Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,141 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:05 AM

South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) (38857 Views)

Abuja Taxi Driver Strips Naked After His Car Was Impounded By Security Officials / Nigerian Man Confronts Chinese Officials Over Ill-Treatment Of Nigerians (Video) / Border Of Nigeria And Niger Republic Is Porous (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by searchng4love: 5:52pm On Mar 04, 2017
Dinocarex:

You said Western country.. Didnt you? Is South Africa one?
That country ought to be worshipping Nigeria and Nigerians literally despite all was done to them during Aparthied era. How can they be treating fellow Africans like this.
I won't take away some bad eggs spoiling our name outside the shores but South Africa ain't going that way to get it done!
Are we respectful to ourselves?
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by khoiboy1(m): 5:56pm On Mar 04, 2017
Dinocarex:

You said Western country.. Didnt you? Is South Africa one?
That country ought to be worshipping Nigeria and Nigerians literally despite all was done to them during Aparthied era. How can they be treating fellow Africans like this.
I won't take away some bad eggs
our name outside the shores but South Africa ain't going that way to get it done!

"That country ought to be worshipping Nigeria and Nigerians" BWAHAHAAHAHAHA!!! #MUMU

2 Likes

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Sydney17(m): 5:56pm On Mar 04, 2017
I was once detained in that room for over 7 hours on a cold winte morning! I can identify that room very well, it's at the O.R tambo airport Johannesbourg! Rude an very uncouth SA border police! My offence was having Nigerian passport even though I explained to them am on my way to Australia! I seriously wonder when nigeria will stand up and speak against this absolute nonsense! Black racists! I bet they won't come near you if you're white! Even if you bleach enough! grin grin grin
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by infofta(m): 5:57pm On Mar 04, 2017
Let's be realistic. Before you are allowed into any country your purpose of coming must be very clear. Telling them your are in SA because you are invited by US government when South Africa is not united states is not a valid reason. They need further clarification.

5 Likes

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by freeborn76(m): 6:03pm On Mar 04, 2017
Built2last:
This Omojuwa guy is a sick attention seeker. Do you know how many people are cornered and questioned in every airport around the world....

I was called aside in Charles De gaul France in 2014 for 45 minutes. I only told them that if I miss my connecting flight I will take the case further. I pulled out my phone and played Zuma till they called me and gave me my passport.

Visit Thailand or Singapore Omojuwa and grow up. It's called Routine check.

Thank you. I wan talk before, but dem for say freeborn76 don come again; Nigerians are petty wallahi!

2 Likes

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by omoiyamayor(m): 6:04pm On Mar 04, 2017
It is very clear south African has chosen Nigeria as big enemy for reasons I fail to understand.at home affairs in marabastad Nigerians are arrested every Thursday telling them their asylum as been cancelled with no reason,they tell us u going home people like home is Syria lol.last night a taxi driver refused my entry because I'm a Nigerian,I smile while I walked away and he drove closer to ask me why I was smiling but I told him I remembered something and it has nothing to do with him.you need to be here to understand what hatred means.God heal Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by joseph1832ng: 6:06pm On Mar 04, 2017
If we have a government that is responsive to her citizens, I believe the South African ambassador to Nigeria would have been summoned a long time ago and have his ass handed to him!.

All these are signs of a selfish and greedy government. People who don't see anything aside their greed and lust for money and blatant disregard for human (nigerian) life.

It's high time we look inward and ask ourselves if, this is how we want to continue as a people.

3 Likes

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Nobody: 6:14pm On Mar 04, 2017
Its a shame you experienced that,its hightime our govt do something,can you imagine even a Taxi man did that to you?wondering why hecalled to ask why you were smilling,perhaps maybe he wants to call mob to beat you?
omoiyamayor:
It is very clear south African has chosen Nigeria as big enemy for reasons I fail to understand.at home affairs in marabastad Nigerians are arrested every Thursday telling them their asylum as been cancelled with no reason,they tell us u going home people like home is Syria lol.last night a taxi driver refused my entry because I'm a Nigerian,I smile while I walked away and he drove closer to ask me why I was smiling but I told him I remembered something and it has nothing to do with him.you need to be here to understand what hatred means.God heal Nigeria.
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by tosmy(m): 6:15pm On Mar 04, 2017
I did not like to write on any thread but I like to read people reaction here,first I 'll like to advice Nigerian to stop exploring some African countries,like south Africa,Egypt and Libya and some country in Asia like dubai and quater,really there currency are more valuable than Nigerian currency, but all this listed countries did not have enough job to offer that can make your exploring dream come to reality,i 'll start with south Africa.You spent a lot of your savings to get the visa,but on getting there they started treaten you live second class slavery and in Egypt the only job they can offer is babe seating and house keeping job or if you can be opportune to have other Labour job and there payment are very low E.g $300- $350 per month wish I 'll never accept from anyone for 3 days on regular hourly charges.finaly Libya should be least country that Nigerian should have in mind because of there heartless behaviour to other African countries.pls let be wise up and do our primary findings before embarking on a trip to any country and don't be deceived by all does travel agents.they have a way of buying people mind so they pocket your money. once again let us be wise and do the right thing to archive our goal! God bless Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by PrickGetSize(m): 6:15pm On Mar 04, 2017
progress69:

