Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,662 members, 7,955,398 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 03:20 AM

Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly (35116 Views)

Poll: Which team will win this friendly match?

Black Stars of Ghana: 16% (20 votes)
Super Eagles of Nigeria: 83% (101 votes)
This poll has ended

Ghana Vs Equatorial Guinea: AFCON 2015 (3 - 0) On 5th February 2015 / Ghana Vs Senegal: AFCON 2015 (1 - 2) On 19th January 2015 / Ghana Vs Egypt - World Cup Qualifier: (6 - 1) On Tuesday 15 October 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by gidig(m): 9:18pm On Feb 07, 2007
The eagles were disappoiting yesterday.Ghana took the game to them and they really deserve their win. Thank God it was a friendly and not one of those qualifiers.It is a wake up call for the Eagles that every match is not a training session.

To the fellas from Ghana poppin in here once in a while,congrats. Enjoy the memory of this defeat. It may just be while before you have such experience again.

Enjoy it, little brothers!

ps: If you are angry, I am Nigerian and that is the way we are!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by candylips(m): 10:57pm On Feb 07, 2007
i wish i could get my £30 and 1 hr 30 mins of my life back angry
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Uche2nna(m): 1:17am On Feb 08, 2007
Let the Ghana guys enjoy it while it lasts. If we had won, drew or been beat by a slim margin, I would have benn really disappointed. But this heavy beating from the hands of an arc enemy makes me really excited about the future of our football.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by waleleader(m): 1:34am On Feb 08, 2007
@candylips,
sorry about Yday, I just had to leave. Hope U had no probs getting home. Safe
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by IlPadrino1(m): 1:38am On Feb 08, 2007
Ghana 4 - Nigeria 1  embarassed    , Pele once said Nigeria would rule the footballing world ,
I guess he did not count on corruption and an inept NFA administration.

We have talent all over the place we just can not put it together how can a country so blessed be so messed up.
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 8:46am On Feb 08, 2007
I usually support expat coaches because I feel that indigenous coaches would not get sufficient respect and support from players, their bosses at the FA and the media etc. There are too many interest groups. The expats have been ill treated too but I don't think it's anything compared with what the 'local coaches' face. I don't think it's so much about being on the highest technical level as to being familiar with new trends and being a (preferably white) non-Nigerian. If you don't get support, your technical competence won't matter much. _Pele could still be proved right.

It might sound wacky but I would bet that 'BV' (you know who) would be a better President than virtually all our past rulers. On account of skin colour alone? Not exactly but to a great extent yes! 'Better vote for Berti Vogts for President. The Jimmy Carter-Bill Clinton ticket doesn't look like it might come to pass.'
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by candylips(m): 9:03am On Feb 08, 2007
@walelead

i was right behind you after you left. i couldn't stay and watch after they scored the 4th goal. i got home around 12 am angry
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Razorr(f): 9:46am On Feb 08, 2007
Seun, Abeg now. . .  Remove this thread from the top of the list. We want to get over this topic now. . .  sad
I beg u in the name of Nigeria, please remove this thread from the top of the list of sport topics. God bless you.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 9:48am On Feb 08, 2007
It's not all bad. Really.

Dream Team wallops Equatorial Guinea 5-0
http://www.guardiannewsngr.com/sports/article03
(Yesterday, Wednesday 7/2/2007)

_Samson Siasia for President!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Razorr(f): 9:57am On Feb 08, 2007
Shame on you! angry

Equitorial Guinea ko, Somalia ni. You're rejoicing because we beat Equitorial Guinea?
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 9:59am On Feb 08, 2007
Berti for President
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by 1forall: 10:07am On Feb 08, 2007
Now thats funny! LMAO
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by BigShishi(m): 11:27am On Feb 08, 2007
Razor, I know what you mean but then these are our future footballers so maybe there is still hope,
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by dblock(m): 11:29am On Feb 08, 2007
Of course there's darn hope, the nigerian sqaud looks promsisng to me, this is not the end of an era but the begining of a bright future. Don't believe me? watch and see
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by deenmb(m): 12:23pm On Feb 08, 2007
Its a sad day for our football, but I think its also a new beginning. Berti Vogts is coming to take over. I consider him the best coach Nigeria has ever employed. Lets hope he comes with new ideas to move our football forward.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by BigShishi(m): 1:58pm On Feb 08, 2007
i can kill all u folks talkn bout Bert Voghts, he was sacjked by scotlamd , they lost all games under him and gat trashed badly, this is the problem with us Nigerians, we think cos he's white, he's da answer, angry angry

heard keshi is back as Togo'a coach grin
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by BigShishi(m): 2:02pm On Feb 08, 2007
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/sportsonthehour/2007/feb/08/sportsbreak-08-02-2007-001.htm

tell em uncle, sir, alhaji, brother, pastor onigbinde

just like i said, voghts will fail, how can a national coach be based in another country?? angry angry angry

this is just depressingly dumb. dumb. dumb
http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/sports/2007/feb/08/sports-08-02-2007-001.htm
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Razorr(f): 2:10pm On Feb 08, 2007
He hasn't said anything new. I've said it before. The problem with Nigerian soccer is that we talk and talk. . . .  and nothing ever gets done.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by whitelexi(m): 2:36pm On Feb 08, 2007
We played badly and got beat, we didnt have the best players on the pitch, we cannot blame anyone because we deserved it.
It was coming a long time now, our soccer has been deteriorating - right from france 98 where we were exitted disgracefully. We didnt even get to the 2nd round of the next world cup and left with just a goal in our last match with england. we didnt even qualify for the world cup in 2006!!! Why is anyone surprised

