Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:05 PM

How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad (15189 Views)

Why Nigerians Prefer To Live Abroad / Is This Really Nigeria? If Yes Pls Which Part Of The Country?m Wondering(photo) / Tell Us About The City Where You Live (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by Busta(f): 12:52am On Jan 23, 2007
@ topic,
some experience u had
but don't give up on love and Nigerian gurls as at yet

some of it are true enways. .
naija people (both men and women) have big appetite for people living abroad
even tho most pple don't wanna admit it. . it is true!

people living abroad must have had one experience or the other
I had an internet stalker. . dunno if thats right but that is wat i see it as.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by adconline(m): 7:21am On Jan 23, 2007
If you live in abroad, may be in Europe, The Americas or anywhere, and you desperately need a wife from home, please follow these rules.
[sub]

1. Do not le
t any lady you are interested in, know you live abroad in the first place, if she must know, tell her you are in Ghana or uganda etc. [/sub]I i buy this idea

2. Do not select lady who is well versed in the use of the internet, these are ladies who are advertising themselves nakedly on different websites to dupe unsuspecting men, they will jump on you and dump you as soon as they relocate with you.
Nope because Naija women are not all that difficult when compared with oyibo girls, if we can do 60% of what we do for our oyibo girls for Naija girls, there will be few problemsx

3.Do not allow your relative or family member, may be brothers or sisters to help you find a lady, they will always choose someone they can use to get you. because I no be Isaac, you have to choose your queen, so that you can diagnose her sickness when the symptoms manifest.

4. Do not allow your friends who live abroad with you to suggest someone living in Nigeria to you, it may be a ploy to bring his girlfriend over especially if he is not documented. You be mumu, may be na your friends go do your bedmatics too

5. Avoid ladies who are University graduates if you can, they will pretend until they relocate with you, then got awares of the female friendly laws in Europe/USA and dump you as soon as possible. Many of them will end up quarelling with you and becoming very argumentative and arrogant.
A blind man cannot lead a blind woman, a graduate MUST always a graduate if possible. Birds of the same feather flock together.Non-graduates are most likely to be graduate phobia.

6. Avoid sending money to your fiance or the lady you intend to marry, as you will soon become a money-miss-road, ''a laughing stock'' It depends, if your families are fully aware of your relationship, its advisable to send some money for upkeep. No money to girlfriends.

7. Avoid any lady that attends flashy pentecostal churches, this may only be for pretence. I will not marry an irreligious soul.Devil can appear in different forms.

8. Insist on all medical tests before any wedding at all.
I don't know which planet you live in, church officials even insist on that before anything can be done. My family will be the first to demand it.

9. Please, forget about beauty, insist on a very sober lady with good characters, i.e. avoid sentiments. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. No true benchmark 4 measuring beauty because European perception of beauty is different from Africa's

10. Avoid any lady that tells you she can manage a bottle of beer etc, you may be courting a prostitute. But you can handle an Oyibo woman who drinks and smokes. My sister's best friend who treats us as her siblings, drinks and she is the best person i have ever known. Does it mean that she is irresponsible? NO

11. Please, do not search for a Nigerian wife on dating website, you may not live to regret it.
I have never done this one, don't know

12. If you finally visit Nigeria to see the lady you choose , please do not jump on the bed with her, try to avoid sex with her, she may coat herself with ''Jazz'', to tie you up. " Boy Jazz no de reign, Go ask Chris Uba about his jazz experience with Chris Ngige'' Ngige did not die. Oyibo people are busy building airplanes and computers and we still think that there is a supernatural way- jazz- folk tales.

13. As you are avoiding sex, please make sure you check all the body parts, like the breasts, the tommy area, or you may even ''finger'' the private part to ''carbon date'' her experience and dating age.
How can you test your product without unmasking it? This sounds like Sunday school teaching.

14. If you can avoid a slim lady with very bursty chest, it will be better, because European men have great taste for these qualities or else you may end up finding your neighbour on top of your wife, or having a mullato/halfcast child.
Some times, I blame our women, they let men have it easy. Oyibo woman will tell you how she wants to be treated sexually. If you lose slim woman, then you are not doing it right. Do the same thing you do to Oyibo women in bed to Naija women. I cannot take my eyes off slender/slim and well endowed women because they are a sign of what I am about to devour.