Use ur brain to do what it's meant for. No Everything u politicise. Stop behaving like u have a pack of fufu protected by a hard casing up there
I thought you're infallible to gbagaun?
Not
Politicize

Olodo!

1 Like

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Tintinnoty(m): 6:18pm On Mar 04, 2017
yemaldo:
Hnmmm, federal government better do something about these people, we(Nigerians) don't have much to lose but they have a lot to...

they don't have much to lose, we have. thousands of Nigerians work in MTN DSTV and Shop rite. what happen to them if you force this companies out of Nigeria
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Montaque(m): 6:19pm On Mar 04, 2017
Hope this and many others will make our government act, enough of diplomacy in handling this issue
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Tintinnoty(m): 6:21pm On Mar 04, 2017
yemaldo:
Hnmmm, federal government better do something about these people, we(Nigerians) don't have much to lose but they have a lot to...

they don't have much to lose, we have. thousands of Nigerians work in MTN DSTV and Shop rite. what happen to them if you force this companies out of Nigeria
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Mar 04, 2017
Individuals have their experiences at border controls.

We can treat this case isolation.

Nothing really wrong with the treatment per person. You need to prove beyond reasonable doubt that your trip is genuine with facts.

Anyway, I am glad he was released eventually.

No cause for alarm.
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by dragonking3: 6:28pm On Mar 04, 2017
ZarZar:
Somehow this whole exchange doesn't sound very believable because at the end of the day, it's still a job & a certain level of professionalism is required, minus personal opinion. Audio or I don't believe it.
You won't believe since it doesn't involve your white masters. Now you can come out and talk trash. When it involves your masters you all become mute and hide in silence. Bunch of Cowards. tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Nobody: 6:38pm On Mar 04, 2017
dragonking3:
You won't believe since it doesn't involve your white masters. Now you can come out and talk trash. When it involves your masters you all become mute and hide in silence. Bunch of Cowards. tongue

Yeah, it's because of "our masters". Are you happy now? Nonsense!
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Mattex001(m): 6:42pm On Mar 04, 2017
infofta:
Let's be realistic. Before you are allowed into any country your purpose of coming must be very clear. Telling them your are in SA because you are invited by US government when South Africa is not united states is not a valid reason. They need further clarification.

What other clarification ? People get invites for different types of event around the world. All you need do is get the country's visa and also keep a copy of the invitation memo when traveling.

If he is in Possession of South Africa Visa then what clarification does one need again ?

1 Like

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Timelezz: 6:48pm On Mar 04, 2017
searchng4love:
FTC.... Thanks again to airtel data.... My xiaomi gadget... Power company that has been 24 hours nonstop....

To the topic Japheth doesn't have to be rude.... Some of us have been subjected to such in more advanced western countries.... It's just a routine check no need to raise unnecessary alarm. I didn't come to the social media to start yabbing unnecessarily.
Border police can put you on the next available flight out of their country if they're not satisfied with your presence in the country...

Not all south Africans are xenophobic.... Including some of the comedians on Nairaland.

Get Nigeria into shape... Value your citizens... Pay them living wages.... Provide healthcare..... Social security.... Insurance.... Mortgage without preferential treatment... Affordable capital for businesses... Educational institutions where lecturers and system doesn't make life hell for the students... I can tell you that the faculty of basic medical sciences of the university of Ibadan Nigeria consistently loses over 80℅ of their PhD students to South African universities simply due to the attitude of the lecturers there .... And the UI PG school doesn't give a damn about monitoring the admitted students rather concerned about sales of forms... As there's always the Fgn's funds to waste paying their humongous wages and allowances.....

If you don't value your people.... Don't expect anyone else to do that for you.

Last I checked Nigerian workers are been owed for months..Some for over six months! Students on government scholarships around the world were stranded because the Nigerian government refused to pay them.... MTN that offers blazing data services speed in South Africa is in Nigeria with something slower than snail.... Doctors hold surgery patients to ransom just to get the government to pay their due salaries and benefits..... We really don't have a bargaining chip with the South African government if we don't put our house in order!!!

