2007
jesse_ose:

its just so pathetic that u girls r feeling so bad about it the man has a right to his own opinion, u don't av to insult him to proove that niger girls are not what he thinks they r , instead you're prooving him right!

true
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by bayo6(m): 12:23am On Jan 23, 2007
Poor Guy. Turn to God and you laugh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Recent Trip To Bahrain / Relocating To Benin, Togo Or Ivory Coast? / Read This Before Planning To Relocate To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.