A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE. , This piece was compiled based on my personal experience after living in Europe for 13 years, take care..
Wisdom could be formal or informal. You just gave a formal knowledge of your experiences.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by sabumbj(m): 9:51am On Jan 24, 2007
[color=#770077][/color]

Good One mate! I totally agree with you. Another suggestion: Marry outside Nigeria BUT for love NOT residency. Please!!
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by marky2: 5:21pm On Jan 24, 2007
That means we should back off from internet, even on this site, my friend i dont agree with you,some pple spend most of their time there not to look for men.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by anabell(f): 8:17pm On Jan 24, 2007
u have no right to rain such insults on nigerian girls and i feel sorry 4 who so ever takes ur advice cus all of it is craps, and if u have sisters then shame on u, what d big deal about livin abroad, it does not make u better then people at home,i am really disgusted about what u said about nigerian girls cos i was just readin this topic with one of my friend who is not a nigerian , and is so painful to see a brother bringin our girls down.shame on u
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by bigbumper(f): 12:53am On Jan 25, 2007
Abeg wetin, the guy dey give him own lighthearted advice about what he's been through and you come dey rain abuse on him.

I be woman too but truth dey inside wetin him talk.

And from the topic and his post, it is still clear that he intends to get his wife from Nigeria (like the proverbial dog wey wan get lost who no heed the hunter's whistle) grin grin grin

Serves some of the men right though, with all their talk about we have to go to Nigeria to marrry our wife because "we can't marry "omo london" or "naija girl for yankee".
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by Nobody: 11:09pm On Jan 25, 2007
grin grin cry cry cry cry i cry for you and laugh at you, nigerian gurlss i pity you like yam,beans,garri, dem go chop u reach ground better run for ur life, don't try it, nigerian gurls exceept u are in nigeria.when dey hear yankee their head sound and thier eyes go shine.oboy shine ur eyes
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by Radiant(f): 11:14pm On Jan 25, 2007
What kinda girls d'u guys meet ? embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by iamnotgod(f): 6:00am On Jan 29, 2007
Nigerian women in the US are very mean from what I have seen, they are also very arrogant unless this is a cover up for their feeling of low selfesteem We are all beautiful and it is not because we are naija or american or white or red its because we ARE Women. Men can create monsters from decent women. I have seen how some Naija men cherish American women but they treat us like slaves.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by oyinboaja: 12:10pm On Jan 29, 2007
na wa oh
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by ArseQPR(m): 5:30pm On Jan 29, 2007
Ol boi,
una no fit blame my guy. e br like say him eyes don see wen with 9ja birds. But for real man, I no too gbadun some yarns wey my guy bust. E still dey live 4 17th century. For true oooh 9ja birds dey gbadun guys wey dey ''jand or yankee''. In all sha make una open una eyes as love no blind infact e don dey wear contact lenses or even doing a bit of spec savers.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by NiteAngel(m): 12:30am On Jan 31, 2007
Wetin be ya job? Sample manager abi monitoring officer? I sure say if you apply to Slave Trade Co. ya suitability for post of recruiter no go be in doubt.

Egbon, won gbe si yin l'eti ni, pe ko de s'obo (monkey) n'Idanre mo. Awon obo (monkey) Idanre de ti'nwo leather.

I'm really amazed. I'm sure a similar advice is what a friend's toaster may have received that led him to send a mail which says "This friendship may not necessarily lead to marriage". Unknown to this naive guy, the lady is one of the most disciplined, Christian woman I've ever come across; too principled for my liking which explains why she remains ochara at 30. The guy in question likes her but after throwing such a bomb from Jandon which led her to withdraw in 9ja he has not been able to re-present his case.