The emboldened prove you're just a FP-hugger who doesn't have a breath of knowledge how international politics works.
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by jpworld(m): 6:54pm On Mar 04, 2017
Who is listening to this goat head omojuwa? Somebody who deceive us into voting our sick President and went through the back door to take stuffs for his effort.

He can suffer for all i care.
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Nostradamu(m): 6:59pm On Mar 04, 2017
chinex276:
country of savages and pigs

Personally, and this is hoping South Africans' will get to read my yatter, I feel APARTHEID needs to be reintroduced to the POS country. Apparently, they haven't learnt shit from that ordeal. MFs!

NB: I really couldn't give a rat's ass about Omojuwa, so my comment is not a guise to patronize him. NO! But when my people (law abiding ones) and others from different countries are put to the sword virtue of the terrorism happening in that country now, i have no option than to wish apartheid on them ALL OVER AGAIN.

Bunch of BVSTVRDS.

2 Likes

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by dragonking3: 7:01pm On Mar 04, 2017
ZarZar:

Yeah, it's because of "our masters". Are you happy now? Nonsense!
Nope, your masters. They still own your country till date and there is nothing you cowards can do

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Olubukola16(f): 7:01pm On Mar 04, 2017
searchng4love:
Educational institutions where lecturers and system doesn't make life hell for the students... I can tell you that the faculty of basic medical sciences of the university of Ibadan Nigeria consistently loses over 80℅ of their PhD students to South African universities simply due to the attitude of the lecturers there .... And the UI PG school doesn't give a damn about monitoring the admitted students rather concerned about sales of forms...

I can attest to the bolded.......... especially Biochemistry and Chemical Pathology.

1 Like

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by SalamRushdie: 7:04pm On Mar 04, 2017
See his ugly impotent face ...South Africa border police can deal with him for all I care

1 Like

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by SalamRushdie: 7:05pm On Mar 04, 2017
infofta:

Thank you ..he has carried his worthless twitter arrogance there
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by goldedprince: 7:08pm On Mar 04, 2017
i went there a few weeks to do some things and came back, no issues. are you sure you aint a pusher?
yes they are bad but they are not stupid.
i dont see them keeping you there for no reason except if you look or acted violent or suspicious

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by obowunmi(m): 7:14pm On Mar 04, 2017
Nigerians stay in your goddamn country.
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Ngozi123(f): 7:24pm On Mar 04, 2017
admax:
South Africa is the only country I never dreamt of going. They are still under slavery since their economy is being controlled by whites.

Kenya is another stupid country that will embarass Nigerians at their airport.

Those guys are just jealous of Nigerians, no matter the matter, we are the biggest country in Africa! They can go to hell.

Why on earth would a South African or a Kenyan be jealous of Nigerians and Nigeria? You're the biggest country (figuratively speaking, not literally) in Africa yet you're riddled with terrorism, poverty and illiteracy. Both Kenya and South Africa have been making huge strides in the last 20 years yet you feel that they'd be jealous of a country that has barely improved since it 'received' its independence in 1960? I don't know where Nigerians get this arrogance from- you're not helping yourselves by having this attitude.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by searchng4love: 7:24pm On Mar 04, 2017
Timelezz:

The emboldened prove you're just a FP-hugger who doesn't have a breath of knowledge how international politics works.

Tell me.
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Mar 04, 2017
dragonking3:
Nope, your masters. They still own your country till date and there is nothing you cowards can do

I know what I said. I wasn't including you undecided Same old regurgitated rubbish I see. Let me tell you something since you like bringing up the same subject over & over again. It didn't take whites 23 years to build economic leverage/land ownership & it sure will not take us that to equal them, if the aim is to do things the right way. This may be a joke to you but as I told you in another thread, South Africans are making strides while you're busy going backwards. We're already boasting 1 black billionaire in the Forbes list & many will certainly come since we already have millionaires amongst us. All that happened in less than 23 years. 23 years from now, the change will even be greater. You tell me, what have YOU achieved since your own independence? Btw, I'm this () to dismissing you. You bore me with your repetitive posts.
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by youngsahito(m): 7:27pm On Mar 04, 2017
Let our brothers in south Africa shun sales of drug n prostitution in other people land.I didn't mention any tribe ooo
Re: South African Border Officials Detain Political Analyst Omojuwa (snapshots) by searchng4love: 7:30pm On Mar 04, 2017
ZarZar:
Somehow this whole exchange doesn't sound very believable because at the end of the day, it's still a job & a certain level of professionalism is required, minus personal opinion. Audio or I don't believe it.
Objective.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Governor Zulum Begins Painting Of Flyover In Maiduguri Like Kaduna (Photos) / Container Crashes Into BRT Terminal At Agric, Ikorodu / Is $50,000 Too Much For American Marriage Into Citizenship?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.