The earlier we put our FA in order, the better or else, even zamunda national team will flog us soon grin grin grin
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by BigShishi(m): 2:58pm On Feb 08, 2007
zamu what? grin grin
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Nobody: 2:59pm On Feb 08, 2007
I'm hoping to rest my case on the Eagles until South Africa 2010. I was so passive about them that I didn't know of it until after we'd qualified for our first world cup in 1994. I've got a headache. I read everything under 'London Is Not The Paradise I Expected' from start to finish. I thing the posts on that and this show that we need to promote a culture of hardwork and planning etc. That's the edge I take for granted most times when I prefer 'whites'. Anybody can read about NASA's plans for Shuttle trips and the ISS and candidates for the next elections in the UK or USA. I live in Lagos and I can't say the same to a considerable degree about the preparations for the coming months' elections. Or be certain they will hold!
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by chelsea4li: 4:55pm On Feb 08, 2007
well at least Nigeria was not the only country that lost, england lost to Spain at old trafford.both lamped and Gerrard played.France also lost at home to Argentina.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by BigShishi(m): 5:00pm On Feb 08, 2007
Chelseas, keep consolin yaself, Naija gat rounced,, disgraced, humiliated, raped, abused
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Razorr(f): 5:04pm On Feb 08, 2007
Big Shishi:

Chelseas, keep consolin yaself, Naija gat rounced,, disgraced, humiliated, raped, abused

You can say that again, but please leave out the rape part. Its not true.
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by beyunce(f): 5:20pm On Feb 08, 2007
U cant blame big shisi for using does term cos,

Its really unexpressable. i think rape is d best description so far. cheesy
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Razorr(f): 5:36pm On Feb 08, 2007
Sweety, we weren't raped, ok? We were the architects of our own misfortune! angry
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by danniecool(m): 6:49pm On Feb 08, 2007
I least there is still hope watch out for Dream Team 4 continuity is good for the game of football in Nigeria.
Samson Siasia showing us how to do it. I really commend him for what he is doing, over the year Nigeria had been participating in age group competition, but only few usually graduate to next grade team.
But now we can see that this present U23 team consist of 85% of the players that played for the last U20 Nations Cup and World cup.

I pick Samson Siasia as the best coach in Nigeria scene (Home base)
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by 9ja4eva: 8:34pm On Feb 08, 2007
danniecool:

I least there is still hope watch out for Dream Team 4 continuity is good for the game of football in Nigeria.
Samson Siasia showing us how to do it. I really commend him for what he is doing, over the year Nigeria had been participating in age group competition, but only few usually graduate to next grade team.
But now we can see that this present U23 team consist of 85% of the players that played for the last U20 Nations Cup and World cup.

I pick Samson Siasia as the best coach in Nigeria scene (Home base)

I support you all the way cos he truly is no doubt
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by superman(m): 8:57pm On Feb 08, 2007
hey hey i think SUPERMAN GOT SOMETHING TO MAKE CLEAR NOW.

SUPEREAGLES ARE STILL BETTER THAN BLACK STARS!!!  yes cus and if yall watch that match on the day u might assimilate this thing me talkin about! u see i hate talkin too much i really do and i beleive this is the reason nigeria is so messes up! people talk too much $hit for real

if MIcheal Eissen will say the truth for truth sake if that match is be repeated there is no way they will win! no way ! word up!! word up , hope u dnt take this $hit for joke! just to let u know that im straight in what i have be postin in here ; just read back the thread on this one now even your foreign coach attestify to my post

Nigeria s new coach, Berti Vogts watched Ghanaâ s Black Stars bash Eagles 4-1 and said the following: Berti Vogts said "I saw a team you could call Super Eagles in the first 20 minutes and the rest of the minutes were something else, certainly, not super. The remaining part of the game wasnt good. It was bad.

There was no discipline in the organisation in the field. When you lose the ball, you must collectively work to win the ball back. They were not doing that. But it's an African problem and we will be working on that.

like i said be4 in the 1st 30mins well 1st half supereagles made a bold statement to ghana
if yall comin here to win forget it
  2nd half there you have it

oh well over all im not that worried im sure things can be done!

full stop
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by 9ja4eva: 9:26pm On Feb 08, 2007
Y is this man going to coach from Europe.I tink Onigbinde got it right by saying we need home based super eagles to execute the job too.What y'all think
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by superman(m): 9:50pm On Feb 08, 2007
the olny reason i would or might prefer an outsider as a coach is maybe that induce more descipline in the team!

the team dnt need to learn anything from anyone! they just need to sit up for good, thats all !

DESCIPLINE THATS ALL THEY NEED NO MORE
Re: Ghana Vs Nigeria Football Friendly by Uche2nna(m): 10:06pm On Feb 08, 2007
The team needs to "learn" how to play like a team. Moreover, there is a big issue with this coach prefering to coach from outside. That is bullshit to me!!!! What we need is more of a continous developmental program that will make unknown players get into the national team. This program should also be able to pick out raw talent from the local scene and polish them into stars that could be marketable into European leagues. All these can not be done while living abroad. We need a coach that will agree to live within the shores of Nigeria, understand tha Nigerian ways and problems and find ways to surmount those. As a matter of fact we do not need a world class coach we just need a good manager. And Y I am advocating for a white man to be this manager, is that unfortunately that seems to be what draws out respect from our players.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Fabio Lanipekun Is Dead / Newly Married Musa Scores Twice As Nigeria Tackles Togo / Muhammad Ali In Agbada Constume In Lagos 1964

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.