My philosophy is that you make mistake when you are too careful. If you had a bad experience, it no doubt has made you a better person but adopting those strategies you designed will only drag you down. Abeg no drag others down with you.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by osesnoop: 12:44pm On Jan 31, 2007
smiley
bro i feel u.what you wrote is very true.i am having such a problem now,i just broke up with my fiancee and now i will soon be going to the uk.my problem is how i am going to get a nice nigerian girl to marry when iam in the uk.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by demuxus(m): 5:58am On Feb 07, 2007
hey, it is only god who sees all mind. it comes in both ways. some of the guys and ladies abroad are not perfect themselves. anyway one need to watch out for some of those features alighted. it shouldn't be a fast rule though.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by bagoma(f): 10:00pm On Feb 12, 2007
hey guys and gals, lets go easy on the insults, pls. the humour in this is somehow lost on u.
i think the thread starter meant it all as a one big joke and for us all to roll over ourselves in laughter. he couldnt possibly have experienced all that now, not even in a hundred years, abi?

lets lighten up please. grin cheesy
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by KekereEkun(m): 2:10am On Feb 15, 2007
Unfortunately, sometimes our experiences lead us to generalizeand that can be unhealthy. That's like a tourist traveling in New York (or any other large city), gets mugged and robbed, then goes back home and declare that all New Yorkers are robbers and thieves. Is that realistic?
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 24, 2007
Na true talk say Naija girls in the west dey craze, and at the same time the ones at home could be very dangerous, Everyone needs to take his time, women are neccessary evil! Na only God fit save man sha!!!
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by soulpatrol(f): 10:45pm On Mar 03, 2007
hey zulunation, where you at in arlington?
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by domwas2(m): 11:05am On Mar 07, 2007
Hi brother, it happens everywhere not nigerian's girl alone
thats ur lesson, and its been well taken - left to the readers to learn one or two things from it
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by oloba(m): 12:40pm On Mar 09, 2007
interesting,hand aplause for you.But sha i will marry oyinbo
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by ayomajek(f): 4:07pm On Mar 11, 2007
All this list does is show you for who you really are.

You are not interested in having a wife i.e. a companion. You just want a slave who will cook and clean and allow you to call yourself a married man (while you continue to sleep around)

It shows that you obviously did not have any positive female role models in your life since you think women are all gold diggers and prostitutes and cows/horses to be subjected to physical examination before sale.

You are not man enough to follow your heart and actually develop feelings for your partner

You think lying is a good thing

You do not get on well with your family members and you are all out to 'get' each other

Your friends are illegal immigrants who aren't really your friends because they are ready to use you

You are so ignorant that you think education = arrogance. You no see person wey no read book wey arrogant before?

You are insecure about being able to keep a woman. Even if you are on a desert island if you dont have what it takes her eye will be outside

My friend, you need to sit down and look at yourself and pray that God will improve things for you.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by Kc0022000(m): 10:22pm On Mar 11, 2007
Nigerians we are happy to call white ( Black ) instead of saying its white. The poster got some point correct and its 100 % true while few are old fashion. For me Nigerian women at home are totally out of the question, no good blood in them all.No hard feelings to those of you reading this post based in Nigeria. This days marriages don't even last long like the days of our grand fathers, there is no need even thinking of getting into a marriage contract in the first place. Better the American way, make kids and let your baby mama stay apart, NO MARRIAGE, grin Seen many cases here,guy dating Nigerian ladies for years and finally getting married , relocate the lady abroad and at the end they start growing wings,they really can. This topic is more than we all read and post opinions here, who no go no sabi
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by BRMJANE(f): 12:36am On Apr 06, 2007
4. Do not allow your friends who live abroad with you to suggest someone living in Nigeria to you, it may be a ploy to bring his girlfriend over especially if he is not documented. I would leave both of them paranoid if not paralyzed

5. Avoid ladies who are University graduates if you can, they will pretend until they relocate with you, then got aware of the female friendly laws in Europe/USA and dump you as soon as possible. Many of them will end up quarelling with you and becoming very argumentative and arrogant. * I have to marry an educated woman no two ways about that

MY RIBS ARE CRACKING.

13. As you are avoiding sex, please make sure you check all the body parts, like the breasts, the tommy area, or you may even ''finger'' the private part to ''carbon date'' her experience and dating age. How can you avoid sex and yet "check the breasts, tummy and finger the chick"? u de loose me

WHAT DOES HE TAKE NIGERIAN GIRLS TO BE. HE MADE WRONG CHOICES SO HE HAS TO DEAL WITH IT HIMSELF.
I DON'T AGREE TO MOST OF WHAT HE SAID.

14. If you can avoid a slim lady with very bursty chest, it will be better, because European men have great taste for these qualities or else you may end up finding your neighbor on top of your wife, or having a mulatto/halfcast child
THE GUY GET BAD LUCK FOR WOMEN.
ALL WOMEN ARE NOT THE SAME. INFACT WE ARE BETTER THAN WOMEN IN THE EUROPEAN COUNTRIES. MEN HERE KEEPS GOING BACK HOME TO MARRY NO MATTER HOW LONG THEY LIVE HERE. HE HAS A HARD LUCK ON WOMEN.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by OmoEko1(f): 12:47am On Apr 06, 2007
BRMJANE:

4. Do not allow your friends who live abroad with you to suggest someone living in Nigeria to you, it may be a ploy to bring his girlfriend over especially if he is not documented. I would leave both of them paranoid if not paralyzed

LOL i can't laugh anymore cheesy cheesy

5. Avoid ladies who are University graduates if you can, they will pretend until they relocate with you, then got aware of the female friendly laws in Europe/USA and dump you as soon as possible. Many of them will end up quarelling with you and becoming very argumentative and arrogant. * I have to marry an educated woman no two ways about that

This actually happened to my uncle up here, but the only difference was the girl wasn't really educated, she was one village girl like that. he sent her to school up here to study nursing at temple university. they got married had three kids, she become a citizen. And out of nowhere she started acting up, she told her husband that they should send the children to naija becos it will be easier for both of them to make money. to keep the story short 3months after the girl were back to naija, this woman left her husband( MY uncle), saying she didn't love him all this other silly thing things.
I felt really bad for him and he promised himself that he will never get marry or trust anyother women especially naija women.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by kobe(m): 1:24am On Apr 06, 2007
smiley
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by OmoEko1(f): 1:29am On Apr 06, 2007
kobe:

that's stupidity on her part, especially after having 3 kids with the man.
That shows the type of mentality she has
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by NiteAngel(m): 1:20am On Apr 07, 2007
Not done with my response to poster,

Love cannot be posted, telescope no dey test feelings, binoculars no go fit check character, scale no sabi weigh sexual competence, To make matters worse, you put TLC (tender love and care) under lock and key; so how the woman go fit run a similar check on you?

The only way you'd get to the level of checking her up and down - oshodi oke and bakassi - is if you establish a level of interest and then back down after approving or disapproving her alignment, highly deceptive undecided

Being abroad does not put you in any special class or change the colour of your skin. A guy that was hovering over a lady did what "bros" usually do. He had his eyes abroad and on a lady who could help him change location. Since he wasn't sure of outcome and he couldn't stop the calendar from revealing his age, he used a 9ja "sis" as back-up. He eventually travelled on the away bill without informing his 9ja "sis". As God would have it the 9ja "sis" travelled to Yankee on study and while there visited Jand. When the "bro" saw her, he tried to fix a return match unfortunately the red card couldn't be waived.

Today you are abroad. Tomorrow you may be in Somalia or Afghanistan or Iran and she may be in the so called greener pastures and be the one using your sample method on you. How well will you accept the same parameters you have set?
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by hotchic1(f): 8:10pm On Apr 14, 2007
Hey ladies beware,this guys all want do dominate your life.An undergraduate so that she can ask u for evry penny she needs and you can somplain.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by AdaezeUS(f): 9:51pm On Apr 23, 2007
Omo Eko that was pretty harsh on her part. Is your Uncle dating anyone? wink
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by MP007(m): 9:00am On Aug 21, 2007
buttom line, onlien dating sucks, whats going on? why are men so afraid of approaching ladies today ? i hate online dating
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by darfur(m): 12:09pm On Aug 22, 2007
MP007:

buttom line, onlien dating sucks, whats going on? why are men so afraid of approaching ladies today ? i hate online dating

pretty ladies are so hard to approach these days b/c they are always very insolent and proud on 1st appraoch, and in this jet age 21st century, most men dont have the patience for hard get games. that is why that british man whose child was abducted in the niger-delta ended up with such a woman(no disrespect to the woman, but one would expect an european to do better than marry a nigerian woman that can hardly speak english)

in my village we say that when all beautiful ladies play hard to get, the ugly woman gets the prince. ponder.
Re: How Not To Get A Wife In Nigeria If You Live Abroad by surface(f): 5:44pm On Apr 04, 2009
Rubbish

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Recent Trip To Bahrain / Has Anyone Traveled From London To Lagos With Air Morocco? / Read This Before Planning To Relocate To Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.